AA Travel Insurance Reviews

Do you buy travel insurance before going abroad? There are hundreds of different travel insurance policies on the market, all designed to help you stay protected while travelling...and giving you piece of mind, whether you're enjoying a sun swept beach or on an adverture-packed holiday. But with so many different policies to choose from, finding the right policy for you can be quite confusing. Reading our AA travel insurance reviews can help you find out what other travellers have to say. You can also write your AA travel insurance review too!

AA Review Insight

Channels

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review AA's Travel Insurance now

The after service is very bad.

I want to cancel my insurance but am on able to do so, they keep taking my money out of my account.

Reviewed on 10th April 2020
patricia's avatar
patricia

Easy Quotes and clear cover

It's easy to get a quote and to complete the application via the internet.... Read more

It's easy to get a quote and to complete the application via the internet.
They send you email confirmation that your cover has gone through successfully and all the details for it.
It's easy to add to your cover (such as cover for cruises or more 'dangerous' activites) as well as reducing your cover (such as excluding countries if you are going outside the EU (so need worldwide cover) but are not going to every country!).
They have a quick and easy helpline which don't put you on hold for ages and managed to sort my query within a matter of about 3-4minutes.
Not the cheapest of cover, but definitely worth the extra expense for the additional cover and ease of service! Touch wood I never have to claim though!

Reviewed on 7th September 2017
Charlotte Stephens's avatar
Charlotte Stephens

Yearly family travel insurance

We have had yearly travel insurance with the AA for a while. Good prices and easy renewal.

Reviewed on 24th July 2017
Laura Elizabeth Davies's avatar
Laura Elizabeth Davies

Great Cover Travel Insurance

My partner and I have been using the AA for our annual travel insurance for the past few years as he has breakdown cover with them - the biggest draw is that this means we don't have to pay an excess on any claims (although thankfully we haven't had to make any).

The cover is really comprehensive and, unlike some companies, they offer an additional premium to cover ash cloud/volcanoes etc which we took up for our Iceland trip for peace of mind.

The couples rate is much better than the individual one but the level of cover they offer for medical expenses and emergency assistance is excellent so if you travel at least twice a year it is worth it. It also includes trips of 2 nights or more in the UK if you have pre-booked accommodation which means you can claim for cancellation even if you aren't going abroad.

I have spoken to their staff several times and they are always helpful and friendly and on a freephone number in a British call centre.

I would definately recommend this insurance, especially if you already have breakdown cover with them.

Reviewed on 25th July 2016
Rachel H's avatar
Rachel H

Amazing!

Went online to get travel insurance right before my holiday. Could not have been easier; cheap prices for amazing protection. My documents were emailed to me before I flew and I felt safe in the hands of AA.

Reviewed on 24th December 2015