Legal and General Home Insurance Reviews

Legal and General home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Legal and General handle your home insurance claim? Our Legal and General home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Legal and General? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Good

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Legal and General's Home Insurance now

Invest And Gain

How do you feel about investing online? If you are not sure of your answer, then let me show you why you can invest with us @ marketplus247 . Com. * We at Marketplus offer low fee percentage * We at Marketplus offer no personal relationship with our cl Read more

* We at Marketplus offer low fee percentage
* We at Marketplus offer no personal relationship with our clients
* You have more options to monitoring your investment in real time.
* Our system is more controlled and flexible
* Fast and easy to invest
* You will have access to online tools thereby providing valuable information which help to optimize access.
You can start now to invest in the right trading platform by visiting our website now @ Marketplus247 .  C o m .    INVEST AND GAIN.

Reviewed on 13th July 2022
Lucas Freeman's avatar
Lucas Freeman

If I Could Give Lower Than a Zero Star. I would.

I tried to get a life insurance policy with L&G and was turned down based on one letter from my GP. If they had an AHMP employed in their company, they would see no pattern of behaviour. There aren't multiple letters/reports from SABP, no SCARF reports, a Read more

I tried to get a life insurance policy with L&G and was turned down based on one letter from my GP. If they had an AHMP employed in their company, they would see no pattern of behaviour. There aren't multiple letters/reports from SABP, no SCARF reports, and nothing from SECamb and yet, they felt its okay to discriminate someone based on one incident that was not serious.

This is why mental health is continuing to be shunned. Companies like L&G ensure that this discrimination continues. Do not use their "company". They are absolutely horrid.

Reviewed on 7th June 2022
Shorty Cunningham's avatar
Shorty Cunningham

Disgrace of a company

Had a water leak ten months ago and still awaiting any building work to commence. Broken sharp tiles, nails sticking out of walls and mold on walls. We have a just turned four year old child. No reply from legal and general.

Reviewed on 30th May 2022
D P's avatar
D P

Don't Recognise No Claims Bonus

Was with them for several years before switching to Direct Line but for this year's home insurance renewal thought I'd contact them for a comparative quote. Their system fails to recognise my no claims bonus with Direct Line re a claim I initially made bu Read more

Was with them for several years before switching to Direct Line but for this year's home insurance renewal thought I'd contact them for a comparative quote. Their system fails to recognise my no claims bonus with Direct Line re a claim I initially made but then withdrew after the tiny water leak I initially reported turned out to be a bit of incorrectly applied silicone to my shower enclosure with no settlement therefore required as a result. Direct Line even called them to confirm that no payment was made to me and that I withdrew the claim, however their computer fails to recognise this and they asked me to tell Direct Line to change the wording from 'settled to incident'. I tried calling back to see if the centralised computer which all insurance companies share, has been updated to reflect the wording they require but as I cannot take being cut off and repeatedly put on hold half an hour each time since yesterday, have decided to stick with Direct Line as dealing with this company is too stressful.

Reviewed on 24th May 2022
Victoria de Lange's avatar
Victoria de Lange

Nightmare company

Had storm damage claim and they are trying to wriggle out of it by saying it’s wear and tear . Other reviewers have had the same experience. Two months on and water is flooding into my home and barn and they are not interested. I am now forced to take Read more

Other reviewers have had the same experience.
I am now forced to take them to court.
Do not deal with this company if you do you probably won’t be insured !!

Reviewed on 13th April 2022
Paul Garvey's avatar
Paul Garvey

The legal and general nightmare

Don’t touch this company with a barge pole. I have had approx 20,000.00 worth of damage in the recent storms and they are trying to infer its wear and tear . This seems to be the route they take with everybody who tries to put in a genuine claim. It’s Read more

Don’t touch this company with a barge pole.
It’s the first time I’ve had a claim with this company after being with them a number of years .
The storm has left me with water flooding into a barn through a damaged roof also water coming in through a damaged house roof.
I’ve waited almost two months since it was reported and as I said they say it’s wear and tear and won’t pay up.
This leaves me with only one option to take them to court which will be happening very soon.
This is one of a number of reviews I’ve put on here about this company ,
Who put and answer apologising and offering to get it sorted , which never happens ,
By the way they trade under various names so beware , legal and general, Liverpool Victoria and Fairmead , they use the claims consortium who are equally as bad . .
I will see you in court Fairmead , there’s nothing Fair about you !!

Reviewed on 13th April 2022
Paul Garvey's avatar
Paul Garvey

Life Ruining

Today is 8th April 2022. I had a flood in my property 15th July 2021. This damaged the bathroom walls and floor and the kitchen roof, walls and floor. The work did not commence until October. I understand due to the pandemic there will be delays in wo Read more

Today is 8th April 2022. I had a flood in my property 15th July 2021. This damaged the bathroom walls and floor and the kitchen roof, walls and floor. The work did not commence until October. I understand due to the pandemic there will be delays in work. Legal and general have Davies loss adjusters support with the claim. They have been a disgrace, proving to go back on their words numerous times through this experience. Legal and general take no accountability based on the service and work completed by the loss adjusters. So they have a free pass to talk to you how they like and act how they like, and there is nothing you can do.
Legal and general have FFDR contractors support with the claim. Again, shambolic. They ignore you when to contact them, they turn up to you property and let themselves in when they want, one of them even used my toilet and didn’t clean up after themselves, yes they left poo all about the toilet. Legal and general, refuse to accept accountability but offer goodwill.
The contractors caused a second flood in my property, which damaged my appliances. Legal and general tell me they will not match my items due to ‘no matching items’ in my policy.
Legal and general refuse to take accountability for the further damages caused by their own solutions. I am now left with my pine kitchen, having a white units here, oak panels there and mixed matched styles of doors. Legal and general consider this a job well done. The contractors they hired offered cash settlement on unit doors and actually a whole new kitchen. Legal and general refused this. Legal and general are aware that how they and the loss adjusters and contractors they have hired, have caused my mental health to deteriorate, affecting my work and relationships and overall life. The lack of communication and name calling among them, for this to be adults earning a salary, is a real concern. Legal and general have provided no support, which suggests they do not consider their customers well-being in any sort of priority.
Legal and general’s mission statement: “Our purpose is to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term and create value for our shareholders.” - legal and general have continuously failed to deliver on this.
To conclude, if you are with legal and general for home insurance, I would cancel and go somewhere else. Make sure you have matching items in your policy. Don’t wait for things to go wrong. The flood I had was not the issue or the stress, is was the people employed and the work processes in place that have blatantly and continuously failed to meet any sort of basic standard. I have been told that not all claims are like mine. I wish I had something good to write but this is the experience I have unfortunately endured.
To confirm, legal and general or fairmead as they tell you there name is on the IVR, however they represent themselves, this is who I am referring to.

Reviewed on 8th April 2022
Dan's avatar
Dan

Good value

Good value home insurance for coverage received. Obtained via comparison site.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
gden's avatar
gden

worst ever

In the recent storms my flat roof…leaked In the recent storms my flat roof leaked resulting in my bathroom ceiling collapsing . After the emergency. Call number could not make it out for 2weeks they agreed over the phone to me sourcing local tradesman to Read more

In the recent storms my flat roof…leaked
In the recent storms my flat roof leaked resulting in my bathroom ceiling collapsing . After the emergency. Call number could not make it out for 2weeks they agreed over the phone to me sourcing local tradesman to temp repair . After 3 weeks they sent a firm called BVS . Please read reviews. Of this corrupt outfit. They manged to asses that the damage was Ware and tare without going on the roof and removing tarpolin .i have been with l&g ten years without claim .I will be taking legal action and changing all insurances connected with these bandits. j kermeen sheffield ps just been on my nest pension and moved all investments away from them , you can all do this.

Reviewed on 9th March 2022
Jonathan Kermeen's avatar
Jonathan Kermeen

Utterly Appalling Customer Service

I made a home insurance claim in April resulting from a water leak which caused significant damage to my kitchen. The initial call was appalling, I was told to get it sorted and then call back as I was only insured for the damage. Since then my house Read more

I made a home insurance claim in April resulting from a water leak which caused significant damage to my kitchen. The initial call was appalling, I was told to get it sorted and then call back as I was only insured for the damage. Since then my house has been unoccupiable. This happened on the 19th April and for the past 5 months I has been passed from pillar to post. I cannot live in my house and with no indication of any date when reinstatement works might commence my life is on hold. I have dealt with a succession of thier claims management contractors - now on my second company, who never respond, I have spent hours on hold, trying to speak to call handlers who (after call queues of more than 3 hours at times) have been unable to make anything happen. They have been unable to find any alternative accomodation for me and their 70 per week disturbance allowance does not even half cover the cost of my petrol which I am spending in additonal travel. It is the worst service I have ever known.
There has been a significant failing in my case and it is causing untold stress and misery. When I complain I get an auto-response stating that I will hear within eight weeks. The Ombudsman option, is my only option now. Please do not use Legal & General now called Fairmead Insurance - I wish I had read all these negative reviews.

Reviewed on 24th September 2021
Bernadette Maureen Marguerie's avatar
Bernadette Maureen Marguerie

Did everything to avoid paying out

Had damage to an electronic gates circuit board caused by slugs. Claim initially refused as L & G classified slugs as 'vermin'. Having contested this, it was agreed that slugs are not vermin - they are in fact gastropods. So now the claim is refused as I Read more

Had damage to an electronic gates circuit board caused by slugs. Claim initially refused as L & G classified slugs as 'vermin'. Having contested this, it was agreed that slugs are not vermin - they are in fact gastropods. So now the claim is refused as I hadn't taken Accidental Damage insurance, which is where they now decide to classify the claim. How on earth is damage caused by slugs 'Accidental Damage'? Whether or not I can give the time to take this to the Financial Ombudsman is debateable, but I certainly will NEVER insure with L & G again.

Reviewed on 5th August 2021
P Allen's avatar
P Allen

Items not covered

I have a home contents policy which insures items away from the home,clearly states in bold letters on the schedule but when i put in a claim i was told if i had read the small print in the booklet i would not be covered. I think this is shocking practise Read more

I have a home contents policy which insures items away from the home,clearly states in bold letters on the schedule but when i put in a claim i was told if i had read the small print in the booklet i would not be covered. I think this is shocking practise.

Reviewed on 29th July 2021
Andrew Westerdale's avatar
Andrew Westerdale

Worst Customer Services

Sir, Madam, I logged in a complaint on 19/08/20 I received an acknowledgement from Legal and General that my complaint was “being processed” on 26/08/20 I asked for update on 09/09/20 I received another acknowledgement from Legal and General that my Read more

Sir, Madam,

I logged in a complaint on 19/08/20
I asked for update on 09/09/20
I received another acknowledgement from Legal and General that my complaint was “being processed” on 15/09/20
I asked again for an update on 14/10/20
I asked again for an update on 07/11/20
I asked again for an update on 25/11/20
I asked again for an update on 09/01/21
I received on 12/01/21 a blunt email, automatically generated from Legal and General, asking me to create an account and read my message…
Subject: BESECURE. FW: Your Complaint with Legal & General
I discovered on the 12/01/21, that I have an email from Legal and General dated 08/10/20.
I never got a notification and I never created an account or been asked to create an account or been told that if I don’t have an account I cannot receive email from Legal and General.

The automatic renewal of our insurance contract costed us 20% more than the first year.
It was not mentioned in any notification we received. There was no visibility on this huge increase.
Then it proved impossible to talked to someone and get a reply as to how this could happen without warning us.

Your customer services department is really the worst I ever saw.

Now, I request you to stop the automatic renewal of our contract, because obviously, we will not continue with Legal and General.
And I want a reply to my email, not your hidden own mailbox created by Legal and General.

Sincerely gutted and disappointed.

Kind regards

Reviewed on 24th January 2021
Romain's avatar
Romain

These low-lifes give the insurance industry the bad name it's renowned for!

To refer to these low lives as pond scum would be an insult to aquatic weeds. They take your money for years and when you make a claim, they search high and low for caveats in their terms and conditions to weasel out of paying. Not only that, whilst the Read more

To refer to these low lives as pond scum would be an insult to aquatic weeds.
They take your money for years and when you make a claim, they search high and low for caveats in their terms and conditions to weasel out of paying. Not only that, whilst they "process" your claim they will take months to "investigate" potential conflict of their hidden T&C clauses, whilst still charging you your monthly premiums. You have to chase and chase and listen to excuse after excuse about the underwriters being busy, before eventually being told they are making your policy invalid.

Reviewed on 21st January 2021
Fran G - Leeds's avatar
Fran G - Leeds

Worst Insurance company I have dealt with

Lost my phone, made a claim, have had 2 minor claims in my adult lifetime, was interrogated by some third party 'fraud prevention' company they have appointed who have insinuated I was somehow being dishonest, told me blatent lies in an attempt to get me Read more

Lost my phone, made a claim, have had 2 minor claims in my adult lifetime, was interrogated by some third party 'fraud prevention' company they have appointed who have insinuated I was somehow being dishonest, told me blatent lies in an attempt to get me to admit my claim is somehow fraudulent. Almost 2 weeks on and still no settlement or communication, absolute WORST insurer I have dealt with in 20 years. Quick to take my money but will resist settling claims. I will be cancelling. Pay a few pounds more and insure with a decent insurer. I wish I had read some of these reviews before taking out my insurance with the 'CHEAPEST'. Unfortunately in this case you get what you pay for, ZERO. With insurance one expects peace of mind but this is a joke of a company and we are all powerless, they do what they want. I would give a minus if I could. Will be reporting them to the Ombudsmam.

Reviewed on 24th December 2020
Manjit Hear's avatar
Manjit Hear

Avoid at all costs.

Earlier this in heavy winds, a tile was blown form my house roof. This damaged a neighbour's property causing damage. Initially Legal and General Insurance agreed to settle the claim and instructed repairs to be carried out. Five months later, after foll Read more

Five months later, after following up the claim. L and G decided not to pay out on the claim, the reason was I had stated my property was maintained in good order. L and G said they would most likely have paid out it I had said my property wasn't maintained in good order.
This was my first insurance claim in over 35 years, I have found out the hard way, honesty doesn't always pay with insurance companies.
I now find I have to settle the repair bill with my neighbour myself, despite being insured, or so I thought. Never totally trust an insurance company.

Reviewed on 25th November 2020
R's avatar
R

Friendly and Quick

I wanted to get home insurance and Legal and General had good reviews, one phone call later and my mind is at ease. I definitely didn't feel pressured or swayed to pay more than I was comfortable with paying. Lovely people!

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
Audrey Odriscoll's avatar
Audrey Odriscoll

Terrible Administration

Very hard work just trying to do simple things like not renewing a policy, even having given plenty of notice prior to the policy end date. I had the policy with them for many many years but I will never go back to them now.

Reviewed on 28th August 2020
John J's avatar
John J

Legal & General have simply destroyed our home

View our experiences of Legal & General's customer care on BBC's Rip Off Britain - Series 12 episode 10 Viewable on You tube, simply search: Legal and General Ripoff Britain. No words can describe our ongoing experience.

Reviewed on 5th August 2020
Andrew Miller's avatar
Andrew Miller

Stable prices

Been with them for many years so far no big hikes in premiums always competitive on price

Reviewed on 30th July 2020