Newbury Building Society Savings Reviews

Ratings based on 676 reviews       Last review 1 day ago
  Visit website

Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Newbury Building Society. How easy is it to contact Newbury Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Savings Reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Savings now

Great personal customer service

I opened a new savings account on the recommendation of my husband and found the whole process incredibly easy. The staff are really lovely and I like that you can actually talk to someone on the phone either at head office or in branch, and they still have high street branches. Overall, VERY impressed!

Holly's avatar
Holly

Requested call back for information which I received very quickly

Friendly informative staff. Happy to help and vert quick to respond to my questions

Marc Cook's avatar
Marc Cook

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Marc, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.

Mixed messages

Having been a member since 2006, I wanted to open a new instant access account to join my Existing Member's Account and Notice ISA. All proceeded well, new account opened and then funded within a day of opening from my nominated bank account. A week later, message arrive into my inbox informing me that as I was opening a new account, NBS were unable to verify me as initial checks had come up with nothing. Could I please send ID to allow this account to be opened? As an existing member of 15 years I find that strange particularly as I'd been transacting on my EMA less than 3 months ago. I haven't forwarded the necessary ID. Will my new account get closed? I wait and see.

JoS's avatar
JoS

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Jo, thank you for letting us know and sorry that you have been frustrated by this procedures. Unfortunately all online accounts have automatic ID checks which provide prompts for us to check for various reasons to ensure that the transactions are authentic - it is a security measure. Our Savings Manager will contact you to advise of the details - but we appreciate this can seem confusing.

Outstanding customer services

Quick, simple and easy to open new account. So friendly and understanding my needs without being pushy or anything. I’m so proud of them all and now my son is wanting new account with them ..... as previous experience..... fantastic and helped me under which account is best for him.

sammiejdyer14@icloud.com's avatar
sammiejdyer14@icloud.com

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Sammie, this is fantastic to hear! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to also welcome your son to the Society soon. Thank you once again.

Spoke to Hungerford Branch - very helpful - paperwork arrived the next day. Returned paperwork to branch that day. Passbook arrived two days later I have also registered for the on-line service. Thank you !

Duncan's avatar
Duncan

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Duncan, thank you for sharing such kind words with us - the Hungerford team will be so glad to hear this. Thank you once again.

Friendly Local Society

Easy to set up and run. Interest rates competitive but shame there are small maximum amounts on some accounts. Also wanted to transfer in ISA from another provider but no longer allowed. Very helpful with any query.

Phillip Needham's avatar
Phillip Needham

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Phillip, thank you for sharing your feedback with us - we greatly appreciate it.

Opening new ISA

Easy to open account, although shame you cannot do it all 'on-line' without having to post forms off to them.

Nigel GP's avatar
Nigel GP

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Nigel, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us - we really appreciate it.

Quick and efficient

Considering the current restrictions service was straight forward and clear

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Peter Singyard's avatar
Peter Singyard

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

Brilliant service beyond expectations

I was worried about a postal application but the process was efficiently completed faster than I expected followed by a telephone call to check the post arrived and I was content and didn’t require any further assistance. This could not have been improved. Happy to hold this new savings account.

Reviewed on 13th February 2021
Tracey Holmes's avatar
Tracey Holmes

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Tracey, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it. Welcome to the Newbury

Polite, efficient,speedy

Isobel from Winchester is excellent and follows everything up.

Patricia Highley's avatar
Patricia Highley

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback for us - Isabel will be so pleased to hear this. Many thanks

TIME TO SAVE

POSTED A CHEQUE AND APPLICATION COULD NOT BE SIMPLER

RAY OLIVER's avatar
RAY OLIVER

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Ray - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we appreciate it.

Smooth process

Recently applied online for a new savings account. I already had one and had been impressed with service, so went for another to keep some savings separate. Very simple process online and had the new account number, along with details of how to transfer money in within minutes.

NewburyGooner's avatar
NewburyGooner

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Newbury Gooner, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.

Supremely efficient and obliging service

I called hq with a variety of questions. Lisa who answered was knowledgeable and obliging. Better still she promised to send me all the details and the following morning everything arrived in double quick time with the forms pte-filled with zhe info i had given her on the call. We then went into Abingdon branch a few days later and all the admin was completed speedily efficiently and with charm.

Christopher 's avatar
Christopher

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Christopher, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

Helpful and friendly

Had trouble sending money to a new account I had opened but phoned up and it was all explained. The bank to pay is the Natwest which was a little confusing

Barry Scutt's avatar
Barry Scutt

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Barry, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

no hassle

Wife recommended you. Opened acc. by post, Passbook made up and returned within two days! Excellent. P. Reynolds

Peter Reynolds's avatar
Peter Reynolds

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

New savings account

Very easy process of opening and attaching my nominated account, pleased with everything so far

Levie's avatar
Levie

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Levie - many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

So nice to actually speak to somebody local.

I filled out an application form on line but had to be contacted a couple of times by phone and email. Each time the contact was from someone at my local branch, always prompt and friendly. Brilliant!

Jennifer Lenton's avatar
Jennifer Lenton

Emailed regarding opening ISA and wat I needed to do. Had phone call back next day and explained and said could pop in branch and gave details of hours. Wen I went into branch everything explained well and account opened easily. Staff were lovely as... Read more

Emailed regarding opening ISA and wat I needed to do. Had phone call back next day and explained and said could pop in branch and gave details of hours. Wen I went into branch everything explained well and account opened easily. Staff were lovely as well.

A. Dumbleton 's avatar
A. Dumbleton

Registering on-line would be much easier

The process of opening a new account would be much easier on-line.

Clive Wright's avatar
Clive Wright

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI Clive, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we do have a number of accounts which can be opened online - happy to explain this further if you'd like someone to contact you. Many thanks

Opening account online

It was a simple process to open a new account online. There was a few days delay before details came through on how to transfer money into the account. I assume you would be able to pay money in immediately if you open in branch.

Ms Brooker 's avatar
Ms Brooker

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we appreciate it. Yes, in branch it would be possible to deposit a balance immediately