LV - Liverpool Victoria Home Insurance Reviews

Visit website

LV - Liverpool Victoria home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did LV - Liverpool Victoria handle your home insurance claim? Our LV - Liverpool Victoria home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with LV - Liverpool Victoria? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

LV - Liverpool Victoria Review Insight

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review LV - Liverpool Victoria's Home Insurance now

An absolute godsend

During a pretty vicious storm here in the Highlands we lost part of our roof during the night. It was only in the morning when I left the house that I found the whole roof ridge with one end hanging from the roof and the other in the front garden surrounded by various slates and other stuff. We live quite close to the main road and I was worried that due to the ongoing high winds we were going to lose the rest of the roof and possibly injure a passer by or driver. I needn't have worried.!

I knew that LV were my insurers but couldn't find my policy documents or any details but when I spoke to them, they found all my info in seconds.! They asked if I had a roofer I wanted to use or would they get on for me. I decided to use a local chap and all I had to do was give him a ring. He came out and looked at the job, sent photos by email to LV and they phoned him 5 mins later to tell him to carry on with the job. I was absolutely gobsmacked..!
They also phoned me a day or two later just to check if we had suffered any water damage to our belongings stored in the loft. I just don't think you can beat that for service.

We hear so many horror stories about how difficult insurance companies can be but LV were wonderful. They were calm, re-assuring and got the job done without drama or panic over the cost.

I just wouldn't go anywhere else.

Reviewed on 13th August 2016
Martha Chisholm's avatar
Martha Chisholm
Editors Choice

Terrible Communication

I initially went with LV because it had good reviews and a reasonable quote. Unfortunately I had water leak, the first call I had was really good and positive. I was put in contact with a Company LV use to carry out repairs. They came around and did a detailed inspection and could not pin point the exact problem. Now that was on around 15 October 2020, They took sample out of my wall and left. Fast foreword until 19 Nov 2020, I have tried and tried to get them to let know what was happening, assured a phone call back nothing. I managed to get hold of someone who was helpful and he explained there was a letter in the post. I got him to Email me the letter and to my astonishment I have basically be accused of fraud. I had a leak nearly 3 years ago and now they want me to produce receipts and quotes for the work that was carried out. I wrote back explaining that I have not got any but told them to look at the last time I had a leak it was different part of the house. I am now waiting for a reply but the way they have been so far with communication I doubt that I will hear back. It looks like I will have to go to the Ombudsman. I have never in all my years been so angry, i have been left with an unusable bathroom and bedroom.

Reviewed on 19th November 2020
Rob's avatar
Rob

Despite slogan they have no heart

We had our house insurance through Legal and General which was taken over by LV in January 20. In June we contacted L&G as we were concerned about possible subsidence to our home. After a very lengthy time scale due to a difference of opinion between L&G's subsidence team, who, after 3 attempts finally agreed to send a structural engineer out, but sent a surveyor round instead, and our own independent structural engineer as recommended by our builder we were informed that whether it was subsidence or settlement made no difference and we were not covered.

As such, at a time when so many people are struggling financially due to Coronavirus, and at a time when lots of people are having issues with their mental health and emotional well being, we have been hit with a bill of thousands of pounds for an issue in our house that we were completely unaware of when we moved in, despite having a survey done. And an issue which is 100% not our fault. I am disgusted that we are not covered. And that L&G's policy makes the wording in their policy so ambiguous. We were certainly not aware that something so important and expensive is deliberately left out of policies and the insurance company do not make this clear for their customers. LV have the slogan 'It's our heart that sets us apart' I find this highly ironic. They are like any other insurance company. They have no heart!

Reviewed on 28th September 2020
J Hutchinson 's avatar
J Hutchinson

No quibble service

Always helpful when in need of making a claim

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Joe loftus's avatar
Joe loftus

excellent insurance

excellent insurance offering very good value ,best prices

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
James Irwin's avatar
James Irwin

Lovely Company to Deal With

Their customer service is second to none. Prompt settlement and reasonable premiums. I wouldn't want to go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Mike Peach's avatar
Mike Peach

Great value

Saved £100 on my renewal. Great service

Reviewed on 16th July 2020
Letty Baker's avatar
Letty Baker

Great value for money Easy to purchase

Reviewed on 27th June 2020
Gary Chauntry's avatar
Gary Chauntry

House Insurance and more!

I have been with LV for house insurance in the past but recently I had to change my motorbike insurance and LV were the only company prepared to give me a realistic price on my premium! So once my house insurance was up for renewal I contacted them and the service I received was second to none. The process was easy and the customer support that I have experienced has been professional, friendly and efficient. Not to mention that the price I was given for my house insurance premium was great aswell!

Thankyou LV again I really wouldn’t be able to have the bike I wanted without you. I hope I am able to insure all my household with you in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed on 24th June 2020
Calum 's avatar
Calum

mouse infestation

i had a mouse infestation. Over 2 weeks i had 10 burst water pipes chewed by mice i had pipes repaired by british gas insurance. I rand lv to deal with water damage .They said did it happen... Read more

on same day . No over 2 weeks oh so your xs is £350 so time 10 your xs for repair is £3500 what a great deal

Reviewed on 6th December 2019
Denis Edwards's avatar
Denis Edwards

Liars, liars, liars

We had car insurance with them for 7... Read more

We had car insurance with them for 7 years.
We got a home insurance with them this year not knowing if we start it 2 days before the another expire then none of the insurance company will pay for us (which we found out is another lie too). So we called them and the guy who we talked to said he will just change the date on the insurance on the date. We got an email from them they cancelled the old policy and they will send the new one shortly. Hours later we still didn't get anything. Then we decided to sign into our account and there was a higher quote (and legal expenses wasn't even included in it). The guy didn't even mention we will have to go online and sign up for a new, more expensive contract, he just said he will change the date and he even wrote in the email we will get the new one (without doing anything from our side). So we called back the LV and for about 15 minutes talk on the phone they were still not able to fix the problem, and they tried to tell us we will have to pay for the more expensive new insurance even though it was their fault, because they lied to us. So next year when we will have our renewal date for our car insurance we will go to another insurance company with that too. Very very very bad customer service, You want us to pay for Your own fault. You should fire that customer service representative and train Your workers the right way.
Oh and we wanted pet insurance with them also, but no way.

Reviewed on 4th December 2019
Aafrica's avatar
Aafrica

The best insurance company

Our bungalow was devastated by an electrical fire in the... Read more

Our bungalow was devastated by an electrical fire in the loft.
LV provided a loss adjuster who could not have been more professional and sympathetic. The company given the task of reinstating our property to its former glory could not have been more efficient and competent . Overall i can only say that I would thoroughly recommend LV as an insurance company that doesn’t nit pick and gets the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
At a very challenging time they can be relied upon to deliver a service second to none.

Reviewed on 5th September 2019
John Lacy's avatar
John Lacy

easy to deal with and good value product

I've been insuring with LV for several years and they offer discount with multiple products, such as car and travel insurance. Their policies are easy to understand, good value, don't increase dramatically on renewal, and if you need to contact them they are very approachful and helpful, and I'd heard very good reviews from people who have had to make a claim that they are quick and easy to deal with then too.

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
suenatal's avatar
suenatal

Easy Peasy

Very reasonable prices and easy to sign up.

Reviewed on 31st August 2019
RottieMum 's avatar
RottieMum

Fine and reasonably priced

Fine for contents insurance, easy to do online, cheap enough. Haven't needed to use them for claiming so unsure of level of service that may be available in those circumstances.

Reviewed on 28th July 2019
Squarm's avatar
Squarm

reliable

have reinsured with LV for years as it is a straightforward process with solid cover and the price is competitive every year

Reviewed on 8th July 2019
racheybr's avatar
racheybr

Professional, efficient and competitive!

They quoted a competitive price, documents soon received in post. All details clear and straightforward, could add further items to insurance if required. Received a discount as we already hold a motor insurance policy with them. Recommended.

Frances Heaton's avatar
Frances Heaton

Great Value, Easy to Buy

I chose LV when my current home insurance providers renewal price went up a lot from the previous year. LV's website was easy to navigate, clear and great value considering it is from a trusted and well known company.

Stacey's avatar
Stacey

Brilliantly affordable and straightforward contents insurance

Very happy with LV. By far the best deal on contents assurance and premium goes down even more year by year.

London Em's avatar
London Em

No hassles when you need something fixed

About to complete sale of previous house and found a major leak in en-suite bathroom. LV sent surveyor out same day and started repair and worked with new owner of property to ensure that repairs were completed promptly and properly.

Allan Mees's avatar