Green Flag Breakdown Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 27 reviews       Last review 5 days ago

Like many drivers, breaking down is not something we want to think about! But when it happens, You'll be thankful that you're with a good breakdown cover provider. That's were our Green Flag breakdown cover reviews come in. You can read and write YOUR Green Flag Breakdown cover reviews. We started Smart Money People to help drivers like you to find the best breakdown cover based on our honest reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Good

Green Flag Review Insight

Channels

Your Breakdown Insurance Reviews

Review Green Flag's Breakdown Insurance now

Beware they will not honour the policy

... Read more

WARNING Women with children stay clear

On the way to lapland with a small child. Clutch failed one hour from lapland ascot. Pulled over , called greenflag, only me and my young child in the car. Advised they would take us and car to one destination. Initially I said hotel but then changed my mind after ringing around garages in the area and establishing it might take 3 weeks to repair. Policy was to be taken home. Sam from collateral brought us to 'Frankly services' , she was just lovely, but couldn't offer us much help, this is the only positive to the story , thank you Sam. I asked if she could take us the Birmingham Airport to rent a car, she asked if she could but request was refused by control.
I phoned greenflag to establish if they could get me a hire car, happy to pay. They gave me a number, which shut at 1pm in Saturday. It was 4pm by now. The relay from Gloucestershire to Liverpool, could have been 2 to 4 different stops. Then they decided no they would get me a courtesy car.
The car arrived, 16 years old
-no isolfix for child seat
-Windows didn't work-fire hazard
- all seatbeats in back of car smashed beyond use, except the middle one which was one belt across the middle
-no sat nav
- no facility to charge phone despite having 3 hours by the road side
-pitch black darkness off a motorway with a small child
- had to find a hotel off the motorway and wait until morning to travel home
- 3 days later no car, no contact
-asked if car could be dropped at a particular garage , which they did . But expected me to drive banger to garage to hand over banger. I kept telling them there was no isofix , I also have a new born. All day to and fro, 18 calls when I was in a meeting.
Received a text stating they would be with me at 11:04, 12.10 nothing
Then panic and call after call.
Stated that they would put car back on the truck if I didn't come to meet them, despite dangers identified.
Text me "truck won't fit down your street" and they were now dropping car at my address!
Left car in the road by the garage .
Umpteen calls to managers , worse than useless.
Never again, green flag are appalling.
What an awful experience, no compassion or empathy for the situation. Disgraceful customer service. No support despite circumstances and offer to pay in full. They just didn't help or bother a woman with a small child stranded in darkness at the side of a motorway worst nightmare

Reviewed on 3rd December 2021
Amanda Casey's avatar
Amanda Casey

AWFUL EXPERIENCE

Worst experience! STAY... Read more

Worst experience! STAY AWAY
Worst experience!

Took me 12 hours to get from Essex to Worthing (100 miles)

Got dropped off at a services alone at night. Explained to GF I was afraid as it was 2am but they were not that bothered.

Every time I tried calling I was on hold for 50-60 minutes when I totalled my wait time up it added up to a total of almost 5 hours just on hold to speak with someone…

Just so you know……. If you need a towing service (like I did) they won’t tow you all the way home and it will take two or three drop offs….. but the drop offs won’t match up so I was told (after a 4 hour wait) that it was going to be another 4 HOURS at the service station before the next pick up was due to arrive…..

By the time I get home it will have taken me a total of 12 hours from calling GF to walking in my door…..

12 HOURS to travel a total distance of 100 miles…. Alongside 5 hours of being on hold.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! There’s reason as to why they are cheap!

Reviewed on 23rd October 2021
donnaclara2004@yahoo.com's avatar
donnaclara2004@yahoo.com

They fit the bill

Ticks all our boxes on breakdown insurance, the caravan ,car and personnel cover, What's not to like

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
Tony S's avatar
Tony S

No response when I use the app for assistance

No response when I use the app for assistance Complained to Green Flag they said they were sorry and thanked me for letting them know Waste of the time I won’t be using them ever again

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
John Jeffery's avatar
John Jeffery

Waste

Been with greenflag paying 14 quid per month for any car for 2 years. everytime I try and use it, they say vehicle too old or vehicle not covered. next I try again with all them conditions and because i bought a new car and it was not taxed, they would not recover it all though it was taxed and takes time too update on the system. at £168 per year and get nothing out of it, I feel I have been giving too a charity. I am soo pissed off and should have stuck with the AA. Do not bother with this company, WASTE OF MONEY!

Reviewed on 26th August 2020
Tony Robinson's avatar
Tony Robinson

A WASTE OF TIME & MONEY, DO NOT USE !

Been with Green Flag a number of years with a policy that covers me whatever car i am driving. As a KEY WORKER I was carrying a hospital patient going for chemotherapy treatment al Lincoln County Hospital but not in my own car when i broke down on route at Louth. called Green Flag, put on hold for about fifteen minutes then asked for the reg number of the car i was driving, gave them all the info they requested then told the car was to old for them to come out but they could offer help at a cost in excess of £100
BEEN WITH OUTFIT FOR YEARS AT OVER £14 PER MONTH, NOT ANY MORE

Reviewed on 4th July 2020
DAVID DIAMONDd's avatar
DAVID DIAMONDd

Brilliant Service .

Help was with us with in 34minutes . The recovery guy was so reassuring and helpful from Forrest Rescue .- Thank you . We are glad we are with Green Flag .

Reviewed on 23rd February 2020
Bev's avatar
Bev

Appalling service

Being stranded on the M5 a few weeks ago for 6 hours for Green Flag was enough for me to join the 4th Emergency service the next day. It was the first and last time I would ever use them

Reviewed on 25th November 2019
Mark Morris's avatar
Mark Morris

Fantastic Service!

Been a member for several years, today was the first time I have needed their help. From the initial phone call to the resolution of the problem was less than an hour! The mechanic couldn't have been more helpful and polite.

Reviewed on 13th September 2019
Maureen Parry's avatar
Maureen Parry

Greenflag don't care if you have young children

I have been with them for 5 years used first time. I had two young children and stuck on hard shoulder of the motorway. I learnt that as they want to save money they arrange for u to be driven to different services. I must have rang them 10 times! Explained had young kids they gave me wrong ETA times. I felt stranded at last service. Please dont use them the second tow guy clearly told me if you were with Aa or Rac I wpuld have towed u down. I explained this to Greenflag I was dismissed that drivers can only work certain hours although the first driver had told me he just started his shift. My 2 hrs journey home took 8 hours!!! Greenflag are appalling. I dont know whats wrong with my car as the first tow guy didnt check told me to go to a garage

Reviewed on 9th September 2019

Reviewed on 29th August 2019
Jamie Stevenson's avatar
Jamie Stevenson

left stranded

Broke down, told me my car was too old for my policy even though they had been out to it 3 weeks earlier with no mention of its age. Stranded for four hours. Avoid this company

Reviewed on 6th March 2019
Christopher Ward's avatar
Christopher Ward

expensive & have to be forced to forfil there terms

for the 3rd year they increased the price by... Read more

for the 3rd year they increased the price by 50%

after 2 poor experiences this year.

first after my partner was taken ill in the car, i had the hazard lights with headlights going for ages, they initially refuse to come to start the car stating the flat battery was self inflicted!!!

2nd event left my partner stranded with flat Tyre for 3 hours when its stated shes in very poor health.

but the 50% this is funny after all there adverts about saving you 50% when compared to AA or the RAC, As i got the price from these 34% cheaper than last years premium !!!

go save a packet and show these blighters where to get off

Reviewed on 12th October 2018
greyhat's avatar
greyhat

Don't go near Green Flag!

Stuck 150 miles from home, it was a simple problem but I did not have tools with me, they refused to come out. Lately, they spend a lot of money on advertising, don't be fooled this is the worst deal you can ever have, don't go near them!

Reviewed on 1st July 2018
Albert's avatar
Albert

Spring 2017

Always reliable and friendly! Green flag keep you updated on when they're likely to get to you and inform you of changes in real tom.

Reviewed on 5th February 2018
Ros's avatar
Ros

Fast , effective and reliable!

I love green flag! They are super duper reliable, a great price and offer fantastic renewal rates too! awesome company!

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
Emily Louise's avatar
Emily Louise

Love them

Really cheap and reliable service. Staff are friendly and informative and will do anything to help you as a customer. I would highly recommend green flag!

Reviewed on 30th September 2017
Emily Louise's avatar
Emily Louise

Help when you need it the most

Green flag have a few some questions to answer before offering you the best option of breakdown... Read more

Green flag have a few some questions to answer before offering you the best option of breakdown cover.
your policy can can cover you from your driveway to your destination and anywhere in between - UK or Europe.
Simple mistakes can also be covered at an extra nominal charge, wrong fuel and lost keys.
My cover began as a safety net for our UK holiday and I have used them ever since.

Reviewed on 31st August 2017
Cathy Morley's avatar
Cathy Morley

Great company and very reliable

I have had to use Green Flag twice in the past. They have always reached me within an hour and fixed the problem there and then. When you call they always update you as to where you are. I would recommend.

Reviewed on 7th August 2017
Sara Dunn's avatar
Sara Dunn

My husband accidentally locked himself out of the car. Green Flag attended within the hour and provided an excellent service.

Reviewed on 18th July 2017