first direct Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

First Direct mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of First Direct mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

first direct Review Insight

Your Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Review first direct's Fixed Rate Mortgage now

Mortgage and home improvements

Both remortgaging and borrowing for home improvements, I found First Direct had the best deals, they were so easy, professional, helpful and friendly to deal with. It was like talking to a friend who anted to do right by you, yet at the same time not pushy at all ( which I hate with a passion). I have recommended to friends and family alike with positive outcomes.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Louise Dalgarno's avatar
Louise Dalgarno

Great service and product, again!

Love First Direct, easy to deal with - great attitude, focus and efficiency. Felt the 5 year fixed rate mortgage identified through the engagement process was perfect for me as it offers peace of mind knowing my monthly payment at an very competitive rate of interest. Thanks again to First Direct. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Mark's avatar
Mark

fantastic customer service

respond so quickly and effectively to all our queries. as well as having our mortgage with them we also have our current accound and savings, so handy to have all in one bank and great rates. Love this bank.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020

Great service great deals

Love that the deals are always fair and the service friendly and fast

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Carolyn Ellston's avatar
Carolyn Ellston

Flexible approach

We are able to overpay by any amount meaning we can pay off the mortgage earlier and less interest.

Reviewed on 5th February 2020
pedders's avatar
pedders

Amazing service

Great mortgage rates and helpful staff who make the process of applying for a mortgage so straight forward

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
Tracey's avatar
Tracey

excellent customer service

fabulous staff who know what they are talking about and very quick responses to all enquiries

Reviewed on 13th September 2019

First Direct Awesome

fantastic mortgage and savings advice pre and post account set-up. So accessible, friendly, professional and informative, takes the stress out of banking

Reviewed on 28th April 2019

Mortgage

Convoluted application process.

Reviewed on 30th January 2019
Muncher's avatar
Muncher

Putting customers first

Service is always outstanding with First Direct - every time I call they are only helpful. Never had a problem with their service.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2018
Wills's avatar
Wills

Excellent Customer Service

I love this company and we have our mortgage, credit cards and saving account with them. Rates are competitive but what stands out is the customer service which is extremely efficient and best I have ever received.

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
Jackie ONeill

Excellent service and quick turn around

Recently remortgaged with first direct. Brilliant customer service

Reviewed on 26th May 2018
NoreenAkhtar's avatar
NoreenAkhtar

Customer Service Awesome

Best bank I have ever dealt with for customer service, brilliant responses every time

Reviewed on 4th April 2018
Jackie ONeill

First Class Customer Service and Great Rate too!

I bank with First Direct and when looking for my first mortgage last year I did my research. I scoured the internet, got quotes from a broker and spent a lot of time looking around.....only to find that my bank had the best rate, fixed for longer than anyone else and they were great to work with during the entire process. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Reviewed on 9th February 2018
htsteynor@gmail.com's avatar
htsteynor@gmail.com

Top class service

First time buyer mortgage for me and my fiancé went smoothly from start to finish

Reviewed on 20th January 2018
James Graham's avatar
James Graham

Excellent bank

Fantastic customer service, and simple to use

Reviewed on 15th January 2018
CADykins's avatar
CADykins

Easy

I have a current account and savings account with first direct so already knew how trustworthy and personable the staff are. The mortgage staff calĺed me when they said they would, made all the information easy to understand and generally made the whole experience easy and painless.

Reviewed on 30th November 2017
Caroline Hart's avatar
Caroline Hart

Brilliant Customer Service

From the start of our mortgage 18 months ago to present 1st Direct customer service has been excellent, so much so we also have a current account and savings account with them. Best bank I have ever had.

Reviewed on 7th November 2017

Fixed mortgage

We fixed our mortgage this year and couldn't fault the customer service.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2017
Sarah prescott 's avatar
Sarah prescott

The best rates

Halifax was by far the best mortgage rate we could find for a fixed rate mortgage. We've had excellent customer service so far. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 18th July 2017