HSBC: Business Banking reviews

Based on 205 reviews, last reviewed 23rd Nov 2023
100% decrease in 1 star reviews

Decent low hassle business account I run a small business with quite a low turnover. I use HSBC as it was easy to set up already having a personal account with them. Overall it has been... Read more Reviewed on: 5th June 2023
JohnThorpe's avatar
JohnThorpe

Unbelievable After of years being a loyal customer, our account was shut and OS has been freeze without informing us as a small business what’s happened there is n... Read more Reviewed on: 23rd November 2023

About the Business Banking

HSBC business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at HSBC is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of HSBC business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Review HSBC: Business Banking now

HSBC Business Banking reviews (205)

Unbelievable

After of years being a loyal customer, our account was shut and OS has been freeze without informing us as a small business what’s happened there is no help no support everything is on the verge I think we’re gonna go bankrupt because of them you couldn’t sleep in night for that. What are you doing to smoke, small businesses and family and businesses? Reviewed on: 23rd November 2023

Whatever happened to community banking?

I spent close to an hour on the HSBC online chat facility trying to organise a face-to-face meeting with a business banker to discuss the terms of my business banking facility as there has just been a major change involving my business. When eventually I was put in contact with someone who could help (I use the word 'help' in the loosest possible terms) they said the soonest I could have a meeting was in mid-August, but it could not be at my own Branch (which has just undergone a massive and no doubt expensive refit to make it more customer 'un'friendly) and so I would have to go to another branch almost 20 miles away from me. I said I could not do August because I will be away and asked for a later date. They said they could not give me one because they have not got the availability dates for beyond that yet but if I got back in contact in September (using the chat facility again) they could book me one then!!!! Whatever happened to community banking? And I have another story about my own refurbished branch when they cocked something up. When visiting the branch for the umpteenth time in person while trying to sort out their mess I asked if someone could call me when some paperwork was ready, rather than me having to keep going back to the bank to check. The answer was ‘no’ because, as I was informed… and you honestly could not make this up… 'the bank does not have a telephone anymore'. When I first opened an HSBC business account it was because they were advertising the fact they were dedicated to community banking, and to be fair, the service was absolutely fantastic. I could call in, often without an appointment, and if someone was free I could see them immediately. Oh how times have changed. Reviewed on: 19th July 2023

Decent low hassle business account

I run a small business with quite a low turnover. I use HSBC as it was easy to set up already having a personal account with them. Overall it has been a good experience although the fees have increased in the last few years Reviewed on: 5th June 2023
JohnThorpe's avatar
JohnThorpe

Negligent and humiliating

I went to HSBC Wembley High Street branch to make an international transfer which I do from time to time to pay a supplier. But instead of setting up an international transfer facility, a lady there has cancelled my online banking altogether! I discovered this the following day so I phoned HSBC customer service who took me through another process to set up the international payment facility. Still didn’t work. I found my online banking blocked and I needed to reregister and wait for a new security device to be posted to me. I could not use internet banking for ten days. For the first time in twenty years, I was unable to pay a supplier on time, losing face, integrity and trust. I was unable to download the bank statements needed for my accountant to do my tax returns. The schedule for this has passed and he had to reschedule his work as a result, putting me in an embarrassing situation. Worst of all, one of HSBC complaints officers has phoned me to apologise. She offered me a compensation of £100 then increased it to £150 as a “good will gesture”. I felt insulted and humiliated by such offer which made me feel more of a beggar than a company director. HSBC could have done better by explaining why I have had three incidences of negligence prior to this and promising not to repeat such mistakes. HSBC is no longer the respectable bank I thought it was. After 20 years, it is time to move to another bank, but not before complaining to the FSO as a first step before moving to the courts of law. Being a big bank doesn’t give them immunity from the law. Reviewed on: 12th May 2023
Bazbund's avatar
Bazbund

Do you have a different HSBC product?

HSBC has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products