Aviva Car Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Aviva car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Aviva car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Aviva before, you too can write a short Aviva car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Aviva Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Aviva's Car Insurance now

Aviva Shame on you

Aviva have proved to be very expensive. Please check out other companies before renewing. My mother had her renewal this year which had gone up £200 since last year. She has a clean driving record, no reported accidents and has her house insurance through this company. I phoned Aviva to say that £700 was far too expensive and the AA along with other companies were quoting £309.00. I asked if they could match this and they point blank said that the don't price match under any circumstances. I asked why it had gone up over £200 this year and he said that there could be over 100 plus reasons, so too many to talk about. My mother has been a customer of theirs for many years and I felt this lack of customer care was very very poor. We obviously changed her insurance to the AA who were kind, courteous and very helpful. Aviva did not care about losing a long term customer. Shame on you.

Reviewed on 12th December 2020
P Brown's avatar
P Brown

Terrible insurance company

I thought being a big company, they would be trusted, but my wife's car, a Bentley is written off, they won't help and I can hardly get through to them, they have literally just ignored the claim, Completely disgusted with there service

Reviewed on 20th November 2020
W askew's avatar
W askew

Not bad

Easy to order and not so bad when claiming

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Jill Fairbanks's avatar
Jill Fairbanks

Easy to set up

It was really easy to set up a policy with Aviva. The quote was incredibly quick and easy and it was good value too. I’m really pleased with them.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Rachael Hughes's avatar
Rachael Hughes

A competitive Quote

I have been with Aviva for Car Insurrance for 3 years now and i have always been offered an excellent quote everytime when it comes to renewals

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Muhammad's avatar
Muhammad

Good customer service

Good customer service but there are some cheaper alternatives. Good discounts offered with multiple insurance policies

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Charisb's avatar
Charisb

Fast and professional

After an accident that wasn't my fault, Aviva took care of everything and using my witness won my claim in a professional and speedy manner.

Reviewed on 8th September 2020
Emma 's avatar
Emma

Paying £200 more just for a change of address - and it's a safer area!

Last year, I was paying £1,344.24 a year over monthly instalments for my Aviva car insurance. The only thing that has changed since August 2019 is my address. However, the renewal quote they offered me is now £1,568.74 - over £200 more ex... Read more

Last year, I was paying £1,344.24 a year over monthly instalments for my Aviva car insurance. The only thing that has changed since August 2019 is my address. However, the renewal quote they offered me is now £1,568.74 - over £200 more expensive!

How can my insurance increase by £200 due to a change in address? I could understand if I now lived in a rough area. However, Esher is much safer than High Wycombe, and I can also now put my car in a garage; so if anything, it is even SAFER than it previously was.

My car insurance should be decreasing; since I have another year of no claims. I will now be looking to buy car insurance elsewhere. What Aviva have offered me is extremely unfair.

Reviewed on 17th August 2020
Tom Frederick's avatar
Tom Frederick

Great Service

Great customer service at purchase and claims . Very prompt responses

Reviewed on 7th August 2020
Karen Oliver's avatar
Karen Oliver

Tops for Customer Service

Excellent customer service received from Aviva. Could not be more helpful, kind or understanding.

Reviewed on 24th July 2020
Vicki Loftus's avatar
Vicki Loftus

Very competitively priced

Really friendly customer service. Very helpful on the phone. Competitive priced policy

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Sharron Page's avatar
Sharron Page

Excellent service and app

I love the aviva drive app. It helps me save on my annual premium. The online portal is also a great place to check my documents and renew the coverage every year.

Reviewed on 30th June 2020
PG's avatar
PG

Awesome

The best car insurance. They are reasonably. Customers services are great and they are open. If you change anything about your car they dont charge you whereas some other insurance charge you even if you do it yourself on online but Aviva is not like... Read more

The best car insurance. They are reasonably. Customers services are great and they are open. If you change anything about your car they dont charge you whereas some other insurance charge you even if you do it yourself on online but Aviva is not like that.

Reviewed on 13th June 2020
Folashade Balogun 's avatar
Folashade Balogun

Good Price Car Insurance

Competitive prices as you would expect from such a big company, but also great customer service which maybe you wouldn't.

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Nick R's avatar
Nick R

Very good customer experience, for a new driver.

Aviva were one of the only companies that would insure me on my dad's lease car, when I had passed my test. It was so useful that they charged a reasonable price for the insurance and the insurance itself was very good value for money.

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Violet Phillippo 's avatar
Violet Phillippo

Aviva/ dishonest cheaters

Aviva are completely crooked, they failed to settle my claim after a four and a half month wait... Read more

I provided everything they asked and more including photos of the accident
My vehicle had been involved in a hit and run
Aviva disputed that it could of happened the way it did and may as well called me a liar although I had been with aviva for ten years having never had a claim in the past from them. The acted in a very unprofessional manor and never returned my calls even when I called them repeatedly over a four and a half month period
Very bad business in my opinion
Completely unprofessional
I’m taking them to court
And shall continue to post my experience.
I hope you don’t find out the hard way, like I did,
About aviva
When you look at there own web reviews page, it paints a picture of happy customers, but all the reviewers on other sites seem to feel the same way as I do
Look for yourself

Reviewed on 5th November 2019
Remus Gillan's avatar
Remus Gillan

Was bad a long time ago,no problems now

Was let down when I was a new driver,15years ago. But. I conplainnts now. Competitive price. Just have to be a lucky driver so I don’t have to claim again I hope!!

Reviewed on 15th September 2019
Rachel's avatar
Rachel

Great for new drivers

Competitively priced car insurance for a new driver, which was really useful.

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
Violet Phillippo 's avatar
Violet Phillippo

Great car insurance provider

I am enjoying my time at Aviva. They always provide with effective cover and when i fall into financial difficulties, there are always there to help

Reviewed on 13th September 2019
Sas Etteh's avatar
Sas Etteh

Customer really does come first

We actually decided to go to Aviva as a Customer after our car was in a... Read more

We actually decided to go to Aviva as a Customer after our car was in a bump.
We was parked when a elderly Gentleman drove into us.
He was a customer of Aviva and they got in touch with my husband immediately and got our car fixed. We was so impressed my husband took out Aviva Car Insurance and it was great value.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019