Halifax Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 650 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Halifax Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Halifax Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Halifax customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Halifax customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Halifax Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Halifax Review Insight

Your Current Account Reviews

Review Halifax's Current Account now

Poor customer service

I spent most of the day try to speak to fraud department.. but no luck ridiculous

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Shanaz Bibi's avatar
Shanaz Bibi

Great service great deals Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
kerrykilbride81@icloud.com's avatar
kerrykilbride81@icloud.com

Product

Good benefits with this account

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
Noreen's avatar
Noreen

Ease of payments

Usefull bank accounts and cards and very gud fruad detection

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
mark anderson's avatar
mark anderson

Easy going

Do not charge if accidentally go overdrawn

Reviewed on 15th September 2021
Emma Pongetti's avatar
Emma Pongetti

Simple efficient basic

Easy access on app and call centre

Reviewed on 17th August 2021

Reviewed on 5th August 2021
Brian Colemen's avatar
Brian Colemen

Good service especially online

online system is good and easy to use

Reviewed on 28th July 2021
Ricardo's avatar
Ricardo

Bank???

I suddenly discovered the impossible task of seeing my account. This account has been accessible for over 10 years. The paperwork advised to call at my local branch. Total waste of time and parking money. A month later still no hope.

Reviewed on 12th July 2021
Mick Stringer's avatar
Mick Stringer

Current account with benefits

I wanted a simple current account n I got one with Halifax I have been with them for over 20years n extremely happy

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Shabana Bashir 's avatar
Shabana Bashir

Ridiculous poor bank

Full of excuses and lies every person contradicts the other money disappeared from account and no help

Reviewed on 11th June 2021
Jordan Daniels's avatar
Jordan Daniels

Excellent bank & App

I always find Halifax staff friendly and pleased to help. The App is also excellent now bringing it to match many of the challenger banks facilities, such as notifications.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Ryan's avatar
Ryan

Very poor service

Tried to close a joint account but was told it had already been closed by the other account holder. This isn't good practice really. They didn't seem to care.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Rab's avatar
Rab

Brilliant Bank

Never an issue, fantastic customer service on hand to help always, brilliant!

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Billy's avatar
Billy

Banked with Halifax for years never had a problem

Reviewed on 12th April 2021
Marie Gibson's avatar
Marie Gibson

Commendable Service

Have had no issues with my money except with a faulty ATM that Iā€™m in the process of dealing with. Otherwise great app and customer service.

Reviewed on 6th April 2021
Owais Hashmi's avatar
Owais Hashmi

Great bank

Easy to use the app and very good staff

Reviewed on 29th March 2021
Daniela Bruma's avatar
Daniela Bruma

High quality

Halifax is generally a high standard banking service which is very helpful and convenient.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Edwige's avatar
Edwige

No muss no fuss

I have been with Halifax for a number of years now, maybe 10? And I can honestly say I've never had a problem. I've lost a card while out shopping (pre Covid - when you could shop!) I've had an online rouge tried to make a fraudulent charge against my account for some "white goods" in a foreign country; and, I once had to query a cash withdrawal I spotted on my statement from an overseas bank. Given that my passport was two years out of date at the time it certainly wasn't me! All of the above incidents were delt with no fuss whatsoever; and because these incidents were years apart, I can only conclude that this is their operational norm? So, yes, I've been tempted with the cash bribes to "ditch and switch" to other providers, but I'm happy where I am; and as long as I don't go into the red and I abide by the terms and conditions, there are no nasty charges. So here I'll stay.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Flipster's avatar
Flipster

Fantastic app and products

I have active accounts with quite a few startups and high Street banks, but Halifax has always been the consistently best bank for me in terms of banking products (Current account and mortgage) and the best mobile app!

Reviewed on 21st March 2021