Aegon Pension Reviews

Ratings based on 78 reviews       Last review 10 hours ago

Aegon pension reviews written by Smart Money People like you. For many of us, our pension is an important part of our financial future. Finding a pension provider that you can trust and rely on is a must for many people. Take a look at our Aegon pension reviews to find out what life at Aegon is really like. If you hold this pension, we'd love you to write an honest review here too!

Good

Aegon Review Insight

Your Pension Reviews

Review Aegon's Pension now

Consistent service on a proactive basis

Aegon always provide an informed choice and all the detail I need to deal with Pension matters. Responses are quick with reasons why that are accurate, the website is easy to find what I require

Reviewed on 17th October 2021
Francis Cleary's avatar
Francis Cleary

AVOID AEGON!!

Impossible to contact them, constant problems with website. Do not inform customers when 'rules change' (e.g. they did not contact overseas customers when rules changed regarding pension transfer overseas, ....) etc, etc STAY AWAY

Reviewed on 14th October 2021
Alfonso Berduque's avatar
Alfonso Berduque

This company meets my ideal customer service experience

I have been an Aegon customer for almost 20 years and have never had cause for concern about anything they have done for me. I cannot say that about any other company I have dealt with, over that length of time. I would not say I am an 'easy' client and have high expectations, where customer service is involved.
Aegon have my complete trust, to do the right thing for me. Thank you for that peace of mind.

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
William Vernon's avatar
William Vernon

Workplace pension

I use Aegon for my workplace pension, the app is fantastic and easy to use. It helps me understand how my pension is working and keeping me up to date.I love doing the surveys as its help the company get a better understanding on wants going on.

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Tim Mortimer's avatar
Tim Mortimer

A very good site and a nice community feel

I actually enjoy taking part in the surveys as I find the questions interesting, and they help me stay aware of my financial outlook. I think the site is well laid out and easy to navigate. There is no spam from Aegon, just emails asking me to take part in the surveys which I opted in to voluntarily when I joined.

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Dave Walsh's avatar
Dave Walsh

Workplace pension

good communication, easy to understand. the app is great and the tools online to calculate retirement age etc are really useful! highly recommended

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Fgialluca5213's avatar
Fgialluca5213

I like the service and the apps

Good encounters with the Customer Services. Always friendly and helpful. Some useful online advances recently for making it easier to keep track of things.

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
AJJ's avatar
AJJ

Used for over 20 Years

I have used Aegon for over 20 years for managing my pensions (Have two pensions from current and previous employer with Aegon). Have never experienced any issues with them. The two or 3 times I have had to contact them either via phone or e-mail, it has been dealt with in a timely manner.

I use the App on a regular basis and 3 or 4 times a year use Target Plan to ensure my pension is on track and if any changes need to be made.

Overall very happy with the performance of the investment funds my Aegon pensions are invested into. Hopefully this trend continues and I can look forward to a comfortable retirement.

Reviewed on 5th October 2021
Colin Eccles's avatar
Colin Eccles

great company

Great and very helpful company.They are very informative.

Reviewed on 4th October 2021
hamu's avatar
hamu

Excellent return

Very good communication and excellent return on investment

Reviewed on 4th October 2021
Paul Cooper's avatar
Paul Cooper

Always easy to contact and regular updates

I have always Aegon easy to contact, I love the app - it is really efficient and I am kept up to date with my pension contributions and forecast.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021
Kate B's avatar
Kate B

Never use these guys seriously no customer service

I have been struggling to get access to my company pension which is trapped with them for the past month. You call no one picks up. You try chat and the operators cancel the chat the minute you mention you want to leave. You email and they don't reply.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2021
Ali bajwa's avatar
Ali bajwa

REALLY HAPPY BUT CONCERNED

Switched 1 pension to Aegon around 2012 and it has made a lot of money, my other pension I was advised to leave where it was, anyway that pension was also moved to Aegon around about 3yrs ago and is doing really... Read more

Switched 1 pension to Aegon around 2012 and it has made a lot of money, my other pension I was advised to leave where it was, anyway that pension was also moved to Aegon around about 3yrs ago and is doing really well.
My only concern is while looking at reviews and thinking if they devalue them on purpose when you try taking money out and also delay you taking it out which will then make you pay some tax on it if it does not reach you in the right tax year.

Reviewed on 11th August 2021
Tom Williams's avatar
Tom Williams

Excellent service, thorough and precise.

Around 12 mths ago, I requested my pension be crystallised to provide a lump sum and varying monthly drawdowns to suit my needs. The company handled everything perfectly and the request was set up in a matter of weeks. The web-interface is intuitive and allows switching in and out of multiple funds and setting the monthly cash income level. Everything you need to do can be done through the Interface.
One star removed as they were quite insistent I should have a financial advisor, but eventually they relented and allowed me to manage the account myself.
I suppose they are still a little nervous releasing large funds direct to the client?
Every transaction taken produces a set of related documents, so you can see with transparency any charges applicable. I also noticed the fund balance was not depleting as quickly as I expected, I put this down to the work of the fund manager realizing half decent returns!

Reviewed on 18th July 2021
Kensweb's avatar
Kensweb

Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it on board and strive to improve the service we provide.

The above comment they obviously haven't taken on board as my 2nd experience of a few years ago is as bad as the first time. Unfortunately, my company pension is with these people. Their behaviour goes against all trading standards and simple courtesy. You try and get your entitled pension paid out. I wish you good luck. I had the opposite experience with Standard Life. They were absolutely brilliant.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Alf's avatar
Alf

Shockingly, criminally bad.

I have been trying to take my pension for three months, and the dreaded beast that is Aegon have been unwilling to release the funds to my annuity provider. This should have been done by the third week in January, and as of today 5/3/2021, they still haven't released the funds. Due to the long delay, I have lost the annuity rate that the annuity provider quoted me and they have given up chasing Aegon. I have been trying to make Aegon release the funds, but they are virtually uncontactable...phone is never answered, just held listening to music and on the one occasion that the webchat wasn't busy, the person didn't have the know-how to answer my questions. Email asking them to release the funds was ignored. Statements they have sent me are wrong, GMP not mentioned, only mentioned as a means to block fund release 8 weeks into process. So I'm at my wits end, and to make it worse, the fund value had fallen precipitously in this time. This is beyond incompetent, it's criminal.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Shockingly, criminally bad.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Inept and uncaring

Invested for decades via my employer (no choice in this). Treated as part of a cash cow. Fund managers should be named and shamed.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Absolutely Disheartened

Invested for my pension for almost 21 years - absolutely disheartened at this company’s lack of regard in good investment on behalf of customers.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Clear information

Good service, easy to get information and keep up to date with pension.

Reviewed on 17th November 2020