ASDA Money Pet Insurance Reviews

ASDA Money offer pet insurance policies designed to help keep your beloved pet safe and sound. With pet owners understandably wanting to make sure that they choose the best pet insurnace company, Smart Money People is the place for independent ASDA Money pet insurance reviews. Our mission is to use the power of YOUR reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services. You can help us by writing your own ASDA Money pet insurance reviews to help other pet owners to find out what life as an ASDA Money pet insurace customer is really like.

ASDA Money Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Pet Insurance Reviews

Review ASDA Money's Pet Insurance now

Very Happy so Far

As soon as I got my puppy (Roxy) I took ASDA pet insurance Vital Lifetime, which offered the best cover for the premium I paid. However, you don't know how good your insurance is until you need to use it. Well, when my dog was 1.5 years old she felt ill and had to be admitted into intensive care. At the time of admission I didn't know if my insurance would cover the cost of the treatment and this caused me a lot of stress. I read online reviews of ASDA pet insurance and most people were giving them very little rating so I was convinced that ASDA will decline my claim for £1500. I have missed Roxy's buster vaccine, which was overdue by 3 months (I didn't do it on purpose. I was told by my vet that when the next vaccine is due they will inform me, which obviously didn't happen and I didn't realised). Roxy also had other visits to the vet in relation to different problems so I was thinking that ASDA will just pick up on all these things and decide not to pay as I've read on forums that insurance companies will try everything just so they don't pay out. However, ASDA paid everything in a timely manner and kept me up to date so I cannot really fault them. My renewal just came through and the increase in the premium is of about 30%, which was only about 7% in the previous year where I had no claims. However, my premium was not that high in the first place so even with the increase it's still good. So far so good.

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
Gery Nica's avatar
Gery Nica

Terrible service

My dog died unfortunately from a short illness. 3 months later still chasing the claim. Any excuse to get out of it. Never claimed in 10 years. No updates , have to ring every week that really upsets me as have to explain it all again.

Reviewed on 20th February 2020
Eblocls's avatar
Eblocls

Sneaky unauthorised auto-renewal, unhelpful service

Policy conditions say 'No further cover will be provided beyond the cancellation or expiry date of the policy. Please be aware that you need to renew your policy each year for cover to remain in force.' Renewal invite says to call them to renew. I didn't renew but they kept taking monthly payments and refused to refund when reminded that I hadn't renewed. Customer service disinterested and unhelpful.

Reviewed on 12th November 2019
James Greyson's avatar
James Greyson

Good

Good and the best review . Really good

Reviewed on 7th December 2018
Stuart Smith's avatar
Stuart Smith

Easy to start up

Easy to start up, lady on phone was very helpful in explaining what I would be covered for with my budget. Cheaper than other leading supermarket insurance, would recommend

Reviewed on 13th November 2017
Joanne redfern's avatar
Joanne redfern

Half the price of previous insurance!!!

Asda Pet insurance for our dog worked out half the price a month compared to our previous insurer!! We haven't had to use the insurance yet so can't comment on the customer service but we were happy to be saving every month!!

Reviewed on 16th July 2017
Kathryn Jones 's avatar
Kathryn Jones

Easy to claim

Claiming recently for a vets bill was very straightforward. The forms were emailed to me, and simple to do. Asda kept me updated every step of the way by text and email until the claim was processed. Very easy and very pleased.

Reviewed on 24th December 2016
Suzanne Atkins's avatar
Suzanne Atkins

Easy to get quote

My family looked into their insurance, was easy to get a price and we compared

Reviewed on 28th May 2016
Izzy Smith's avatar
Izzy Smith

Paid out quickly, genuine and helpful insurance, giving our dog another 6 years of life.

Our Labrador sadly needed several operations and had several illnesses, due to birth defects, Asda Pet Insurance was easy to sign up to via telephone and when the time came for claiming for operations, the vets could claim directly, without us having to pay and claim back via the insurance company like some. They were very caring in the time of need and paid out quickly and successfully for thousands of pounds worth of treatment. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 23rd May 2016
Danielle Spencer's avatar
Danielle Spencer

Quick and simple.

Easy to sign up for, but also easy to leave when the term ended. Never actually needed to claim on it so can't really comment on that level of the experience.

Reviewed on 7th November 2015