Halifax Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 643 reviews       Last review 4 hours ago

Halifax Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Halifax Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Halifax customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Halifax customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Halifax Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Halifax Review Insight

Reviewed on 5th August 2021
Brian Colemen's avatar
Brian Colemen

Good service especially online

online system is good and easy to use

Reviewed on 28th July 2021
Ricardo's avatar
Ricardo

Bank???

I suddenly discovered the impossible task of seeing my account. This account has been accessible for over 10 years. The paperwork advised to call at my local branch. Total waste of time and parking money. A month later still no hope.

Reviewed on 12th July 2021
Mick Stringer's avatar
Mick Stringer

Ridiculous poor bank

Full of excuses and lies every person contradicts the other money disappeared from account and no help

Reviewed on 11th June 2021
Jordan Daniels's avatar
Jordan Daniels

Excellent bank & App

I always find Halifax staff friendly and pleased to help. The App is also excellent now bringing it to match many of the challenger banks facilities, such as notifications.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Ryan's avatar
Ryan

Very poor service

Tried to close a joint account but was told it had already been closed by the other account holder. This isn't good practice really. They didn't seem to care.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Rab's avatar
Rab

Brilliant Bank

Never an issue, fantastic customer service on hand to help always, brilliant!

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Billy's avatar
Billy

Banked with Halifax for years never had a problem

Reviewed on 12th April 2021
Marie Gibson's avatar
Marie Gibson

Commendable Service

Have had no issues with my money except with a faulty ATM that Iā€™m in the process of dealing with. Otherwise great app and customer service.

Reviewed on 6th April 2021
Owais Hashmi's avatar
Owais Hashmi

Great bank

Easy to use the app and very good staff

Reviewed on 29th March 2021
Daniela Bruma's avatar
Daniela Bruma

High quality

Halifax is generally a high standard banking service which is very helpful and convenient.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Edwige's avatar
Edwige

No muss no fuss

I have been with Halifax for a number of years now, maybe 10? And I can honestly say I've never had a problem. I've lost a card while out shopping (pre Covid - when you could shop!) I've had an online rouge tried to make a fraudulent charge against my account for some "white goods" in a foreign country; and, I once had to query a cash withdrawal I spotted on my statement from an overseas bank. Given that my passport was two years out of date at the time it certainly wasn't me! All of the above incidents were delt with no fuss whatsoever; and because these incidents were years apart, I can only conclude that this is their operational norm? So, yes, I've been tempted with the cash bribes to "ditch and switch" to other providers, but I'm happy where I am; and as long as I don't go into the red and I abide by the terms and conditions, there are no nasty charges. So here I'll stay.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Flipster's avatar
Flipster

Fantastic app and products

I have active accounts with quite a few startups and high Street banks, but Halifax has always been the consistently best bank for me in terms of banking products (Current account and mortgage) and the best mobile app!

Reviewed on 21st March 2021
Cameron's avatar
Cameron

Appalling

I have never dealt with such an appalling financial company. The staff are growing increasingly rude, inconsiderate and inefficient. Threatening, intimidating and lying on the phone. Complaints ignored for months & months on end. No responsibility or accountability. Currently closing 3 current accounts, 3 savings accounts, 1 ISA and 1 credit card due to the disgusting way in which the staff behave and management ignore.

Reviewed on 20th March 2021
Louise Charlotte's avatar
Louise Charlotte

Customer Centred Banking

I always feel Halifax are there to help with anything. Excellent customer service.

Reviewed on 18th March 2021
John's avatar
John

Excellent current account

I love my current account. Excellent online banking options ability to create accounts sitting in for mini savings accounts. Fab.

Reviewed on 18th March 2021
Jo's avatar
Jo

Exemplary of what a bank should be

In my 8 - 10 years of banking with HALIFAX, I can count the number of times I had have to go into the bank to discuss any problems because I have never had one. Also, when I did have a query and needed to go into my branch, the staff knew exactly what was required to find a solution. My money was easily accessible and I was never made to feel that I couldn't get at it. They offered alot of services to customers and businesses. I couldn't say enough about them if I wanted to. You also get instantaneous alerts whenever there is an activity on your account. They did it first :)

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
E Ezeoke 's avatar
E Ezeoke

Good

Good readable easy to understand

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Kelsey's avatar
Kelsey

walk in walk out save

first savers pinch best bank in out branch.

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
daniel's avatar
daniel

Lovely and warm

Lovely provider of basic FS services

Reviewed on 10th March 2021