Easy to sign up and change to virgin mortgage ,quality service and no fees fantastic rate
Virgin Money Mortgages are award-winning for good reason – dedicated advisers, a wealth of online information and support at every step. Whether you’re a first-time buyer, remortgaging, moving house or buying to let, Virgin Money has something to suit.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Brought to you by Virgin Money.
Customer Service is a complete joke. Get told different things every time you phone, even if it's just half an hour later!
I had a smooth and professional experience at Virgin Money during my Buy to let mortgage application process. I called in and made a phone application and within weeks my application had been approved with no delays in release of the funds. I was kept...Read more
I had a smooth and professional experience at Virgin Money during my Buy to let mortgage application process. I called in and made a phone application and within weeks my application had been approved with no delays in release of the funds. I was kept informed and the necessary affordability and credit checks were thourough. I was very pleased with the overall experience.
Absolute shower. Totally wasted our time and money for a mortgage application, sent us several e-mails littered with errors, and in the end turned us down because they cocked up all along. Apparently all covered by us not using their broker service,...Read more
Absolute shower. Totally wasted our time and money for a mortgage application, sent us several e-mails littered with errors, and in the end turned us down because they cocked up all along. Apparently all covered by us not using their broker service, as by all accounts that's a disclaimer which permits being entirely incompetent.
Wow - reading some of the reviews here I thank my lucky stars! I managed to get terrible service before I'd even spent a penny! A close shave, here's my story of...Read more
Wow - reading some of the reviews here I thank my lucky stars! I managed to get terrible service before I'd even spent a penny! A close shave, here's my story of woe...
I tried to activate my card and received possibly the worst service ever from a bank or card provider to a new customer. I started by activating online, but the text never came through. I then switched to calling to activate, the very same agent that activated the card then failed me on security so that i could not proceed, the funny thing is, the security question i failed on was about a previous transaction on the card, but i had only just activated it with that agent so how could there be any transactions for me to give them?
So, because of this i immediately asked to shut the account and they made that difficult too!
Shoddy - I'll go to First Direct, customer service really matters and you don't get treated like this, we are a number to Virgin and i can decide where I buy. I'll buy where customer service is good. Forget offers, they mean nothing without common sense policies and if this is how Virgin treat new customers I dread to think what happens if there's a problem. What a shambles.... So glad i never spent a penny with them! If i could give them zero stars I would....
Used their mortgage service if that is what you call it and it was awful. Where do I...Read more
Used their mortgage service if that is what you call it and it was awful. Where do I start?
1. I had to repeat all my information via telephone during the application process because my details were not added to my application- other than my name and telephone number.
2. The valuation took place on the 23rd of October and was rejected, but Virgin seemed to instruct the solicitor to get on with the paperwork anyway. Thank God they were paying for them!
3. I was only told that my application had been refused when I called them on the 19th November when
a. The first call I made, Adam kept me on hold for 8 minutes or so while he checked…he cut me off.
b. The second advisor left me on hold for about 8 minutes to check and then came back to say it was rejected (Lets call this person advisor 1).
The following is a summary of what happened next.
4. Advisor 1 said that she was informed that an agent 'apparently called' me on the 1st November but no message was left and no attempt to call me again was ever made. Thank God I called on the 19th November, otherwise I would never have known.
5. Advisor 1 said that she was informed that an agent emailed me on the 1st October, but then they retracted that statement, when I asked for this email to be resent / details of the sender, so I could search for the email.
6. When asked why my application was refused- Advisor 1 said that she was initially told that it was because it was an ex-local authority property- I have a lease of 989 years and the house has been with the same family it was built by who own the freehold. The Solicitor (appointed by Virgin as part of their free service with this mortgage) was also aware of this as they contacted me on the 15th November to confirm who the registered interests according to Land Registry were.
7. I challenged the above and pointed to the evidence that a competent valuer would have access to, such as land registry information to see that the local authority was not registered as the freeholder / local authorities do not offer 1000 (one thousand) year leases. The customer advisor (advisor 1) put me on hold and checked…
8. But her colleague (advisor 2) answered and I had to start the whole conversation again.
9. The customer advisor (advisor 2) checked again…20 minutes later, she claimed to have read the report and no mention of it being ex-Local Authority. So where that did information come from? I enquired – ‘not sure’, ‘she got the information wrong’, ‘she didn’t have access to the report’ was all I got.
10. I was also informed that my property was rejected because it was accessed via external stairs and this is not accepted in their policy. I was very clear in my description of the property when making the application and the initial advisor who I spoke with to check that I could apply, said that he checked it using Google Maps and it seemed fine.
They went out of their way to arrange my mortgage and patiently answered my questions.
A simple, straight forward experience.
Rang up for some advice. Very friendly and helpful. Did not confuse with terminology
Very professional staff. Thorough check completed with ease and friendliness at competitive rates. Would absolutely recommend ✅