HSBC Business Banking Reviews

Ratings based on 178 reviews       Last review 4 weeks ago

HSBC business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at HSBC is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of HSBC business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Average

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review HSBC's Business Banking now

poor customer service

Tried to open an account. Called up and was referred to online chat, online chat refers to website, start to fil in form and referes to online chat. One big circle. Foreign staff on the chat who are no help. shambles.

Reviewed on 25th May 2022
hannah's avatar
hannah

Don't trust your business accounts to HSBC

HSBC have no clue what Business banking is - there is zero customer service or relationship management. They don't really want to attract SMEs in the UK - presumably, we are too small for them - but rather than say so they just behave so badly you are fo Read more

HSBC have no clue what Business banking is - there is zero customer service or relationship management. They don't really want to attract SMEs in the UK - presumably, we are too small for them - but rather than say so they just behave so badly you are forced to go elsewhere - a bit like the teenage boy who doesn't' have the courage to break up with his girlfriend.

Reviewed on 24th May 2022
HC's avatar
HC

Embarrassing customer services

Tried to close the account after various poor experiences. Initially posted account closure form, but was told this 'never arrived' when I called to enquire why I was still getting emails. As advised, I took one into branch to ensure that they received it Read more

Tried to close the account after various poor experiences. Initially posted account closure form, but was told this 'never arrived' when I called to enquire why I was still getting emails. As advised, I took one into branch to ensure that they received it, and was promised that I was given a goodwill gesture to cover the additional months fee.
After taking the form into the branch my log in details stopped working, so I assumed that the closure was going through. I called when I still hadn't received any final statements or confirmation of closure and was told that they hadn't had any account closure form, they hadn't put the goodwill gesture onto the account so it was in debit, and that I needed to send another form and clear a £15.99 fee (which was never really explained as it doesn't add up to the monthly fees) to close the account!
Honestly embarrassing for a large bank to treat their customers this way, I agreed to pay the fee just so that I could be done with HSBC business banking after another 30 mins on the phone with them they were suddenly able to close the account over the phone (although I'll have to wait and see if it actually goes through this time...).
Much cheaper options available elsewhere. Avoid.

Reviewed on 28th April 2022
Olivia Martin's avatar
Olivia Martin

Over 1 hour being transferred around various depts to report a fraud

Trying to report possible fraudulent transactions via debit card, over 1 hour being transferred to the various department without success.

Reviewed on 20th April 2022
Alec Burden's avatar
Alec Burden

Magnificent

They are a magnificent bank, highly professional, down to earth and well recommended by myself. I am honoured to be part of HSBC

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
Charlotte's avatar
Charlotte

Embarrassing service - closure of business account

In this time and age I had to complete a PAPER document and send off to the bank's customer service team BY POST to close my business account. After 10 days HSBC had made an attempt to contact me, I wasn't able to answer the phone. I then wanted to call b Read more

In this time and age I had to complete a PAPER document and send off to the bank's customer service team BY POST to close my business account. After 10 days HSBC had made an attempt to contact me, I wasn't able to answer the phone. I then wanted to call back, unsuccessfully. I requested a call back and the whole experience went totally south from then on. I've been transferred from one team to another, the last office I've been put through turned out to shut for the day and the line went dead...I still have no idea what is the status of my bank account closure, what was the purpose of HSBC contacting me and when this will be resolved.
Chat option is just pointless. The queue is always long (approx 50 people) and no resolution provided.
Online banking and app are very limited too which means long hours spend on a phone calling customer service. Very disappointing and will never recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 28th March 2022

Making business banking difficult

I've just closed all my HSBC accounts and moved to Starling. It had become impossible to do what I needed to with a rapidly deteriorating customer service. Online banking and app clunky and limited, meaning too often then forced to phone...except I'd then Read more

I've just closed all my HSBC accounts and moved to Starling. It had become impossible to do what I needed to with a rapidly deteriorating customer service. Online banking and app clunky and limited, meaning too often then forced to phone...except I'd then be in call centre hell literally until my phone ran out of charge (and it was fully charged when I began). I can't believe that 2 years later they are still claiming their ridiculous wait time are "higher than usual due to the covid pandemic". Businesses that actually care adjusted a long time ago. On closing my account they claimed the balance back for themselves with no explanation ("account adjustment") - online chat told me I needed to phone to resolve that. I wasted 2.5 hours trying to get through to someone who could help - until yet again my phone ran out of charge. Gave it up as a lost cause - I'm trying to run a business; I can't waste hours trying to get through to an unhelpful and uncaring bank. So disappointed. I don't know what's happened to them

Reviewed on 18th March 2022
Rachel Anderson's avatar
Rachel Anderson

Exactly service

I opened online account it’s so easy and quick

Reviewed on 18th March 2022
Ibrahim 's avatar
Ibrahim

Professional bank

HSBC is an old-style professional bank.

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
Hershy's avatar
Hershy

shocking customer service

No business managers in any of their branches. Takes hours to get through to somebody on the phone and they still have no idea how their online banking works, or how to pay off credit cards linked to the same account. Looking to change my commercial accou Read more

No business managers in any of their branches. Takes hours to get through to somebody on the phone and they still have no idea how their online banking works, or how to pay off credit cards linked to the same account. Looking to change my commercial account due to the above. Avoid.

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
fabian robinson's avatar
fabian robinson

Brilliant bank

Easy to access , good customer service

Reviewed on 10th March 2022
Abid Ali's avatar
Abid Ali

No Complaints

It depends who your bank manager is when it comes down to business banking. We used to have a great one !!! I have not even spoken to the one we have now who has been our bank manager for 18 months and counting

Reviewed on 10th March 2022
Belinda Teasdake's avatar
Belinda Teasdake

The family tradition goes on using a global bank no matter what the size of the business.

I have been with HSBC since I was a child as my father, a farmer banked with them and I have continued the tradition. I set up a small one person business 10 years ago called Winnies Yorkshire Delights and before that a marketing company called Ruth Engli Read more

I have been with HSBC since I was a child as my father, a farmer banked with them and I have continued the tradition. I set up a small one person business 10 years ago called Winnies Yorkshire Delights and before that a marketing company called Ruth English creating business and they have helped me set up an account, deal with the bounceback loan and maintain an accessible online prescence on my desktop and mobile and update security regularly. I am glad to say to say i have one an award, beating much larger businesses and I am in the finals for another one in 2022

Ruth English's avatar
Ruth English

Good bank, quick responses

Good response when we needed an extended overdraft. Website normally up not much down time. Good chat help available on line

lisa spencer's avatar
lisa spencer

Appalling lack of service

HSBC used to be an excellent business bank until the lockdowns started, then the service went from excellent to extremely poor in a matter of 6 months. Not only have they closed numerous branches (my local one included) but it is now almost impossibl Read more

Not only have they closed numerous branches (my local one included) but it is now almost impossible to get through to business telephone banking by phone and, worse still, they are STILL using covid as an excuse.

This is shocking and I suspect they have used covid to make thousands of UK call centre staff and UK branch staff redundant.

They're now trying to force business customers to use live chat which is less than satisfactory and I suspect they are using overseas call centres to deal with live chat.

From being the best business bank in the UK a couple of years ago, in my opinion they are now joint worst business bank alongside Barclays.

Disgusting service and they show they don't want UK business customers.

Sue Oldfield's avatar
Sue Oldfield

The most unhelpful bank for business.

Our business has been banking with HSBC/Midland Bank for well over 80 years. We now apparently do not qualify for a business manager, and must use telephone contact - if we can wait for between 30 and 60 minutes. A first class Post Office letter of compla Read more

Our business has been banking with HSBC/Midland Bank for well over 80 years. We now apparently do not qualify for a business manager, and must use telephone contact - if we can wait for between 30 and 60 minutes. A first class Post Office letter of complaint to HSBC headquarters in mid December has received no reply.

Nick Ramsden's avatar
Nick Ramsden

Parish Council banking

Day to day transactions and business are easy but specific services for parish councils are very slow and dated. Forms need to be made available online and easy to navigate.

Kinwarton Parish Council's avatar
Kinwarton Parish Council

Great product

Good communcation .Fair pricing and products

Ceri Williams's avatar
Ceri Williams

Great bank for small business

In the 10 years I have used HSBC as our business bank, I am happy to say it has gone smoothly. The people I met or talked to always listened and took the time to assess the needs of the business and always delivered a solution. This is what we want from a Read more

In the 10 years I have used HSBC as our business bank, I am happy to say it has gone smoothly. The people I met or talked to always listened and took the time to assess the needs of the business and always delivered a solution. This is what we want from a bank: solutions adapted to the business.

Reviewed on 7th March 2022
Isabelle Gelle's avatar
Isabelle Gelle

Forward thinking and friendly

After having a business account with a different provider, we decided to switch to HSBC. We are delighted with our decision. Online business banking with HSBC is efficient, easy to navigate and professional. In addition to this, the branch staff are ex Read more

After having a business account with a different provider, we decided to switch to HSBC. We are delighted with our decision. Online business banking with HSBC is efficient, easy to navigate and professional. In addition to this, the branch staff are extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Great service and great experience.

Reviewed on 7th March 2022