Newbury Building Society Savings Reviews

Ratings based on 589 reviews Last review 2 days ago

Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Newbury Building Society. How easy is it to contact Newbury Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Your Savings Reviews (589)

18th October 2020

Although excellent service we would have preferred to conduct our business in a private office instead of the reception area. Maybe this was because of the coronavirus and is temporary, and if so we completely understand.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Lynda, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate it. Yes, due to the restricted space we have in some branch private rooms we are unable to provide this service due to social distancing requirements to keep both our customers and colleagues safe. Many thanks for your understanding.
16th October 2020

Brilliant !!!

Was amazed the account could be opened so quickly and efficiently. Your staff were very informative, and friendly. Just waiting for my passbooks to arrive, couldnt have been easier. THANK YOU.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback and such kind words. Our teams are always thrilled to hear they have made a positive impression on our customers.
13th October 2020

Friendly helpful staff who explained all my options

I appreciated being able to have personal contact and I like the flexibility of being able to carry out transactions either in branch, by post or have queries dealt with over the telephone .

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Ruth, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for us. It's much appreciated.
11th October 2020

Nice personal touch

I had to call the NBS HQ as I had a problem online. i was so pleased with the personal and prompt response.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we will be sure to share your comments with the online team - who will be so pleased to hear them. Many thanks.
10th October 2020

Visit to Winchester branch

Excellent, friendly service at local branch.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Angela, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we will be sure to share your comments with the team at Winchester who will be so pleased to hear them. Many thanks
9th October 2020

Unable to verify your account details

I opened a Senior savers account. Then I tried to deposit an initial nominal £10.00 into the account. The account details you provide for payment of the initial amount could not be verified by the RBS account verification system, and I was clearly advised (by RBS) not to transfer funds to that account as they would not reimburse the money if the account was shown to be fraudulent. Against that advice I transferred £10, which has shown in my account today.

However, your account details, which I understand are with NatWest, should be verifiable. There is no reason why a Building Society should not have a holding account, into which savers' funds are transferred, which is verifiable by other banks' verification systems. This is not acceptable as it introduces an unacceptable level of doubt into the transaction, and in fact my actions were directly against the advice of my bank (RBS). i suggest that this is rectified as a matter of urgency.
I spoke to one of your colleagues at Hungerford who advised that this happens all the time, is perfectly normal and should not concern me. It shouldn't happen, it is not normal and it did concern me. Please rectify this in your systems so that your account can be verified. I shall not be transferring further funds until that is done and notified.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
HI Colin, thank you for taking the time to advise of your experience - we will look at making this clearer on our website. We understand your concern and our Customer Service Manager will contact you to discuss the account verification. Many thanks again.
2nd October 2020

Excellant

I have contacted the team on various occasions and whoever I speak to is always very helpful, and are always able to answer my questions with clarity.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Roy, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.
2nd October 2020

A Good Experience

I decided to open an online Senior Saver account, as the interest rates compared favourably with other institutions . The routines for opening an account were simply explained and easily understood - even for a non-techy such as myself. There was no need to speak to a member of staff, and the whole process was went smoothly and efficiently to my entire satisfaction.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi, thank you for your kinds words and taking the time to leave feedback - it's great to hear the process was smooth and straight-forward. Many thanks

Purchase of additional property

We required an additional loan to our existing mortgage in order to purchase a neighbouring property, which holds a covenant on our own house plot. We were able to negotiate a deal which suited our needs and were impressed with the speed and efficiency in completing the transaction and are grateful to Luke for his help and guidance throughout the negotiations making it a stress free experience.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback and for your kind words - we will be sure to share your comments with Luke - who will be so pleased to hear your thoughts. Many thanks
25th September 2020

Very good customer service, friendly and professional.

Everything was fine. The rep who opened the account for us was very efficient.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Beryl, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Very Helpfull

Firstly they wrote to me regarding my savings,I phoned the branch who made arrangments to contact me to discuss my accounts.On doing so it was decided to move some of money around.I went to the branch at it was sorted out very easily. It may be a small building society but seems to care about its customers more than most of the larger ones.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Bob, thank you for your kind words - we really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback.
18th September 2020

Warm and friendly and efficient

So good to not be rushed! To have efficiency with warmth and friendliness of the service means such a lot to us. Everything was comprehensively explained and gives us confidence for our future savings with Newbury Building Society. Thank you

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Susan, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.
11th September 2020

Opening an existing members account

The staff couldn`t have been more helpful. In spite of the current Covid 19 problems, we were given a room to fill in the account forms and helped guide us through the procedure.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Les, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it and your kind words.
4th September 2020

Brilliant service on updating our accounts

Our nearest branch is the one at Winchester and we have used this one since we opened our savings accounts. Every member of staff who has dealt with us has been extremely efficient and knowledgeable offering best advice for our needs. Well done Newbury Building society.

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi Watson, thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback for us - I know the team at Winchester will be so pleased to hear your comments. Thank you
4th September 2020

Very helpful staff member (Isabel) Very easily set upper savings account

Reply from Newbury Building Society
Hi RG - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it and we will be sure to share your comments with Isabel. Thank you