1st Central Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 244 reviews       Last review 1 day ago
  Visit website

1st Central car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest 1st Central car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used 1st Central before, you too can write a short 1st Central car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

1st Central Review Insight

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review 1st Central's Car Insurance now

45 MINUTES WASTED TO FIND OUT MY CLAIM WASNT COVERED

I called to report my partner's car was hit while i was driving it. No damage to my partner's car. I wanted to log the incident in case the other side (who were at fault) made a... Read more

I called to report my partner's car was hit while i was driving it. No damage to my partner's car. I wanted to log the incident in case the other side (who were at fault) made a claim.

I wanted to claim on my 3rd party entitlement. This was explained in the first 5 minutes of the call. However, full details were taken, and then at the end I am told you arent covered if the car is owned by your partner.

If this was known at the start of the call, why waste 45 minutes ?

My confidence in this insurance provider is significantly undermined.

Reviewed on 7th December 2021
D R A's avatar
D R A

Appalling company with terrible ethics!

After taking out a policy I was asked for documents to be sent to clarify information. I had made a small error when completing the info (different purchase date). They charged me an admin fee of £50 to amend this which I completely appreciate I am liable for for my small mistake. What I don't understand and find disgusting, is the fact that the premium went up significantly just because of a small change of the purchase date which makes no difference to my ability to drive/car value etc. Very disappointed!! Both myself and my partner insure with this company and definitely won't be renewing next year!! Avoid

Reviewed on 7th December 2021
Callum's avatar
Callum

a shitty company

For 45 days insured I paid 360 pounds because they have to many charges and fees...stay away of this company

Reviewed on 6th December 2021
EUGENIU GURJUI's avatar
EUGENIU GURJUI

Very bad customer service

Wished to cancel within 14 days and before insurance due to begin. Told I am eligible for a £50 arrangement fee. I will complain to the ombudsman as they need to be held accountable. It will also mean they get charged £750 for each complaint

Reviewed on 5th December 2021
Jrw's avatar
Jrw

Stealers stay away ! VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID VOID

I canceled both cars cause they increased the monthly payment , and now the request £383 cancelation fees I had already report them to FCA/FOS , they need to shut down this company its illegal

Reviewed on 2nd December 2021
George B's avatar
George B

DO NOT USE!!!

Cancelled my insurance renewal as no longer have the car and found somewhere cheaper to insure my new car. 1st central charged me £50 'arrangement fee' which is apparently for them registering your details with dvla, I questioned what exactly the deposit I paid when I took out the policy was for but the lady in the call centre couldn't tell me. It's OK though as they didn't charge me the £50 cancellation fee on this occasion. What an absolute joke! Take out an insurance policy with these and you'll have to keep it for life with hiking renewal fees or pay ridiculous amounts to cancel.
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Reviewed on 29th November 2021
Emma Dawn's avatar
Emma Dawn

Scam

Basically a scam to bring in new customers then charge them extra once you've signed... Read more

Basically a scam to bring in new customers then charge them extra once you've signed up.

I got quoted £20 a month but when I signed up they asked me to validate my policy and requested numerous documents and details to verify my details, including proof of residency in the form of a document from OVER 5 years ago.

If you don't do this by a certain deadline they hike up your premium and charge you a £50 admin fee - for something a robot clearly did automatically.

No other insurance company asks for this much information - if I did try to make a claim they'd verify my details anyway and if they were incorrect then they wouldn't pay out, so this is obviously a scam.

I've now cancelled my policy and ended up paying a £93 cancellation fee, stay away from 1st Central.

Reviewed on 26th November 2021
Jake Small's avatar
Jake Small

Second 1 star review

econd review, since it's now over a year since my claim started. Still no contact from the claims department about why the claim is still open after they paid out to me and the other party...but clearly not paid everything because the other party is now taking me to court.
1st Central have never informed me of any decision they have made to pay or not pay to the other party, which is this case they have not informed me that they refused to pay this part of the claim (confirmed in writing to me by the other party after I asked the reason for the court letters)

After multiple emails about updates on this the claims department have not responded and the person handling my claim is not available and does not return calls (as she has done for well over a year now).

So the claim is still open, they don't update at all on any part of the claim at all unless you hound them and pray they send something that makes sense (which the claims handler in question actually did so bad the last time no one else on the department could make any sense of) but it doesn't matter..

So not sure of the process at moment but Im going to be quite alot more broke having to defend for something this pitiful excuse of an insurance company is meant to deal with and inform the customer that paid in full for the insurance contract.

Anyone 5 stars you see on here are from the automated email sent out after your sign with them and is about the sign up easily process.

They are not about the utterly useless service you get, Which by the way calls are farmed out to a call center in South Africa and no one actually works for the company as they are a call center.

So genuinely please avoid the this company you will regret it.

Also for the Two faced appology that some person will return to this review about please don't say your sorry because you genuinely are not and they last time i posted a negative review about this matter someone said sorry and they want to sort this.... nothing happened, not a thing.

FPM6008961793FC - So you don't do the we can't find your details rubbish response either

Reviewed on 26th November 2021
Chris's avatar
Chris

Con artists! AVOID LIKE A PLAGUE!

DO NOT INSURE WITH THESE... Read more

DO NOT INSURE WITH THESE PEOPLE!

They offer you a competitive price on comparison sites. When you get their product they will wait for at least a month and start asking for information that NO other insurer ever bothered to ask.

Such as proof from how long you have been in the country. Conveniently for them they ask for these over a month after your cooling-off period has finished. They will go through the information with a fine comb and if you made any mistake they will use this as an excuse to charge you £50.00 for the privilege and will increase your premium! Check the reviews on Trustpilot ( ignore the obviously fake ones) and google reviews.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! .

A

Reviewed on 25th November 2021
Gcmarcal's avatar
Gcmarcal

just thieves

Money taken out of my acc without my knowledge, no emails, no phone calls. 75£ two months after taking car insurance. outrages ... Read more

Money taken out of my acc without my knowledge, no emails, no phone calls. 75£ two months after taking car insurance. outrages !
phoned to cancel the insurance as don't want to be with company that steals customer's money and I have been charged 150£ extra!!
Arrangement fee £50.00
Admin fee (for making changes during the year) £50.00
Cancellation fee £50.00
never again with this micky mouse comp

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
Wojttek P.'s avatar
Wojttek P.

Avoid this company

I have opened the policy with them few month later they asked me for some documents, One of the documents they asked me for is to provide a letter dated all the way back in 2016 or earlier!!... Read more

Who TF on earth would keep a letter for that long , why would you ?
I have managed to find it but they said they don’t accept it . It was NHS they say they will but no !
So i am now waiting for them to cancel my policy.

Just try to stay away from those people as far as you can !!

Unprofessional customer service!!

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
azad alikhani's avatar
azad alikhani

Scammers

Same as everyone else....asked to provide extra info 2 weeks after insuring....price then went up £63. Absolute joke of a company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Rebecca Braggins's avatar
Rebecca Braggins

Fees for charging fees

I tried to add my partner to my policy online and change address of the policy. I could only select one change at a time and when I got an extortionate quote for changing address I could no longer request any changes to the policy and either had to pay the money or they would cancel my policy. Anyway found a much cheaper quote elsewhere even with the £50 cancellation fee. When I cancelled the policy I was also charged an additional £25 arrangement fee for them to cancel the policy and charge me the £50 cancellation fee!!

Adam Ironside's avatar
Adam Ironside

scammers

they charged me £382 cancelation fees , proper stealers

George B's avatar
George B

Very rude customer service

They are scammers. Called to cancel insurance. 6 months later they are still taking money off my account. The most rudest customer service I ever dealt with

Reviewed on 13th November 2021
Gooddeed's avatar
Gooddeed

worst horrible car insurance ,zero star

This 1st central is the 1st car insurance that I’ve been that I had a worst horrible experience,this insurance company is the 1st insurance asking to provide or photocopy my driving license,no claim bonus & dvla check,as I’m too busy I have a 5yo daughter & working I don’t even have a time to check my email & didn’t submit this documents there asking,so this horrible scam insurance automatically changed my policy and put my monthly payment from 28£ into 50£ ..so I rather to cancelled my insurance to them rather to insured my car to them,they really makes me really angry as no car insurance asking you to provide all this documents there asking and automatically changed your policy and increase your monthly payment,that’s why they called 1ST CENTRAL AS it’s A FIRST CAR INSURANCE THAT AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED YOUR POLICY WITH 50£ admin FEE,when I cancelled my POLICY WITH THIS HORRIBLE INSURANCE THEY CHARGED MY 100£ ,cancellation fee plus my monthly installation charged etch there’s loads of hidden chargers,IF YOU READING THIS YOU NEED TO THINK BILLION TIMES BEFORE YOU INSURED YOUR CAR AS THIS 1ST CENTRAL IS THE 1ST CAR INSURANCE THAT TOTALLY RIFF OFF,YOU WILL LIST A LOT MONEY..THEY TOOK ALREADY TOO EARLY 50£ MY MONTHLY PAYMENT AND THE GAY CUSTOMER SERVICE I SPOKEN THEY WILL REFUND WITH IN 10DAYS,HIW HORRIBLE WORST DISQUSTING SCAM RIFF OFF THIS CAR INSURANCE..

Lizle Namoca's avatar
Lizle Namoca

worst horrible car insurance ,zero star

Lizle Namoca's avatar
Lizle Namoca

Wriggle out of a claim

Insurance taken out in 2020 psd policy that included going to from work as... Read more

Insurance taken out in 2020 psd policy that included going to from work as standard.
Try make claim in 2021 get told psd policy no longer allows you to drive to from work.. But poli8taken out in 2020 new rule came in April 2021 .. So there for there taking money under false promise and description.
Steer well clear

ady t's avatar
ady t

Total Scammers

I should have read the reviews first ay! Went from £26 to £45 a month in heartbeat just for moving house. When I cancelled as got a much better deal elsewhere, hit with £180 fee. Their website says £50 to cancel. Avoid this company like the plague.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2021
Debbie Buckley's avatar
Debbie Buckley

Bunch of scam artists

Tried to change my address via the website but it quoted me £450 to do so, so I called them up to change it instead (netting myself a sweet £50 admin charge at the same time), they charged me £320 to just change my address. I said would I be able to cancel my policy and get a refund and they offered me 30% of what I actually paid back - I’ve only had the policy for 4 months. They tried to justify this by saying it’s towards separate fees, £50 admin fee, £100 cancellation fee etc.
Bottom line is never use this company, and as soon as my year is up with them I will be running in the complete opposite direction. This is the first time I have left a review for any company at all but this has just enraged me to the point I had to make one. They lure you in with their cheap premiums and then whenever you need to change any minuscule detail it feels like you’ve been hit with a bill at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Reviewed on 3rd November 2021