AA Breakdown Cover Reviews

Visit website

Like many drivers, breaking down is not something we want to think about! But when it happens, You'll be thankful that you're with a good breakdown cover provider. That's were our AA breakdown cover reviews come in. You can read and write YOUR AA Breakdown cover reviews. We started Smart Money People to help drivers like you to find the best breakdown cover based on our honest reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

AA Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Breakdown Cover Reviews

Review AA's Breakdown Cover now

Totally useless!

When my daughter had a road traffic accident on the M5 she was told, “sorry we don’t come out to accidents, only breakdowns”. My son’s parked car was hit and left with the bumper hanging off. He was told, “sorry we can’t attend as the car is drivable”. Consequently, he drove a mile and the bumper fell off completely. Wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole!

Reviewed on 19th December 2020
Nigel Phillips's avatar
Nigel Phillips

No Stars - Appalling Help - Refused To Change A Faulty Battery

AA Job No - 3031 - On Date... Read more

AA Job No - 3031 - On Date 20/11/2020

No Stars.

This was the worst experience in all my years as a member of the AA, by a country mile and the first where the AA Representative attending refused or could not change over a faulty battery!

The AA Representative stated a prior Medical Condition prevented him from replacing the failed battery with a new battery.

Ergo, what is the point of a mechanic who cannot or will not change a car battery!
The AA clearly states it carries spare batteries in their vans... Is this just for show!

Hence, we were left to solve the urgent issue ourselves, with the car running and told not to switch it off, whilst the AA representative disappeared off into the distance.

Thank you Kwik Fit for coming to our rescue and solving the issue.

Appalling service from this AA representative.

Again... No Stars!

Reviewed on 23rd November 2020
David Winsper's avatar
David Winsper

Used a few times and have always been friendly and helpful

Reviewed on 19th September 2020

Reviewed on 28th August 2020
Abdul raouf Samadi's avatar
Abdul raouf Samadi

Great insurers

Trustworthy, prompt and reliable.

Reviewed on 25th August 2020
ImoTin's avatar
ImoTin

Used for years

We have been using The AA for a number of years, always there in our hour of need and staff very good, not had any problems

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Joanne Redfern's avatar
Joanne Redfern

Really good

great service great value - would recommend to anyone

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Danni's avatar
Danni

Pricey but worth it

Bit expensive compared to other companies, but always quick to arrive and able to fix the issue.

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Steven Grummett's avatar
Steven Grummett

Very Good response time

I once broke down to a battery in my car breaking , AA were quick to get out to me (less than 30 mins) and were very helpful and replaced my battery for me, I Only had to pay for the battery. And they gave me nearly a month to pay for it or I could pay for it in chunks. I loved my time with AA. I'm no longer with them now as my new car insurance doesn't have a deal with them.

Reviewed on 9th July 2020
James Grant's avatar
James Grant

Excellent quick service amazing company

Reviewed on 5th July 2020
Lawrence Whayman's avatar
Lawrence Whayman

Excellentservice

I recently had to call.out the AA several times and every time they were patient, friendly and professional.

Reviewed on 2nd July 2020
Lorna brown's avatar
Lorna brown

Very good.

Car broke down and they arrived super quickly to fix the problem. It was all covered and they were lovely.

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
blvulture's avatar
blvulture

Quick

quick to come and save me when i broke down

Reviewed on 2nd May 2020
Daniel Davies's avatar
Daniel Davies

Driver took advantage of vulerable woman and kids to upsell

AA driver attended a breakdown of my wife's electric car on a cold January day. The Wife, two kids aged 7 and 4 and elderly mother-in-law were in the car. The AA engineer turned up (late) then said he didn't know how to fix or move a broken-down electric car. He went on to tell my wife that she HAD to buy an overpriced Relay upgrade otherwise she would be stuck by the roadside indefinitely. He then gave her the office number and a reference to quote when ordering the upgrade (presumably so he got his commission) and left her there.

My wife did not like being bullied like this, but the children were cold and hungry so she relented. I re-assured her that we would likely be able to reclaim the costs via a complaint. The relay call was attended by a different engineer who got the car moving within 60 seconds of arriving (the problem was just a discharged 12V battery) and was baffled at why the earlier engineer did not know how to fix it. According to him, ALL AA engineers are trained on starting electric vehicles.

It seems that some of them are also trained on taking advantage of the vulnerable to earn commission on membership upgrades.

When I raised a complaint to the head office, the driver's conduct was justified on account of "small print" in the membership contract, doubling down on his reprehensible behaviour. The message this sent to me is that this engineer was not a one off, but rather mistreatment of Customers for financial gain is systemic at the AA - to the point where they actually write in special contract terms to enable and protect it.

I urge anyone considering breakdown cover to avoid the AA like the plague and go with one of the many, many other options out there. Their well-known brand is not an assurance of quality but a screen they hide behind to exploit their Customers. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

Reviewed on 21st March 2020
Nicholas Farina's avatar
Nicholas Farina

Awful in every way - dishonest & uncaring

The AA told me lies when they thought I would sign up - once they realised I was a member (and i didnt know I was still a member because they had previously told me I wasnt - so I had to struggle with a non starting car prior to this) they soon changed their tune.
If you want a lot of stress, to be on hold a lot, & to pay money for nothing, join the AA.

Reviewed on 6th March 2020
TJM's avatar
TJM

Cannot be trusted

Can’t be t... Read more

Can’t be trusted!!
Can’t be trusted!!
My wife’s car broke down after dark on a busy country road in heavy rain. The AA refused to attend because she was lucky enough to stop on a garage forecourt which was much safer than the roadside. The AA said that they will not recover from a garage forecourt, even though the garage was closing. She was told by the AA that she should have stopped at the side of the road or in (an even darker) side turning. Fortunately a family member was able to rescue her. This was important as she was on her way home from Addenbrooke’s hospital. I will never use the AA again- they cannot be trusted!

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Bill's avatar
Bill

Always fast, professional and practical.

I've had to use AA twice for breakdowns. As a woman sometimes I'm concerned my lack of car knowledge will lead to me being taken advantage of, however AA have made me feel the opposite. They have always been extremely kind, taken time to explain things and suggested appropriate solutions for my needs.

Reviewed on 1st December 2019
faylou90's avatar
faylou90

Professional and reliable

The AA have been going as long as anyone else, and they've always been there when I've needed them.

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
topbong's avatar
topbong

Worse Company in the World cause damage not fix it!!

Worse company in the world to deal with. My car has a fault which the patrol then added more problems when he damaged my ECU. Put in a claim straight away as soon as my Land Rover garage told me, they make me wait 6 weeks to come back to me and basically say Land Rover don’t know what they’re talking about cause the AA in house guys say their Patrol wouldn’t cause that issue. Even though I have CCTV evidence, proof from garage and Land Rover Uk. Ask them if their OBD readers and jump packs are regularly inspected and certificated (which they are) but they won’t supply evidence of this

Reviewed on 5th September 2019