John Lewis Home Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 27 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago
  Visit website

John Lewis home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did John Lewis handle your home insurance claim? Our John Lewis home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with John Lewis? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

John Lewis Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review John Lewis's Home Insurance now

so far so good...

This is in part a comment on 2 recent reviews. Mike's experience below is known as "price walking". They've all been doing it. I've had the exact same experience with Direct Line. Switched to John Lewis just today. Better policy for less than half the renewal quote. Let's hope that the FCA's long-awaited new rules stop penalising loyalty...

As to Stefan Phillips's lament about the policy wording for theft - whoever you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. Nobody's home insurance works like that. Just to be sure, I asked the question today. It turns out that JL's theft coverage is just like everybody else's. They all specify that the house should not be unoccupied for more than x consecutive days. Typically 30 or 60 days. Unless your grocery shopping trips take longer than the x days, you should be fine.

Reviewed on 11th September 2021
JB-Abingdon's avatar
JB-Abingdon

Do not renew your home insurance with John Lewis

We have been with John Lewis home insurance for the past 4 years, we received our renewal quote of £722.04. This showed an increase on the previous year. We made an enquiry on a comparison site and received exactly the same cover with a lower excess figure for £298.32 this was with Nationwide Building Society. We then discovered the policy was underwritten by RSA which is the same company that under wrote the John Lewis policy. Moreover paying by monthly direct debit incurs zero interest with Nationwide and 21.1% interest with John Lewis. My summary is: A massive rip-off don't use John Lewis for home insurance.

Reviewed on 26th July 2021
Mike 's avatar
Mike

Home insurance to avoid

I just purchased the gold cover for buildings and contents insurance from John Lewis. Everything seemed fine until after I paid and they sent the policy... Read more

I just purchased the gold cover for buildings and contents insurance from John Lewis. Everything seemed fine until after I paid and they sent the policy wording.
The bottom line is that nothing is insured if I leave the house.
I called the John Lewis representative and gave an example of the policy wording for Theft or attempted theft, here is states that you are not covered whilst your home is unoccupied.
The example I gave was, so I go to do my grocery shopping and whilst I am out my home is Brocken into and I am burgled, John Lewis confirmed on the telephone that I would NOT be covered for any items stolen.
What a scam. How many people can be short changed here is they do not carefully read the policy wording.
I am left speechless with John Lewis that they provide this exceptionally deceitful and poor service.

Reviewed on 10th June 2021
Stefan Phillips's avatar
Stefan Phillips

Rip Off

Home insurance... Read more

Home insurance scam.
Check the small print! you will find out you are not covered for half that you think.
Unprofessional from the start, came out and broke all covid rules and guidelines, stated we would be covered if we could supply boundary information to confirm, when supplied made more excuses and demands to try and get out of settling the claim, even though we have been told we are not even covered for half of it as its in the small print!
If you have a electric bike, you are not covered even if you pay extra for bike cover! Rip-off
The customer service is awful we will certainly be looking for a new insurer.

Reviewed on 28th April 2021
ward998's avatar
ward998

Great customer service

No problem with the company. Have been with them for 8 years.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Denise 's avatar
Denise

Friendly and approachable

Tt have always been helpful giving me the best deal for my circumstances.

Reviewed on 30th July 2019
Claudie 's avatar
Claudie

easy

uncomplicated procedure to get a quote and instigate insurance. Enquiries were answered simply. Fair price with cash-back.

Reviewed on 6th July 2019
Lucky Nigel Cat's avatar
Lucky Nigel Cat

No problems

Never had any issues with the and they gave me the best deal

Reviewed on 4th July 2019
Reuben's avatar
Reuben

Great value

Great value for money and great support with any queries we may have

Reviewed on 2nd September 2018
Sbrar's avatar
Sbrar

Great service levels

Easy to get through and help work through quotes and renewals. When required for home emergency cover all handled very well.

Reviewed on 1st July 2018
Nick Barnett's avatar
Nick Barnett

Worst Insurance ever

House Burgled and 4 months after still not resolved. They have lost documentation on 3 separate occasions. For irreplaceable items of jewellery they have for cash undercut their low valuation by 53 per cent. This is on their Premium Service. We are old age pensioners and found the burglary highly stressful. This is 100 times worse

Reviewed on 11th May 2018
Paul's avatar
Paul

worse ever home insurance

Worst experience for Home Contents Insurance I have come across. We had a leak from the upstairs neighbours flat in august 2017. We have just had a baby so getting all this sorted asap was key. I had also mentioned this to the... Read more

Worst experience for Home Contents Insurance I have come across. We had a leak from the upstairs neighbours flat in august 2017. We have just had a baby so getting all this sorted asap was key. I had also mentioned this to the insurers.

We had sent everything the insurance had asked for including any receipts that we had. Yet still they ask for receipts for items such as duvets, sheets, cheap costume jewellery which we have told countless times we do not have as this is not something we keep in receipts.

They brought in a company RENEW to look at our carpets and initially refused to change the carpet in the baby's room even though the carpet was completely flooded with waste waster. After much arguing we managed to get the carpet replaced.

Apart from this, nothing else has been done. We have been without a BED to sleep on until now (NOV 8 2017). We have had to buy our baby a new COT ourselves as they have yet to pay this.

They refused to pay for our damaged electric blinds and remote control which we were told the buildings insurance was responsible. We spoke to the buildings insurance company and they had said no this is part of contents. Our buildings insurance company when they were notified they completed their work within 2 weeks.

Insurance company is not John lewis, it is underwritten from some other insurance company LMG. So no, you will not receive any replaced items from John Lewis.

I do advise to AVOID this company and look at the more reputable Insurance Companies out there who actually care about their customers.

Reviewed on 8th November 2017
Llew ramos's avatar
Llew ramos

Home Insurance

We have a combined home contents and buildings insurance with John Lewis and they seemed to be pleasant to deal with and competitive quotes

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
Pauline Dring's avatar
Pauline Dring

Superb Value from people who care

An excellent level cover at a sensible price all offered by a name we trust

Reviewed on 12th September 2017
Joanne Williams-Impry's avatar
Joanne Williams-Impry

Easy, Professional and Competitive

Simple sign-up and renewal all backed up by the strength of the trusted John Lewis brand. Price is always competitive and communication is excellent. Recommended.

Reviewed on 29th August 2017
Robert Young's avatar
Robert Young

Trust

John Lewis never let us down;they are efficient, good value, and unfailingly polite ,and great to deal with. Would reccomend them every time. TIM PLUCK

Reviewed on 16th August 2017
Tim Pluck's avatar
Tim Pluck

Best home insurance you can buy.

They cover everything we have, new for old and they are easy to deal with. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 27th July 2017
Gabriel Bienzobas Mauraza's avatar
Gabriel Bienzobas Mauraza

John Lewis excellent for Home Insurance

Excellent value for money and very friendly and helpful customer service. Good cover of insurance available.

Reviewed on 16th July 2017
Julia 's avatar
Julia

Quality home insurance

The amount of cover provided is astounding when compared to other insurance companies. The cost might be the lowest on the market, but the cover is the best that I have ever... Read more

The amount of cover provided is astounding when compared to other insurance companies. The cost might be the lowest on the market, but the cover is the best that I have ever had.
Insured for contents, building and out of home, peace of mind fully protected.
The fact that the policy is offered by John Lewis is a bonus in my book.

Reviewed on 5th July 2017
Andy Melarkey's avatar
Andy Melarkey

Wouldn't insure me!

I tried to get a quote for contents insurance as my Grandmother had previously had good rates for her buildings insurance with them. ... Read more

However, they wouldn't insure me as the postcode was in an area at risk of flooding even though I live in a 2nd floor flat, a long way from the river. My Grandmother, who lives closer to the river than me, in a bungalow did get insurance!

Reviewed on 28th December 2016