Newbury Building Society Savings Reviews

Ratings based on 807 reviews       Last review 2 hours ago
  Visit website

Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Newbury Building Society. How easy is it to contact Newbury Building Society? And how friendly are they? Our Newbury Building Society savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Savings Reviews

Review Newbury Building Society's Savings now

Money insafe hands

No waiting, a smile, a pleasant experience

Verified Member

Opening a joint savings account

The savings account was relatively easy to open, but despite both being existing customers, the process took a long time.

Verified Member

Helpful and comprehensive advice.

Very thorough and detailed explanations.

Easy and hassle free

Opening a new account online with the Newbury Building Society was easy and very straight forward. I always like dealing with the Newbury.

Verified Member

Willing to call me instead of having a long e-mail discussion

Kudos to the woman who had the sense to call me when others were sending e-mails that didn't actually answer the questions I was asking. A quick discussion, followed by a clear and sympathetic approach to fixing things was much appreciated. I'm just sorry I have forgotten her name - she did really well in taking the steam out of the situation.

Very helpful staff

On opening a new account in the Thatcham Office the staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly and dealt with my new account in a very professional and efficient way. They are indeed a credit to the Newbury Building Society

Reviewed on 17th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback - our Thatcham team colleagues will be so thrilled to hear this.

Knowledgeable, professional yet friendly staff

I was asked what I wanted the account for and was advised accordingly which was prefect for my needs

Reviewed on 17th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

Gladys in the Basingstoke branch

Gladys was fantastic and helped my family and I make decisions for my savings. She was very friendly and made sure I was aware and comfortable with everything that was happening.

Reviewed on 13th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it and Gladys will be so pleased to hear this.

Home Saver

Great Review from Paula Wheeler, amazing service as always!

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, we appreciate it and Paula will be so pleased to hear this.

Friendly and local

You have been so useful during lockdown, helping me to set up our online accounts. I feel safe with you and I like dealing with local understanding people. I have never had to wait for ages, get passed round, listen to endless music and messages, explain the whole thing several times while someone tries to sell me something I dont want -which makes a lovely change.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI - thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback - we really do appreciate it.

Explained very well

All handled very efficiently and process explained well, made to feel welcomed and a valued new customer.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us - we appreciate it.

Opening up a new account

The manager was extremely helpful and made the process very easy to understand and to complete quickly. Highly recommend to others

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we really appreciate it.

Savings

Cassie Newman explained everything and is a credit to the Newbury

Reviewed on 6th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave a review - Cassie will be so pleased to hear this.

Excellent service.

Very informative about what Newbery Building Society had to offer and extremely helpful staff.

Reviewed on 4th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Hassle Free Process

I was pleased to find a BS with a fully online application process. It was easy to register for an account and online services. Smooth and effortless. My only suggestion for future enhancement, although this is perhaps unrelated, is the use of a 2nd factor as part of the log-on process for the online account.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it. Thank you also for your good suggestion - which we will share with our development team - we will update this message with progress in this area once we have it.

Slow processes & communications

I opened a new Homesaver account on Sunday, 22 Aug via the on-line app. The communication advised that the NBS would need to review & complete the application, advise if any further information was required and send a secure message when this was complete. On Monday, 23 Aug as the new account was showing on-line but having received no communication I decided to try to pay an initial deposit into the account; this worked OK. It was not until Thursday, 26 Aug that a secure message was sent regarding the account having been set up. To date nothing has been received by post. As a comparison, I set up a new account with another building society on the same day. That account was confirmed as up & running the same day and I received new account information by post on Weds.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for leaving feedback and letting us know about your experience - it is important to us to know when things have not gone smoothly - we would love to explore what happened here and prevent any further issues - please contact us marketing @ newbury.co.uk and let us know your details so that we can investigate. We apologise for these delays and would like to understand more.

What a great experience

Having booked an appointment to open an account I was welcomed by name with a friendly smile, and took a seat in a comfortable chair in the bright, clean Alton branch. Opening the account was a pleasant, easy, unrushed yet not slow experience as when went through the various formalities in turn. As a customer experience it was amongst the best I have had, and I remarked at the time on how positively it compared to experiences elsewhere with some of the major banks. I left the branch feeling that my decision to open an account was fully vindicated, on the grounds of customer service alone, and the visit seemed to bode well for the future.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback - we really do appreciate it and will ensure our colleagues in the Alton branch see this, they will be so pleased.

A very pleasant experience

The staff at the Abingdon NBS were friendly and respectful, they took their time to explain everything to me.

Reviewed on 28th August 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it and will share your comments with our colleagues in Abingdon branch who will be pleased to hear them. Many thanks

Very helpful staff and excellent customer service

From my first phone call to the Newbury Building Society, which was answered by an actual person, actually at the branch, everything was very straightforward. I needed to contact someone four times over setting up accounts and going online. Each call, there was very little wait time, I got to speak to a person without going through machines and the staff were patient and helpful. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Why can't everything be this easy these days!

Reviewed on 23rd August 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we appreciate it, so pleased that you have had a good experience with us.

Visit to new Abingdon branch

We really liked the new premises in Abingdon. Front of house staff were welcoming and friendly. Catherine, our advisor, was great and made this visit a really good experience. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed on 20th August 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it and will be sure to share your comments with the team in Abingdon, including Catherine who will be so pleased to hear this!