Triodos Bank Personal Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 815 reviews       Last review 11 months ago

Triodos Bank now offer an ethical current account! We'd love to hear your honest feedback about this product, so why not leave your own Triodos Current Account review today? Tell us more about what makes this account different. What do you love, and what could be better.

Triodos Bank Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Personal Current Account Reviews

Review Triodos Bank's Personal Current Account now

Time to change

I have become increasingly interested to know that my money is being used ethically. I decided to open a personal account with Triodos Bank. The service received has been extremely welcoming and personal. I real feel that belong to a family.

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
RJ's avatar
RJ

A truly supportive bank

A truly supportive bank in line with my values - ethical, transparent and accountable.

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Alexandra Wax's avatar
Alexandra Wax

Ethical, transparent and modern bank

I have been banking with TRIODOS for years and not only is it ethical in all its investments but provides a brilliant and efficient service. And always transparent with fees! It’s good to know my money is benign invested in things that will change our world for good - something that can’t be said for many banks. Couldn’t recommend more!

Tom C's avatar
Tom C

Ethical and transparent

My Triodos current account is ethical in its transparency. A monthly charge is far more honest than overcharging for services that are overpriced to create the impression that running the account is “free,” which is obviously impossible. The bank’s ethical overall approach is a massive further point in its favour.

Paul Bewicke's avatar
Paul Bewicke

A bank to rely upon!

Triodos Bank are transparent, ethical, trustworthy and demonstrate a positive outlook - what more can people ask of those who look after their money?

philip selbie's avatar
philip selbie

Planet & people before profit :)

My money is used ethically - no major bank takes that stance. And if I need to call, I’m talking to real bank staff who can help there and then, not call centres.

Darren Townsend-Handscomb's avatar
Darren Townsend-Handscomb

One of the few Ethical Banks

Triodos demonstrate how it is possible to be an ethical bank by investing in sustainable projects which providing an excellent service. I regularly recommended to friends.

Peter Desmond's avatar
Peter Desmond

Clear and ethical

Superbly safe and well supported system for online banking, and answering all expectations for ethical behaviour and investments, at all levels of communities.

Fran's avatar
Fran

Brilliant account - and helping the planet

The curent account works very well, response to queries is very quick and efficient - and all the time you know the money is being used to do things of which we can be proud and will help the planet.

David Carrington's avatar
David Carrington

I'm in love with my bank - never thought I'd say that!

I've been waiting for several years for Triodos to launch a current account. I was one of the first wave of account holders and soon after opened a second current account with them to manage my household bills. I have never been disappointed. They invest ethically and transparently. They charge a small monthly account fee which means there are no hidden costs and I'm not hit with extortionate fees when I go overdrawn. They are very responsive and very helpful when I've contact customer services. The app is great which I use daily to manage my money. I couldn't be happier. I'm a Triodos Bank evangelist!

Jen Witts's avatar
Jen Witts

my money is in safe and ethical hands

I do not want what bit of money I have, to be funding weapons of war or fossil fuel.

caroline's avatar
caroline

Finally, a bank I can trust

Having been with various banks over the years, I find myself, at last, not only with a bank I can trust, but one I know that is using my money only for things which I believe it. It means a huge amount to me, and is one less worry in this complicated... Read more

Having been with various banks over the years, I find myself, at last, not only with a bank I can trust, but one I know that is using my money only for things which I believe it. It means a huge amount to me, and is one less worry in this complicated world.

Adam Weymouth's avatar
Adam Weymouth

Simple, effective, ethical

It just works, no surprises. Telephone help is excellent, but rarely needed. Providing this level of service isn't cheap, and I'd much rather pay £3 a month than know that high charges on other people's overdrawn accounts were paying for my "free banking". A breath of fresh air!

SimonB52's avatar
SimonB52

The most trusted bank

I trust this bank with my savings more than any other

Hamish's avatar
Hamish

Ethical, trustworthy, sustainable

I love that I bank with Triodos and regularly recommend them to my friends as being a bank with values I trust

Pauline Esson's avatar
Pauline Esson

Best bank ever

It's amazing to use a bank that is aiding environmental change rather than funding awful companies that cause harm to our planet. The app is easy to use. Setting up the account was super easy andquick! !

Razzl3's avatar
Razzl3

Great bank, great current account

At last! A current account from the most ethical bank on then planet. It was worth waiting for.

Cris's avatar
Cris

Amazing customer service and ethical!

Great to be able to bank with an ethical and transparent provider, and on top of that they provide excellent customer service, always with a friendly approach and the customer's best interests at heart.

Hannah McKerchar's avatar
Hannah McKerchar

Cleaning money cleaning the world.

I have valued being a customer for several years now. My current account for all my transactions is with Triodos. I have an ISA and a savings account too. I was highly impressed by the bank's Annual General Meeting which was a highly constructive and interesting day out - leading the way in making money and the world better. The ethical standards of Triodos are relatively very high. Their customer service feels personal & human. When dealing with more major transactions or there is any question their professionalism, politeness and ability is excellent. This bank is connected and cares about real economy which is not one bit about money, but about what money really represents. Glad to be a customer of a critical 'clean' industry and I trust them and bank no where else.

Fergus's avatar
Fergus

Genuine, ethical, efficient.

I've used Triodos for years because of its ethical roots. Now there's a current account which operates very well - without any of the infuriating give-aways / rewards / cheap marketing junk of high street banks' current accounts - we can all bid farewell to the greedy multi-national corporates and their sham environmental ethos. Hope Triodos really do win the award!!

Christopher Marshall's avatar