Axa: Travel Insurance reviews

Based on 33 reviews, last reviewed 7th Jan 2024

Hospital fees My wife was an outpatient at Sarasota Memorial Hospital whilst on holiday in the USA.In that time she was given pills,fluids and a CT scan.Total time ... Read more Reviewed on: 24th August 2023

Made Claim Jan 2023 for Stolen/Lost Bag containing P... Made Claim Jan 2023 for Stolen/Lost Bag containing Passports, Cash & Personal Items. Filing a Claim proved difficult as they continually ignored, or r... Read more Reviewed on: 7th January 2024
Ron R's avatar
Ron R

About the Travel Insurance

Do you buy travel insurance before going abroad? There are hundreds of different travel insurance policies on the market, all designed to help you stay protected while travelling...and giving you piece of mind, whether you're enjoying a sun swept beach or on an adverture-packed holiday. But with so many different policies to choose from, finding the right policy for you can be quite confusing. Reading our Axa travel insurance reviews can help you find out what other travellers have to say. You can also write your Axa travel insurance review too!

Review Axa: Travel Insurance now

Axa Travel Insurance reviews (33)

Made Claim Jan 2023 for Stolen/Lost Bag containing P...

Made Claim Jan 2023 for Stolen/Lost Bag containing Passports, Cash & Personal Items. Filing a Claim proved difficult as they continually ignored, or requested proofs already supplied, before deciding out of hand based upon policy wording & their own interpretation of such. Have contested with the Ombudsman who have found in their favour both initially & on appeal, I will escalate again before I consider action in the Small Courts. Watch this space! Reviewed on: 7th January 2024
Ron R's avatar
Ron R

Don't even bother

Don't even know where to start..had travel insurance with axa for me and my family. Unfortunately had to overstay for 3 weeks and spend that time with my son at the hospital. We've been assured by many agents ( and also insurance documents) our personal expenses are covered..plane tickets, unused hotel stay, taxi ride to and from hospital and much needed shop receipts..and you know what? At some point they stopped calling and sending emails. When we called them We've been told the claim is declined but she doesn't know why and that we need to wait for a letter about it..where is the letter?? Or even email or phone call?? Still waiting and no communication.. Reviewed on: 13th December 2023
Ksenia Kiss's avatar
Ksenia Kiss

Scam artists

Left me out of pocket and gave no help to me when my mum fell ill in lanzerote then had to get transferred to gran canaria for major operation avoid this company for travel insurance Reviewed on: 8th December 2023
Matt's avatar
Matt

STAY AWAY FROM AXA AS THEY ARE THE WORSE

Filed a straight forward claim and provided them with all the details on 3rd of July 2023. Provided them with all the paper work, invoices and everything they asked for but after 4 weeks of filing the claim, I was told i filled the wrong form online (which was filled initially on their advisors instruction) and the claim is refused and I have to fill it again. The advisor on the phone refiled it and gave me a new case number. I filed a complaint for the first claim filed and was told that they have re opened it and asked me for the same documents I already provided them. Went through everything again. Complaints team offered me £25 compensation for the inconvenience to close the complaint which i refused. Few days later, I was offered £50 but the claim or the complaint wasnt resolved so i refused. On 7th of september I received a call followed by an email confirming the acknowledgement of the complaint and informing me that they have upheld my complaint. I was offered £75 and a promise that it will be resolved within 5 working day but even today, on 21st of September, its still not resolved and none of the advisors can help either. STAY AWAY FROM AXA AS THEY ARE THE WORSE Reviewed on: 21st September 2023
Mirza Ikram's avatar
Mirza Ikram

Do you have a different Axa product?

Axa has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products