Bank of Scotland Classic Account Reviews

Bank of Scotland Classic Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Bank of Scotland Classic Account reviews to find out what life as a Bank of Scotland customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Bank of Scotland customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Bank of Scotland Classic Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Classic Account Reviews

Review Bank of Scotland's Classic Account now

BoS is an easy and simple bank.

BoS provides most of the information you will ever require online via their website or app. It’s easy to check your account, make changes like adding new product, and set limits on your cards.

Reviewed on 18th July 2022
Stephen J.'s avatar
Stephen J.

GREEDY BANK THAT GIVES YOU NOTHING BUT STRESS

THE BANK THAT STEALS & MAKES MONEY OF THE DISABLED This bank has taken my money and holding onto this for two weeks, expect no customer service, make fun of the disabled, provide incorrect information, worst banking group,worst service,

Reviewed on 24th May 2022
Anon's avatar
Anon

Setting up account first impressions count

Applied for a new account filling out all details online, account was created and received card, pin and security code in post took 1 week. Tried to set up online banking. Security code doesn't work so applied for another took 1 week to arrive. Try again Read more

Applied for a new account filling out all details online, account was created and received card, pin and security code in post took 1 week. Tried to set up online banking. Security code doesn't work so applied for another took 1 week to arrive. Try again on the app and get to a step to enter memorable data, nothing telling you what format this should be in. Log on via PC eventually get past this step. Then the service tries to call you for security but apparently no phone number is linked to the account, I'm looking at it on the copy of the application form! Call customer services 20:00 Friday night, wait over 25 mins. Told to add a phone number to the account I need to be at a higher level of security and they will send out another code taking 5 days. The only positive was that the member of staff was really efficient at closing my account presumably because they have so many unhappy customers they have to do it so often.

Reviewed on 4th February 2022
David Willis's avatar
David Willis

Long term current account

I have banked with BoS since leaving school. I have always found them rock solid and reliable. Recent history has been underwhelming with product interest rates.

Reviewed on 17th January 2022
Mr Alexander Muir's avatar
Mr Alexander Muir

Love my local branch

I joined my local and of Scotland in Eastkilbride Scotland around 2 years ago and I've had such a great experience with them .all the Stafford very knowledgeable and ate always appy to help. I Ave never adana issues with myaccount or online account etc.w Read more

I joined my local and of Scotland in Eastkilbride Scotland around 2 years ago and I've had such a great experience with them .all the Stafford very knowledgeable and ate always appy to help. I Ave never adana issues with myaccount or online account etc.weeer I do phone the customer care team based in England they too are very polite & helpful so overall I
Am very happy with this bank.

Reviewed on 10th January 2022

Reviewed on 9th August 2021
Elizabeth Murdoch 's avatar
Elizabeth Murdoch

Reliable and improving

The use of face recognition has improved accessibility

Reviewed on 25th June 2021
David Wright's avatar
David Wright

very expensive overdraft

overall good but very expensive fees if you use your overdraft

Reviewed on 10th April 2021
Madeleine's avatar
Madeleine

Superb App

Really simple to use app with so many improvements over the last 18 months - excellent

Reviewed on 23rd March 2021
Robert Cochran's avatar
Robert Cochran

BoS is a first class bank.

Great bank to be with and despite being owned by the Halifax and Lloyds bank it is superior to both. very professional and I would recommend it to all my friends (and I have).

Reviewed on 4th March 2021
Alex's avatar
Alex

Poor customer service

Staff numbers continue to be cut with a focus to force customers online to less safer options and no back up support. Often the automated pay in machines fail to operate causing further stress.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Paul Maxwell's avatar
Paul Maxwell

Bank of Scotland account

Very convenient and well suited

Reviewed on 27th May 2020
Laura Macpherson's avatar
Laura Macpherson

BANK OF SCOTLAND HAVE LEFT ME AND MY FAMILY WITH NO MONEY

So I've just came back from working abroad and had dollars paid to me st the end of my contract. With all the virus stuff and now no work I called bank of scotland and explained my situation and they said yeh you can put them into your account and bring Read more

With all the virus stuff and now no work I called bank of scotland and explained my situation and they said yeh you can put them into your account and bring proof where u got them. No problem.
Next day I go to Bank Of Scotland Johnstone and wait in line 2meters apart as suggested by the middle aged blond woman. When it was my turn 15mins later she asked me how can we help you today. I explained I was here to put my dollars straight into my bank. She said I'm sorry we dont do that, I explained I had spoke to someone the day before and she said I'll have to speak to a manager please go back outside and I'll let you know. So I'm now at the front of a cue when she comes back and tells me I'm sorry we're not doing that today it's only essential transactions. I explained this is my money I need to put in the bank as I have a family of 4 she interrupts obrubtly and tells its not essential. The girl behind me says to her what's not essential about needing money in your bank at these trying times. She then yells people are dying because of this virus there's more important things....
Bank Of Scotland have yet again failed there customers HOW DARE THEY TDLL ME ITS NOT ESSENTIAL. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE YOU IT OUT, WHAT EKSE IS THERE THATS NOT ESSENTIAL. I now have all my wages in dollars and cznt buy anything. Now I'm in a worse place BECAUSE OF BANK OF SCOTLAND. THIS IS JUST THE START OF THIS IM GOING ALL THE WAY. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE USE BANK OF SCOTLAND. I later got an email from them with thd header Bank Of Scotland Here To Help Our Customers Through This Tough Time HaHa Ha Ha
#terriblebank #worsebank

Reviewed on 25th March 2020
Marc Andrew's avatar
Marc Andrew

Great Banking

Great Customer Advice service, phone banking, app banking and internet banking. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Anna 's avatar
Anna

Excellent customer service

I often go into the bank once a week to withdraw or deposit money. It is very welcoming and there is always someone on hand to give you advice. The cashiers are great with a wile for every customer!

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Carrie Docherty's avatar
Carrie Docherty

Never had an issue

Great customer service and never had an issue with them. Great bank overall

Reviewed on 5th February 2020
Jay dixon 's avatar
Jay dixon

Easy to use bank account

Bank Staff are friendly, helpful and not pushy. Bank Account is straightforward, easy to use and trouble free. All payment methods available & also has easy to use safe Internet Banklng.

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
Peter Ogg's avatar
Peter Ogg

No issues

I have been with the Bank of Scotland for many years. I have never had any problems and have always found their customer service to be excellent in branch and over the phone.

Reviewed on 18th January 2020
Kirstenmf's avatar
Kirstenmf

Best Bank

I have always thought my experience when in branch or calling has been very professional and efficient.

Reviewed on 23rd December 2019
Alyshia MacDonald's avatar
Alyshia MacDonald

Reasonable app, customer service lacking

The app is easy to use though could do with some more functionality. Unfortunately it's very difficult to get through to customer service.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019