Newbury Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 693 reviews       Last review 3 days ago
  Visit website

Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Mortgages now

Very pleasant experience

The two ladies behind the desks, Tracy's, were very helpful to set up a savings account with the Building Society. Couldn't do enough for us.

Reviewed on 15th May 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it and will be sure to let the Tracey's know!

Excellent and local

I have always found staff to be knowledgeable, polite, helpful. I have never had to queue for a long time either.

Reviewed on 11th May 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback we do appreciate it.

Eve Mcdowell was fantastic. Extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She managed to get me the right deal I was looking for. Thank you Eve! Please make sure my thanks is passed onto her.

Reviewed on 10th May 2022
Luke Diggens's avatar
Luke Diggens

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Eve, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Very good customer focus and advice

Rose Hallett was very competent advisor, friendly manner, albeit only very limited products for me to avail being an expat, however, overall excellent manner and customer experience.

Reviewed on 6th May 2022
Thomas Ryan-McGrath's avatar
Thomas Ryan-McGrath

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and for your kind words - we will be sure to share them with Rose who will be so pleased to hear them.

Every interaction is a pleasure.

I feel part a truly valued member of the Society as staff remember me even when it's just on a phone call. The society is on my side with regard to getting the best mortgage rate. You are so well managed I feel my mortgage is in safe hands, even in the Read more

I feel part a truly valued member of the Society as staff remember me even when it's just on a phone call. The society is on my side with regard to getting the best mortgage rate. You are so well managed I feel my mortgage is in safe hands, even in these very uncertain times of increasing interest rates and inflation.

Reviewed on 6th May 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.

Agility and Support at all times

Penny Hutchison and everyone at Newbury were important throughout our process, the agility and support at all times was incredible at this time.

Reviewed on 4th May 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it and will be sure to share your comments with Penny and team, who will be so pleased to hear them!

Easy!

I have been with NBS for many years, the service they provide has always been fair, considered and delivered in a friendly way, my latest transaction was no different. I truly believe they care and that makes a huge difference !

Reviewed on 2nd May 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi there - thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear about your brilliant experiences with the Society.

Newbury Building Society Branch Review

Extreamly helpful nothing was too much trouble would definatly recommend

Uploaded on 30th April 2022

Helpful staff

My husband and I opened 2 saving accounts each at our local branch. The staff were very welcoming and took time to explain the best accounts for us. They made sure we were happy with everything and never rushed us or made us feel a nuisance. We felt that Read more

My husband and I opened 2 saving accounts each at our local branch. The staff were very welcoming and took time to explain the best accounts for us. They made sure we were happy with everything and never rushed us or made us feel a nuisance. We felt that we were valued customers. Definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 26th April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Easy to talk to

Staff always easy to contact and quick to respond to queries.

Reviewed on 24th April 2022

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

We had a great experience

Very quick and efficient service.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us - we really so appreciate it.

very efficient

Very helpful. Easy to speak to on the phone and helpful. Kept us informed.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Many thanks for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Porting mortgage to new property

Porting existing mortgage to a new property was quick easy and painless dedicated contact made everything easy and straightforward

Reviewed on 22nd April 2022

Mortgage

Good service by mortgage team.

Reviewed on 21st April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

Prompt,friendly,straightforward

The application was uncomplicated,the approval prompt and the monies paid without delay. When I needed to speak to a member of staff beit by telephone or in person at the local branch, they were always courteous, friendly and helpful. Good old fashioned s Read more

The application was uncomplicated,the approval prompt and the monies paid without delay. When I needed to speak to a member of staff beit by telephone or in person at the local branch, they were always courteous, friendly and helpful. Good old fashioned service.

Reviewed on 19th April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it and are pleased to hear you have received a consistently good service.

We had a no mortgage property, but required additional funds.

We used a mortgage agent to carry out the transaction, therefore my dealings with the society were limited. However, I found the Society very helpful and understanding. I would highly recommend the Society services to friends and family.

Reviewed on 18th April 2022

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Excellent service in respect of new holiday home

We were fortunate enough to be able to buy a new holiday home in Cornwall. We have saved and borrowed form the NBS for 40 years and when we applied for our mortgage we received excellent service and advice from Kate Rockall in the Newbury branch. Her help Read more

We were fortunate enough to be able to buy a new holiday home in Cornwall. We have saved and borrowed form the NBS for 40 years and when we applied for our mortgage we received excellent service and advice from Kate Rockall in the Newbury branch. Her help throughout the process was invaluable and we completed on our new house recently and look forward to spending much time in Cornwall.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Kate, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Always friendly and helpful.

Newbury looks after the savings account for all four people in our family. They have always been friendly and helpful. That was the reason we opted to move our mortgage to them and the Newbury BS has always helped and advise us. We would not hesitate to r Read more

Newbury looks after the savings account for all four people in our family. They have always been friendly and helpful. That was the reason we opted to move our mortgage to them and the Newbury BS has always helped and advise us. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - we really do appreciate the time taken to leave us a kind review, thank you.

Newbury make it so easy

We originally took our first mortgage out with Newbury as we bought a shared ownership property and only a few companies who provided this. When it came to renewal we decided to do an interim staircase to buy a larger percentage of our property and Newbur Read more

We originally took our first mortgage out with Newbury as we bought a shared ownership property and only a few companies who provided this. When it came to renewal we decided to do an interim staircase to buy a larger percentage of our property and Newbury were amazing. We tried various brokers who told us we could only afford a lower amount, but decided to go direct to Newbury as our current provide. They offered us way more than the brokers had and gave us a great rate as well to stay with them. Their help and support through the whole process has been great! Unless something drastically changes, we will stay with them for many years to come!

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a kind review, we really do appreciate it.

All round, an excellent society capturing all we need with competitive rates,

We re-mortgaged to Newbury because of their independence and competitive rates. Every application is complicated/burdensome these days, but the Newbury one was handled well by friendly and responsive staff

Reviewed on 6th April 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a kind review, we really do appreciate it.