Ageas: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 78 reviews, last reviewed 15th Jan 2023
40% decrease in 1 star reviews

recommend very happy with car insurance. website easy to use and pay. good costumer service. Reviewed on: 9th October 2022

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE ESPECIALLY THEIR LEGAL INSURANCE COINCIDENTLY CALLED AGEAS LAW! Tried to get me to accept £200 for my astra said “write-off”, just because they use large expensive companies to fix cars so it’s “uneconomical” which... Read more Reviewed on: 15th January 2023

About the Car Insurance

Ageas car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Ageas car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Ageas before, you too can write a short Ageas car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Review Ageas: Car Insurance now

Ageas Car Insurance reviews (78)

Tried to get me to accept £200 for my astra said “write-off”, just because they use large expensive companies to fix cars so it’s “uneconomical” which shouldn’t be the case. I’m disabled and was 59. I was disgusted had some chronic health problems was upset as I couldn’t go anywhere without my car-the bus stop is too far to walk. Due to their attitude I couldn’t cope with them for a while.They kept pestering me to accept low offers, to which I kept saying “what do you expect me to do with that? It won’t get me another car, not even an older car than I had”. Then they kept hassling me to take my car away so they could get the scrap value, but I wouldn’t let them, I told them I’d get it repaired myself. It took 3 months until I got £900-excess of £100 = £800 & I paid extra not to pay the excess! They checked my details & as I was making a claim charged me £60 to change my occupational status! At the time I 1st took out the insurance in 2015 there were not as many options, sometime between 2015 & Sept 2019 new categories had been added including “no longer working due to I’ll health or disability” which is what I would have selected if there in 2015. My nearest choices at the time included 1. Unemployed (which is usually used to describe someone who is fit enough to work, but not working and claiming benefits) 2. Retired (which usually means either over the age of retirement or retired early & living on a works pension) 3. Housewife (historically used to describe either not working due to childcare duties, or further back not working, married & supported by husband’s income). As none of those applied to me I selected my former job of either Admin Officer, or Government employee which I had been for most of my life. So their £60 fee was because their system had been updated to reflect societal changes! The then started charging me over £70 pcm insurance (my pr eg muumuus had previously been about £43 pcm) & the collision wasn’t even my fault! A young driver was speeding & crashed into me!! Reviewed on: 15th January 2023

A nightmare to deal with!

Trying to make a claim with Ageas is a soul destroying experience. I've been left without a car for 3 weeks now, I have spoken to 7 different people all of whom seem to get bits of information wrong, don't read the notes, don't know who's at fault and never update me. They just want to wash their hands of the situation and have offered well below market value for a total loss claim. Avoid at all costs. They won't even give me direct access to my claim handler which adds to the Chinese whispers aspect of my claim. Find insurance with a better underwriter, spend more on your insurance initially so you don't have to deal with the stress. I wish I did. Reviewed on: 15th December 2022
Dominic Ord's avatar
Dominic Ord

SCAMMER AND BULLY!!!

This company is a SCAM and rip off-AVOID FOR YOUR OWN SANITY. THEY WILL USE BULLYING TACTICS TO SWINDLE YOU OUT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. Took out insurance then weeks later they claim that they will have to increase my premiums because they've discover on a comparison website that I bought my car in July and not August. They requested my documents which confirmed this was indeed August. THEN, not satisfied with this, they then claim the discrepancy was to do with the year 2021 and not 2022 and so they will either cancel my policy and keep hold of my premium or I need to pay them additional premium atop the price I'd already paid for the insurance plus fees. I sought legal advice from my lawyers and the ombudsman because this company is dishonest and quite frankly fraudulent - this has caused me alot of unnecessary distress. AGEAS - dont even bother to comment with your 'sorry bla bla bla story' because I will be dragging you through the courts or to the ombudsman for harassing me if I have to. Reviewed on: 13th December 2022
NICKY's avatar
NICKY

recommend

Do you have a different Ageas product?

Ageas has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products