Lloyds Bank Business Banking Reviews

Lloyds Bank business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at Lloyds Bank is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of Lloyds Bank business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Average

Lloyds Bank Review Insight

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review Lloyds Bank's Business Banking now

Extremely high charges, no 24 hour support

Extremely high charges, when others are free. Real person support is limited to office hours, where others are 24/7. Like most people I work during office hours so it's difficult to take time out to wait an hour on hold during my working day

Reviewed on 29th June 2021
Simon B's avatar
Simon B

Avoid it!

1 they closed my business account without telling me. ( that's another story when I was calling customer service about it when I told the lady that I am an existing customer she started to scream "don't you swear at me" Well lady.. If existing customer is a swear word for you, you really need to change your job)
2 They issued a check to my business name without asking what should they do with the balance left.
3 I needed the money urgently. Couldn't cash it in online as the amount is too big. Had to take time off from work because the branch is only open Monday to Friday till 3.30pm.
4. Still couldn't cash it in because it was issued to my business name. And they couldn't sort it in the branch I had to call them again. Took another 2 calls 1.5 hrs of my life.

Will be taking my personal account away as well..

Reviewed on 21st June 2021

Great service by Lloyds

My card was used by some scammer from Asia and cost some about 2000£ , Lloyds bank straightaway refund money . I’m happy with over all service

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Assad Kiani's avatar
Assad Kiani

very good

very good helpful no restrictive

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Rebecca Hendra's avatar
Rebecca Hendra

Business account

I applied for a business account, 4 months have passed although I submitted the documents, but still no response.

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Murat's avatar
Murat

Don't even bother

Was a good customer, customer service don't bother,online support don't bother,help don't bother, pull your trousers down they will !

Reviewed on 19th March 2021
Hugo's avatar
Hugo

a sound webshite

fairly good website. poor interest on deposits, inconsistencies in the site. staff pleasant

Reviewed on 14th March 2021
Abelljms's avatar
Abelljms

Good value for money

always good to have who are reliable and friendly and help the customer when we need financial help

Reviewed on 20th February 2021
Tim  Airey's avatar
Tim Airey

Terrible

Really terrible from start to finish. Not a good thing to say about any of the process.

Reviewed on 15th February 2021
davidwilding7@gmail.com's avatar
davidwilding7@gmail.com

Stay Away From Lloyds Bank!

Sincerely recommend you DON'T USE LLOYDS BANK!! 1. Wait for a month after opened the account to get the card. The reason was the staffs forgot to order the card. 2.Really bad service. The supporters on the phone are really impatient, hang up the phone when the signal is not good or when they don't hear you clearly. And the staffs in the brunch are really unhelpful, always ask customers to wait without giving help. 3. Locked my account without any reason after I transformed money from another bank. 4. Sent me the invalid activation code for twice. Overall, if you don't what any trouble, stay away from lloyds bank!

Reviewed on 22nd November 2020

Appalling service and lack of knowledge about anything

Kept on phone for 45 mins trying to sort out not being able to pay bills by bank transfer, spoke to 3 different people, had to go through security questions with each person and had to explain issue from scratch to each person I spoke to. Couldn’t help me and told me to go to my local branch even though it’s lockdown and I am trying to avoid going out! ‘By your side’ advert couldn’t be more wrong!

Reviewed on 17th November 2020
Claire's avatar
Claire

Fine unless you need advice!

Fine if you've got basic requirements, but no good for advice or specialist products. Haven't' been able to help with lending or insurance, when it was been relatively easy to go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 17th August 2020
Shelly 's avatar
Shelly

Terrible

Has to be the worst of the big 4. Just a Terrible unhelpful service.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Joe's avatar
Joe

Lloyds Commercial Banking

I remember when online banking started about twenty years ago. Lloyds Commercial banking website it like going back to that time. Incredibly cumbersome, appallingly designed, difficult to navigate,... Read more

I remember when online banking started about twenty years ago. Lloyds Commercial banking website it like going back to that time. Incredibly cumbersome, appallingly designed, difficult to navigate, etc.

The staff are incredibly unhelpful. Generally disinterested and will try and palm you off with another number as soon as they can, and the wait times will eat up your day.

All in all, a bad enough service to actually make me go and write a review so that others can avoid.

Reviewed on 2nd July 2020
Duncan Sibbald's avatar
Duncan Sibbald

Relationship mangers are inept and have zero business sense

... Read more

I've banked with Lloyds for business for a few years now, had terrible experiences of trying to get anything done. Their relationship manager and clients services team cannot complete the most simple of jobs. I do wonder if their Manchester office staff have some kind of drug addiction problem.

I've had enough, have quit and moved my account.

Reviewed on 27th June 2020
Grib's avatar
Grib

Won't let me transfer money between both my accounts!

I have 2 accounts and Lloyds is the worst bank. It wont allow me to transfer my own savings to my own classic account! I've had to make 3 phone calls to 3 different departments and in the end they told me I have to go to the bank and sign for it so they can transfer it. Awful service, it's my own money!

Reviewed on 30th May 2020
Sherrie White's avatar
Sherrie White

Horrendous! Do not bank with them!

They really are the most horrendous bank! We have baked with them for two years. We were outsourcing our payroll and decided to bring it in house. We recruited a finance manager and completed and sent the forms for her to have full delegate access for two of our four accounts.

The forms were received by Lloyds 9 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago we tried to set up workers but it turned out both full delegate accounts were set up as view only. I called and they checked the forms and confirmed they had been completed correctly but not setup their end properly. They explained that this would be logged with the Internet banking department and they would resolve.

1 week later... still no news and I had to call.... they apologized and 2 days later 1 account was set up correctly but the other one still wrong. I called again, they said it would be resolved.... 2 days later no news. I called again and they told me they didn't receive the form.... interesting as they were in the same envelope and previously confirmed both forms were completed properly.

At this point I logged all the issues as an official complaint. 3 days later still no news so called again.... by this point we had to pay the outsauce company to run the payroll for another week costing us £150. I was told the form was filled in wrong for the remaining account despite been assured they were both correct 2 weeks before. They said they would need to email me another form. Next day still no form... another call and they finally emailed the form. This was a complete joke as due to lockdown we now had to complete and post to each director. The good news (or so we thought), was they called and said if we email the competed form over they would change the account. So we did this and emailed over n the Friday 15th that night they called and said the copy wasn't good enough (it was completely fine but we did another copy and i told photos and resent on Saturday. Monday..... still no news, emailed again, no response, emailed again today (Tuesday)..... still no news..... another payroll missed. Dont go with this bank!! They are the worst bank I have ever dealt with. We are in the process of moving.... this is how they treat business with £5million turnover!

Reviewed on 19th May 2020
Alastair Tulloch's avatar
Alastair Tulloch

Worst bank in the UK possibly the world.

Tried so very hard to open a business account with Lloyds Bank. Spent almost six weeks and got absolutely nowhere with them. Tried calling branch. Hopeless. Mostly young inexperienced youngsters with no knowledge at all of banking or business in the real world. Had money and cheques waiting to pay in but could not get them moving. One excuse after another. No email service available. No direct lines available. No letters answered. Only call centres stuffed with equally useless people who want to get rid of you as fast as possible to hit their customer targets for the day. After forty five years experience in business banking I can honestly say this is the worst bank not only in the UK but the world. Do not touch these amateurs with a barge pole. I would not be surprised if they go bankrupt very soon as they are thoroughly useless and incompetent and would not know how to make a profit or a decent business decision if it was staring them in the face. After six weeks of trying I gave up and went to another bank who managed in four hours something Lloyds and 17 members of its staff could not manage in over a month and a half. Steer well clear of this bunch of jokers and do not trust them with anything or anything they tell you.

Reviewed on 6th May 2020
Dylan's avatar
Dylan

Bereavement

What is the point of having a shiny website and service if you phone it following your mothers death and get a person who tell you constantly you are being rude and when I made a complaint he told me I had to wait lol do yourselves a favour and bank with another I will move my account

Reviewed on 16th February 2020
Stewart O'Brien's avatar
Stewart O'Brien

Business support going downhill

I have had a personal account with Lloyds for over 30 years and our business has banked with them for over 20 years. My rating and experience relates to the business account. Once we had a personal relationship manager who visited us yearly to discuss our account and support us. A few years ago the manager was moved to central London and couldn’t practically visit us but we could phone directly and email each other. Then a couple of years ago Lloyds reorganised its business support services I think twice. This did not matter until something out of the ordinary was required and then the weakness of the new system was exposed.
My issue related to the removal of a charge over our business premises (we are selling, it needs to be removed for the sale). The charge is related to our large overdraft facility. We wished to retain a smaller facility of an unsecured amount for cash flow purposes. Simple you would have thought but no.
The only means of communicating with our Business Management Team (who appear to be located in Edinburgh and Birmingham now) seems to be by phone and by that, I mean us phoning them and waiting up to 20 minutes to be answered.
I never seem to speak to the same person twice and have never managed to speak to the team leader. Different advisors give conflicting information which is confusing
Whatever you believe that you discussed and arranged during the lengthy and sometimes confusing phone calls, is never confirmed or backed up in writing. It is difficult to retain all information given and comments made during these lengthy (maybe 40-50 minute ) calls.
Upshot for us? The charge is being removed, slowly and our entire overdraft facility has been removed without prior warning. Apparently you can’t ask them to reduce the amount. Instead you have to cancel the one and apply for another, which involves supplying the accounts (which they already have) and detailed personal financial information (which they already have) for all partners in the business before you can be considered. To late for us as we’re on the point of selling and so will put in personal funds to cover any cash flow issues.
I have gone through their formal complaints procedure. It will be interesting to see if they get back to me in the five working days that they promise…

Reviewed on 30th November 2019