first direct Regular Saver Account Reviews

First Direct savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at First Direct. How easy is it to contact First Direct? And how friendly are they? Our First Direct savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

first direct Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Regular Saver Account Reviews

Review first direct's Regular Saver Account now

Amazing customer service and good saving rate

I have had a positive customer service experience with ever interaction. I have been with first direct bank for many years and they truly are leading the way for customer service

Reviewed on 10th March 2021
Lindsey's avatar
Lindsey

Makes you save and that's good

Overall First Direct's service is great anyway but I really like this account and open one each year. I'm a reluctant saver and easily distracted but because you lose the bonus savings rate if you take your money out this one really makes me stick to it unless I really really need the money (which Im usually able to convince myself I can manage without).

Reviewed on 5th May 2020
sharmck's avatar
sharmck

Good interest rate

decent interest rate and great customer service!

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
John's avatar
John

Great product...

...From a great bank, great online services and super staff at the end of the phone

Reviewed on 27th January 2020
LOu's avatar
LOu

Bank that is losing its way

I have been a first direct customer for 30 years and it led the way in telephone banking for all this time. But the era of telephone banking is ending and FD hasn’t kept up with digital banking. Its app is mediocre, clunky to use and just not up there with banks such as Starling.

Their strength is still their people on the phones but when I rang up a few weeks ago to set up standing order I was asked did I know I could do this on-line. I replied yes and was then asked “would you like me to show you how to do it?” I replied “No, this is why I am ringing you”.

After that and the significant reduction in their interest rate for the regular saver account, I switched my main account to Starling and my regular saver to Kent Reliance.

FD are still a good Bank but ate no longer the best. They need to provide the same cutting edge banking they did in the 80s and 90s and that is being leaders in digital banking.

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
CB's avatar
CB

Always brilliant

Every time I contact them they are helpful. And are lovley even with the most basic of questions!!

Reviewed on 7th January 2020
Jay's avatar
Jay

great bank

never had any issues. would recommend

Reviewed on 14th December 2019
Chrispy1986's avatar
Chrispy1986

Savings

Easy to set up and excellent rates

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Vals's avatar
Vals

Great interest rate for the regular saving account

Very competitive interest rates, easy account to set up and great online security

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Fiona King's avatar
Fiona King

Excellent Customer Service

I switched to First Direct a few years ago and I must say I have received fantastic customer service on every occasion that I have contacted them. I have recommended First Direct to family and friends however, my only issue is that as they don't have an actual site they may not be able to provide all the services one may receive from other financial institutions (for e.g. I made enquiries about opening an Executor's Account but they don't provide this service). I will continue to bank with First Direct as I am generally happy with their overall service.

Reviewed on 2nd October 2019
AP's avatar
AP

Great rate, great monthly contribution limit

This monthly saver has a great 5% Interest rate and allows you to pay £300 into the account monthly. This is higher than most other accounts who only allow a £200-£250 contribution

Reviewed on 15th April 2019
Gareth Hole's avatar
Gareth Hole

Absolutely THE best

I have always had great customer service from first direct. The Regular Savings account interest rate is one of the best on the market. It’s a great way to save.

Reviewed on 21st January 2019
Margaret 's avatar
Margaret

VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE

top bank, great AER, highest interest rate and also love the app simple and highly secure!

Reviewed on 28th November 2018
kkhimji2001's avatar
kkhimji2001

High Interest

The best saving account from the most reliable bank.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2018
Brenda Collinson's avatar
Brenda Collinson

Great customer service.

I changed banks from Barclays and the swap could not have gone easier with emails explaining each step. Also received Bose headphones for changing to them.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2018
dancla's avatar
dancla

Great Customer Service

The staff are always professional, friendly and helpful!

Reviewed on 10th November 2018
Julie Deane's avatar
Julie Deane

Interest

Excellent interest rate from a superb online bank.

Reviewed on 10th November 2018
stuart watmough's avatar
stuart watmough

Great Interest Rate

I switched my current account to FD around a year ago, and as part of the deal, you get a linked regular saver account. You can save up to £300 a month on a date of your choice, and you get a whopping 5% interest. It's a fixed 12 month deal, but you can open another and start again after the 12 months. The current account is great, and the regular saver account is the cherry on the cake!

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
MrsMac_99's avatar
MrsMac_99

No problem banking

Easy to use banking, works very well, allows you to be in charge of your accounts

Reviewed on 7th November 2018
june's avatar
june

Excellent account

Regular saver allows me to save at a great rate of interest and means I don't touch the money whilst I'm saving!

Reviewed on 5th November 2018