Newbury Building Society Savings Reviews

Ratings based on 1,692 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Newbury Building Society. How easy is it to contact Newbury Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Savings Reviews

1,692 reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Savings now

Opening EMA

Polite, knowledgeable assistant who explained everything and opened our new accounts efficiently. She was extremely personable, a credit NBS.

Good Introduction to Newbury BS

Opened my first Newbry BS savings account. Very welcoming and positive approach by both the staff I dealt with. Everything clearly explained and in at an appropriate level of detail. The interest rates on offer were attractive when compared to bank saving Read more

Opened my first Newbry BS savings account. Very welcoming and positive approach by both the staff I dealt with. Everything clearly explained and in at an appropriate level of detail. The interest rates on offer were attractive when compared to bank savings account. I look forward to long and fruitful relationship with the Newbury.

Easy as pie

I wanted to open an Existing Members account. The process (via the website) was very straightforward and was completed in no time whatsover!!!

Verified Member

So happy with face to face help!

Very helpful and I’m so pleased with the service I’m going to open up another account. Can’t praise the Newbury Building Society enough. I think it’s very comforting to know , you can still speak to someone in person in these changing times. Very pleased Read more

Very pleased overall

New account

Easy to open accounts with counter staff - could do with better rates!!

New account

Always helpful and counter staff will deal with anything no need to make appointment and revisit

Verified Member

Straightforward opening of account by friendly staff member

Very helpful support from Tracey

Reviewed on 23rd June 2022
Verified Member

Pleasant and easy experience opening a new account

Decided to move my account from Halifax as they are closing their branch in Wokingham. It was a pleasant experience with Ana and the account was opened after the various options were explained.

Reviewed on 23rd June 2022

Polite friendly and professional

I had a good telephone conversation with one of your advisors, Vanessa. I felt she was friendly and polite but also very knowledgeable of your products. I felt she went the extra mile regarding my queries

Reviewed on 22nd June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Vanessa, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Quick and easy to arrange

Called in to setup an existing member account. Holly was brilliant and took me through the processes quickly and efficiently.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Holly, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Such a simple process to complete

I popped into my branch in Abingdon to pay money into my Grandchildren’s accounts and enquired about opening up a savings account for myself. The process was simple and within less than thirty minutes my account was open. I would like to thank Catherine N Read more

I popped into my branch in Abingdon to pay money into my Grandchildren’s accounts and enquired about opening up a savings account for myself. The process was simple and within less than thirty minutes my account was open. I would like to thank Catherine Newitt for her support.

Reviewed on 20th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Catherine, who will be so pleased to hear them.

A very good experience

The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed on 19th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we do appreciate it.

Online functionality needs a lot of work

I opened an Existing Members Account and tried to transfer money from my Welcome to Newbury account online. The menu options to do so were not available to me, so I contacted NBS. After several interactions the menu options were enabled - but they shoul Read more

I opened an Existing Members Account and tried to transfer money from my Welcome to Newbury account online. The menu options to do so were not available to me, so I contacted NBS. After several interactions the menu options were enabled - but they should have been available from the start. But when I tried moving money I got an error - all due to an over-subscription 3 years ago where I deposited more money than was allowed, which was then returned to me. This was identified as a bug in the system.

All this gives me little confidence that NBS online functionality is robust and fit for purpose. The only reason I would continue to use NBS is that it is local, but compared to the likes of Marcus and Chase the set up is really amateurish.

Reviewed on 17th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we will ensure your comments and experience are reviewed by the customer service teams. We are working to improve on online service provision and the feedback you have provided is very useful to us to highlight where we can make improvements. Many thanks.

Really excellent service. Good advice. Very personable. Thank you

Reviewed on 17th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

Opening new account

Staff very helpful, explained all details required a very efficient service

Reviewed on 16th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

Fantastic service

Excellent service, very informative, very pleased.

Reviewed on 15th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for your kind words and taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Opening EMA

Very polite, friendly and helpful staff. Application and transfer of monies went smoothly.

Reviewed on 10th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Newbie to Newbury

I opened my first account last year, and found it super easy to open another.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Welcome to the Newbury! Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Very helpful

I was given ample time in an unrushed way to work through the process of opening various savings accounts. And to return later with more to deal with.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it. Welcome to the Newbury!

Customer review

First class service given to us by Catherine Newitt

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Catherine!