Monument: Savings reviews

Based on 91 reviews, last reviewed 3rd Jul 2024
50% decrease in 5 star reviews

Exellent It was incredibly easy to set up a savings account. Everything was very clear. The website and App are excellent and easy to use. They keep one inform... Read more Reviewed on: 24th May 2024
M Riley's avatar
M Riley

It’s ok until things go wrong! For the last year this bank has been great, however I made a silly mistake today and transferred into the 35day access fund instead of my instant acce... Read more Reviewed on: 3rd July 2024
Laetitia Webb's avatar
Laetitia Webb

About the Savings

Review Monument: Savings now

Monument Savings reviews (91)

It’s ok until things go wrong!

For the last year this bank has been great, however I made a silly mistake today and transferred into the 35day access fund instead of my instant access fund. It was using my Barclays Bank and saved account details. I instantly contacted Monument and informed them of my error, they basically said TOUGH LUCK and are holding my funds for 35 days. Unfortunately for me these were my self assessment tax funds and I won’t be able to access them in time so it’s a costly mistake on my part. I would normally have other funds available but we have some property transactions this month making funds transfer more complicated than usual. I have encouraged friends and family to bank with Monument but I’ll be telling them how wrong I was. I’ll be closing my accounts and my parents this week, I’ll obviously have to wait 35 days to close mine… and that can’t come soon enough. If you make an error DO NOT expect to be treated like a human being by this bank, they have a computer says no mentality. Reviewed on: 3rd July 2024
Laetitia Webb's avatar
Laetitia Webb

Exellent

It was incredibly easy to set up a savings account. Everything was very clear. The website and App are excellent and easy to use. They keep one informed quickly and in a very clear manner. All in all an excellent experience. Reviewed on: 24th May 2024
M Riley's avatar
M Riley

I am unsure about his App.

I am unsure about his App. I opened a 45-day notice account and all went well- easy to set up and use the App. However, on trying to withdraw my money I noticed there is no option/button to close the account nor nothing telling me what the daily interest is/ has be earnt. So, I could only draw out the Balance amount displayed minus the interest which stays in the account after the withdrawal? -according to a chat session. As I thought this was rather silly, I changed my interest payments from compounded to being paid into my linked account. This didn’t happen and the interest has stayed in my account. On using the chat facility again, I was told there is a technical glitch and I would have to wait 48hrs to get my money. Not impressed. The other idea of not having a log out button is plain daft- The reason is safety/security so you can’t remain logged in? All decent apps allow you to log out and then automatically log you out anyway after a period of inactivity – some of which you can set to a particular timer i.e. 2mins, 5mins etc. This App is just LAZY. This App needs a CLOSING ACCOUNT button and a LOG OUT button – it also needs to FUNCTION properly. If I have got to ring/chat to you every time I needed to do something with my money then what's the point of an App at all? Is the App working for Monument or Monument working for the App? Reviewed on: 2nd May 2024
Ady W's avatar
Ady W

App is useless.

Downloaded app told all was OK. App didn't work. Emailed Monument who responded quite quickly. The app then worked. The following day I went to make my initial deposit, the app wouldn't work. I've seen some good reviews for Monument, but from my experience they are hopeless. Reviewed on: 1st May 2024
Andrew 's avatar