NatWest Basic Account Reviews

Ratings based on 675 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

NatWest Basic Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest NatWest Basic Account reviews to find out what life as a NatWest customer is really like. And remember, if you are a NatWest customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of NatWest Basic Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Your Basic Account Reviews

Review NatWest's Basic Account now

Use another bank

awful service, rude and not helpful. I've never had an issue with any other bank than NatWest.

Reviewed on 26th November 2022
Ben C's avatar
Ben C

AVOID AND MOVE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ANOTHER BANK

Natwest have blocked my accounts without giving me any information apart from leaving me a voicemail to tell me. I have spent the last 4 days calling them and I'm not getting any answers. It appears from other customers that Natwest are doing this all the Read more

Natwest have blocked my accounts without giving me any information apart from leaving me a voicemail to tell me. I have spent the last 4 days calling them and I'm not getting any answers. It appears from other customers that Natwest are doing this all the time (search Facebook and Trustpilot for more information). They do not care if they leave you without any access to your own money!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8th November 2022
tweedcl's avatar
tweedcl

Good app makes banking super easy

Natwest is a name I trust and bank with. Their banking app is really clear and easy to use and this year has had some great additional features put in place.

Reviewed on 26th September 2022
Maggles45's avatar
Maggles45

Good service in stores and online presence

Positive experience in stores, good customer service and communication to resolve difficulties

Reviewed on 17th September 2022
Natalie Peters's avatar
Natalie Peters

Fraudulent, liars, benefitting from deceased peoples accounts, lack of morals and just the worst service

If I could give this bank less than one star I would do so in a heart beat. My dreadful experience with this bank began when my Dad who held an account with NatWest passed away on the 31 July 2022. It’s now the 16th of September and this bank still has no Read more

If I could give this bank less than one star I would do so in a heart beat. My dreadful experience with this bank began when my Dad who held an account with NatWest passed away on the 31 July 2022. It’s now the 16th of September and this bank still has not transferred my dads account to me. I’m his sole next of kin, there was no Will and my dad lived in council accommodation. My dad didn’t have thousands but he had enough to pay for his funeral etc. I originally was promised that my dads funds would be transferred within two weeks; so I felt reassured that I could pay for my dads service, but two weeks went by and still no transfer, so I called into my local branch in Barnsley where I had to sit and wait for an hour before the correct department answered the call that the employee was trying to put through. When they answered the call I was told that it would be another 10 days for the funds to be transferred. Because of this my husband and I scraped together the money via credit cards and some small amount of savings we had to pay for the service. I was then told I would get the transfer on the 13th September, so I was relieved as I could pay the credit cards etc but the 13th came and still no transfer. I called the bank again and explained that I was in a tricky position and desperately needed the transfer to take place. I was told that I was never told I would get it in the 13th and pretty much called a lair. This really upset me as I was told that date and said it should be recorded. But the employee carried on calling me until she finally said She would put my case through as an urgent case and said the money would be in my account by Friday. I called the bank back on Thursday as I wanted to ensure the money would arrive, considering my past disappointments, I was then told that an urgent case takes 5 days to clear. I reiterated my position and asked to speak to someone in charge, but I was told I couldn’t speak to anyone but I was advised to carry on checking my bank. I called the bank back today Friday 16th September and I was told my dads account had been moved to closure and reassured the money would be transferred at 6PM. It’s now 8PM and no transfer has taken place and it’s a bank holiday on Monday, so I have no idea now if and when I will get the small amount of money my dad had. Let alone the sadness of this situation I’m also grieving my dad and keep having to repeat myself time and time again opens up all the emotional loss I’m feeling inside. This bank do not care for the general public, this bank is fraudulent and this bank lies: I urge anyone to seriously look at their practices when dealing with bereavement, I’m as pretty sure there are hundreds of people feeling the exact same. Do not trust this bank, please bank anywhere other than with NatWest !

Reviewed on 16th September 2022
Paula Bretherton's avatar
Paula Bretherton

If you like to spent your time on struggling with bank

Worst bank ever !!!!!!!!! Tried to open bank account online - they are saying that you should wait up to 48 hours for document validation. After 4 days ,I'm getting information - you have to wait. more 2 days !!!!! waiting for account 6 days !!!!!! Read more

After 4 days ,I'm getting information - you have to wait. more 2 days !!!!!

waiting for account 6 days !!!!!!

No escalation path -can't call them , you have only a chat - if you like a trouble - you like to fight with support team, you like to spent your time on trying to fix their issues - feel free to choose that bank

Reviewed on 8th September 2022
Pete Pete's avatar
Pete Pete

Bad customer service

Shocking customer service. Incompetent old fashioned bank

Reviewed on 10th August 2022
Haych's avatar
Haych

Worst bank, go elsewhere

Marketing stunts is all they are. Different types of accounts with "benefits" like silver, gold and platinum where you have to pay, BUT ALL FOR NOTHING. you hardly use any of the benefits but when you need something they can never, ever resolve. Empty Read more

Empty promises, shocking banking system with zero internal communication.

Deposited a cheque to a branch. Branch have a record but natwest doesn't.

A customer service team that can't serve its customer as each branch has its own system and the central system is dated.

Average bank when nothing goes wrong. But the worst bank when it goes wrong.

I will be finding an alternative bank

Reviewed on 10th August 2022
Haych's avatar
Haych

Basic banking

NatWest provide very basic backing, not much product provided.

Reviewed on 8th August 2022
Carlos's avatar
Carlos

Incompetent employee sent card to wrong address. I cant go for holiday because of this.

Awful experience. They sent my new card to wrong address. When I called them, they didn't try to do anything faster. I have to wait another 3 days. I told them I have week off and wanted to go for holiday. I cant leave because I cant buy flight ticket, pa Read more

Awful experience. They sent my new card to wrong address. When I called them, they didn't try to do anything faster. I have to wait another 3 days. I told them I have week off and wanted to go for holiday. I cant leave because I cant buy flight ticket, pay hotel. Literally nothing. Their employee Asha did mistake and I am going to suffer and lose one week from office holiday. I am going to file lawsuit. This is horrendous. Worst lazy unprofessional bank I have ever had.

Reviewed on 24th June 2022

Appalling service , incompetent staff

I spend so much time calling this bank as branches are few and far between . The age of the internet has canged things for the worse. I am closing my account and of course i will never reccomend .

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Jaws Wilson's avatar
Jaws Wilson

Great app and easy to use. Helpful staff and well informed

Reviewed on 18th May 2022
Andrew MacDonnell's avatar
Andrew MacDonnell

Never had any problems banking with Natwest, and all queries have always been resolved promptly

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Naomi Williams's avatar
Naomi Williams

Great company

Really quick and easy to contact especially on their webchat. Easily sorted out any queries I had and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Samf's avatar
Samf

Terrible service, staff do not know their jobs, and are out of touch with reality

I would rate this bank very poorly, I would advise people to avoid this bank. I contacted the Bank due to having an issue with another company, the company had broken their agreement with me and failed to provide what had been agreed upon, basically run Read more

I would rate this bank very poorly, I would advise people to avoid this bank.
I contacted the Bank due to having an issue with another company, the company had broken their agreement with me and failed to provide what had been agreed upon, basically running off with my money.
I wanted to raise a dispute with the bank, so I contacted the bank, I was originally told the bank could not deal with this go to trading standards. I was quite shocked at this, because the bank can 100% deal with this type of thing. I did contact trading standards and sent a copy of the banks reply to them. Trading standards said while they could look in to the company they could not get me my money back, that's what the bank was there for. I then contacted the bank with this reply from trading standards.
I was then told "Oh yes actually the bank do deal with this sort of thing" I was told to fill an online form out. So I did just that and had an email through saying there had been an error that the information that I had filled in was not correct. I contacted the bank the next day and explained the situation, I was told "you must have done something wrong" I knew I hadn't though, so just to satisfy the bank I again filled the form out to have the exact same results.
I phoned again the next day and explained the situation, I was finally put through to retail disputes, they filled the form in this time. I had an email that night informing me that the form could not be processed as some information was incorrect.
I phoned the bank again, for the 4th or 5th time. I was promised a call back the next day, I waited all weekend for that call back it never came.
I phoned the bank on the following Monday and asked to speak with the complaint department, they finally submitted the forms for me, they for some reason had put down the incorrect name for me when I opened the account despite filling in multiple forms and signing things and providing ID they put the wrong name down for me (I don't even know how they made this mistake)
Well eventually they asked for my evidence against the company, I provided them with the online chats, a copy of the agreement, and the company's TOS. I was then contacted by a very arrogant woman who told me that they would not be accepting my evidence as it could have been fabricated.
I have worked in Information Technology, I have taught Information Technology, I have done numerous things related to Information Technology that I cant even speak of. This woman had the audacity to sit there and try and explain to me how my evidence could have been manipulated digitally.
Ok 1 thing love this literally applies to EVERYTHING, we are literally in an age where nothing can be trusted, screen shots of emails can not be trusted because using the developer tools you can alter the context of the email before screen shooting it, things can be photoshopped, heck things can even be altered with paint. But my text documents that were text documents could be fabricated because they are TEXT DOCUMENTS, please do not make me laugh, every thing related to PC's can be fabricated.
I was basically made to feel as if I was some sort of criminal because I was using TEXT DOCUMENTS, like honestly this is such a pathetic know nothing excuse. Please educate yourselves

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
Paula Jones's avatar
Paula Jones

Caring bank

This bank listen and act on the customer needs and work to make banking an easy and safe thing to do.

Reviewed on 1st April 2022
Carol's avatar
Carol

Always there

Have been with Nat west since back in the mid 1980's when I started a new job and needed a car - they were the only high street bank happy to offer me the loan of a massive £2,500 once I had opened my account. Since then I have never had a problem, whethe Read more

Have been with Nat west since back in the mid 1980's when I started a new job and needed a car - they were the only high street bank happy to offer me the loan of a massive £2,500 once I had opened my account. Since then I have never had a problem, whether face to face at a branch or in more recent years (including COVID19) online. So easy to monitor my account and get answers to any questions I may have.

Reviewed on 1st April 2022
Stephen Cook's avatar
Stephen Cook

Always Used NatWest

Since leaving school always used NatWest. Helped me to buy houses, relocate to Germany for company and on return. Provided excellant service when I almost fell for a fraud and keep me informed along the way whiole they sorted it out. Got money back. W Read more

Since leaving school always used NatWest. Helped me to buy houses, relocate to Germany for company and on return. Provided excellant service when I almost fell for a fraud and keep me informed along the way whiole they sorted it out. Got money back. What more can I say.

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
frank doyle's avatar
frank doyle

Best bank by a mile !

Banked here for the past 55 years !

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
Lester D'Souza's avatar
Lester D'Souza

adds up

good service friendly staff nothing too much trouble.

Reviewed on 29th March 2022