Sainsburys Bank Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 76 reviews       Last review 1 week ago
  Visit website

Sainsburys Bank car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Sainsburys Bank car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Sainsburys Bank before, you too can write a short Sainsburys Bank car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Average

Sainsburys Bank Review Insight

Speed

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Sainsburys Bank's Car Insurance now

Utterly, utterly appalling!

For a start Sainburys Bank seem to have nothing to do with Sainsburys Bank insurance. On any call you first have to fight your way past some ambulance chasers called Auxiilis then you are redirected )finally) to 'Pukka' who are nothing of the sort and finally you are directed to 'Action 365' who should be done by advertising standards, for a start, their website only tells you that their offices are closed (so much for 365). My latest attempt to phone them is 59.55 minutes in and counting. From what I can tell... The entire set up is designed to block you from making any sort of claim whatsoever. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!

Reviewed on 19th November 2021
Caroline DS's avatar
Caroline DS

credit card

... Read more

Credit card application.
Applied for a credit card after doing soft search, excepted but took a month to receive a letter, phoned after first week told they are doing extra back room checks. Told i had been excepted with a £500 credit limit shocked as i have a experian score of 999 out of 999. I have been refused in the past about 2 years ago and never got to the bottom of it again credit score excellent and had had a credit card with them before. I know a lot about how credit rating works so no reason for what i was offered. Never in over 30 years had any other problem with any other provider. Applied to another provider got offered 5,000. Disgusting customer service waited an hour to log a complaint i needed to go to work still on hold and told my complaint would take longer to log girl kept on putting me on hold and told if i went then complaint would not be logged. Rang again another day, complaint was logged just needed to add to it so girl threatening me it wouldn't be logged was not true, finished complaint told someone would phone me within 3 days, call did not come. Rang again told i would get a reply, letter came 3 days later via email waste of time cop out complaint not upheld basically they can offer what they want with reason. It damages your credit rating for a short while as applied for credit. I do not want this credit card so cancelled it, I honestly think Sainsburys want to only give credit to people who can make them money ie charges late payments in dept. I never got charged a penny from them as paid on time in full its the only thing i can think of only used card for large purchases and on deal ie 22 months purchaes. Only reason i can think of as they are not helpful with a reason. Will never ever apply to Sainsbury bank, be aware of your credit score. I am in the process of contacting Martin lewis to bring to his attention.

Reviewed on 18th November 2021
Lindy Lou's avatar
Lindy Lou

Very high admin fees, and uselss website

Very high admin fees. The option to cancel one's car insurance online that does not work and forces you to call and then they charge you £55, even if you cancel because you do not possess the car anymore. It is simply ridiculous.

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
kwicher's avatar
kwicher

Rubbish

Didnt cancel my renewal after I called up two weeks ago to cancel it! Not open on weekends so have to call weekdays when busy at work!

Reviewed on 13th November 2021
Alice KD's avatar
Alice KD

Don't waste your time!

This is the worst insureres I've dealt with. The customer service is shockingly bad if you even manage to get through to someone. The website is always down and the app is always faulty. Pointless if you actually need something!

Reviewed on 25th October 2021
Lysha Whu's avatar
Lysha Whu

Scam artists in disguise

Steer clear. No option of car being locked in a secure electronic access car park. Only offer road side, drive way or garage. Won't allow you to put garage because it's not yet happy to have you put roadside when it's not. Resulting in higher premium.

Reviewed on 21st October 2021
Amanda Borokinni's avatar
Amanda Borokinni

Tired stressed and confused

I chose Sainsbury's for my car insurance as it was the best option for my needs, but how I was so... Read more

I chose Sainsbury's for my car insurance as it was the best option for my needs, but how I was so wrong.
After someone drove into the back of my car I contacted them.
The lady who drove into me asked that we went through insurance companies as she wouldn't be able to afford to replace bumpers on both cars.
I phoned Sainsbury's to get the ball rolling and this has been a battle since day one.
I was advised to take my car to a garage to get work assessed and did so straight away.
3 days later I was told that my car was a right off even though it was a cracked bumper, they told me I had to phone zenith to talk about next steps.
Zenith then told me that it wasn't a right off and I had to send pictures of the damage to them, so I did. To be told another 5 days later it was a right off.
They gave me the option of buying back the car, and because it has been in the family since new I decided that it would be the best option for me.
I was then told by Sainsbury's that I needed to get another mot on the car and a engineers report to say it was fit for the road.
Sainsbury's then paid me out, I had the work carried out on the car and got both MOT and engineers report which in total cost £450 including respray.
As my insurance was just about to end I got an email from them the day before renewal saying I had to phone them to discuss my insurance. So I phoned again to be told that my car is regarded as a catagory s right off I can only get 3rd party insurance, I was not told before because if it had been brought up I would have gotten rid of the car. They then told me that they wouldn't insure me, which I wasn't to bothered about after been messed around with.
Then after a frustrating call to be told that my no claims had been taken from me so trying to insure my car with other companies and they will only do 3rd party and it has doubled in price.
I'm really not Happy. The lady who drove into me took responsibility for the accident, and I'm getting penalize for it. They said once the forms are filled in they will release my no claims but that can take up to 48 weeks. So now I'm stuck with a car that I can't insure because of the price.
The crazy thing about it is if I hadn't contacted them I would have been driving with no insurance as they didn't inform me that I wasn't insured.
I spent 5 and a half hours on hold on the first day trying to sort out what was happening with my car and some of the staff couldn't even find my policy.
The amount of time I have spent phoning between Sainsbury's and zenith who is Sainsbury's underwriter is unbelievable, if you don't phone them nothing happens.
I'm sorry Sainsbury's but I shop in your stores and I expect a standard but your car insurance solution is giving you a bad reputation.
I would not recommend car insurance with you.

Reviewed on 16th October 2021
Andy's avatar
Andy

8 calls, 30 minutes waiting

After 8 calls and 30 minutes waiting each. Finally I can speech to them and cancel my policy. Thank god

Reviewed on 6th October 2021
Pham Dinh Thanh's avatar
Pham Dinh Thanh

cannot be contacted at alll

been trying since last Thursday to contact car insurance spent best part of 9 hotrs calling but keep getting cut off no email address to get you on this is the poorest custoimer service i have ever known

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
seymours cafe's avatar
seymours cafe

Bad customer service

Terrible customer service on phonelines. Very unhelpful. Was a few days outside my cooling off period and they wouldn’t reduce the fee from £50 to £25 as it would have been if I was in the cooling off period regardless of the fact I had been a customer for many years. Obviously don’t value customers.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021
Deaglan Brady's avatar
Deaglan Brady

Total shambles

Good god what an absolutely useless company customer service zero. Phone kept hanging up. Tookn3.5 hours to cancel a policy. Never use them now fit for purpose

Reviewed on 1st September 2021
Nicola Sears's avatar
Nicola Sears

Scam artists

Having eventually reached the end of my teather with this bunch of inept crooks, I decide to pay for the privilege of leaving them. Insurance paid for in advance as usual and left midway through a month so they actually owe me money but that is not the issue. Despite charging £45 to cancel, bought on by their awful customer service, oh the irony, they managed to take £88 from my account despite only paying £15/month so in addition to their rip off cancellation fee they must believe I owe them three months installments as well. Having been on hold for over an hour, I have been promised a call back to explain the charges on two occasions but not unsuprisingly, nothing. I have explained the situation to my bank and they are dealing with the matter for me. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Reviewed on 1st September 2021
Mustardears's avatar
Mustardears

Sainsbury's (Useless) Insurance Provider

JUST HAD AN EMAIL TO TELL ME THAT MY CAR INSURANCE IS DUE FOR RENEWAL & THIS WILL BE DONE AUTOMATICALLY, THROUGH THEIR AUTO RENEWAL SYSTEM. TRIED TO CONTACT THEM, WHICH IS A WASTE OF TIME AS NO BODY ANSWERS PHONE CALLS AND YOU CANNOT EMAIL THEM. DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO USE THIS INEPT ORGANISATION

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
T.Lipinski's avatar
T.Lipinski

Impossible to contact "Customer Service" by phone. It is a total insult to the customer

Total 3 hours in 6 calls trying to get a response. Even the FAQs dont work. Do "Customer Service" even exist???????

Reviewed on 17th August 2021
j holden's avatar
j holden

Terrible customer service

Steer well clear of this company. Absolutely impossible to cancel the renewal of the policy by telephone and there are no options to cancel online. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
John Barnett's avatar
John Barnett

Sainsbury Car insurance

Absolutely impossible to get hold of them on the phone and that is the only way to contact them to stop them automatically renewing a policy! Eventually got through after holding for over 1 hour. They still renewed and took money out of credit card account in spite of asking for policy not to be renewed. Have been trying to contact them again to get this refunded, but no luck. Completely useless and would not ever recommend to anyone. Nor would I ever consider them again for any policy or banking.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
P.S's avatar
P.S

Impossible to get hold of customer service

I have been repeatedly cut off and redirected whilst trying to contact them. I was redirected by their Travel Insurance, who were very helpful, but then ended up being transferred to Esure who apparently used to underwrite them 10 years... Read more

I have been repeatedly cut off and redirected whilst trying to contact them. I was redirected by their Travel Insurance, who were very helpful, but then ended up being transferred to Esure who apparently used to underwrite them 10 years ago!
They ask you to cancel online but there is no option online for this. I am appalled by their service.

Reviewed on 13th August 2021
Thomas-William McNaught-Roberts's avatar
Thomas-William McNaught-Roberts

Terrible company.

After 3 weeks of trying to cancel my insurance I got through to new policies department again after 20 minutes. Every other department cuts you off!!! You can’t cancel on the online portal so I cancelled my DDS knowing they would eventually send me a letter. When I got through they told me it was a £50 cancellation charge so I had to pay this, albeit only had 1 month left on the policy at £42 left to pay. As told I need to pay or it will be registered on my credit file!!!I this I paid under duress and asked for a receipt for my payment and was put on hold to check!! If this could be done!!! was then left on hold for 20 minutes so I then hung up as it was clear they had left it on hold indefinitely. I am absolutely appalled at the service and would not recommend this company.

Reviewed on 10th August 2021
Alan Mccallum's avatar
Alan Mccallum

Terrible customer service

If you want to make any changes just logon to the website....unless you wish to cancel the policy, then you have to phone them, where the automated message tells you to make any changes on the website and cuts you off. I finally got through via another number who said they could not help as the policy was taken out in 2020, they then transferred me over to home insurance... who then told me they will transfer me to a car insurance agent who will give me the correct number to call car insurance... (duh). I am currently in a queue and have been on hold for 48 minutes, with period messages encouraging me to take out other insurance with Sainsburys... are you f**king joking.

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
stuart kewley's avatar
stuart kewley

Premium increased £140.

Got quoted £506 for the year, read the documents agree to make full payment for the year, then when went to card payment screen this jumped to £646. Unable to get in touch due to call wait times. Not getting my business at all

Reviewed on 2nd August 2021