Legal and General Life Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Do you want to find out what life as a Legal and General life insurance customer is like? Now you can! Read Legal and General life insurance reviews at Smart Money People to find out what other policy holders have to say.

Legal and General Review Insight

Your Life Insurance Reviews

Review Legal and General's Life Insurance now

ripping of veterans

robbing veterans of what they are... Read more

robbing veterans of what they are due
when i left the royal air force I transferred my raf pension into a buy out plan after being made guarantees by an employee of legal and general stating my raf benefits would be a minimum that I would receive . It transpires that my pension will not be paid til age 65 fives years after the raf payment date and no tax free lump sum . they then sell my pension to reassure so they can wash there hands off it .what an upstanding company robbing veterans who have served there country .

Reviewed on 13th May 2021
Charles Proctor's avatar
Charles Proctor

Constant issues, no resolutions

I've never struggled to pay an insurance company before, normally they snap my arm off for every last penny but Legal and General have managed to provide me with a litany of... Read more

I've never struggled to pay an insurance company before, normally they snap my arm off for every last penny but Legal and General have managed to provide me with a litany of firsts.
- First company ever to force me to reset my password to something new, literally every time I log in. I'm up to 7 times in a two month period.
- First company to enforce the special characters I can use in my password, presumably because their IT team is not up to scratch and cannot setup their website properly.
- First company to not be able to provide me access to my account because someone else at my address also has a policy with them.
Also the only company I've ever dealt with that take my money via direct debit and return it, consistently, two days later, before sending a message to complain I haven't paid.

Then you try and get in contact and wait and wait and wait. Don't bother, I've cancelled the account. Based on what I've seen of their IT, I've also asked them to remove all my data, I'm sure they'll be the next company in the news about a data breach.

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
Alex's avatar
Alex

take, take,take

paid in for 20 odd years, paid off morgage but they still took money out of account, said my bank had asked for a refund, then sent me a letter saying if i dont pay funds back they refer to debt recovery!! quick to take my money, was going to insure car and caravan with them, thats just cost them about £700

Reviewed on 11th December 2020
lewy's avatar
lewy

Fit for purpose

They cover my requirements provde the cover i need

Reviewed on 28th July 2020
Ali Sara's avatar
Ali Sara

Legal and General Review

I have had this policy since 2013.... great introductory offer for starters, great payout for minimal payment in this product.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
robert edington's avatar
robert edington

Very little consumer contact

The only time I hear from them is renewal.

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
carlalalah's avatar
carlalalah

Any question no problem

No matter what questions u have thay are more than happy to help.. and will cater your plan for your needs

Reviewed on 29th April 2020
N.g's avatar
N.g

Avoid this company

Avoid this... Read more

Avoid this company!!
I took out life insurance several years ago with my wife as a trustee.
We have since divorced but L&G refuse to remove her despite a court order and me paying into it.
Apparently the only way to remove her is by her removing herself!!?!!
The company does not understand that circumstances change over a lifetime and do not respect court orders.
I know it would be simple to cancel, but I am older now and taking a new policy would be much more expensive, so I tried to avoid this.
If the company cannot respect your wishes and a court order whilst you are alive, how can you trust them with your estate when you are no longer around?
Avoid this company!

Reviewed on 18th October 2019
M Duke's avatar
M Duke

No fuss

Easy from start to finish with good follow up customer service.

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
Gaea Todd's avatar
Gaea Todd

Life cover made simple

This process was simple, quick and barrier free!

Reviewed on 8th September 2019
John Gillan 's avatar
John Gillan

Great for what I need

I have three policies with L&G all great prices

David Moore's avatar
David Moore

The best I've found

Great value for money and peace of mind with children, plus I dont have to think about it .thank you

Nic bell's avatar
Nic bell

Life cover easy

Lovely company to deal with, I have been using them for over two years now and am very happy with the service I have received so... Read more

Lovely company to deal with, I have been using them for over two years now and am very happy with the service I have received so far.
I set up everything online which took no time at all and I feel a lot more relaxed now that if the worst was to happen the people I care about will be taken care of.

Mrsc82's avatar
Mrsc82

Legal and General Review

I have been with Legal and General, originally taken out with Sainsbury's, many years and pay a monthly amount of £7.50 for Life insurance. This is basically fine but when I wanted my daughter included as an authority, it was a very difficult process, complicated and long-winded. I am still not 100% happy with this arrangement but not sure what to do next.....

Reviewed on 30th August 2019
Erika Mayers's avatar
Erika Mayers

Perfect

Good coverage and easy to set up.

Reviewed on 24th August 2019

Reviewed on 21st August 2019
paul davies's avatar
paul davies

Very good value

Very good value life insurance. It's not much going out of the bank every month and it gives peace of mind if the worst should happen

Reviewed on 20th August 2019
Kay's avatar
Kay

VERY GOOD

VI HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH LEGAL AND GENERAL AND I WILL CONTINUE TO USE THEIR PRODUCTS

Reviewed on 21st July 2019
PAULSKEAF's avatar
PAULSKEAF

Life Insurance made easy

Easy to set up life insurance with, helpful on the phone, easy to understand website and any updates are mailed to you. Life insurance made simple

Reviewed on 12th July 2019
Jessica Walker's avatar
Jessica Walker

Reliable company

L&G in my own opinion are the most reliable and trusted insurance company in the UK.

Reviewed on 6th July 2019