Newbury Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 780 reviews       Last review 21 hours ago

Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Mortgages now

Helpful and straightforward.

We are in our late sixties, and even though the mortgage we required was only 20% of the value of our property, some lenders would not consider us. I still work, my husband is a landlord, we know we will have absolutely no problem servicing the mortgage, Read more

We are in our late sixties, and even though the mortgage we required was only 20% of the value of our property, some lenders would not consider us. I still work, my husband is a landlord, we know we will have absolutely no problem servicing the mortgage, but struggled to find a lender! Newbury Building Society were a pleasure to work with and provided us with a mortgage at a very acceptable rate.

Reviewed on 3rd October 2022

Good and helpful

Very happy with the approach taken and the helpfulness. Only reservations are with the encrypted communications which I found very difficult to access.

Reviewed on 3rd October 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hello, thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it, and will look at the instructions we send regarding encrypting to see if we can make it an easier process, while retaining security. Many thanks

Additional borrowing.

The additional mortgage that we required was sorted in a quick and efficient manner.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - we appreciate the time taken to leave us a review, thank you.

Superb company

So, so helpful from start to finish. Felt they really wanted our custom.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

Tip-top service from real human beings.

We needed to extend our existing loan and take out further borrowing. We found the Newbury's service to be excellent with prompt and efficient email and phone communications. Can recommend.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - we really appreciate the time taken to leave us a kind review, thank you.

Redeeming mortgage

I rang customer services on several occasions and each time I was completely impressed with the knowledge and consideration given to me. This was a momentous time in my life and I was understandably quite anxious, however every person with whom I spoke t Read more

This was a momentous time in my life and I was understandably quite anxious, however every person with whom I spoke to treated me as an individual and with total respect.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you very much for leaving us a kind review, we really do appreciate it.

Remortgage

Remortgage was really simple and straight forward

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it.

Seamless Process

I was kept in the loop at all times, and everyone I spoke to was so helpful. I am a FTB so stressful experience made easier!

Reviewed on 29th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback, congratulations on your new home!

Fantastic Service for my Remortgaging needs!

Absolutely brilliant service when I needed to remortgage…clear information, easy to contact by phone if I had any queries, and a @Welcome Pack” of goodies received on completion! A lovely surprise! Excellent customer services.

Reviewed on 28th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback and for your kind words - we really appreciate it! Happy new home!

Remortgage

Generally went well with a couple of hiccups before completing the remortgage.

Reviewed on 27th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Very easy to understand and manage

Our mortgage was drawing to a close and we wanted information on what was going to happen. We were able to speak directly to an advisor and then have our dialogue followed up and confirmed. Very straightforward.

Reviewed on 26th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we appreciate it.

Lack of online access

In 2022 it is imperative that a client t can access their mortgage details and balance online without having to phone and go through security

Reviewed on 25th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on this. We are aware this functionality is lacking at present, it's in our development plans to include online mortgage functionality, and we are working toward this. Thank you for raising this, we do appreciate it.

Excellent service from Eve McDowell

I received excellent service from Eve McDowell, she explained everything thoroughly. I was actually put on to the incorrect product by the admin team at first but she was quick to rectify it for me. The process of applying for the mortgage through her was Read more

I received excellent service from Eve McDowell, she explained everything thoroughly. I was actually put on to the incorrect product by the admin team at first but she was quick to rectify it for me. The process of applying for the mortgage through her was great. I would say the mortgage team when I phoned the general number seemed to lack knowledge on questions such as extending the mortgage, and the processing of my application seemed to be quite slow, but overall, a happy customer.

Reviewed on 23rd September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we do appreciate it, and we will be sure to share your comments with Eve.

Freelancers

Applied for a mortgage. They are unable to judge freelancer income. A simple answer but it took 2 months to get this reply after supplying a whopping number of documents to the underwriting team. Overall experience, a waste of my time. Go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 22nd September 2022
Oliver Ryan's avatar
Oliver Ryan

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI Oliver, we are sorry to hear about the delay in responding to you, we will be looking into this with the Underwriting Manager to understand what happened and will be in touch. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback which will help us improve where we can do better.

We are about to loose our sale due to this lender.

We made an offer on a property around 3 months ago now, our mortgage valuation took place around 4 weeks ago, still no mortgage offer and still continue to raise ridiculous enquiries with our mortgage advisor then taking 10 working days to respond to the Read more

We made an offer on a property around 3 months ago now, our mortgage valuation took place around 4 weeks ago, still no mortgage offer and still continue to raise ridiculous enquiries with our mortgage advisor then taking 10 working days to respond to the replies. I work as an estate agent and there reasoning behind holding up our entire sale and loosing us our dream home is due to adding things within the memorandum of sale, which may I add is purely only used by an estate agent to instruct both solicitors acting and has nothing to do with the mortgage lender. We are now about to loose our sale and the seller is going to with draw due to these ridiculous timescales and unnecessary enquiries being raised. They also held up our sale by recommending a solicitor who wasn't actually on their Panel therefore caused further delays even though we had just had to change solicitors for this exact reason!

Reviewed on 21st September 2022
Ashley 's avatar
Ashley

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Ashley, we are sorry to hear about the issues with your application, our Underwriting Manager will contact you today to discuss this with you.

Sympathetic and informative assessment of needs and products

NBS provided helpful and supportive information about a change of mortgage product and recommended a very suitable option in the light of our circumstances

DEREK FRASER's avatar
DEREK FRASER

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Many thanks for taking time to leave feedback Derek, we appreciate it.

Best mortgage interview ever

Being an ex mortgage advisor I have the experience to acknowledge good service when I receive it. Could not fault and love the facts that The society really does help it's mortgage customers by not passing on every interest rate rise. Hugely impressed

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback and your kind words - we really appreciate it!

service

The service was in timely manner and satisfactory

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave this feedback - we appreciate it.

Very helpful customer service

I recently phoned for advice and my options were clearly explained to me by a very helpful advisor called Alison.

Reviewed on 14th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it and will be sure to share your comments with Alison.

Very satisfied

I am very satisfied with my experience. The advisor has listened to my needs and concerns and has found a product that was right for me.I now have a product I am sure about and feel safe in these very uncertain times.

Reviewed on 9th September 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.