Ulster Bank Standard Current Account Reviews

Ulster Bank Standard Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Ulster Bank Standard Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Ulster Bank customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Ulster Bank customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Ulster Bank Standard Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Ulster Bank Review Insight

Your Standard Current Account Reviews

Review Ulster Bank's Standard Current Account now

Do not use Ulster bank!

The most incompetent bank I have ever dealt with. Failed chaps payment and jo customer service to help resolve the issue. Each team in the bank has no knowledge of what the other is trying to do so your requests go unanswered. Please avoid ulster bank

Reviewed on 6th August 2021
Music's avatar
Music

Many years of disappointment

Based on my 6 years of experience, I don't recommend them to people who would like to keep their money safe or need a competent customer... Read more

Based on my 6 years of experience, I don't recommend them to people who would like to keep their money safe or need a competent customer service.
- Criminals can easily steal thousands from your account with no consequences
- If you call the customer service with a problem for 5 times, you will get 5 completely different answers
- The information they provide is frequently misleading or false

Reviewed on 2nd July 2020
Aaron C's avatar
Aaron C

Great bank

I've had no problems with them, they are really good.

Reviewed on 26th July 2019
joey2394234's avatar
joey2394234

Customer service

One word for Ulster Bank's customer's service - Excellent!

Reviewed on 10th February 2019
LP Mulligan's avatar
LP Mulligan

In order to manage my account, I have the UB app on multiple devices. It runs smoothly and has more features than I can think to use. Everything that I would want to do on a day to day basis is at my finger tips. For more complex things that I would need to do, their website has extremely easy to navigate GUI, and due to the requirements needed to make larger payments, I am secure in the knowledge that my money is safe with them, and easily accessible to myself. As a result of the data breach with Ticket master, my card details were compromised, and before they had notified me that my details were compromised, my card was used fraudulently. The payment was stopped, I was notified that my card was used, and when I contacted them I got a replacement card. They were able to identify and stop fraud before any money was ever taken out of my account.

Reviewed on 6th February 2019
Daniel's avatar
Daniel

app

I use the app daily to make payments, balance

Reviewed on 1st February 2019
erin.moran@ulsterbank.com's avatar
erin.moran@ulsterbank.com

Ulster Bank is a good choice

Opening a current account was easy and the services the provide are convenient.

Reviewed on 30th January 2019
Aleksei Krivetskii's avatar
Aleksei Krivetskii

Ulster bank for me

Been a customer now for over 20years no hassles at all with them - apart from branch closers but many use online anyway

Reviewed on 6th January 2019
Martin 's avatar
Martin

Always been great

I've never ever had any problems with Ulster Bank and find that their knowledge of their customer (i.e. me) means that they always have my best interests at heart. They're quick of the mark if something doesn't seem right with the account but also quick to rectify any misunderstandings.

Reviewed on 26th June 2018
Laura S's avatar
Laura S

good online banking

good online services and easy to transfer money between accounts

Reviewed on 4th January 2018
Ruth Watt's avatar
Ruth Watt

Excellent customer service!

I have been an Ulster Bank customer since I was a child which I have carried into adulthood. Never had an issue. Always had excellent customer service and seamless banking.

Reviewed on 9th November 2017
Gillian Hamilton's avatar
Gillian Hamilton

Excellent customer service and responsible lending

If I have a query or complaint the staff at ulsterbank are friendly, courteous and very helpful. Always on hand with up to date information on my day to day banking questions.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017
clare saunders's avatar
clare saunders

Dreadful customer service.

Every time I have an issue it takes forever to resolve. Fed up & will be moving.

Reviewed on 19th January 2017
Jemma Wright's avatar
Jemma Wright

Very Helpful and Responsive

I have been with Ulster Bank for 6 years and could not recommend this bank enough, any issues I have ever had (which are very few) have always been dealt with with the utmost urgency and professionalism.

Reviewed on 11th January 2017
Scott McNab's avatar
Scott McNab

Great customer service

Always have experienced great customer service with Ulster Bank. Staff go above and beyond whenever there is an issue.

Reviewed on 18th December 2016
Laura Ste's avatar
Laura Ste

Easy to use app plus if your payday is a Monday, your money goes in on Saturday - result :-)

Reviewed on 20th June 2016
liane mccreanor's avatar
liane mccreanor

Never had any problems. I lost my bank card before Christmas and they had me a replacement in 2 days. Very impressed.

Reviewed on 21st April 2016
Lauzipop's avatar
Lauzipop

Great bank

Great customer service, App is easy to use .

Reviewed on 18th February 2016
Liane Mccreanor's avatar
Liane Mccreanor

Never had any problems

I lost my debit card a week before Christmas and was pretty much hysterical at this prospect. I contacted the bank and not only were they able to offer me an emergency code to get money but they promised to have the card to me within 5 working days before Christmas. Imagine my surprise when the card arrived a day and a half later. Amazing customer service.

Reviewed on 12th February 2016
Laura Ste's avatar
Laura Ste

Free

I used to bank with them as there was no monthly charge and the service was decent enough. I no longer bank with them but if I had no other choice, I wouldn't complain.

Reviewed on 24th December 2015