Aegon Pension Reviews

Ratings based on 65 reviews       Last review 6 days ago

Aegon pension reviews written by Smart Money People like you. For many of us, our pension is an important part of our financial future. Finding a pension provider that you can trust and rely on is a must for many people. Take a look at our Aegon pension reviews to find out what life at Aegon is really like. If you hold this pension, we'd love you to write an honest review here too!

Good

Aegon Review Insight

Your Pension Reviews

Review Aegon's Pension now

Excellent service, thorough and precise.

Around 12 mths ago, I requested my pension be crystallised to provide a lump sum and varying monthly drawdowns to suit my needs. The company handled everything perfectly and the request was set up in a matter of weeks. The web-interface is intuitive and allows switching in and out of multiple funds and setting the monthly cash income level. Everything you need to do can be done through the Interface.
One star removed as they were quite insistent I should have a financial advisor, but eventually they relented and allowed me to manage the account myself.
I suppose they are still a little nervous releasing large funds direct to the client?
Every transaction taken produces a set of related documents, so you can see with transparency any charges applicable. I also noticed the fund balance was not depleting as quickly as I expected, I put this down to the work of the fund manager realizing half decent returns!

Reviewed on 18th July 2021
Kensweb's avatar
Kensweb

Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it on board and strive to improve the service we provide.

The above comment they obviously haven't taken on board as my 2nd experience of a few years ago is as bad as the first time. Unfortunately, my company pension is with these people. Their behaviour goes against all trading standards and simple courtesy. You try and get your entitled pension paid out. I wish you good luck. I had the opposite experience with Standard Life. They were absolutely brilliant.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Alf's avatar
Alf

Shockingly, criminally bad.

I have been trying to take my pension for three months, and the dreaded beast that is Aegon have been unwilling to release the funds to my annuity provider. This should have been done by the third week in January, and as of today 5/3/2021, they still haven't released the funds. Due to the long delay, I have lost the annuity rate that the annuity provider quoted me and they have given up chasing Aegon. I have been trying to make Aegon release the funds, but they are virtually uncontactable...phone is never answered, just held listening to music and on the one occasion that the webchat wasn't busy, the person didn't have the know-how to answer my questions. Email asking them to release the funds was ignored. Statements they have sent me are wrong, GMP not mentioned, only mentioned as a means to block fund release 8 weeks into process. So I'm at my wits end, and to make it worse, the fund value had fallen precipitously in this time. This is beyond incompetent, it's criminal.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Shockingly, criminally bad.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Inept and uncaring

Invested for decades via my employer (no choice in this). Treated as part of a cash cow. Fund managers should be named and shamed.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Absolutely Disheartened

Invested for my pension for almost 21 years - absolutely disheartened at this company’s lack of regard in good investment on behalf of customers.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Clear information

Good service, easy to get information and keep up to date with pension.

Reviewed on 17th November 2020
Sophie Boyce's avatar
Sophie Boyce

Website

I find the website gives a clear account of my investment and is up to date

Reviewed on 11th November 2020
Tony Brown's avatar
Tony Brown

Pension

I have had a pension with Aegon for the last 7 years. Aegon have very good at keeping me updated with the value of my pension. Their online platform works really well.

Reviewed on 10th November 2020
Karen Rose's avatar
Karen Rose

Returns are as expected

Use a financial adviser who recommended Aegon and manages the account. Returns are as expected and account transparent with regular updates.

Reviewed on 5th November 2020
Peter Marshall's avatar
Peter Marshall

Easy to use transparent online platform

I have found the pension platform really easy to access online and it is easy to change funds etc as and when you wish. Charges seem reasonable so far although it is up to individuals to be informed to some extent to avoid higher charges. Having had to recently deal with 3 other financial companies who seem incapable of making my money apparent to see on a suitable online platform, I am more impressed with Aegon's own.

Alicia's avatar
Alicia

retiready a useful tool

retiready is very good, but adding extra cash outside the normal work route is not very easy

AndyH's avatar
AndyH

Good experience

Really good no issues managing my pension

Ste's avatar
Ste

Happy with where my money is

Using aegon through my financial advisor. Seems fine regular updates. No issues at present

Kasie's avatar
Kasie

Good compnay provider pension support

Aegon is used by my company for staff pensions. I have found them to be a good investor for the funds they hold and keep me updated with information on my pension fund as I near retirement.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2020
Chris Putt's avatar
Chris Putt

Pension Fund

Aegon is used by my institution for staff pensions. I have found them to be a good investor for the funds they hold and keep me updated with information on my pension fund as I near retirement.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2020
Carmel Stevenson's avatar
Carmel Stevenson

So far so good... would recommend.

I have only used the Aegon service to put away a lump some of money so far, which was straight forward. I have not had much in way of other interaction other the regular statements and the opportunity to join the Aegon community which has help prompt me into giving money matters a bit more thought which cannot be a bad thing.

Reviewed on 30th October 2020
Ian Cooke's avatar
Ian Cooke

Good Sensible Pension Plan

I've had my Aegon Account for many years. Whilst the website itself is still a little in the dark ages, the service itself is good.

Natalie B's avatar
Natalie B

Technology is Key

I have had a Aegon pension for a number of years, recent technology upgrades from them have made it far easier to keep track

T Sanders's avatar
T Sanders

I have had my pension with them for over 10 years. It was an employer pension and when I left that company I could have moved the pot but have been happy in the years since to stick with them. Great customer service and communication and with the online service is easy to keep track of the pension performance. Happy to recommend.

Nichola O'Hara's avatar