Churchill Insurance Home Insurance Reviews

Churchill home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Churchill handle your home insurance claim? Our Churchill home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Churchill? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Churchill Insurance's Home Insurance now

No fuss payout

We got a bike stolen off a car rack in broard daylight. It was not itemised on out insurance but they paid up the maximum for an un-itemised bike without a fuss

Reviewed on 10th October 2022
Sarah Anderson 's avatar
Sarah Anderson

Stable pricing

Many years with this company. Fair price increases and appear to be competitive.

Reviewed on 9th October 2022
Monica Hoare's avatar
Monica Hoare

the most corrupt liar cheater and money grabber people please beawre of and believe me dont ever insured with thid cheater otherwise you will regret it we disabled suffered 4 months and were not help

the liar cheater money grabber insurance penny neil money grabber CEO shame on them

Reviewed on 8th September 2022
savita sehdev's avatar
savita sehdev

Would I recommend Churchill Insurance? Ohh, yesss!

We’ve been using Churchill for our contents insurance for the last three years. Not only are they by far the most competitively priced on the market, but the customer service we have received when we needed to notify them of changes (like when we got CCTV Read more

We’ve been using Churchill for our contents insurance for the last three years. Not only are they by far the most competitively priced on the market, but the customer service we have received when we needed to notify them of changes (like when we got CCTV fitted, or upgraded our alarm system) was excellent. Their staff are knowledgeable, polite and helpful. We have recommended them to several family members and friends already who have all been very pleased with their cover, policy price and service received.

Reviewed on 16th August 2022
amelialittle's avatar
amelialittle

Terrible service

Utter usless! Claimed for a damaged tablet and 2 months, still waiting for a solution. They expect for someone to be at home all day on a given day, no evenings or weekends for collection of item. Basically loose a day of work for that!!

Reviewed on 27th July 2022
L Zanchi's avatar
L Zanchi

No one answers the phone for Home insurance renewal.

Waited over 30minutes and gave up. Called back the next day and still the same. No one answers. jsut automated message. What is going on? Premium up by 38%! stupidly crazy. confused gave me 30% cheaper price than what their renewal was- so cancelled Read more

Waited over 30minutes and gave up. Called back the next day and still the same. No one answers. jsut automated message. What is going on? Premium up by 38%! stupidly crazy. confused gave me 30% cheaper price than what their renewal was- so cancelled and re-done online. Not happy. Poor service.

Reviewed on 22nd July 2022
S.Mulla's avatar
S.Mulla

churcill home insurance is the most liar/cheater insurance on the planet

very bad experience still waiting for the job to be completed by Churchill I reported on 15th April 2022 Pennyjames and Neilchurchill so called ceo are hiding when customer claims both of them are interested only in grabing people's money. I shall not let Read more

very bad experience still waiting for the job to be completed by Churchill I reported on 15th April 2022 Pennyjames and Neilchurchill so called ceo are hiding when customer claims both of them are interested only in grabing people's money. I shall not let them get away with our hard earning money no way. this is a disabled home and they give us so much stress and harrassment. Penny james if you are not capable to provide the service then refund our money because I shall not let you Pennyjames to get away with my money and hiding so refund our money. the most liar/cheater insirance I have come across. I will spread this in the whole community to make them aware...

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
savita sehdev's avatar
savita sehdev

Appalling service

Impossible to get an answer on any of the supposedly 'customer care' lines. Do not under any circumstances purchase a policy from this company unless you are prepared to commit to them for life!

Reviewed on 9th June 2022
Andrew W's avatar
Andrew W

MY WORST EXPERIENCE EVER WITH AN INSURANCE COMPANY

My home insurance renewal quote was 35% up on the previous year and there was absolutely no coming or going with the agent. I have never had a claim in 60 years so this rather goes against what the ombudsman says about customer protection. The result is t Read more

My home insurance renewal quote was 35% up on the previous year and there was absolutely no coming or going with the agent. I have never had a claim in 60 years so this rather goes against what the ombudsman says about customer protection. The result is that despite having insured home and family cars with Churchill I will never use the company again.

Reviewed on 14th May 2022
Brian Stewart's avatar
Brian Stewart

Appalling

Renewal letter received 4 days before renewal date and premium increased by approx 350%. Eventually got an apology but nothing else and they still wanted their massively increased commission. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 4th May 2022
Phil Earland's avatar
Phil Earland

waiting time

35 minute waiting time to renew policy to be told someone will be with you very shortly every 3minutes is so bloody infuriating no doubt this angry customer will be treated with the same contempt.

Reviewed on 16th March 2022
william pryde's avatar
william pryde

Completely let down by Churchills

Churchills don’t even deserve one star. Having had a roof tile dislodged during Storm Dudley I put in a claim for repair. However Churchills just accepted a report from one of their assessors that wear and tear was to blame. The report was based on photog Read more

Churchills don’t even deserve one star. Having had a roof tile dislodged during Storm Dudley I put in a claim for repair. However Churchills just accepted a report from one of their assessors that wear and tear was to blame. The report was based on photographs only; no-one went up on the roof and yet 'nail fatigue' was mentioned as a possible cause. I asked them what was more likely: a tile that has been in situ for years suddenly fails due to wear and tear during a severe storm, or that storm winds might have dislodged it? No answer. Just fobbed off with repeated references to the assessor’s report. My questions and points to them were not even addressed. Just ignored. And my only recourse now is the Financial Ombudsman. This would take months. Churchills know this. I have no option other than to get the roof repaired. They win. Of course. I will not be using this company ever again. The worst kind of insurance experience. Terrible service.

Reviewed on 8th March 2022
Roy Sainsbury's avatar
Roy Sainsbury

Since Christmas I have a leak

Have been trying to get someone to fix a leak since Christmas. No luck they pass you to Sedgwick who are based in Glasgow and still today no result.

Reviewed on 22nd February 2022
Parmjeet Kaur's avatar
Parmjeet Kaur

Renew home insurance

I was going to renew our home insurance but could not get through. No email address provided spent 25 minutes on the phone waiting to speak to someone. Will not recommend

Reviewed on 10th February 2022
Mark Spencer's avatar
Mark Spencer

poor

cant contact them and they have messed up details on my car

Reviewed on 17th December 2021
mike mills's avatar
mike mills

Repair and replace taps

Impressed by how quickly and efficiently my problem was dealt with.

Reviewed on 14th December 2021
John Lambe's avatar
John Lambe

AVOID

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE YET ANOTHER UPDATE! No further on with work despite the usual public show of “contact us directly to sort out”. And now to add insult to injury they have auto renewed my parents policy when they were told by them AND me in writing Read more

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE
YET ANOTHER UPDATE!
No further on with work despite the usual public show of “contact us directly to sort out”. And now to add insult to injury they have auto renewed my parents policy when they were told by them AND me in writing not to!!! At the end of my tether with them and STILL my parents are forced to live in a shell of a kitchen with no flooring!!!!
UPDATE - after 1 week I have still not had even the courtesy of a reply yet alone had any progress on the work. My parents are still living in a shell of a kitchen with no idea if or when the work will be completed.
I would call it shocking customer service however as customer service is non-existent this would be flattering them.

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE!
The majority of positive reviews relate to price and/or service when taking out a policy. JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CLAIM!!!
See the message I have had to send to them to try and get my parents claim sorted. PS NOT HAD ANY RESPONSE!

“ Back in July my parents gave permission to Churchills for me to
discuss their ongoing claim with you should this be required. I am
afraid to say that I now need to contact you to ask what is going on?

This claim has been ongoing since June and has been handled
appallingly! They have been left for weeks in a shell of a kitchen
with basic utilities and promises of visits that don't happen.
At the request of my parents I travelled to ####### last weekend to
take a look at the progress as the floor was meant to be screeded on
Friday 18th. This did not happen as when the contractor turned up he
said he couldn't do the work as the flooring contained asbestos. Why
hadn't this been picked up OR communicated by the surveyor??? This was
after my parents, both in their late 70's and my father registered
disabled had moved tables and chairs out of the kitchen area as they
were asked to have the area clear ready to work. It is an absolute
disgrace!

The situation now is they are living in a shell of a kitchen not being
able to cook or clean properly and they have a pile of rubbish
including stacks of old flooring in the garden which the contractors
have failed to take with them.

I could further catalogue the incompetent and disgraceful way this 4
month claim has been mishandled however I will save this for Twitter
and as many review sites I can post this debacle on to save any other
would be customers being put through such a shoddy service.

What I want from you is a full timetable of what is going to happen,
and when IN WRITING and I want it adhered to. This needs to be sorted
now as I feel that the contractors are definitely taking advantage of
my parents easy going nature, one thing I didn't inherit from them.

One final point. I find it ironic that the communication from both
Churchills and the contractors has been woeful yet they are regularly
being contacted to renew their policy. Seems to me that your customer
service is great when taking money, not so good should you have a
claim. I don't want them contacted again asking them to renew!

Please sort this mess out!”

PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF AND GO ELSEWHERE!

Reviewed on 1st October 2020
Rob's avatar
Rob

Excellent cover for the price

Great customer services and great deal on price and cover

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Craig's avatar
Craig

Fast and efficient deal with you in friendly manner

Reviewed on 10th August 2020
Ellen Wilson 's avatar
Ellen Wilson

Great value

After using many comparison sites I phoned Churchill. They gave me a much better level of cover at an even lower price than on the comparison site.

Reviewed on 14th July 2020