NatWest Basic Account Reviews

Ratings based on 668 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

NatWest Basic Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest NatWest Basic Account reviews to find out what life as a NatWest customer is really like. And remember, if you are a NatWest customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of NatWest Basic Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Basic Account Reviews

Review NatWest's Basic Account now

Bad customer service

Shocking customer service. Incompetent old fashioned bank

Reviewed on 10th August 2022
Haych's avatar
Haych

Worst bank, go elsewhere

Marketing stunts is all they are. Different types of accounts with "benefits" like silver, gold and platinum where you have to pay, BUT ALL FOR NOTHING. you hardly use any of the benefits but when you need something they can never, ever resolve. Empty Read more

Empty promises, shocking banking system with zero internal communication.

Deposited a cheque to a branch. Branch have a record but natwest doesn't.

A customer service team that can't serve its customer as each branch has its own system and the central system is dated.

Average bank when nothing goes wrong. But the worst bank when it goes wrong.

I will be finding an alternative bank

Reviewed on 10th August 2022
Haych's avatar
Haych

Basic banking

NatWest provide very basic backing, not much product provided.

Reviewed on 8th August 2022
Carlos's avatar
Carlos

Incompetent employee sent card to wrong address. I cant go for holiday because of this.

Awful experience. They sent my new card to wrong address. When I called them, they didn't try to do anything faster. I have to wait another 3 days. I told them I have week off and wanted to go for holiday. I cant leave because I cant buy flight ticket, pa Read more

Awful experience. They sent my new card to wrong address. When I called them, they didn't try to do anything faster. I have to wait another 3 days. I told them I have week off and wanted to go for holiday. I cant leave because I cant buy flight ticket, pay hotel. Literally nothing. Their employee Asha did mistake and I am going to suffer and lose one week from office holiday. I am going to file lawsuit. This is horrendous. Worst lazy unprofessional bank I have ever had.

Reviewed on 24th June 2022

Appalling service , incompetent staff

I spend so much time calling this bank as branches are few and far between . The age of the internet has canged things for the worse. I am closing my account and of course i will never reccomend .

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Jaws Wilson's avatar
Jaws Wilson

Never had any problems banking with Natwest, and all queries have always been resolved promptly

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Naomi Williams's avatar
Naomi Williams

Great company

Really quick and easy to contact especially on their webchat. Easily sorted out any queries I had and nothing is ever too much trouble.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Samf's avatar
Samf

Terrible service, staff do not know their jobs, and are out of touch with reality

I would rate this bank very poorly, I would advise people to avoid this bank. I contacted the Bank due to having an issue with another company, the company had broken their agreement with me and failed to provide what had been agreed upon, basically run Read more

I would rate this bank very poorly, I would advise people to avoid this bank.
I contacted the Bank due to having an issue with another company, the company had broken their agreement with me and failed to provide what had been agreed upon, basically running off with my money.
I wanted to raise a dispute with the bank, so I contacted the bank, I was originally told the bank could not deal with this go to trading standards. I was quite shocked at this, because the bank can 100% deal with this type of thing. I did contact trading standards and sent a copy of the banks reply to them. Trading standards said while they could look in to the company they could not get me my money back, that's what the bank was there for. I then contacted the bank with this reply from trading standards.
I was then told "Oh yes actually the bank do deal with this sort of thing" I was told to fill an online form out. So I did just that and had an email through saying there had been an error that the information that I had filled in was not correct. I contacted the bank the next day and explained the situation, I was told "you must have done something wrong" I knew I hadn't though, so just to satisfy the bank I again filled the form out to have the exact same results.
I phoned again the next day and explained the situation, I was finally put through to retail disputes, they filled the form in this time. I had an email that night informing me that the form could not be processed as some information was incorrect.
I phoned the bank again, for the 4th or 5th time. I was promised a call back the next day, I waited all weekend for that call back it never came.
I phoned the bank on the following Monday and asked to speak with the complaint department, they finally submitted the forms for me, they for some reason had put down the incorrect name for me when I opened the account despite filling in multiple forms and signing things and providing ID they put the wrong name down for me (I don't even know how they made this mistake)
Well eventually they asked for my evidence against the company, I provided them with the online chats, a copy of the agreement, and the company's TOS. I was then contacted by a very arrogant woman who told me that they would not be accepting my evidence as it could have been fabricated.
I have worked in Information Technology, I have taught Information Technology, I have done numerous things related to Information Technology that I cant even speak of. This woman had the audacity to sit there and try and explain to me how my evidence could have been manipulated digitally.
Ok 1 thing love this literally applies to EVERYTHING, we are literally in an age where nothing can be trusted, screen shots of emails can not be trusted because using the developer tools you can alter the context of the email before screen shooting it, things can be photoshopped, heck things can even be altered with paint. But my text documents that were text documents could be fabricated because they are TEXT DOCUMENTS, please do not make me laugh, every thing related to PC's can be fabricated.
I was basically made to feel as if I was some sort of criminal because I was using TEXT DOCUMENTS, like honestly this is such a pathetic know nothing excuse. Please educate yourselves

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
Paula Jones's avatar
Paula Jones

Caring bank

This bank listen and act on the customer needs and work to make banking an easy and safe thing to do.

Reviewed on 1st April 2022
Carol's avatar
Carol

Always there

Have been with Nat west since back in the mid 1980's when I started a new job and needed a car - they were the only high street bank happy to offer me the loan of a massive £2,500 once I had opened my account. Since then I have never had a problem, whethe Read more

Have been with Nat west since back in the mid 1980's when I started a new job and needed a car - they were the only high street bank happy to offer me the loan of a massive £2,500 once I had opened my account. Since then I have never had a problem, whether face to face at a branch or in more recent years (including COVID19) online. So easy to monitor my account and get answers to any questions I may have.

Reviewed on 1st April 2022
Stephen Cook's avatar
Stephen Cook

Always Used NatWest

Since leaving school always used NatWest. Helped me to buy houses, relocate to Germany for company and on return. Provided excellant service when I almost fell for a fraud and keep me informed along the way whiole they sorted it out. Got money back. W Read more

Since leaving school always used NatWest. Helped me to buy houses, relocate to Germany for company and on return. Provided excellant service when I almost fell for a fraud and keep me informed along the way whiole they sorted it out. Got money back. What more can I say.

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
frank doyle's avatar
frank doyle

Best bank by a mile !

Banked here for the past 55 years !

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
Lester D'Souza's avatar
Lester D'Souza

adds up

good service friendly staff nothing too much trouble.

Peter Banner's avatar
Peter Banner

Good enough

I opened a joint bank account with my husband shortly after getting married. Everything was easy enough and straight forward, app all good and customer service was friendly. The only downside is we were assured that opening the account wouldn’t affect our Read more

I opened a joint bank account with my husband shortly after getting married. Everything was easy enough and straight forward, app all good and customer service was friendly. The only downside is we were assured that opening the account wouldn’t affect our credit files as we were building credit for a mortgage application. It did affect it, as they carried out searches to open the new account, which dropped our credit by several dozen points for over 3 months. Very frustrating as the advisor seemed very convincing. Perhaps she believed it wouldn’t affect it, if so, additional ongoing training should be implemented.

EdieS's avatar
EdieS

Best bank out there

Their app is super easy to use, has good security measures in place to make sure it is you transferring money. I have been with this bank since I opened my first account, love them

Phoebe 's avatar
Phoebe

Worst bank

Poor customer service, never able to get through on the phones, in bank customer service is just as poor

Reviewed on 28th March 2022
Stephen hirst's avatar
Stephen hirst

NatWest unequivocally the best

I have had the pleasure to have been banking with NatWest for around fifteen years. Their service to me has been wonderful. Their mobile banking app is the most comprehensive in terms of flexibility that I’ve ever used. I can do everything I need to do fr Read more

I have had the pleasure to have been banking with NatWest for around fifteen years. Their service to me has been wonderful. Their mobile banking app is the most comprehensive in terms of flexibility that I’ve ever used. I can do everything I need to do from the app and NatWest are continually improving and expanding the app experience. The security is top notch! On the rare occasions when I have to visit my local branch, the staff at NatWest have always given me friendly, efficient and effective service. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 25th March 2022
Kerry McCandlish's avatar
Kerry McCandlish

Mobile App - Great Features and Easy to Use

Lots of features - view / search transactions going back 12 months; Get Cash feature to withdraw cash from ATMs without a bank card; Round Ups, Deposit a cheque and many more. Screens / options intuitively set out for easy use.

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Rob Tighe's avatar
Rob Tighe

10/10!

ive been with natwest since 2012 and i cant fault them they wre really helpful the app is great just over all 10/10 service

Reviewed on 17th March 2022
HeyNow22's avatar
HeyNow22

Top bank

Excellent bank , fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 17th March 2022