NatWest Business Banking Reviews

Ratings based on 94 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

NatWest business banking reviews at Smart Money People are helping other business people to fund out what being a business banking customer at NatWest is really like. With business banking and aspects such as access to finance being so important to many business owners, Smart Money People is becoming the UK's leading source of NatWest business banking reviews. Remember that you can write yours too, and join our mission to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Business Banking Reviews

Review NatWest's Business Banking now

Excellent Customer Service

Staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

Reviewed on 17th August 2022
Madhu Katwala's avatar
Madhu Katwala

I would give natwest 0 stars if I could

I would give natwest 0 stars if I could. I am overseas and have been logged out of my bank account. I have supplied them with my: Sort code / account number / customer number / pin / address home / mothers maiden name and about 5 other specific deta Read more

I would give natwest 0 stars if I could.

Sort code / account number / customer number / pin / address home / mothers maiden name and about 5 other specific details.

They still won’t give me access, leaving me stranded overseas with no way of getting to my money. They say I need to receive a text when I try to log into the app, but I can’t because I have no signal.

As soon as I get home, I am cancelling the account.

Reviewed on 1st August 2022
G Silk's avatar
G Silk

Business Profile Mess

NatWest requesting these profiles is a nightmare, the web page sometimes opens with a blank page, you spend hours on the phone to achieve very little. They are requesting information they have had for years, which has not changed, why they dont just ask i Read more

NatWest requesting these profiles is a nightmare, the web page sometimes opens with a blank page, you spend hours on the phone to achieve very little. They are requesting information they have had for years, which has not changed, why they dont just ask if any details have changed? Probably thats to easy and the accountants handling this for NatWest (I think KPMG) wouldnt be able to charge an extortionate.

Reviewed on 22nd July 2022
Brian Acton's avatar
Brian Acton

dont do it, go somewhere else

lost my debit card,week later new one arrived,all good but for some reason they suspended my account,waited a week for a code, which could be sent by maiil,tex or email,guess which they used,then it didn't work,second one sent,didn't work, guess what,yep Read more

lost my debit card,week later new one arrived,all good but for some reason they suspended my account,waited a week for a code, which could be sent by maiil,tex or email,guess which they used,then it didn't work,second one sent,didn't work, guess what,yep that didn't work,so now we await the third code,which if and when i get it i have to ring them ? EMAIL,TEXT,please ,but not snail mail.
they say i can still travel the ten plus ,no sorry 12 plus to the nearest bank,as they closed the nearst two,and stand and sort y affairs,or use the cassh points ? did i mention i am disabled ? well if you are as well i would not recommend this lot.

Reviewed on 8th July 2022
carl williams's avatar
carl williams

Don't waste your time and money

I'm a business customer and I use Natwest Bankline and phone app daily. The app has some concerning faults - like showing doubled transactions - 60K bill payment doubled up will raise your heart rate in a second, this leads to going through and check pape Read more

I'm a business customer and I use Natwest Bankline and phone app daily. The app has some concerning faults - like showing doubled transactions - 60K bill payment doubled up will raise your heart rate in a second, this leads to going through and check paper statements one by one. The app also has a error message every time I try to create a payment template.

Using bankline on Google Chrome means that after the latest update you are not able to view standing orders, direct debits or payment summaries. Cache needs to be cleared weekly just to do basic banking.

Reporting this to Natwest is waste of time, you can do this via their chat which will kick you out when the connection is timed out. Even if you do manage to raise a complaint or feedback it takes weeks or months to be reviewed - and you don't get a confident reply - no refunds for the time you have wasted due NatWest errors.

Don't get me started on the "Business profile update" - it is impossible to get right if you have multiple companies due the disastrously badly designed program where you have to submit numerous documents. They will not inform you why the submission has failed and the phone waiting times are long, you will get cut off or they simply dont answer. But of course the Business Profile update is mandatory as they will freeze your account if you don't do it in time. As an example, I started the process for 3 companies in March, I've just got an email 1st of July to state 2 companies have been approved.

Do not use this bank for anything important.

Reviewed on 7th July 2022
Nina Malo's avatar
Nina Malo

Save yourself time and hassle to go somewhere else

Wish we had listened to the bad reviews here on how frustrating the process of opening/ registering a business account with Natwest which could of save us hours of frustrations on the phone calls with the staffs who are so limited with what they can do by Read more

Wish we had listened to the bad reviews here on how frustrating the process of opening/ registering a business account with Natwest which could of save us hours of frustrations on the phone calls with the staffs who are so limited with what they can do by the out dated system which obviously is broken. Took us 3 attempts over the courses of 3 weeks having completed the business banking online banking registration, and every single time the staffs were saying they haven't not received our applications; and there is a known fault/ error with the application system which apparently they cannot do anything about it. They can't escalate to management either. Absolutely no words to describe how terrible our experience with NW Business banking is!

Reviewed on 5th July 2022
Addam Lindeman's avatar
Addam Lindeman

Absolutely shocking system / process of opening a business account

Reviewed on 5th July 2022
Addam Lindeman's avatar
Addam Lindeman

fairly average

Natwest's recent validation and compliance process has been an ongoing nightmare, petty query afer petty query

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Martin Fallowfield's avatar
Martin Fallowfield

NAT West business

It's awful service all the way, the process is terrible and you cannot go into the branch to solve the issues. Appalling

Reviewed on 24th March 2022
Owen's avatar
Owen

Disgraceful

I have been trying to set up Internet banking for 2 months. Every time I call I am told it is sorted and I that I will hear back but nothing.

Reviewed on 4th March 2022
Leslie Coquet's avatar
Leslie Coquet

4 months and still waiting for business account to be opened

Been a customer for over 20 years and applied for a business bank account 4 months ago. Have made multiple calls and been been reassured each time that someone would be in touch but they haven't and I'm still waiting for the account to be opened. UNACCEPT Read more

Been a customer for over 20 years and applied for a business bank account 4 months ago. Have made multiple calls and been been reassured each time that someone would be in touch but they haven't and I'm still waiting for the account to be opened. UNACCEPTABLE AND INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!! Have now made a formal complaint and will be going elsewhere unless a miracle happens.

Reviewed on 1st March 2022
Suzanne Mcloughlin's avatar
Suzanne Mcloughlin

The Worst business bank

I was trying to open a business account with NatWest and they cancel with no reason, I Have two other accounts with different banks and I never had any problem with them, My opinion don't waste time with application because they're going to cancel anyway

Reviewed on 11th February 2022
Ermal Mula's avatar
Ermal Mula

Not treated very good

The experience I had from Natwest and RBS was awful. I am asked them for a request and went through so many departments. I was on hold for ages and they did not even help. I am going to take my custom somewhere else. Felt so humiliated

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
Superna Minhas's avatar
Superna Minhas

Nat west the best

Superb account and support mechanism. Great friendly staff at all times

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
Craig Robinson's avatar
Craig Robinson

Terrible bussiness banking

Has taken over 8 weeks to set up my account. No help over the phone, full of lies. Would give 0 stars if i could. Worst set up process and terrible customer service.

Reviewed on 19th December 2021
Arsalaan 's avatar
Arsalaan

Avoid Nat west bank

My self and my business partner open business account with nat west . We deposit money from our personal account to the buisness account in order to buy a van for our business. When we tried to biy the van they blocked our money and they told us they Read more

My self and my business partner open business account with nat west . We deposit money from our personal account to the buisness account in order to buy a van for our business. When we tried to biy the van they blocked our money and they told us they will call a police. This is management in Darlington branch . They left us with out work and effecting our company. What is the worse thing they have used my phone numbers 15 years ago which was not given in my new application.
When you phone them they tell you we can not talk about the account is under investigation.
Can you imagine the managment is letting you know that they will contact police. Imagine if you are criminal you will know police will come to you. I am opening new account and after they will investigate my new account just close my account with them.

Reviewed on 16th December 2021
Arben Kaba's avatar
Arben Kaba

Not interested in helping, just want to fine you as much as they can

Terrible customer service interaction. Whilst they may not realise or even understand that there is a serious global pandemic crisis going on, outside of their little wealthy unaffected bubble, their customer interaction is hopeless. They send back dated Read more

Terrible customer service interaction. Whilst they may not realise or even understand that there is a serious global pandemic crisis going on, outside of their little wealthy unaffected bubble, their customer interaction is hopeless. They send back dated threatening letters (so by the time you receive the letter via 'snail mail' then the time limit has expired, so they can bombard you with a variety of fines to line their already over-flowing pockets.
They ignore your emails and calls, and when they bombard everyone you have ever known with telephone calls, texts and emails while trying to get hold of you 'urgently', when you do get through to them, then you can't actually get an appointment for another week plus - I suppose so that they can bill you further fines. All good for their pension pots I guess.
AVOID

Reviewed on 20th June 2021
Ed 's avatar
Ed

Business Mandate over 6 weeks to resolve

Being a director of a local business my experience with NatWest is awful. Made several attempts to resolve bank mandate and resolve online access. Utter incompetence by Nat West and you cannot even deal with local branch these days. Appalling

Reviewed on 18th June 2021
Martin J G Stroud's avatar
Martin J G Stroud

Unobligated and unhelpful

Shocking and arrogant. The only two words you need to know. Don't worry that we rejected your application (no problem) Dont worry that it will take us a month to tell you this and only if you had to repeatedly call to find out for yourself. We don't giv Read more

We don't give you reasons, we don't give you any advice, just go away and I'll tell someone you're not happy. Not that it will do much btw......
Absolutely disgraceful

Reviewed on 10th June 2021
Paul Clifford's avatar
Paul Clifford

Business Customer of 6 Years, Cancelled Accounts

After the lockdown affected our business ability to operate Natwest started asking us for all sorts of documents relating to our business structure, information that we did not have to provide previously but was now of utmost importance - list of director Read more

After the lockdown affected our business ability to operate Natwest started asking us for all sorts of documents relating to our business structure, information that we did not have to provide previously but was now of utmost importance - list of directors, photo ID of directors, home address of directors, list of people with significant control, copies of DLA signed by our accountants, declaration of beneficial ownership.... We provided all of these and offered our own questions, such as why this was now necessary, why Natwest thought they had a right to our business details as they are just the bank that holds the money we have earned and what was their purpose for wanting these details. Every one of our questions went unanswered, the communication at Natwest to discuss these matters is worse than lacking it simply does not exist.
This month and without any notice or warning Natwest closed both my business current and VAT accounts, basically making it impossible for us to trade when we are legally allowed to do so again.
There is no one at the end of the phone at Natwest that can offer any assistance whatsoever with this matter. An email address does not exist, so there is conveniently no dated record of correspondence, I had to resort to (and I can't quite believe this) Facebook messenger to try and make contact, I received one reply which was deeply unhelpful and actually mostly consisted of more questions than answers, it has been two hours and I have not had an answer to my response.

I feel let down and left out to dry by the bank that I put my trust in, under their persuasion and apparent commitment to small business development. I can tell you now that this commitment they promote is a complete fabrication and the infrastructure does not exist within Natwest to help any small business grow or even stay afloat. Natwest have done more damage to us than I ever thought possible and they refuse to even discuss any of this with me.

Absolutely shocking how bad, destructive and disinterested in customer care this bank is.

Reviewed on 20th April 2021