Sheilas Wheels Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 107 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Sheilas Wheels car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Sheilas Wheels car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Sheilas Wheels before, you too can write a short Sheilas Wheels car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Sheilas Wheels's Car Insurance now

AVOID AT ALL COST - DONT WANT TO PAY OUT - SCAMMERS

By far the worst car insurance provider I’ve ever dealt with. Car stolen in April and it took 8 days to receive a call back from an engineer to discuss the theft. Further 2 weeks for a valuation to be told they were deducting £13,000 from the valuation. Read more

50% of the total value of the car because of undisclosed points on a named driver. This driver suffered from a stroke at the time of auto renewal and was in hospital clearly not thinking about about car insurance!

The named driver wasn’t involved in the claim, it was stolen from our house so the incident has no connection to the named driver. Yet Sheila’s wheels are strong arming us and bullying us and taking £13,000 off our claim as compensation for an SP30 ticket. This “fair” to them.

Further penalty for a mileage discrepancy. 5,500 estimated in 12 months and in we drove 12,000 in 24 months. That’s 500 miles a year over estimation….. working out at 1.3 miles more per day over. How can this be a way of deducting our claim by £13,000??

I presume if we did less miles than estimated we wouldn’t be rewarded and get money back?
To compound the fear of having been burgled, it took over 10 attempts of being on hold for hours to get through to someone who offered no sympathy or help, just the news that they would Be taking £13,000 off our claim and keeping as compensation. A crippling amount of money to take off and without any offer of financial support or direction if this would cause financial hardship.
All you get is an email saying that’s the amount we would get and to take it to The financial ombudsman. Shockingr service for any insurance company and will be telling every one I know to avoid Sheila's wheels like the plague. Disgusting customer service, bullying tactics the whole way and ZERO support when we actually needed it most. AVOID Sheila’s wheels!!!

Reviewed on 21st June 2022
Jessica Grayson's avatar
Jessica Grayson

Didnt Fully Repair. No Hire Car Provided

I had been a member of sheilas wheels for 10 years. Had a non-fault crash this year. Was not provided with a courtesy car either from garage or insurer despite it being on policy. Had to hire one out of my own pocket - sent them receipts - refused to pay Read more

I had been a member of sheilas wheels for 10 years. Had a non-fault crash this year. Was not provided with a courtesy car either from garage or insurer despite it being on policy. Had to hire one out of my own pocket - sent them receipts - refused to pay. The repair was fully done - Still have dent and scratches to the car - garage refused to repair more - said speak to Sheilas Wheels - they just always hung up on me when putting me through to someone else. Now looking at going to small claims court to get costs back.
Like many of these insurers polite on phone but will not do what you pay them for. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!

Reviewed on 10th June 2022
London Living's avatar
London Living

Always long waits on phone, nobody cares.

I have been chasing my return of the excess on my car insurance for nearly 5 months. They always say 'it's really busy at the moment.' It's always really busy. I am still getting passed from pillar to post. My call wait today is approaching 30 minutes. I Read more

I have been chasing my return of the excess on my car insurance for nearly 5 months. They always say 'it's really busy at the moment.' It's always really busy. I am still getting passed from pillar to post. My call wait today is approaching 30 minutes. I would avoid this company. The customer service is really bad and has been for the last 5 months.

Reviewed on 29th April 2022
Lorraine Tye's avatar
Lorraine Tye

Rubbish company

Not give deposit back after I closed my policy this company refused to pay deposit back

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
marian petcu's avatar
marian petcu

Mnogo korektna kompaniq

Predlagat dobri zastrahovki,gavkavi ysloviq,otzivshivi i vinagi sa goto i da te izslyshat.

Reviewed on 15th March 2022
Plamen's avatar
Plamen

Claimed the recent storm wasn't a storm so they wouldn't cover damage

Absolutely do not trust this company. If you're faced with that response, ask for a full written final response to your complaint. Then take it up with the FSA. Additionally, try the ASA for their online advert regarding "House blown away in a storm? We'l Read more

Absolutely do not trust this company. If you're faced with that response, ask for a full written final response to your complaint. Then take it up with the FSA. Additionally, try the ASA for their online advert regarding "House blown away in a storm? We'll cover...". Also contact the MET office for input in regards to "It's not a storm".

Reviewed on 2nd March 2022
Simon's avatar
Simon

Sheila's Wheels/ Esure. Racist

Sheila's Wheels/ Esure. Racist. Discrimination. If you are a beautiful person of colour. you will be discriminated against regardless of your loyalty. Failure to investigate a false and fraudulent claim against you. Then when you complain about not receiv Read more

Sheila's Wheels/ Esure. Racist. Discrimination. If you are a beautiful person of colour. you will be discriminated against regardless of your loyalty. Failure to investigate a false and fraudulent claim against you. Then when you complain about not receiving any updates on the matter for over 7 months. They try to close the case and pay the fraudulent claimant as it's more cost effective as you are not seen as worthy.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Real's avatar
Real

12 Consecutive Years with them, Two Claims - Overall a little more expensive but seemingly worth it

I am not one for loyalty but year in year out Sheilas Wheels have been comparable to other companies in like-for-like prices. However, this year there was a considerable jump in premium. Other "known" name companies were quoting £100 cheaper and with ca Read more

I am not one for loyalty but year in year out Sheilas Wheels have been comparable to other companies in like-for-like prices. However, this year there was a considerable jump in premium. Other "known" name companies were quoting £100 cheaper and with cashback it could be £135 ish saved. However, having looked at reviews for these cheaper companies it seems that they are terrible when it comes to making a claim.

In my 12 years with them I have had two claims. One was clear cut no-fault as I was rear side swiped by a lady who admitted 100% fault and one was not my fault but got ruled as a 50/50. In both cases Seilas Wheels were relatively easy to deal with - they organised a courtesy car quickly, arranged to collect my damaged car and take it to their repairer (then delivered it back) and gave me a named "claims handler". The second case was a little odd as the other party was insurced with esure who are the "same" company as such as Sheilas Wheels so in effect one side of the same company were claiming against themselves on the other side of the same company but I was assured that they have audited systems in place to ensure the claim is treated with absolute fairness.

I have spent the last two full days running car insurance quotes and trying to find company reviews and I have been very tempted to go for the potential £135 "saving" on the cheaper quotes but in the end I have decided to stay with Sheilas Wheels as their customer service has always been good and I have experienced that overall they treated me well in my two claims with them.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Greta Brownridge's avatar
Greta Brownridge

Good until you need them

Had a life changing diagnosis so needed to cancel my insurance until further notice. They took a monthly payment yesterday and have taken £49.22 to cancel today with only two months left on the policy. Immoral bunch of cretins. Don’t mind paying a minimal Read more

Had a life changing diagnosis so needed to cancel my insurance until further notice. They took a monthly payment yesterday and have taken £49.22 to cancel today with only two months left on the policy. Immoral bunch of cretins. Don’t mind paying a minimal admin fee, but nearly £50 is disgraceful considering it’s a click of button.

Reviewed on 3rd February 2022
K8jkj's avatar
K8jkj

Good until you need them ..

Reviewed on 3rd February 2022
K8jkj's avatar
K8jkj

Competitive price but woeful claim support

Had an accident on Saturday. Still haven't got a nominated repairer or date. Trying to get through to Sheila's Wheels is very difficult, they simply do not employ sufficient staff. The worst insurance experience I've had in 30 years driving. Do not choose Read more

Had an accident on Saturday. Still haven't got a nominated repairer or date. Trying to get through to Sheila's Wheels is very difficult, they simply do not employ sufficient staff. The worst insurance experience I've had in 30 years driving. Do not choose Sheila's wheels are your next insurer.

Reviewed on 18th January 2022
Ian Mack's avatar
Ian Mack

Always good customer service

Handled a no-fault incident and claim well. Documents well written.

Reviewed on 15th January 2022
Jennifer Brook's avatar
Jennifer Brook

Money grabbing company

Money grabbing company. Poor customer service.

Reviewed on 8th January 2022
charliepotter96@gmail.com's avatar
charliepotter96@gmail.com

Absolutely worst insurance company i have ever dealt with

I had a car accident on the 14th of December 2021. I rang the insurance company, and it took me an hour to get through, eventually towed my car away 2 hours later. Tried to get through to the insurance company 10 times, 1 hour wait. I eventually rang the Read more

I had a car accident on the 14th of December 2021. I rang the insurance company, and it took me an hour to get through, eventually towed my car away 2 hours later. Tried to get through to the insurance company 10 times, 1 hour wait. I eventually rang the company who towed my car away to find out which assessment garage my car had been towed to. still no info from insurance company, no rental car ,because they are waiting to see if it is a write off before they can make this decision. customer service are irritable on the phone with you when you are eventually able to speak to them. I have never had an accident in 33 years of driving and never want to deal with such an appalling company and service again in my life. absolutely disgusted with the way they have handled my claim and it is still ongoing.

Reviewed on 30th December 2021
Tracy Mears's avatar
Tracy Mears

Awful company do not get car insurance

This is the worst company no communication sent my car two hours away from where I live and gave the wrong details of where it was

Reviewed on 29th December 2021
Kelly's avatar
Kelly

Nightmare auto

This service is a nightmare. The automated service is useless and pathetic. No customer service just goes on and on . A total waste of my time. Sorry I insured with them. Now I know who they belong to won’t make the same mistake again

Reviewed on 2nd December 2021
Yvonne's avatar
Yvonne

Broken contract, no communication, left without a car for nine days

Had a very minor collision, was told by Sheilas' Wheels to submit photos of the damage on their website for assessment. I did this and got an email from them saying that my car was a total loss as the cost of repairs was more than the car was worth. I was Read more

Had a very minor collision, was told by Sheilas' Wheels to submit photos of the damage on their website for assessment. I did this and got an email from them saying that my car was a total loss as the cost of repairs was more than the car was worth. I was very surprised by this, as the damage was minimal. I rang the company to discuss this and was told that one of their engineers had decided that he wanted it to be assessed at a garage to see if the car could be repaired instead of written off, and that if repairs could be made then I would be provided with a courtesy car.
Car was picked up on Wednesday for the assessment. Six days later I had still not had any contact from the insurer to tell me what the outcome of the assessment was, so I rang the garage. They informed me that my car wasn't a total loss at all, sand they had started repairs several days ago. I asked why I hadn't been told and they said they had let the insurer know, who should have passed it on to me. I asked why I hadn't been given a courtesy car, they said they were never told that I was entitled to a courtesy car, and that the earliest they could get one to me would be the same day that my car was expected to be returned to me.
I rang Sheilas' wheels to ask why I hadn't been informed that my car wasn't a totaly loss as they had stated, why I hadn't been told that repairs had been started, and why I hadn't been given a courtesy car. All the memeber of staff said was "I don't know, sorry" over and over again. The woman I spoke to said she would inform the person who was handling my case of the situation and get him to give me a call back. Well I never got a call back and I never got any answers.
The courtesy car is in my contract with Sheilas' Wheels, they broke that contract by not holding up their end of it, while also leaving me without a car for nine days (which made my life very difficult). The fact that I was incorrectly told that my car was a total loss as well as the total lack of communication from them throughout the entire process was absolutely not acceptable. I will not be using them again.

Reviewed on 15th October 2021
Lucy Stevenson's avatar
Lucy Stevenson

Great Service brilliant people. Super Professional

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
Gary Hughes 's avatar
Gary Hughes

Happy with it

No issue so far. Not had any reason to really contact them though.

Reviewed on 12th September 2021
Jess Day-Pollard's avatar
Jess Day-Pollard

Great quote & Great customer service

My quotes don't leave me in shock and it was quick & easy to arrange for assistance when my car tyre was badly punctured/torn on exposed metal whilst ì had my kids with me, the sort of customer service I like to experience

Reviewed on 23rd August 2021