AA Home Insurance Reviews

AA home insurance reviews can help you find out how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well does AA handle home insurance claims? Our AA home insurance reviews can help you to find out this, and much more. Have you ever had a home insurance policy with the AA? If so, please tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Good

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review AA's Home Insurance now

DO NOT USE AA Home Insurance

Appalling service, no communication, untrained rude staff, no customer focus, delays while staff go on holiday.

Reviewed on 5th July 2022
Tony Parr's avatar
Tony Parr

Is this a scam company had

Had a leak on a water stop tap .the leak caused damage to the vinyl flooring .had to be taken up as it was warped.surveyor for the aa agreed.but the claim has been declined because on the photos we sent there are some marks on the wall and the aa say th Read more

Had a leak on a water stop tap .the leak caused damage to the vinyl flooring .had to be taken up as it was warped.surveyor for the aa agreed.but the claim has been declined because on the photos we sent there are some marks on the wall and the aa say this is related to the damage these marks are not connected to the leak It seem they are looking for ways not to pay the claim.you may get cheap insurance with this company but if they don't pay for accidents that's why If I were you please go to another company .all.in all a very. Bad and costly experience

Reviewed on 16th March 2022
Roger Naven's avatar
Roger Naven

Poor is an understatement, take your money and run

We have never claimed on home insurance but unfortunately in Jan 2022, we came home to a leak in out En-suite, initially we wasn’t gonna claim but seeing to extent of the damage, we had no choice, building surveyor booked, came round, assessed the damage, Read more

We have never claimed on home insurance but unfortunately in Jan 2022, we came home to a leak in out En-suite, initially we wasn’t gonna claim but seeing to extent of the damage, we had no choice, building surveyor booked, came round, assessed the damage, told me it’s pretty bad, smell damp in both bathrooms, his little toy was beeping everything he touched, after a week or so, I called the AA to get an update, they said the family bathroom could not be validated, I was fuming, they said I would need to make a second claim, which means more delays and headache, living like this with 2 young children is not acceptable, my young daughter has cut her feet twice, entering 2 bathrooms that smell to the rafters of damp is not the most pleasant thing in the world, we are now in March and the AA have offered us peanuts compared to what the cheapest quote came in out, I am appalled by this, they say you will be contacted by them for updates which is completely untrue, every time I have called them I get updated, what we have been through and are still going through is causing so much stress, with 2 young children in the house, avoid them at all cost please, your better off getting your home insurance from your bank, in which we will do once this is resolved.

Reviewed on 9th March 2022
Ray Harvey's avatar
Ray Harvey

Avoid.

Damaged roof in the recent storms. Called home insurance. They arranged a surveyor. Day taken off work, surveyor never shows up. Called them the following day to find out what is going on. They declined roof repair and never even told me. Whilst all this Read more

Damaged roof in the recent storms. Called home insurance. They arranged a surveyor. Day taken off work, surveyor never shows up. Called them the following day to find out what is going on. They declined roof repair and never even told me. Whilst all this time roof is leaking and causing more damage. Still don't know why my roof was not covered either. Awful experience, avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 26th February 2022
Donald Brodie's avatar
Donald Brodie

Household Insurance from a household name you can't trust!!

Claim Reference number SHAA01006224: Claim made on the 15th January 2022 for water damage as shower has obviously been leaking for a number of years, damage to floor boards and bathroom support beams. Do not insure anything with The AA, the offer n Read more

Claim Reference number SHAA01006224:

Do not insure anything with The AA, the offer no insurance what so ever and will do whatever they can not to pay. You get a claim handler that you can't contact. You are asked to communicate over the portal where messages are ignored!

What sounds hard to believe is this so called insurance Company will not repair the leak but will repair the damage caused by the leak, this is written in their policy so this is fair enough, however the truth of the matter is they won't pay to repair the damage either!

As soon as their surveyor arrived I knew that he had already decided that this claim would not be paid. I have asked for his full biased report and I am unable to get this. The reason for not paying is they state that the leak must have been there for a while, pretty obvious because the beams are rotten by water damage but how would I know that until I made the claim once water came through the ceiling and I removed the shower tray to uncover the damage!

Calling your claim handler, leaving messages for her to call you is pointless. I called Friday 28th January 2022 waited over a hour for someone to answer and as soon as someone did they dropped the call.

You can of course log a complaint with them, which I did, but no one actually asks you what you are complaining about and you are told that they will be in touch in 8 weeks after looking into the complaint that they know nothing about, which I am sure will come back with they will not be paying the claim!

Everything about making a claim, getting it surveyed, approved, to resolve your house Emergancy is engineered to make sure that your claim is processed slowly, refused and when you complain they disappear!

I will continue to fight this injustice and poor customer service / relations until someone takes note and I will update this review on my progress, as this Company cannot keep on taking the publics money and leaving them stranded without any assistance or help! I hope their recovery service is a bit better that their insurance services!

Reviewed on 1st February 2022
S Dahri's avatar
S Dahri

Terrible company

I’ve been with AA a few years and never claimed. I had a burst pipe in my upstairs bathroom which caused my living room ceiling to come down. I have emergency cover yet they couldn’t get me a plumber leaving me and my small children without water for 72 h Read more

I’ve been with AA a few years and never claimed. I had a burst pipe in my upstairs bathroom which caused my living room ceiling to come down. I have emergency cover yet they couldn’t get me a plumber leaving me and my small children without water for 72 hours. When I tried to claim to have my ceiling fixed they told me I wasn’t covered due to pre existing damage. This pre existing damage (I told them about) was a small leak a few years ago that was fully repaired - so insignificant I could repair myself. I am so disappointed with the outcome of this and the very poor customer service I received. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Happy to take your money and do not provide the cover they have promised.

Reviewed on 17th November 2021
Jem's avatar
Jem

Massive price hike after first year

My insurance premium increased considerably after the introductory year, which meant it was unaffordable to pay an annual policy.

Reviewed on 5th September 2021
Craig Hopkins's avatar
Craig Hopkins

Not great

Cancelled my insurance as a payment failed during covid pandemic and I was house bound. They could not be contacted to sort it out

Reviewed on 21st June 2020
EsEwerton's avatar
EsEwerton

Decent

Easy to use and set up. No issues and easy to contact

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
njd's avatar
njd

Great value

Have been with the AA for my home insurance for many years and cannot fault them. The cover is excellent and the customer service is very helpful and professional. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8th September 2019
Pam Williams's avatar
Pam Williams

Excellent customer service couldn’t ask for more

Reviewed on 6th September 2019
Curtis Cowan's avatar
Curtis Cowan

Good

Held a good policy with the aa. When the renewal was ready the helpful member of staff pointed out a huge mistake I had made on my policy that would have potentially made it void. They could have taken my money knowing full well that was the case.

Reviewed on 29th August 2019
Jenna 's avatar
Jenna

Not a lot of progress

This is my second review about a fire gutting my bungalow and the AA 5 star insurance dragging theier heels regarding the refurbishment. There has been little progress since my last review. I would not recommend the AA home insurance to anyone

Reviewed on 5th August 2019
Anne Troughton's avatar
Anne Troughton

Sounds OK till you make a claim

Fire in roof of my house started February 2019 by a careless roofer Affected whole house. Still fixing roof now after 5 months.. just delay after delay and we are still in a rented flat. Our home is still in a terrible state of dereliction and filth stil Read more

Fire in roof of my house started February 2019 by a careless roofer
Affected whole house. Still fixing roof now after 5 months.. just delay after delay and we are still in a rented flat. Our home is still in a terrible state of dereliction and filth still uninhabitable.
They now have the cheek to be putting our premium up although they will claim from the roofer who did the damage.
Awful company. Don't go there.
My ordeal hasn't ended and looks unlikely to soon

Reviewed on 31st July 2019
Anne Troughton's avatar
Anne Troughton

Home Contents Insurance

I have used AA for home contents insurance for 2 years. The price has been good both years and luckily I have not had to claim. I have not had to use customer service but their written communication is good and easy to understand.

Reviewed on 17th July 2019
Pamela Anne's avatar
Pamela Anne

Excellent and prompt service

When I needed to claim on my home insurance the customer service was excellent and they dealt with my claim very quickly.

Reviewed on 10th July 2019
Laura's avatar
Laura

Very easy to deal with

They allow some room for renegotiation on policy renewals. Great customer service.

Reviewed on 5th July 2019
Steve's avatar
Steve

Quick

Quick insurance was required as I realised we didn't have any and received the best deal very quickly

Reviewed on 4th July 2019
Allan Mcrae's avatar
Allan Mcrae

AA nothing but common thieves.

We have had AA Home Building Contents Ins with the AA for some years and never made a claim. Our house stood empty from Sept 2017 until Sept 2018 when we eventually sold the house and we cancelled our policy by telephone call before the sale. We then got Read more

We have had AA Home Building Contents Ins with the AA for some years and never made a claim. Our house stood empty from Sept 2017 until Sept 2018 when we eventually sold the house and we cancelled our policy by telephone call before the sale. We then got a letter stating we were in credit on payment of £96 and would receive a refund, HOWEVER since then we have received numerous letters stating we are in breach of our agreement, and now threatened with legal action, even though we are no longer at the property and have tried to tell them on the telephone at least 6-8 times and have even posted them copies of all documents. We are sick to death with this company and I would NEVER EVER use the AA for anything again. They did exactly the same to my mother who was well into her 90`s and she was so petrified she ended up send them a cheque for far more than the policy when she tried to cancel. I will be issuing the AA with a bill for my services due to my time that is taken up trying to sort out their system with is obviously failing. Its now been 3 months and we are being bullied as our bank manager cancelled the DD during a financial meeting as we no longer used the service. They are wanting our bank details again so they can fleece us for even more money. Have asked them to post a cheque for the money they owe us t our new address, but even though we do get mail from them at a new address, they still insist on sending threatening letters to our old address, because they have not had payment in the last 3 months for a policy that has been cancelled. Its a dam rip off, and I am sick to death hearing the same old story of its a technical error. NO its not, the AA are hell bent on fleecing the public. Some are so frightened they give in and pay. Stand up to these bullies. Reporting to Ombudsman. If you want peace of mind please DO NOT USE THE AA. They are acting like common thieves.

Reviewed on 7th December 2018
Anne Hellmuth's avatar
Anne Hellmuth

Great Product & Service

With 3 weeks to my due date, I did a bit of homework online to see what alternative prices were out there for my house insurance. With this information I called The AA and we talked through the options and I managed to negotiate a saving on just over 20% Read more

With 3 weeks to my due date, I did a bit of homework online to see what alternative prices were out there for my house insurance. With this information I called The AA and we talked through the options and I managed to negotiate a saving on just over 20% on the new premiums. I am here to say it is worth haggling with your current Insurer, and The AA were most professional and keen to keep me as a long standing Client.

Reviewed on 21st September 2018