NewDay Aqua Credit Card Reviews

Ratings based on 22 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

NewDay Aqua reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Aqua credit card. What kind of features do NewDay customers like? Find out more about the NewDay Aqua by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own NewDay Aqua reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Good

NewDay Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Aqua Credit Card Reviews

Review NewDay's Aqua Credit Card now

Rip off worse card ever

I bought two jkts from Amazon total... Read more

I bought two jkts from Amazon total £200.
both were far too small, so returned them for refund……but they do not do refunds, they place £200 credit to my account. They then took the £200 via DD and told me that’s how it works. So to get my money back I have to spend my £200 credit”……..via aAmazon which could take months. NEW DAY DO NOT DO REFUNDS …BE WARNED.

Reviewed on 10th January 2022
Jack Shaw's avatar
Jack Shaw

New Day lost £1300 payment

Avoid Amazon credit card, I paid over £1300 and received an email stating the payment was unsuccessful and no money was taken however it was taken and received by New Day. I raised the issue with them on 19th Nov and 5 days later I'm still waiting. I phoned and asked to speak to a manager on 22nd and I was told no manager was available, I asked could a manager phone me back, I was told they would, two days later I've still not received a call back. This morning, 24th November I phoned again and asked to speak to a manager. I was told they would get one however I am still on hold 30 minutes later. Customer service is appalling, they don't care that they have lost £1300 of my money.

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
Anotherone's avatar
Anotherone

Aqua God

This is my second credit card and it's absolutely good. The process issuing my credit card were so fast and the Online Account Manager is quite impressing. Thanks a lot Aqua and God Bless!

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Aurelio Reyes's avatar
Aurelio Reyes

Awful customer service

Just try closing a NewDay account and see what happens. They will say they have informed the credit reference agencies, then dont. They will say the account is closed, then continue to register it as active. Some form of bizarre punishment perhaps, but unprofessional certainly

Reviewed on 8th July 2021
MozzaP's avatar
MozzaP

Available credit

Very easy to acquire. Very high APR but if you know anything about credit it's easy not to pay it! Brilliant for getting on the credit ladder.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Benlmcc's avatar
Benlmcc

NewDay Fraud Scam ?

My wife had fraudulent charges on her Laura Ashley credit card. NewDay claim she is liable because someone had used her name and credit card details. The card payments were to a PayPal account she doesn't own with an eBay customer ID she doesn't have. It's a clear case of fraud, one that even the banks would have accepted, but NewDay have refused to take any responsibility or to return any credit she had on her card. They now claim she is in debt and could try to force her to pay up or face damage to her credit score, interest charges and debt recovery action.

We may be forced to take legal action to gain a refund. Is this the sort of company anyone wants to be dealing with ? This could happen to you. We won't go near them again.

Reviewed on 4th June 2021
ant dav's avatar
ant dav

Good service but bad interest rates

I had this credit card for spending abroad, offering no foreign currency fees. It is perfect for this! If you leave a balance at the end of the month, the interest rates are hefty though!

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
DF997's avatar
DF997

Love my credit card. I use it every month.

Reviewed on 9th November 2018
Marmipola's avatar
Marmipola

Customer service below average

Sometimes you might speak to someone who is friendly and helpful. Sometimes you might speak to someone who is friendly but hasn't a clue what they're doing. Most of the time, though, you'll speak to someone who sounds bored and couldn't give a stuff.

Reviewed on 1st June 2018
Pete's avatar
Pete

Lie and Cheat to Steal your Money

As seen in the title this company will lie and cheat to take your money. Even provided a recording of a call showing them giving false information they wont ever admit fault. There are far far better companies out there choose any of those.

Reviewed on 16th May 2018
Steriley64's avatar
Steriley64

Pathetic customer service

I got my card from Debanham... Read more

I got my card from Debanham store.
Next day on the first transaction they blocked my card without sending me any communication.
When I called then they said that they are unblocking it.Call waiting time was around an hour.
Still they did not unblock ,i called again after 2 days ,this time waiting time was even longer.One hour plus..
Again they are saying that they are unblocking but i do not know ..
Overall extremely bad experience.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2017
Vikas Atrey's avatar
Vikas Atrey

Easy to use card but account management less than perfect

Although the card itself works great and the processes behind the scenes such as regular credit limit increases are smooth the online account management seems very slow to make changes.

Reviewed on 30th June 2017
Terry's avatar
Terry

Great credit card for travel and everyday use

I really like that I can use my Aqua credit card abroad knowing that I won't incur any extra fees. The online app is great - I use it to keep track of my spending and I receive a text and email when my statement is ready.

Reviewed on 1st June 2017
Odette Carter's avatar
Odette Carter

Excellent for improving your credit score

I've had an excellent service from New day. All charges are clear and the app is really handy to keep a track of your spending and payment history

Reviewed on 30th May 2017
Jennifer Condra's avatar
Jennifer Condra

Great card

Took a coupe of weeks to arrive after acceptance but other than that I have never had a problem. I do wish my card was contactless though

Reviewed on 7th May 2017

Reviewed on 1st May 2017
Nicholas Starr's avatar
Nicholas Starr

Easy fast and fair

I have an aqua credit card and they are brilliant they offered me the largest credit limit and I get a text every month if any charges or interest will make me exceed my limit and it is done before they take it so I find them fair the whole application process is fast and payments appear on the account quicker than the others I have overall highly recommended

Reviewed on 29th April 2017
Jonathon's avatar
Jonathon

fraudsters.liars.conartists

Claim you havent paid when they know full well that you have. Keep hold your cheque so that they can charge you interest because acording to them you have missed the payment due date.total fraudsters.dont open a card with them.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017
lynne smith's avatar
lynne smith

Fraud £128 on my newday account. I have been called a liar!!!

After checking my statement, I noticed 2 transactions. 1 of £28 and the other £100 made in Peacocks in Falmouth. I had not been to Falmouth and alarm bells started ringing. Also the fact that they were rounded up figures ( not the case if you are buying in a store). After over an hour on the phone, I was told to ring back the following day. I did this and again another hour . In the meantime I had emailed them (after being told there was no email address) to be told. Newday cards (Outfit) cannot be used in Peacocks!!! Funny that as I regularly use Peacocks to buy my grandchildrens clothes. After spending the last 4 days now, numerous emails and phone calls, I have just been told by newday that I am a "Liar" as it was a chip and pin transaction. I DON'T CARE, THESE ARE NOT MY TRANSACTIONS. Right time to take legal action I think!!! Hate bad unprofessional customer service!!

Reviewed on 6th January 2017
Barrett's avatar
Barrett

No perks

The Aqua credit card, well it's ok but has no perks really

Reviewed on 30th November 2016