Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2020 is open!VOTE NOW

Newbury Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 291 reviews Last review 1 day ago

Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Newbury Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Your Mortgages Reviews (291)

14th August 2020

Great Service as usual

We applied for additional funds. The process was painless, carried through smoothly to completion and quite quick, despite some additional information being required. Very happy with Newbury and their customer service team.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
HI David - thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it!
14th August 2020

Helpful, prompt, and competitive

The interest only mortgage remains competitive and the staff have been thorough in advising us of options, prompt, and reliable in responding to queries and in executing the transfer to the new product.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Andrew, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.
7th August 2020

Good rate and good experience

Newbury itself was excellent. Their solicitor, O'Neill, made some minor mistakes that we had to pick them up on

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Adrienne, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.
3rd August 2020

Easy and straightforward process, more post-buy details please

We had no difficulty or issueswith the process of prurchasing our new home. However, we would be happier if there was an online account service for our mortgage which allowed us to view itemised details of the amount owed, the amount of interest we have accrued, and how our payments have been applied against the interest and the principal.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
HI David, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. We will forward your comments to the development teams who are looking at how we improve our digital services for mortgage customers. Your feedback is very welcome.
3rd August 2020

Dream home achieved

My mortgage experience with Newbury felt very smooth and caused me little apprehension but more excitement. Customer service fantastic and now my daughter and I have our very first dream home.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Rae, Congratulations and happy new home! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it. We wish you happy times in your dream home :-)
1st August 2020

New first time mortgage

From start to finish Newbury were professional and communication was excellent.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Tina - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - and for your kind words - it's much appreciated.
27th July 2020

All Round Service

Having first had a self build mortgage with Newbury Building Society and now having transferred to a repayment mortgage. We have been guided and look after throughout both of our processes. Dave Murray being our principle contact was great.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Lisa - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it and we will be sure to share your comments with Dave who will be so pleased to hear them. Thanks again
26th July 2020

Efficient and professional during a difficult time

Applied for a mortgage through a broker. It did seem to take a fairly long time to process but we were in the middle of the Coronovirus outbreak

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Chris - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we do appreciate it. It has been a very different time so many thanks for your patience.
24th July 2020

Local knowledge local people excellent service

The title says it all dealing local with people who know the area is always best .

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Colin - thank you for your kind words - and for taking the time to leave this feedback - we really appreciate it.
24th July 2020

Newbury building society were so helpful when applying for a mortgage for the first time I would defiantly recommend.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Victoria - thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really appreciate it. Congratulations on your first home!
20th July 2020

Changing mortgage product.

It was a swift process which was straight forward & hassle free. Our paperwork was approved for the change to take place quicker than we had expected. My husband and I have been very happy with their service through the years we have been with Newbury.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really do appreciate it. It's always good to hear that the service has been smooth and efficient.
18th July 2020

Excellent Product

Newbury offered an excellent mortgage to suit our current needs and situation. The whole process was carried out very quickly and efficiently

Reply from Newbury Building Society
HI, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really do appreciate it.
14th July 2020

Great service for new mortgage

We were struggling to find a mortgage that suited our needs for a self build project but NBS found a solution that was right for us. Dealing with their representatives has been a pleasure - they are always helpful and made the process very easy.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi John, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it. We hope the build is going well!
10th July 2020

Brilliant service

Brilliant service and staff are very helpful. Everything was processed on time I would highly recommend.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Paige - thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really appreciate it.

Excellent customer service

We are a retired couple who are hoping to buy an additional property and part own it with our daughter to help her get on the property ladder. We found by a search on line that the Newbury Building Society closest met our needs and allowed us to have a mortgage term up until we were 90 years old. I hence contacted the Society HQ who suggested I talk to the Abington branch Mortgage Advisor. Angela was extremely helpful and returned our calls and e mails very promptly. We subsequently have applied for a mortgage and hopefully this will be the start of a long relationship with the Society. Even if we are not successful I would still recommend The Newbury as an excellent Building Society to deal with.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Mike, thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us - we will be sure to share with Angela, who will be so pleased to hear it. Thanks again.
3rd July 2020

The Newbury Building Society has data protection issues!

I am not, and have never been a customer of the Newbury Building...

I am not, and have never been a customer of the Newbury Building Society.

A month or so back, I received an email re. a mortgage application for someone with my name, so I wrote back to explain that it was an error and requesting them to correct their records.

I was not surprised when I did not get the courtesy of a reply to my email. I was very much surprised to receive this request to review their services, but in the circumstances I felt I should share my experience.

Newbury Building Society, please remove my details from your systems! :-)

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Dear Mr Kilner, we are sorry to hear this, someone will be in touch directly with you to update you on removal of your contact details. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for taking the time to advise us.
3rd July 2020

I found the staff at Newbury to be kind, efficient and knowledgeable. This is the second mortgage I've negotiated with Newbury and both times they have been excellent. Always willing to explain things.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we really do appreciate it.