Halifax Current Account Reviews

Ratings based on 709 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Halifax Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Halifax Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Halifax customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Halifax customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Halifax Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Current Account Reviews

Review Halifax's Current Account now

Higley recommend

Excellent service always there to help

Reviewed on 26th September 2022
Natalie Martin 's avatar
Natalie Martin

Strongly recommend

Excellent service when needed higley recommend to friends and family

Reviewed on 26th September 2022
Natalie Martin 's avatar
Natalie Martin

The worst bank EVER!

Halifax have to be the WORST bank EVER! I've been banking with them since 2007 and have always used my bank account to pay bills etc... Earlier on this year somebody committed fraud using my name with Barclays Bank. I only found out because there was a CI Read more

Halifax have to be the WORST bank EVER! I've been banking with them since 2007 and have always used my bank account to pay bills etc... Earlier on this year somebody committed fraud using my name with Barclays Bank. I only found out because there was a CIFAS marker on my record. Halifax shut down my bank accounts and treated me like I was a criminal everytime I rang them to try and get access to my money. Barclays bank who I've never even banked with sorted out the CIFAS marker and did a thorough investigation and found that my name was used to commit fraud without my knowledge. Barclays even paid me compensation. Halifax caused me sleepless nights, a lot of stress and treated me like absolute rubbish! I would NEVER recommend that anybody bank with them! I've tried to complain, but they just ignore me. Halifax bank are absolutely disgusting! DON'T bank with them!

Reviewed on 18th September 2022
Shee Her's avatar
Shee Her

Mobile banking

Mobile banking is fast and efficient and usually log ins are without problems

Reviewed on 21st August 2022
AIDEN GREEN's avatar
AIDEN GREEN

Best online banking

Best online banking and easy to use

Reviewed on 14th August 2022
Dave G's avatar
Dave G

Easy and Helpful

Love my online bank current account so easy to use. Fab service

Reviewed on 6th August 2022
rosie81@hotmail.co.uk's avatar
rosie81@hotmail.co.uk

Never use this bank

I have had nothing but bad customer services, the rates are the worst, the terms and conditions change weekly! Your never be happy with them, those that say they are, are really shills.

Reviewed on 30th July 2022
Alan Jackson's avatar
Alan Jackson

Excellent service and fraud protection

Excellent service always. Fraud protection, Excellent online service, and 24 hour support.

Reviewed on 20th July 2022
Barbara Davidge's avatar
Barbara Davidge

Moving my Mortgage, Personal and Business Accounts

I have decided to move my Mortgage, Personal and Business Accounts from Halifax after 27 years as I will not do business with a company that promotes an ideology that pretends to be inclusive, but is designed to coerce its staff and customers. The promot Read more

The promotion of displaying pronouns was illiberal enough, but the Halifax Twitter feed insulting customers and telling them to quit the bank demonstrates that Halifax's judgement cannot be trusted.

Reviewed on 29th June 2022
Jenny Effbloor's avatar
Jenny Effbloor

A brilliant website that supports a clear and extremely helpful financial service

I have been a Halifax account holder for over 4 decades now and I have always received good service.

Reviewed on 16th June 2022
Susie's avatar
Susie

Over a HOUR SITTING IN A QUEUE

Having a problem with my card so rang to speak to someone and spent well over a hour sitting in a queue. DISGUSTING

Reviewed on 10th May 2022
Samantha 's avatar
Samantha

The worst customer service ever

I contact them about one company take! I explain to them I paid item but never received item!They ask me to call again which I did they say we can’t find any information you call us and the legal time 120 days! I pay for item which I never did received!Th Read more

I contact them about one company take! I explain to them I paid item but never received item!They ask me to call again which I did they say we can’t find any information you call us and the legal time 120 days! I pay for item which I never did received!The worst bank the worst customer service ever!

Reviewed on 26th April 2022
Zahir 's avatar
Zahir

Easy and straight forward

Their interface online is so easy and straightforward to use and the account gives me everything I need. It offers cashback, save the change and easy management. I wouldn't want to bank with anyone else.

Reviewed on 3rd April 2022
Loulou H's avatar
Loulou H

Easy to use account

Like the current account and the other saver accounts I have. All easy to see at the same time using on-line banking. The only downside is the amount of notifications you get for each account!

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
Anne Granger's avatar
Anne Granger

Halifax bank steals your money

Halifax bank steals your Lindy from you account with out prior communication or consent. Then sends out a statement showing 0 balance with money out reason Credit Decisioning. This is how institutions that your supposed to trust steal from you. DONT tru Read more

This is how institutions that your supposed to trust steal from you. DONT trust them with you money or finances. They will rob you one day too. Take out you money. Close you account before it’s too late. We are living in strange times. Even institutions are hungry. So they steal from their own customers.

Reviewed on 31st March 2022
Badshah Hussain's avatar
Badshah Hussain

Reward current account

Offers many benefits for just £15 per month. Also love the cashback extras I receive each month, Halifax online banking app is also super easy to use.

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
Jrf1805's avatar
Jrf1805

Good Bank and Good Products

After the financial crisis, this bank is going from strength to strength has a great future.

Reviewed on 28th March 2022

Reviewed on 27th March 2022
Wayne's avatar
Wayne

Best Current Account

Best current account,Best customer service and help line ,User friendly

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Mahammad Ali Shipon's avatar
Mahammad Ali Shipon

Very good bank

Very good bank with helpful staff and ery easy to use app and online banking. Thanks

Reviewed on 24th March 2022