first direct Savings Account Reviews

First Direct savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at First Direct. How easy is it to contact First Direct? And how friendly are they? Our First Direct savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

first direct Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Savings Account Reviews

Review first direct's Savings Account now

Great Customer Service

They always answer the phone within 30 seconds. Straight through to a caller. No automated press 1 or press 2 etc. It takes the stress out of banking. Great app too.

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Sophia Panayi 's avatar
Sophia Panayi

Great interest rate!

I had a savings account with FD with a rate of 5% - amazing yes?! I could only save a max of £300 a month and after 12 months the account reverted to a regular (ie much lower rate of interest ) account but it was still very much worth doing.

Reviewed on 20th November 2019
Jenna Hegarty's avatar
Jenna Hegarty

Great 5% rate

Given the dearth of good savings accounts on the high street First Direct’s 5% offering is great. You can’t pay in more than £300 each month (for 12 months) which is a shame but this is still really helping me as a savings pot in the run up to going on maternity leave and having a reduced salary income.

Reviewed on 16th April 2019
Jenna Hegarty's avatar
Jenna Hegarty

Great Service

We have trusted in First Direct for over a decade now and cannot fault them! Always very responsive and helpful. They give us peace of mind.

Reviewed on 11th December 2018
Katie Kann's avatar
Katie Kann

A 5 Star Bank!

I would highly recommend First Direct to all. Whenever I have had any problems or needed them I have been able to contact them on the phone and speak to a real person within 30 seconds! No other bank compares! Also their mobile app is fantastic. Easy to use and very very user friendly.

Reviewed on 9th December 2018
Sophia77's avatar
Sophia77

First class service

A bank I actually don’t mind contacting. Super friendly and efficient too.

Reviewed on 14th November 2018
Sheryl 's avatar
Sheryl

Fab

They treat you like you are a human being spoken to by another human-no power trips or attitude. Great people.

Reviewed on 11th February 2018
Elle Westwood's avatar
Elle Westwood

Always helpful

Been with them over 20 years had no bad experiences helpful thoughout

Reviewed on 11th February 2018
Carol's avatar
Carol

Good access and easy to connect.

I've been with First Direct since 2002 and have not had any problems with them. They are easy to access via the phone and through internet banking.

Reviewed on 10th December 2016
Emma Emskii Emzie Walton's avatar
Emma Emskii Emzie Walton

always excellent service

there is never an occasion that leaves me disappointed with First Direct. They always offer speedy, reliable and secure services that are only a phone call away

Reviewed on 14th November 2016