NatWest Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

NatWest mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of NatWest mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

NatWest Review Insight

Your Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Review NatWest's Fixed Rate Mortgage now

Very easy for 1st time buyer

As a first time buyer, the prospect of a mortgage was scary to say the least. The NatWest mortgage process was simple and easy and kept us updated all throughout the process. Thank you NatWest!

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Mrs Henderson's avatar
Mrs Henderson

Effortless

Excellent to deal with! Took a joint account out with them, done within a week (a few minor glitches with the quality of my id images but no big deal). Also ported one mortgage and took out another mortgage with NatWest.. exemplary service. Valuation done Wednesday, by 6pm Thursday we’d been approved, and less than a week on all the paperwork through the post. Thank you NatWest, we definitely made the right decision! Shame we can’t say the same for our buyers lender.

Reviewed on 24th March 2021
Sally Sweeney's avatar
Sally Sweeney

Shocking from start to finish.

Natwest (my bank of 16 years) approved my mortgage in principle etc without much fuss. It was only when they then rejected my application, after I had exchanged contracts on my sale; that things got.. interesting. My mortgage advisor had never seen anything like it and nobody at NatWest could tell me why. The chain of sales was in danger until I made a formal complaint and, out of the blue, the offer was finally given. Fast forward a few months, days from exchange and now Natwest aren’t comfortable with a Japanese Knotweed issue even though it’s managed, backed up by guarantees, and even though I am paying a c60% deposit.

So the chain of sales is now falling through, costing me and two other parties 15k in SDLT savings, and leaving me technically homeless for who knows how long.

Stay far away from them for mortgages. Their bank isn’t bad but of course I’ll be leaving that too now as they failed to show me a modicum of respect.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
LC's avatar
LC

Affordable mortgage, great customer service

We are a low income family and have had a great experience of NatWest being a helpful and convenient mortgage provider.

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
Eleanor Evans's avatar
Eleanor Evans

Unreliable and incompetent

Just an awful experience to date. Losing paperwork, lack of communications, no sense of urgency, constantly changing the goal posts. Never using them again

Reviewed on 3rd December 2020
Anon's avatar
Anon

Multiple errors and no responsiblity

We applied for a buy to let mortgage. The lack of product knowledge from the personal bankers and mortgage advisors was shocking. We were told that products would be suitable when they turned out not to be and led on for three months. When they realised their error there was no ownership and no attempt to learn from it. No sense of customer loyalty or care. As I write we may lose our house due to their delays and ineptitude.
Avoid if you want confidence in your house buying pathway.

Reviewed on 29th November 2020
William's avatar
William

Fantastic

No complaints here fantastic for the last few years with the bank

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Jill Fairbanks's avatar
Jill Fairbanks

Honest easy mortgage at a great price

From day one having a mortgage with nat west has been hassle free and simple. Easy to manage an overpayment and easy to get in contact when required.

Reviewed on 6th June 2020
Mike's avatar
Mike

Brilliant

I can’t recommend Nat West enough. I moved my mortgage from Halifax and the process was faultless. Great communication and everything happened as they promised it would. In addition, the support and comms that I have received during the coronavirus pandemic has been second to none. I am now in the process of moving my bank accounts and all other investments (albeit small) to them as I couldn’t have wished for better service. 5*, thank you Nat West.

Reviewed on 24th May 2020
Stuart Watson's avatar
Stuart Watson

Horrendous experience, changed the charges midterm

We met a mortgage advisor who, amongst other things, suggested we consider a permission to let letter to fit our circumstances. She explained that this incurs a one off fee and would last the duration of our 5 year fixed term. She helped us to compare this to other options and it was, not by a great amount, the best financial option. We were also looking at other companies but with the permission to let offer Natwest was fractionally cheaper so we went with it. Less than one year into our 5 year fix we received a letter advising they were changing their permission to let and now want £120 per year to maintain it. We complained explaining that whilst we were happy to take this into consideration after the fixed term it isn't fair to fix us into a deal that they change to ask for more money from when we are already fixed in. The whole complaint process was a fiasco, they arranged appointments that when we had them they said weren't the right one so they couldn't help, they failed to contact us at arranged times and the whole process was laborious and complex. At the end they, surprise surprise, didn't uphold our complaint and want their first extra payment this month...alongside our mortgage repayment and having already paid for the letter on the first place. It's been incredibly stressful as I was heavily pregnant when having to deal with it originally and now we have a newborn and a demand for £120 that we never even signed up for. Absolutely disgusted with their service and will never go with them again.

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Laura Lou's avatar
Laura Lou

Easy to set up

Easy to set up and manage with great rates

Reviewed on 30th January 2020
Samantha Lea's avatar
Samantha Lea

Very good

Have had our mortgage with Natwest for years. Always fair when needed to contact.

Reviewed on 9th January 2020
Handzy's avatar
Handzy

Easy peasy

We got our first mortgage with NatWest. Was a bit nervous about embarking on the process but moved quickly.

Reviewed on 8th January 2020
Daisy's avatar
Daisy

Good

As a Nat West customer they make it easy to apply for mortgages a lot easier than other banks.

Reviewed on 5th January 2020
Mira A's avatar
Mira A

Broker recommended natwest and I'm glad they did. Great rate and leant us more than we expected

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Customer's avatar
Customer

NatBest

Best mortgage company in the UK

Reviewed on 8th December 2019
Jenny's avatar
Jenny

Worst Banking Experience Ever

No communication, no mortgage, terrible customer service.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2019
JonR's avatar
JonR

Recently had a change in equity on my mortgage, very helpful service from start to finish. Everything was clearly explained and made the whole process simple and stress free.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Nelson Miller-Walsh's avatar
Nelson Miller-Walsh

Best by far

The best price for us by far. Love how it can be viewed from the banking app to so you can keep an eye on things.

Reviewed on 21st November 2019
James McLaughlin's avatar
James McLaughlin

A child is not a long-term debt!

Finding the right mortgage is already hard enough but banks seem to making it even harder when calculating the affordability check when you have children! Nursery fees are expensive, we all know that, but when you have a government that provides support, that should count as an income (sure if it counts for tax!), majority said that Gov help may not last therefore is not guaranteed but a child being out of a full time care is guaranteed when they enroll in school! NatWest was the only bank who understood that this expense only lasts a short period of time and approved that a couple with two full time jobs could afford a mortgage as it was less than what we were paying for rent for at least the past five years. Thanks Natwest for allowing my family to enjoy our first little corner!

Reviewed on 20th November 2019