MORE THAN Home Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 94 reviews       Last review 5 days ago
  Visit website

MORE THAN home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did MORE THAN handle your home insurance claim? Our MORE THAN home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with MORE THAN? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Good

MORE THAN Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review MORE THAN's Home Insurance now

Home Insurance that doesn't insure anything and customer service to match

I am really not sure where to start really. Everything was fine with More Than until I had a bath room leak and tried to actually use the insurance.... Read more

Primary issue being two fold, 1. Emergency cover doesnt cover emergencies, 2. Claims are handled by third party loss adjusters who simply dont care.

1st issue being I woke up faced with a flood occuring into my kitchen from my bathroom. I call the More Than emergency line (goes through to a third party provider). How long do you wait before you give up while watching your house flood? Needless to say an hour and a half later and I gave up to call a plumber who was out and flood fixed in under 30 mins. The issue is I asked for my £300 call out fee back seeing as I was let down by them for a product I had paid for and tried to save them money in averting more damage. I was told by a call centre jobs worth that they understood the problem and would get it sorted. Month and a half later, both More Than and the third party emergency cover provider refuse to pay my call out cost because I didnt call them first and wasnt approved by them even though for all intents and purposes I couldn't. I will admit that the morning I was trying to call was also the morning after a big storm so I appreciate they where busy. That would have been fine if I was reimbursed but I was told that was not going to happen.

2nd. Building Validation Services (BVS) are the survey/loss adjusters my claim was given to to handle. Long and the short of it is they are just that. Over a month later and I still havent been paid out because they are still trying yo argue what damage they are and aren't liable for. The surveyor was rude and unprofessional and most importantly missed half of the problems. They wont admit they are wrong but the statement of work has changed twice now to include all the hits they missed or tried to get away with not fixing the first time. Please please be aware with these people, I cant be 100% sure if its just their business strategy, fraud or incompetence but if you take their first offer it will be much less than the actual damage!

The really funny bit, BVS continue to phone me and leave voucemails even though I have told them 3 times I am deaf and cant talk to them on the phone even if I wanted to!

So all in all my experience with More Than has been Less Than satisfactory. Will make all effort now to avoid any company underwritten by the RSA Group seeing as they all seem to have the same customer service.

Reviewed on 15th January 2022
Chris Clarke's avatar
Chris Clarke

Absolutely disgusting company

They are scammers. They don’t want to pay for claim because they need more information but quest what? They don’t say what information they need

Reviewed on 15th January 2022
Justyna Wieczorek's avatar
Justyna Wieczorek

Scammers

3 weeks of waiting to get a toilet fixed .

Reviewed on 15th October 2021

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
Gary Hughes 's avatar
Gary Hughes

Appalling Service

Avoid at all costs. Terrible Customer service. Hours on the phone waiting to speak to someone.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
chris's avatar
chris

Read the small print as alot is not covered.

Not actually sure what More Than insure as I've had 2 claims over the last 3 years and have had to pay the majority of the bill on both occasions - oh and obviously the insurance premiums go up to.... Read more

In one instance we had water damage on a bedroom ceiling caused by a leak in toilet above it. More Than DO NOT cover fixing the actual leak in the toilet/pipe, also there is a £350 excess on water damage as well. I will not be renewing as it is a literal waste of money.

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
Ben's avatar
Ben

Useless

I made my first call for an emergency plumber at around 7.45am and received a text saying the plumber would arrive by 5pm (they said this was longer than the expected 4 hour window due to high demand). I explained there was a hole near my boiler which was leaking water and had bored through the ceiling. I called back at twice at 4.30pm and 5.15pm to chase up the plumber and to report further water leakage through the ceiling and light fittings in my kitchen. At 7pm I called again and was advised someone would come 'very soon'.

At 10pm no action had been taken. I called again to explain the situation was only worsening, I didn't know whether I could use my boiler so was very cold in my house and we had had to switch off the water tap hours ago to prevent the dripping. There is now water damage on my ceiling.

Then only £200 for an emergency night time call out was guaranteed for using an own tradesman despite this being a totally unrealistic number. Apparently every time your trades people were contacted it was reported to me that they were unreachable (and going to voicemail) with no back up plan or alternative source of traders, leaving me no choice, but to call an independent tradesman as the problem was urgent and worsening. I think in a big city like Manchester, having only one source of tradespeople is not good enough and ultimately led to a complete lack of service, despite me having paid for my insurance.

I then had to call back at 11pm to report this to the network manager and explain the costs were more than double (£445 Vs £200). After 1 hour on hold with no updates and at a quarter last midnight I gave up and hung up.

I think the above is very unacceptable: I was unable to leave the property all day, had to cancel work meetings to be on hold to try and sort the situation out. I was unable to have a shower or flush the toilet. I had to call 6 times in one day, several times being placed on hold with no updates for 35 minutes at a time (on at least 3 calls) and in the end there was ultimately no service in an emergency situation and I had to sort it out myself. I was advised on the final 10pm call that it was extremely unlikely that a plumber would attend my property until the next day.

At 7.45am I could have independently sorted this out immediately (the plumbers I called arrived within 30 minutes and sorted the job out within an hour) and avoided further water damage, had I not been beholden to use your tradespeople and extraordinarily slow 'emergency service'.

This is my first ever call out with More Than and I am incredibly disappointed.

Reviewed on 16th February 2021
Delia's avatar
Delia

Disgraceful service avoid at all costs

Despite Morethan and their advent BV Solutions agreement of water damage claim to bathroom and kitchen in August 2020 they have completely ignored the claim still fighting them through ombudsman 31 January 2021 disgraceful avoid at all cost

Reviewed on 31st January 2021
S Simcock's avatar
S Simcock

Flood Damange

2 months down the line still noting wont reply to emails wont be renewing next time

Reviewed on 9th November 2020
roz's avatar
roz

happy to par

when i had a break in they were more than an insurance company to me. They made it easy made me feel at ease and not to worry. nothing seemed to hard or difficult to do or be done

Reviewed on 14th September 2020
Peter B Wardle's avatar
Peter B Wardle

Worst web site ever!

The More Than web site once you find the login is pretty basic and only showed me minimum information about my insurance + looked like it was developed back in the late 90's. Luckily I did not need to make a claim and I moved on to another provider.

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
ChrisUltra's avatar
ChrisUltra

Unhelpful

Never claimed before, had a leak into our kitchen and More Than didn’t want to know! The whole experience was stressful and upsetting! Definitely a company to avoid!

Reviewed on 27th June 2020
Rita Williams's avatar
Rita Williams

Untrustworthy and deceitful

I have just found that there is a blocked drain at my home, the main outlet to the public sewer, with raw sewage gathering in the garden. The local water board were very helpful and tried to clear it at no charge but, because the blockage is on my property, could do no more. I was not too concerned because I had a MORE TH>N (part of RSA) Home Insurance policy, for both contents and buildings cover, and also including something called Home Emergency Assistance. The wording of the policy describing what is covered by Home Emergency Assistance left me in no doubt that this situation would be covered and I confidently called MORE TH>N.
I was then told by MORE TH>N that this situation would not be covered, the reasons being that there was no damage to the inside of the property and no risk to health and safety etc. Given that the nature of the blockage is that all the drains in and around the house appear to be backed up with gurgling noises are coming from the downstairs sink drains and toilet, it sounds to me as if it is highly likely that sewage will start to come into the house through these. Yet, I was told, this is not considered an emergency! It was suggested that if something changes and damage results that I call back! Essentially, I was on my own. How is that for customer care?
On the basis that this situation is not covered, I feel that I have been misled into buying this insurance policy.
I have just looked at some of the other reviews of this company. I wish I had looked before taking out the policy! Be warned. This is not a company I would ever do business with again.

I have awarded 1 star because it wasn't possible to give no stars....but that is what they truly deserve.

Reviewed on 3rd December 2019
papiotos's avatar
papiotos

***POTENTIAL POLICY BUYER BEWARE***

***POTENTIAL POLICY BUYER... Read more

***POTENTIAL POLICY BUYER BEWARE***
These guys will up your renewal by 200% if you auto renew. That wasn't the end of it for me as I cancelled before they had taken payment. I've had 5 phone calls to reinstate my 8 years no claims bonus, where I have been told different things on each call. Now on the fifth call currently where I've been on hold 10 minutes. Asked what time the complaints department were open, the advisor responded "today." Now advised that they open at 0900 and she will put me on hold for the 4 minutes until then... Useless, useless, useless. Postscript - still on hold 10 minutes later and 6 minutes after the complaints department are supposedly open. Customer service is outsourced to South Africa where they seem clueless (poor training). Spoke to resolution team in Sunderland who advised the notes -from outsourced foreign contact centre- he had read made no sense regarding my query. Needless to say he resolved the issue and emailed within a few hours. All in all what should have been a 48 hour turnaround (to get a letter confirming my correct NCB) was turned into a two week nightmarish hassle. DO NOT USE

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Samuel Z Dee's avatar
Samuel Z Dee

30 years and my policy more than doubled

I was with more than over 30 years. I have had 1 claim for less than 300 4 years ago. Last year they doubled my premium to over 70 month. I only live in a 2 bed terrace, no kids decent area, not London or city centre. They reduced it to 52 but was still 15 more a month more. This year they wanted 73. Attitude of CC advisor on phone was terrible. They then asked me to do a text questionnaire but wanted to charge for every answer I sent. Gone with direct line. Better cover and 35 month.

Reviewed on 23rd July 2019
Iiz's avatar
Iiz

Quick easy and cheap

Really quick process to switch over to morethan, and was one of the cheapest options!

Reviewed on 22nd July 2019
Lauren's avatar
Lauren

Excellent cover for a good price

Been with more than insurance for many years for both contents and house... Read more

Been with more than insurance for many years for both contents and house cover.
Always been happy with the great service I have received and always do a price search when I get my renewal , and find them very competitive.
Good friendly customer service when I have had to contact them ,and highly recommend their quality service .

Reviewed on 21st July 2019
Sharon pinner's avatar
Sharon pinner

Agreed to Settle then refused to pay up

Accident cover & and claimed for a damaged TV, said they would post out voucher to spend at Currys... never arrived citing wrong email address yet I used same email address to join more than home insurance... Read more

Accident cover & and claimed for a damaged TV, said they would post out voucher to spend at Currys... never arrived citing wrong email address yet I used same email address to join more than home insurance LOL..

3 weeks later and still no sign of payment but same old excuse blaming wrong email address. Then blaming me... Refused to post out nor send any correspondence relating to my claim which was completely suspicious and irregular

These guys are criminals and should be reported to FCA

Stay well clear

Reviewed on 30th April 2019
Michael Stanley's avatar
Michael Stanley

Very very poor terrible service

Very very poor ! Don’t stand over there offers! They told me the wrong excess, agreed a claim settlement then realised they had made an error and wouldn’t stand over it. I won’t be renewing my policy. Staff on the phone are very nice but their policies and complaints team are very poor. Not worth putting your belongings in the hands of. They misquoted my excess by £150.00 and now they have not paid me for my lost eyeglasses and won’t even do an interim payment. Call after call to them as they don’t respond to emails. The whole thing has been so unnecessarily stressful from
Start to finish and 18 days later with no payment for my glasses ... which are essential for daily living ! And no interim payment either which is finically disadvantageous. A very sorry sad mess because of MORETHAN and RSA.

Reviewed on 22nd February 2019
Peter Grey's avatar
Peter Grey

Stressful

Really stressful experience ,one hand does not know what the other is doing ,at 88 years old alone and nearly a lifetime with them I needed help, this morning I was put through to 3 diff phone lines waiting in queue each time (around 2 hours ) feeling absolutely whacked and still with same problem to sort alone myself .

Reviewed on 15th February 2019