Help us to find the best credit providers & you could win £1000!
Help us to find the best credit providers & you could win £1000! Vote in the Consumer Credit Awards
Vote in the Consumer Credit Awards

Virgin Money Mortgage Reviews

Ratings based on 7 reviews Last review 3 months ago

Virgin Money mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Virgin Money mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Our Smart Money People 360° Rating

Great Mortgage Rating
Combines our customer review data set with wider market analysis. Find out more here.

Your Mortgage Reviews (7)

14th November 2016

Fantastic service!

Always had clear communication, switching our mortgage was so quick and easy with a better rate than originally advertised. Put nationwide to shame! Renewing a rate after 2 years again was quick and easy with clear communication and again got a better rate than originally thought. Call centre staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommended !!

5th July 2016

Buy to let mortgage

In Feb 2016 I had offers accepted on two properties that I was intending to use as Buy to Lets.

The seller of one house wished to continue to live in the house as a tenant while she sought another property to buy.
The seller of the other house wished to continue to live in the house as a tenant in the medium - long term

This seemed to be ideal situations that would save me having to find new tenants so I was very happy to agree.

I applied for two Buy to Let Mortgages from Virgin Money and paid for a Home Buyers report on one propert, but after some 10 days, I was told that this situation (the seller staying on as a tenant) breached their lending criteria. Virgin Money refused to explain why this was a problem.

The seller of one property said that she would move into temporary accommodation to help the sale to go through. I therefore told Virgin Money that I wished to proceed with this application and that I would find another mortgage provider for the other property (the Leeds Building Society were quite happy to lend on this basis). Virgin Money responded by saying that both of my applications were declined despite the seller agreeing to move out.

I have been seeking an explanation from Virgin Money since Feb (it is now the end of June) but they have refused to supply one, suggesting that if I am unhappy, I should contact the Financial Ombudsman. I do not think that it is a matter for the Ombudsman but I do think that it is appalling Customer Service and I would be very interested to hear of other experiences with Virgin Money