Nationwide FlexDirect Reviews

Ratings based on 160 reviews       Last review 1 hour ago

Nationwide FlexDirect reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Nationwide FlexDirect reviews to find out what life as a Nationwide customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Nationwide customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Nationwide FlexDirect reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your FlexDirect Reviews

Review Nationwide's FlexDirect now

Great Account

Love the extra's and app is very easy to use

Reviewed on 27th September 2022
Sarah Horsburgh's avatar
Sarah Horsburgh

Top building society

Easy to deal with and offer wide range of products

Reviewed on 13th September 2022
Robert Platt's avatar
Robert Platt

Best on the high street

I have been a customer of Nationwide BS for over 20 years. They have always provided great customer service, good value policies [mortgage or loans] and reliable banking.

Reviewed on 18th August 2022
Paul's avatar
Paul

Best bank

I have been with Nationwide for about twenty years and have never wished to change to anyone else. I feel they serve my best interests - financially and as an advisory service.

Reviewed on 8th July 2022
Paul Manton's avatar
Paul Manton

Worst bank I have every come across.

Weeks ago a member of their staff cancelled our debit cards by mistake. THEIR MISTAKE. Eventually, they sent the replacements but they didn't turn up, so they have now ordered some more replacement cards. This has been going on for weeks and all the ti Read more

Weeks ago a member of their staff cancelled our debit cards by mistake. THEIR MISTAKE. Eventually, they sent the replacements but they didn't turn up, so they have now ordered some more replacement cards. This has been going on for weeks and all the time we have no access to a cashpoint, we can't buy anything from a shop or anything online. Do they care? They say they are sorry but do nothing. AVOID. Their customer service is a joke.

Reviewed on 21st April 2022
Dawn Boaden's avatar
Dawn Boaden

Bad customer service

I went on the chat, and they couldn’t help me they said I had to phone in, after waiting 20 mins I got though and explained my issue they said they couldn’t help so I had to wait another 30 mins for the next department who then said they couldn’t help and Read more

I went on the chat, and they couldn’t help me they said I had to phone in, after waiting 20 mins I got though and explained my issue they said they couldn’t help so I had to wait another 30 mins for the next department who then said they couldn’t help and I have to be transferred to the team I was speaking to at the start, I told him not to transfer me so he checked with his boss and said they couldn’t help with my arranged overdraft interest as my reasoning wasn’t excepted. A very long wait for no help and no advice

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
harveygribble123@hotmail.co.uk's avatar
harveygribble123@hotmail.co.uk

Ticks all boxes

Everything is easy; security, transactions, fast pay, paying people with secure confidence. Couldn't ask for more!

Reviewed on 3rd April 2022
rjhare's avatar
rjhare

Great banking app

Our banking is now so much easier with the Nationwide FlexDirect app.

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
Richard Rose's avatar
Richard Rose

Always helpful when selecting products, easy to use

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Megan Barker's avatar
Megan Barker

Customer service at its beat

Nationwide are great! Their customer service is fabulous and any issues or enquiries are dealt with quickly and effectively

Reviewed on 21st February 2022
Nikki's avatar
Nikki

Great ethical banking

Very happy with Nationwide for my current account. Switched because of their ethical credentials. Good online banking. Nothing I can fault.

Reviewed on 1st February 2022
Jo's avatar
Jo

Efficient AND mutual

After 20 years with my previous bank, I recently switched my current account to Nationwide because I wanted to start using Open Banking to manage my money. Nationwide handled the switch perfectly, no glitches. They were fab on the phone and in bra Read more

Nationwide handled the switch perfectly, no glitches.

They were fab on the phone and in branch.

I love that you can pay in cash through a hole in the wall outside of banking hours, that’s so useful.

They were able to give me a non-contactless card so I can stick to using my phone to pay contactlessly and not worry about my debit card being misused. If I do misplace my card, I can quickly freeze it in the app without needing to cancel it till I’ve had a good look. And Apple Pay still works while the card is frozen!

I love the ‘round up’ in the Nationwide’s app so I can stick my change in a savings account. And I admire their ‘impulse saving’ idea and the way they make it so easy to do it.

I admire the fact that Nationwide have a branch in every town I visit and are committed to keeping them going.

It’s easy to see why Nationwide is the UK’s biggest mutual and why so many people bank with them. I’m glad I switched.

Reviewed on 1st February 2022
Jo Parish's avatar
Jo Parish

Great ethical banking

If you want accountability and ethical banking Nationwide offer that alongside a robust app, online banking and branches (in case you need face-to-face services or support). This bank works for you and puts your money to good use too.

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
Nicci Shepherd's avatar
Nicci Shepherd

Disconnected service

Staff in branch refuse to deal with credit cards

Reviewed on 20th January 2022
Anna f's avatar
Anna f

Mixed feelings

I like the staff, however you can't pay cheques in via the app like you can with other banks and the app always has problems. My nearest branch is quite a way so that causes me problems. Long hold times when calling, but the staff seem nice.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Caroline Pritchard's avatar
Caroline Pritchard

easy

perfectly adequate, online banking capability not as good as rivals

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
samjstead's avatar
samjstead

Failure to stick to promises.

Failure to stick to promises I switched a bank account to Nationwide on the offer of £125 switching payment. Two and a half months on still not received it, despite the complaints team stating on 1/11 that I should receive it. Catalogue of broken p Read more

Failure to stick to promises

Catalogue of broken promises to act, overly detailed explanations about why their computer system did not automatically trigger (that's their problem not mine). Promised a call back by close of business today - not received.

Pure incompetence.

Also took out mortgage with them in 2014. Catalogue of errors which led to me screaming down the phone at them on 10.30am on the morning of completion to release the money.

Quite simply an appalling building society.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2021
Andrew Rosser's avatar
Andrew Rosser

Great bank account

No charges except for overdraft Good interest earned Good customer service

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Katie smith's avatar
Katie smith

Excellent Product

Very easy to manage, always helpful and self service

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
elephant's avatar
elephant

Easy access

I like this bank account because it fits my needs

Reviewed on 14th June 2021