Halifax Clarity Credit Card Reviews

If you're wondering whether the Halifax Clarity Credit Card is right for you, read our reviews from customers who already have the popular card. Our community reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Clarity card, which will help you make an informed decision about whether or not you should choose Halifax. Already have the Clarity credit card? Please write your own review and share your experiences with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone - but we need your help!

Halifax Review Insight

Fees & Charges

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Clarity Credit Card Reviews

Review Halifax's Clarity Credit Card now

The most sensible travel money method

I got this card (my first and only credit card, I try to avoid them generally) specifically because it has the best rates for spending money abroad. Best of all, there is no charge for withdrawing cash from ATMs overseas- so I only use it when abroad, and pay it off in full each month. Using this saves me loads of money which would have been spent on fees, commissions etc when using my debit card, or bureaux de change.

I've had very little reason to contact customer services, but on the one occasion i did, they were helpful and quick to sort things out. I'd recommend this for anyone who spends even a little time oversea, for business or pleasure.

Reviewed on 10th August 2015
AndrewD's avatar
AndrewD
Editors Choice

Wouldn't leave the UK without It!

Take all your travel cards and bin them... clarity isthe way to go!

Reviewed on 28th July 2021
Ben Jeffs's avatar
Ben Jeffs

Halifax lowered my credit limit

Halifax lowered customer credit limits for no valid reason. the Institution must improve the conditions of its clients or clients must be rewarded since without clients there are no institutions. Halifax wants disgruntled customers to be forced to spend their time making phone calls to complain or asked to write down their complaints, which in my opinion never produces a positive outcome for customers.
Whoever applies this strategy of deteriorating the conditions of customers clearly shows that he has no idea what customer service is all about.
The clients are what keep the institutions running without the clients there would be no institution.

Reviewed on 24th July 2021
Orlando Marquez's avatar
Orlando Marquez

Product easy to use, excellent customer service.

Have always found the card easy to use and financially beneficial. Plus, after once falling victim of a cyber crime, had instant help from the customer relations team. Bravo, and thank you.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Vladimir Naoumov's avatar
Vladimir Naoumov

Used to be great, but overtaken by competitors, and customer service is woeful

I originally got a Clarity card for use abroad. There are now other products that offer far greater benefits, so my card sits unused. Customer service has been dreadful whenever I’ve had reason to contact Halifax, and their app is woeful compared to others that I use. Not recommended.

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
cmsmith8's avatar
cmsmith8

Incredible service, great card

0% fees when travelling, and Halifax has always been good to me.

Reviewed on 24th February 2021
Jimjim's avatar
Jimjim

Excellent Card for Travel

We have used our clarity Card Safe and Secure for many happy holidays... it gives us the best currency exchange rates and is so convenient... an essential travel companion

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Michael Gill's avatar
Michael Gill

No issues

Have used in UK and abroad, had no issues.

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Kimberley Burton's avatar
Kimberley Burton

Good overseas spending card

I got a Halifax Clarity Card to use on holiday abroad, so I wouldn’t be charged foreign exchange fees. I was really pleased to find that the exchange rate is actually better than I could get for changing my cash in advance, so avoids having to change too much cash and then lose out if I have any left.

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Julie Alderson's avatar
Julie Alderson

GREAT CARD

Very Good Exchange rate for withdrawing Cash Abroad

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Sylvia Gill's avatar
Sylvia Gill

Excellent card with low fees

Never had a problem with halifax! Excellent credit card, helped me around the world and still cheap at the end of the month!

Reviewed on 6th July 2020
N-mob's avatar
N-mob

CREDIT CARD CUSTOMER SERVICE APPALLING

THE CREDIT CARD IN ITSELF IS GOOD FOR USE ABROAD. BUT if you get a problem customer service is ignorant. I had over £1000 in credit in my account which i had written to them in writing several times to return my money, four months later no response, so I wrote a formal complaint suddenly my money was back in my account but still no letter of apology nothing. Also had my card blocked so many times, I write due to disability you get no response, you ask for reasonable adjustment and nothing is done so very discriminatory as a whole as no facilities for people who can't use phones due to disability, the bank staff have no answer either or do anything about it. My Father now is trying to get his money back under section 75 being sold faulty goods, two and a half months later still not even acknowledgment of the letter so now going to formal complaint and ombudsman if he has too.

Reviewed on 17th June 2020
justwannahelp's avatar
justwannahelp

Great credit card and great customer service!

I have always had great customer service from Halifax, I really like the Clarity credit card for travel and any other service I've ever had from them has been great.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2020
Lollo88's avatar
Lollo88

Halifax covid 19 card "holiday"

My elderly Parents recieved an email asking if they wish to take a payment holiday because of the awful situation and they didn't know whether we between the family would get out and be able to pay their clarity card invoices as they would be on total lockdown.

The last 2 months we have managed to get out and pay them in full yet Halifax have still charged interest even though they should not because they agreed to take a payment holiday.

They payment holiday is being used by Halifax as an excuse to charge vulnerable people and of course charge interest which has not been accrued.

Making money in such a way while making out it is somehow helping you is totally despicable and as such we will be getting legal advice.

You should be ashamed

Reviewed on 26th May 2020
Martin Chandler's avatar
Martin Chandler

Good for spending abroad, bad for paying off early

This is a great credit card for spending while abroad at a really good rate. I was a big fan but then they changed the system for paying off the debt early (it would no longer reduce the direct debit charge, and I kept ending up in credit) and if you wanted to stop paying twice you had to cancel and restart the direct debit each time which is just a massive hassle. This wouldn't be such a problem if it weren't for the fact that ATM withdrawals start charging interest straight away, insentivising you to pay that debt back as soon as possible.

Reviewed on 16th May 2020
cm95's avatar
cm95

A great little credit card (especially abroad)

I love my Halifax Clarity credit card in the UK but it really comes into its own when I'm abroad. I can pay for things and withdraw money without worrying about hidden charges. I'm charged the same as I would be in Blighty! Happy days!

Reviewed on 10th May 2020
Tigerpants's avatar
Tigerpants

Foreign Holiday card

Clarity card is great for using abroad as you get the exchange rate on the day ad no charge for using it.

Reviewed on 30th April 2020
Geoffrey Brewis-levie's avatar
Geoffrey Brewis-levie

Great Card for abroad

This is a great card to use when travelling abroad, there is no fee when used as a credit card, never go anwhere without it

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
julie.feathers@googlemail.com's avatar
julie.feathers@googlemail.com

clarity

never ever a problem works every time

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Alan Bristow's avatar
Alan Bristow

Great credit card for travelling

The Clarity Credit card has been incredibly useful while going overseas. It converts one currency into GBP so I'm not charged any fees, which has made my life a lot easier while travelling.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020