AA Home Insurance Reviews

Visit website

AA home insurance reviews can help you find out how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well does AA handle home insurance claims? Our AA home insurance reviews can help you to find out this, and much more. Have you ever had a home insurance policy with the AA? If so, please tell us about it by writing your own review below.

AA Review Insight

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review AA's Home Insurance now

Not great

Cancelled my insurance as a payment failed during covid pandemic and I was house bound. They could not be contacted to sort it out

Reviewed on 21st June 2020
EsEwerton's avatar
EsEwerton

Decent

Easy to use and set up. No issues and easy to contact

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
njd's avatar
njd

Great value

Have been with the AA for my home insurance for many years and cannot fault them. The cover is excellent and the customer service is very helpful and professional. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8th September 2019
Pam Williams's avatar
Pam Williams

Excellent customer service couldn’t ask for more

Reviewed on 6th September 2019
Curtis Cowan's avatar
Curtis Cowan

Good

Held a good policy with the aa. When the renewal was ready the helpful member of staff pointed out a huge mistake I had made on my policy that would have potentially made it void. They could have taken my money knowing full well that was the case.

Reviewed on 29th August 2019
Jenna 's avatar
Jenna

Not a lot of progress

This is my second review about a fire gutting my bungalow and the AA 5 star insurance dragging theier heels regarding the refurbishment. There has been little progress since my last review. I would not recommend the AA home insurance to anyone

Reviewed on 5th August 2019
Anne Troughton's avatar
Anne Troughton

Sounds OK till you make a claim

Fire in roof of my house started February 2019 by a careless... Read more

Fire in roof of my house started February 2019 by a careless roofer
Affected whole house. Still fixing roof now after 5 months.. just delay after delay and we are still in a rented flat. Our home is still in a terrible state of dereliction and filth still uninhabitable.
They now have the cheek to be putting our premium up although they will claim from the roofer who did the damage.
Awful company. Don't go there.
My ordeal hasn't ended and looks unlikely to soon

Reviewed on 31st July 2019
Anne Troughton's avatar
Anne Troughton

Home Contents Insurance

I have used AA for home contents insurance for 2 years. The price has been good both years and luckily I have not had to claim. I have not had to use customer service but their written communication is good and easy to understand.

Reviewed on 17th July 2019
Pamela Anne's avatar
Pamela Anne

Excellent and prompt service

When I needed to claim on my home insurance the customer service was excellent and they dealt with my claim very quickly.

Reviewed on 10th July 2019
Laura's avatar
Laura

Very easy to deal with

They allow some room for renegotiation on policy renewals. Great customer service.

Reviewed on 5th July 2019
Steve's avatar
Steve

Quick

Quick insurance was required as I realised we didn't have any and received the best deal very quickly

Reviewed on 4th July 2019
Allan Mcrae's avatar
Allan Mcrae

AA nothing but common thieves.

We have had AA Home Building Contents Ins with the AA for some years and never made a claim. Our house stood empty from Sept 2017 until Sept 2018 when we eventually sold the house and we cancelled our policy by telephone call before the sale. We then got a letter stating we were in credit on payment of £96 and would receive a refund, HOWEVER since then we have received numerous letters stating we are in breach of our agreement, and now threatened with legal action, even though we are no longer at the property and have tried to tell them on the telephone at least 6-8 times and have even posted them copies of all documents. We are sick to death with this company and I would NEVER EVER use the AA for anything again. They did exactly the same to my mother who was well into her 90`s and she was so petrified she ended up send them a cheque for far more than the policy when she tried to cancel. I will be issuing the AA with a bill for my services due to my time that is taken up trying to sort out their system with is obviously failing. Its now been 3 months and we are being bullied as our bank manager cancelled the DD during a financial meeting as we no longer used the service. They are wanting our bank details again so they can fleece us for even more money. Have asked them to post a cheque for the money they owe us t our new address, but even though we do get mail from them at a new address, they still insist on sending threatening letters to our old address, because they have not had payment in the last 3 months for a policy that has been cancelled. Its a dam rip off, and I am sick to death hearing the same old story of its a technical error. NO its not, the AA are hell bent on fleecing the public. Some are so frightened they give in and pay. Stand up to these bullies. Reporting to Ombudsman. If you want peace of mind please DO NOT USE THE AA. They are acting like common thieves.

Reviewed on 7th December 2018
Anne Hellmuth's avatar
Anne Hellmuth

Great Product & Service

With 3 weeks to my due date, I did a bit of homework online to see what alternative prices were out there for my house insurance. With this information I called The AA and we talked through the options and I managed to negotiate a saving on just over 20% on the new premiums. I am here to say it is worth haggling with your current Insurer, and The AA were most professional and keen to keep me as a long standing Client.

Reviewed on 21st September 2018
Stephen Cook's avatar
Stephen Cook

Absolutely fine

Reasonable premiums, never had a problem with them

Reviewed on 15th August 2018
smurfpunx's avatar
smurfpunx

DEAD LOSS

It is now almost 4 weeks since we made a claim for a broken lap top screen and still we have no decision as to whether our claim will be honoured. We have had to do a lot of chasing, been promised call backs which never transpire and get pillar to posted between organisation and underwriter. The staff seem very young and not well trained with little authority to make any decisions. Don't be sucked in by the price because if you do have to make a claim then you will probably, like us, be using you had paid a bit more to get a better service. Will definitely not be renewing with them or recommending to worse enemy.

Reviewed on 28th October 2017
Jennifer Zapp's avatar
Jennifer Zapp

OK there are better

Wasn't that impressed after the first year offer, continual annual increase and the first year of free breakdown was automatically applied even though I never asked, they did refund when requested.

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
Jackie Jax Roberts's avatar
Jackie Jax Roberts

AA Home insurance

Never needed to claim so I can't really comment on that. The policy seems pretty robust. They insist on putting it up by about £100 per year until I ring them and then the price goes down to just over last years price....Why oh why do they get greedy?

Reviewed on 29th September 2017
Neil Hufton's avatar
Neil Hufton

Why I stay at The AA

Yes once again I stayed with The AA. Why? Well the main reason is for the last few years the policies have got cheaper and cheaper, and with hardly any savings on changing why move? Plus any changes are easily accommodated and set up with no fuss. The AA get my vote everytime!

Reviewed on 29th September 2017
Stephen Cook's avatar
Stephen Cook

Great service and competitive pricing

Have renewed several years with the AA as unlike other insurers the premiums are kept competitive each year and don't just shoot up for no reason

Reviewed on 7th September 2017
Andrew Carr's avatar
Andrew Carr

Decent and honest

I have been with AA for over 3 years now and the price had barely increased in all that time! I still have all the cover I want for a really affordable price

Reviewed on 16th August 2017