Legal and General Home Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Legal and General home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Legal and General handle your home insurance claim? Our Legal and General home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Legal and General? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Legal and General Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Legal and General's Home Insurance now

Very helpful

Left laptop on train. Was replaced (since named item) and due to the one we bought no longer being available we ended up with a better one than we started with!... Read more

Was hassle free and call center staff were friendly and helpful throughout. Now have all my insurance through them.

Reviewed on 25th August 2016
Charlotte Pike's avatar
Charlotte Pike
Editors Choice

Worst Customer Services

Sir,... Read more

Sir, Madam,

I logged in a complaint on 19/08/20
I received an acknowledgement from Legal and General that my complaint was “being processed” on 26/08/20
I asked for update on 09/09/20
I received another acknowledgement from Legal and General that my complaint was “being processed” on 15/09/20
I asked again for an update on 14/10/20
I asked again for an update on 07/11/20
I asked again for an update on 25/11/20
I asked again for an update on 09/01/21
I received on 12/01/21 a blunt email, automatically generated from Legal and General, asking me to create an account and read my message…
Subject: BESECURE. FW: Your Complaint with Legal & General
I discovered on the 12/01/21, that I have an email from Legal and General dated 08/10/20.
I never got a notification and I never created an account or been asked to create an account or been told that if I don’t have an account I cannot receive email from Legal and General.

The automatic renewal of our insurance contract costed us 20% more than the first year.
It was not mentioned in any notification we received. There was no visibility on this huge increase.
Then it proved impossible to talked to someone and get a reply as to how this could happen without warning us.

Your customer services department is really the worst I ever saw.

Now, I request you to stop the automatic renewal of our contract, because obviously, we will not continue with Legal and General.
And I want a reply to my email, not your hidden own mailbox created by Legal and General.

Sincerely gutted and disappointed.

Kind regards

Reviewed on 24th January 2021
Romain's avatar
Romain

These low-lifes give the insurance industry the bad name it's renowned for!

To refer to these low lives as pond scum would be an insult to aquatic weeds.... Read more

To refer to these low lives as pond scum would be an insult to aquatic weeds.
They take your money for years and when you make a claim, they search high and low for caveats in their terms and conditions to weasel out of paying. Not only that, whilst they "process" your claim they will take months to "investigate" potential conflict of their hidden T&C clauses, whilst still charging you your monthly premiums. You have to chase and chase and listen to excuse after excuse about the underwriters being busy, before eventually being told they are making your policy invalid.

Reviewed on 21st January 2021
Fran G - Leeds's avatar
Fran G - Leeds

Worst Insurance company I have dealt with

Lost my phone, made a claim, have had 2 minor claims in my adult lifetime, was interrogated by some third party 'fraud prevention' company they have appointed who have insinuated I was somehow being dishonest, told me blatent lies in an attempt to get me to admit my claim is somehow fraudulent. Almost 2 weeks on and still no settlement or communication, absolute WORST insurer I have dealt with in 20 years. Quick to take my money but will resist settling claims. I will be cancelling. Pay a few pounds more and insure with a decent insurer. I wish I had read some of these reviews before taking out my insurance with the 'CHEAPEST'. Unfortunately in this case you get what you pay for, ZERO. With insurance one expects peace of mind but this is a joke of a company and we are all powerless, they do what they want. I would give a minus if I could. Will be reporting them to the Ombudsmam.

Reviewed on 24th December 2020
Manjit Hear's avatar
Manjit Hear

Avoid at all costs.

Earlier this in heavy winds, a tile was blown form my house roof. This damaged a neighbour's property causing damage. Initially Legal and General Insurance agreed to settle the claim and instructed repairs to be carried... Read more

Earlier this in heavy winds, a tile was blown form my house roof. This damaged a neighbour's property causing damage. Initially Legal and General Insurance agreed to settle the claim and instructed repairs to be carried out.
Five months later, after following up the claim. L and G decided not to pay out on the claim, the reason was I had stated my property was maintained in good order. L and G said they would most likely have paid out it I had said my property wasn't maintained in good order.
This was my first insurance claim in over 35 years, I have found out the hard way, honesty doesn't always pay with insurance companies.
I now find I have to settle the repair bill with my neighbour myself, despite being insured, or so I thought. Never totally trust an insurance company.

Reviewed on 25th November 2020
R's avatar
R

Friendly and Quick

I wanted to get home insurance and Legal and General had good reviews, one phone call later and my mind is at ease. I definitely didn't feel pressured or swayed to pay more than I was comfortable with paying. Lovely people!

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
Audrey Odriscoll's avatar
Audrey Odriscoll

Terrible Administration

Very hard work just trying to do simple things like not renewing a policy, even having given plenty of notice prior to the policy end date. I had the policy with them for many many years but I will never go back to them now.

Reviewed on 28th August 2020
John J's avatar
John J

Legal & General have simply destroyed our home

View our experiences of Legal & General's customer care on BBC's Rip Off Britain - Series 12 episode 10 Viewable on You tube, simply search: Legal and General Ripoff Britain. No words can describe our ongoing experience.

Reviewed on 5th August 2020
Andrew Miller's avatar
Andrew Miller

Stable prices

Been with them for many years so far no big hikes in premiums always competitive on price

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
C.Horton's avatar
C.Horton

Seems good enough

Price was fine, easy to set-up online.

Reviewed on 29th January 2020
Samantha Stroud's avatar
Samantha Stroud

Don't use Legal and General

Go to another company as these people give the bare minimum even for escape of water!! The excess is so high there's no point claiming. Between me and my husband we have made 1 other claim in 50 years. These people will quibble over everything, don't give them your money. Very disappointed.

Reviewed on 4th November 2019
Andrea's avatar
Andrea

avoid

I had home insurance with them never made any claim in my... Read more

I had home insurance with them never made any claim in my life.
after water leak and extensive damage to wall, ceiling and wooden floor in kitchen and hallway area and 4 months of communications they only welling to pay a friction of what the actual cost or repair. cost me £7500. they paid £1200.
Please avoid so you won't have my painful experience

Reviewed on 4th October 2019
Hassan Bitar's avatar
Hassan Bitar

amazing customer service

I have been with L&G for a year now and found it really easy to sign up for home insurance. I haven't had to make a claim yet luckily, but I've found them really helpful and their website is great.

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
clairess's avatar
clairess

Great price, good service

Found on a comparison site, great price for the cover and good customer service

Reviewed on 26th August 2019
Stephanie 's avatar
Stephanie

Excellent Service

Always helpful on phone, and transparent when sending correspondence.

Reviewed on 6th August 2019
Gemma's avatar
Gemma

Great Prices

I have been with L&G for years, amazing prices and fantastic levels of cover!! Give them a try

Reviewed on 4th August 2019
Brian Lee Whitworth's avatar
Brian Lee Whitworth

Very helpful and knowledgable

They were a great help when I had a problem with UNSAVOURY behving neighbours!

Reviewed on 30th July 2019
Kenneth Baldwin's avatar
Kenneth Baldwin

Very reliable company and great service

We have had no problems at all with legal and general and continue to be very competitive with premiums

Reviewed on 23rd July 2019
Shaun Gilsenan's avatar
Shaun Gilsenan

Massive renewal hike

Received renewal letter for home insurance - premium had risen by 20%. Rang them and they couldn't explain it. Time to shop around.

Reviewed on 9th July 2019
gden's avatar
gden

Full house insurance cover for reasonable prices

We have been with Legal and General for 3 years now and are happy with our home insurance cover. They dont, as some other insurance firms do, hike their prices up every year. We remain happy customers of Legal and General and would recoomend them.

Reviewed on 6th July 2019