Sheilas Wheels Car Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Sheilas Wheels car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Sheilas Wheels car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Sheilas Wheels before, you too can write a short Sheilas Wheels car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Sheilas Wheels Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Sheilas Wheels's Car Insurance now

AVOID. Obstruction and delay tactics all the time

I have tried to cancel the auto renewal of my policy and it's a nightmare. The website is useless. They don't respond to emails, you cannot get through on the chat service, and once I got through to their phone service it took forever just to speak to someone. They have minutes of introductory recorded chat that is nothing to do with what you want. They do everything they can to obfuscate and get you to give up. I eventually got through and was asked to hold twice. Then they tell me I can't stop the auto renew until the final 30 days of the policy. How can this be legal?

Reviewed on 7th October 2020
mutleyb's avatar
mutleyb

Shocking

Wish I could give zero stars for these clowns

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Barry's avatar
Barry

DO NOT trust this company!

DO NOT trust this company! Each representative says a completely different thing, the wait times are very long on the phone, and they put me in a terrible situation that could have had serious consequences! They allowed me to be insured as a secondary driver on my friend's car, and then when we called to renew the policy, they told me my policy with them was never valid, meaning I had been driving without insurance for almost 2 weeks! They stated that they only cover UK-residents, and thus had just ignored me multiple times when I told them I live in France and have a French driver's license. I was stuck on a vacation with an uninsured car and had to take out temporary insurance for 100£ for one day! To top it off, they refused to refund the amount of my policy! Terrible company, almost ruined my 35th birthday trip!

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Sydney's avatar
Sydney

Stopped switching

I used to switch car insurance every 12 months, I decided around 4 years ago that I don't mind paying a couple of pounds extra to remain with Sheilas Wheels (but most of the time they are cheaper anyway!) They are a lovely company to deal with and they have made swapping vehicles / cover super easy by allowing this to happen through their web portal.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020

Reviewed on 18th August 2020
John 's avatar
John

Fantastic service

Now I am yet to make a claim but I can say with certainty that Sheilas Wheels offer some of the most competitive prices around, even to a relatively new driver such as... Read more

Now I am yet to make a claim but I can say with certainty that Sheilas Wheels offer some of the most competitive prices around, even to a relatively new driver such as myself.
I have had to make use of their temporary insurance to allow myself to drive my girlfriends car whilst mine was in the garage and have taken advantage of both types they offer (one being to swap the vehicle you're insured to drive and the other being that you are insured on two cars at once). Either way, regardless of the amount of notice you are giving, they are particularly helpful in explaining the terms of your new policies and making sure you feel comfortable.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2020
Max Derner's avatar
Max Derner

Unreasonable and amoral.

I have been charged to cancel a policy (one which wouldn't even have come into effect for 23 days!). Not only that, but I needed to cancel the policy because I'd inadvertently made a mistake when I took it out (only... Read more

I have been charged to cancel a policy (one which wouldn't even have come into effect for 23 days!). Not only that, but I needed to cancel the policy because I'd inadvertently made a mistake when I took it out (only yesterday).

Having noticed my mistake this morning, and not wishing to clog up the company's telephone lines if I could avoid it, I requoted myself online on their own website. I got the cover sorted (correctly this time) with all extras that I required added in. In fact, this is a more expensive policy - but that is neither here nor there.

My problem is that I wasn't able to then close the first policy online.
In this day & age, why?

So, having tried to avoid calling and running through all this administration over the telephone in a long-drawn-out call with a member of their staff, I was now in a position where I had no choice but to call them. At least it would be a quick, simple & painless call - so no one would be too inconvenienced (or so I thought).

Anyway, having gone through their front-end recorded telephone system (which itself plea with callers for them not to call less their issues are urgent or absolutely necessary - or something similar) I spoke with a chap in their offices.

I very briefly explained the situation, and that I had corrected the issue for myself through their own website - and that I was now satisfied that I have the cover I need in place. My request was that he close/cancel the policy in which I made an error (yesterday). I thought that this would not present any problem at all - this being for a number of reasons:

A) The policy wasn't due to commence covering me until 31 May 2020.
B) I was remaining with their insurance company.
C) There was literally no level of admin effort required of their staff - beyond this single (no more than 5-minute) telephone call.

Anyway, much disappointment followed.
Their staff member informed me that he would be charging me a £26 cancellation fee. I was a little shocked. I asked why and restated that I had remained with their company - and that the policy was not due to start for a number of weeks. I was told that they have a right to charge their cancellation fee (£26) as an administration fee. And I was told that I should have called to have a requote against the policy over the telephone. I explained that I was trying to avoid calling and to avoid being an administrative burden. I asked whether he had any discretion over the charge - he didn't answer that question.

Reluctantly, and without much I could do about the situation, I had to accept a refund minus the £26 admin cancellation fee. It cannot be a bad place to work if the staff are being paid £26 for each 5-minute period worked. That was the only administration required for their business with me - one 5-minute call to cancel a policy which was yet to be enacted.

There was no cognisance of the fact that:

A) I remained with them.
B) I was acting as their front-end telephone system is requesting.
C) The admin fee is in no way (at all) reflective of the actual cost for their staff member's time in speaking with me about this.

If I had called to get a requote and amendment to my policy, I would have taken far more of the staff member's time. And, thinking about it, I would likely have had an equally as oppressive, unfair and unreasonable admin fee levied against me at that point. At least I would have got my money's worth though.

Frankly, I think it's despicable.
I think it's a very poor way to make money; money made from those doing their best to be a good sort of customer. I mean, I'm sorting my insurance weeks before it is due, and I am doing all the leg work myself. I could have disregarded the burden the staff are under during this time of national emergency and simply have called regardless. Amoral and despicable. They ought to feel utterly ashamed of themselves.

Reviewed on 9th May 2020
Tim Davies's avatar
Tim Davies

AVOID THEM

I rated one star as you cannot give zero - which is the rating this "company" should get. They are super easy when it comes to buying insurance, setting up a dd and taking payments from you. The real "fun" starts when you make a claim. They treat you like an enemy, are impolite, you get transferred from one person to another (IF you manage to get in touch) and every person you talk to only tries to get money from you and NOT HELP you, their complaints procedure is a total mess and the whole team doesn't know what they are doing there and how to treat customers (!). They are not interested who is at fault for the accident, they just want you to give up and close the claim, they are not interested in any details, it's just their job to take money from you and when you start asking uncomfortable questions they either give you incorrect information, try to get rid of you or stop responding. That's the worst customer service ever. I will never recommend them! My claim has been there almost half a year and now I am going to take legal steps as this company is RIDICULOUS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND - please avoid them !

Reviewed on 10th November 2019
Alex's avatar
Alex

Easy sign up

Not had to use any breakdown/claim yet, but sign up process was easy and cheapest price.

Reviewed on 15th September 2019
caitlinrio's avatar
caitlinrio

So Far So Good

Only dealing with company so far is online, but so far so good. The only time you can really judge any Insurance Company is if and when it comes time to make a claim, so far fingers crossed I haven't needed to to.

Reviewed on 14th September 2019
Sarah Williams's avatar
Sarah Williams

Good service

Would recommend! Good. fast service!

Reviewed on 13th September 2019
Abbie's avatar
Abbie

Avoid !!!

Im Sheila’s Wheel customer since 2013, both my cars are insured with them. For the first time I was involved in a accident (not my fault) and I been provided with a replacement car for a time of the repair, few weeks repair. I was not happy with the car provided by them and I wanted to change for a smaller car as I feel uncomfortable and unsafe but I been told that is impossible and they can’t help me. I’m not a happy with the customer service, the guy was unhelpful and rude, considering I’m paying lots of money for the last few years and for the first time I need a curtesy car. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
Agnieszka's avatar
Agnieszka

Avoid !!!!

Reviewed on 12th September 2019
Agnieszka's avatar
Agnieszka

Great value

Extremely easy to deal with and very good service

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
Rick's avatar
Rick

Great service and dual car policy

We have had great success in dealing with everyone at Sheilas wheels. Great customer service and good discount for 2 car policy. Also no hassle renewal and easy document access.

Reviewed on 7th September 2019

Quick and easy

Great company, quick and easy. Everything can be done online making changes to your policy fast.

Reviewed on 24th August 2019
owenjones's avatar
owenjones

Good Price

Good price and cover (5* Defaqto at the time). Clear paperwork through their online portal and overall no issue with taking out cover. As with many car insurers we were able to beat the renewal price elsewhere so will be moving on once the policy expires, but no complaints so far.

Reviewed on 14th August 2019
lwdons's avatar
lwdons

Simple, Swift and Competitive

Renewal figure was competitive, process was slick and happy to renew for another year.

Reviewed on 30th July 2019
Chris's avatar
Chris

Does the job

Got a good price, with good cover and friendly customer service. Happy with product and would purchase insurance with them again!

Reviewed on 24th July 2019
Nik M Hopkins's avatar
Nik M Hopkins

Excellent service quick cheap & efficient

Reviewed on 22nd July 2019