Virgin Money Credit Cards Reviews

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Credit Cards Reviews

Review Virgin Money's Credit Cards now

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Absolutely HORRIFIC customer service from their Credit Card team. App regularly does not work and website banking is not an available feature. I was charged interest despite paying more than the minimum - so I call to enquire and get told "I dunno why that happened, we'll get someone to call you back..." Weeks later no call. I decide to pay off all remaining balance and close the card - only to get an email saying I can't close it as I still owe money and after they do close it I can still be charged interest if any company tries to charge the CLOSED card??? So I call back and sit on old for 45+ mins before giving up. Avoid at all costs. Would NEVER bank with Virgin again.

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
Laura Marinello's avatar
Laura Marinello

What customer service?!!!

If you have lots of time on your hands, then great....but I don't have the time or patience for these ridiculous waiting times. Numerous calls over 6 days, all being on hold for in excess of 90 minutes, is not my idea of good customer service. Then to be given wrong information and still not receiving the refund I'm owed due to errors made by Virgin is beyond frustrating.
Would NEVER recommend virgin money.

Reviewed on 19th September 2021
Annette Sutton's avatar
Annette Sutton

App not working again tonight and no support phone numbers open in the evening total crap service!

A total disgrace of a service and an app that's always down. No statements since May sp totally in the dark.

Reviewed on 26th August 2021
CHARLIE ELSTON's avatar
CHARLIE ELSTON

Must Be The Worst App Ever Designed For A Financial Institution

Everything was going well be able to do business online and then Virgin made the ridiculous decision to say that you can now only do business via their pathetic app. This is an app that constantly crashes, is laborious in that you have to keep entering so many details just to make a payment and now I cannot even get the app to download having to go via the app search every time. But the main problem is that Virgin are not listening to their customers and that is a disgrace. When are you going to get this mess sorted out Virgin??

Reviewed on 22nd August 2021
Bill Wilde's avatar
Bill Wilde

No one to talk too

I wanted to report my card lost and thought this would be easy. I have their app….it’s of little use. Tried calling… waited over an hour only to be disconnected. This happened twice. I have given up….and I thought losing a card was serious…apparently not.

Reviewed on 20th August 2021
Mike Strachan's avatar
Mike Strachan

Great interest free card and app

Easy application process, all online, card arrived quickly with a 20 month interest free period. App is super easy to navigate and handy to keep on top of the payments to make to most of the interest free credit. Brilliant all round.

Emma Mercer's avatar
Emma Mercer

Kept my zero interest rate

My sign on free interest period was due to end this month, out of the blue I get a mail extending it to the end of 2022. Very nice Virgin Money.

Gordon's avatar
Gordon

Good customer service

Excellent App and customer service deal with issues

Lynda Cameron's avatar
Lynda Cameron

Terrible Bank.

A very unhappy badly run Bank.... Read more

A very unhappy badly run Bank.

Problem after problem.
I’ve met friendlier bailiffs than some of their staff in branches and on the phones.

You approach them to look at moving your mortgage to them and it’s like you are an inconvenience.

You tweet their CEO and zero reply.
Just shows the contempt they have for customers.

Have now just given up on them. Current account, savings, credit card - all just moved away.

Reviewed on 28th May 2021
Darryl Matthews's avatar
Darryl Matthews

Long BT Offer

With BT offers getting shorter, it was nice to get an extended 0% deal. Not had much interaction but the Mobile App works for me (and I've seen the reviews from others).

Reviewed on 6th May 2021
Michael Harris's avatar
Michael Harris

Indifferent service arranged to suit Virgin rather than it's customers.

Dealing with Virgin fells as if it's all too much trouble for them and it's certainly too much trouble for me.... Read more

Doing it yourself as a very small provider is clearly not effective.
Use the app or receive third class service seems to be the Mantra. Latest change is to use Corona Virus as excuse to answer phones 10am to 2pm even when fraud suspected.
Card not used much now and when used only due to supplier not taking Amex BA or Swiss Miles & More.
Might I suggest the Virgin management check the 24 hour effective pleasant service provided by Amex.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
John's avatar
John

Strong Offer in a Competitive Market

I needed to get my monthly credit card payments under control and I found Virgin Money's 0% Interest offer one of the best value for money offerings available, the whole process was simple and I am very happy with their services.

Reviewed on 8th April 2021
Richard's avatar
Richard

Poor customer service

I have a credit card with Virgin and had set up a Direct Debit to pay the Minimum payment each month which have never been missed. I chose this this card as it had 0% and had transferred a balance from another card and have made no further purchases or transactions. Just before Christmas they sent me an email informing me that as I was only paying the minimum each month they would have to reduce my credit limit as they felt I couldn't control my debt and was a bad credit risk I was a little shocked at this as like I said I have never added anything except the initial balance transfer. Worried that this might be affecting my credit score I increased my payments only to receive another email a few days later saying they had increased my balance back up.

Reviewed on 19th March 2021
Kerry's avatar
Kerry

App has improved

Their app has improved and I can now control more than one credit card from the app, however, they have removed the option to manage credit card accounts from their website and I have had issues when contacting them via telephone, with problems left... Read more

Their app has improved and I can now control more than one credit card from the app, however, they have removed the option to manage credit card accounts from their website and I have had issues when contacting them via telephone, with problems left unresolved.

Reviewed on 1st March 2021
Kevin's avatar
Kevin

App Only

You can now only manage your credit card on their pathetic app as opposed to being able to do it on a website on your computer. A quite ridiculous decision in this day and age. The app is very poor, takes 10 times longer to use, and often crashes. There is literally no option to use on a computer any more. Crazy.

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
Greg Williams's avatar
Greg Williams

Account blocked

My account has been locked for 7 days!! On Friday afternoon, after trying to make a substantial transfer to buy a car, I was told to call the bank. They were unable to verify my ID over the phone, so I was told to take ID to a branch. I asked which branch is the nearest, they couldn't inform. Banks close at 2pm. So on Monday morning I visited the nearest Virgin money branch and I was told that they cannot help, I need to go to another branch Enfield or Kensington, miles away by public transport, during this pandemic, I'm over 50 with asthma. So I called them again, 6th time, every time it's 20 minutes or more waiting, I told them I don't need to make the transfer anyway, already lost my car! And I asked if I could send my ID by email, so advisor gave me the link to upload my passport, document submitted successfully 3 days ago but my account is still locked!!

Reviewed on 24th February 2021
Mark's avatar
Mark

App is pants, separate logins online and app

Having separate logins for website and app was weird, thankfully they have removed their website - however it appears some of the functionality has not been added to the app (e.g. updating address) from the website.

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
James's avatar
James

Highly recommended

Great balance transfer periods. Helped me to become debt free. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Lee Hadfield 's avatar
Lee Hadfield

When its hot.....

Virgin offer some of the best products on the market, but not all the time, if you r lucky enough to look at the right time theres no doubt you'll be better for it

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Robert Ryan's avatar
Robert Ryan

Atrocious - I just don't have words

Someone at Virgin Money decided to turn the credit card management website off which is how I have always managed my card. (whoever made this decision should be removed from their position for incompetence - whoever heard of a bank in the 21st Century without online banking/card management via a website?).

I rang to see how I could get access and to ask for my card details as I can't find the card (no card - no app access). They can't be provided over the phone and it will be 7-10 days for a new card.

I asked the question 'how do I manage my account if I don't have a smart phone?' I was told you have to ring which means sitting on hold for ages - there is no other option.

I was asked to go through extended security to order a new card - part of the security questions involved answering questions specific to the account which I don't have access to so I failed security and have been told I can't order a new card! I was transferred to a different department, (had to sit on hold for 15-20 minutes to try and go through security again), which I failed again because I was asked questions specific to the account (again). The account is now locked and I can't access it without sending (via Royal Mail - there isn't even an email option)photographic ID to ID myself (I've allowed my passport to expire as I don't see the point in renewing at the minute due to Covid), the options for ID are limited and strangely I don't have a firearms certificate. So its now effectively impossible for me to access my account.

I asked if I could close the account and was told 'no - account is locked', if you don't have the photographic ID it will have to go through a complaints procedure that takes up to 8 weeks (even then there is no guarantee the account can be accessed)

I've never heard of anything quite so ridiculous......

I also requested all of my information that Virgin Money holds on me under the data protection act (a subject access request) and the request was denied on the grounds that the account is locked - they said I can't verify who I am (my understanding is they are not allowed to do this). I pointed out the account lock is irrelevant, I'm asking for the information to be sent to my home address which is registered against my account.

Reviewed on 1st February 2021