Newbury Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 556 reviews       Last review 1 day ago
  Visit website

Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Mortgages now

Excellent communication and services

I would like to say that dealing with Newbury building society in procuring our home mortgage was very good experience… there was excellent communication from their side and all transactions were so clear and easy to understand.. I would highly recommend their services to all

Reviewed on 25th September 2021

Further advance, very helpfull

We have been with Newbury for many years, always very professional, willing to listen and always happy to help. No faults from me.

Verified Member

Thank you for all ofmyour assistance is increasing our.mortgage. Great service.

New customer

I have been really pleased with the prompt and efficient service from the customer care team.

Verified Member

Without your uncomplicated professional help we would not been able to build our house. Our final payment was delayed past the end by date by a third party which did not create a drama. I do not fully understand why on this type of loan/mortgage why there is a critical end date as you are getting interest payed and there is always the option of selling the property if there is a default in payments. ( Not a criticism, just a question )

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Verified Member

Great communication and easy to proceed with.

Friendly and really efficient service. A breeze to get the right mortgage product.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021
John's avatar
John

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we are so pleased to hear this and we appreciate it!

Excellent and efficient

Everything worked very well and was clear to understand. The only problem that arose was that my mortgage offer was lost in the post and never arrived . My solicitor helped me out by sending me a copy of her copy of my mortgage offer which I completed and used instead. I understand you sent the offer out to me second-class post but it still has not arrived. I would recommend actual offers are sent out first-class post which should arrive next day.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - we are sorry to hear that your offer has not arrived, we will look into this and will share your comments with the team that deals with the process here. Thank you - pleased to hear that you were able to proceed. We will look at this going forward and appreciate you letting us know.

New Mortgage

Our experience was very positive. The whole process was well organised and efficient and we would like particularly to acknowledge the help provided by Kayleigh and Charlotte.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - Charlotte and Kayleigh will be so pleased to hear this.

Remortgaging my flat

Been such an easy process to rearrange my mortgage and all on line through e-mails.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

straightforward application

very good service & prompt responses

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback - thank you

Very helpful & friendly made everything easy to understand

Liked the continuity of speaking to the same person each time…always very helpful leading to a stress free experience.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

New Mortgage Application

Application straight forward, decision quick all handled by our mortgage consultant

Reviewed on 14th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to provide feedback for us - we appreciate it.

Great staff living with 20th century systems and processes

The staff at NBS are friendly and helpful and provide a peep into the 1980s with passbook printers and manual processes. We paid off our NBS mortgage with funds from our NBS savings account and the process was first agree a date I would come into the branch, they would then send me a letter with the final balance dated for that day which I would then bring into the branch with me. The teller then takes that NBS letter and my NBS passbook and writes out a cheque from my NBS savings account made payable to NBS. She then takes a photocopy of the letter and attaches it to the cheque and puts them in the internal post. A process that we wouldn't have given much thought to in 1981, but in 2021?. The overall business process completes satisfactorily and all the staff are helpful and friendly, but at the end of the day this entire process could be automated, and even conducted self-service.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this feedback. Whilst we don’t have many customers repaying their mortgage in this way, we will certainly review what we do. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Well done Newbury thorough and competent..

Reviewed on 13th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for us. Much appreciated.

New to Newbury

First time we’ve applied to Newbury for a mortgage - the process was easy, everything went smoothly, staff on the phone were very helpful and we had our mortgage offer before we knew it.

Reviewed on 12th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it! and Welcome to the Newbury :-)

Very quick and professional

They were very quick to respond to our application and any questions we had.

Reviewed on 10th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

Very efficient process.

I was able to get an extremely cost effective mortgage with minimal hassle.

Reviewed on 10th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it!

Mortgage Redemption

We decided to redeem a mortgage, being in the position to do so. After an initial phone discussion, I spoke with manager, Ella Bright. She talked through the options, explained how the process works and confirmed all in writing. Once we had decided to proceed, she ensured that the paperwork was received.

Reviewed on 6th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

Efficient

The whole process was easy and when I needed to talk to someone on the phone I could which may sound simple but is not the case with other financial institutions

Reviewed on 5th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

excellent customer service

I found Newbury through a financial advisor and they have been great every step of the way. Getting the mortgage was simple, received quick responses and they keep the customer well informed. Thank you.

Reviewed on 4th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your feedback and taking the time to send it - we appreciate it and welcome to the Newbury!