Sabre Insurance Car Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Sabre car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Sabre car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Sabre before, you too can write a short Sabre car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Sabre Insurance Review Insight

Speed

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Sabre Insurance's Car Insurance now

AVOID AT ALL COST!

Avoid this insurance company at all cost . They are highly unprofessional and operate like criminals finding any sort of excuse to increase your premium once you have purchased the policy. There staff are highly incompetent and all should be fired or at least retrained in customer service.

They have processed a claim without my knowledge and consent and made ridiculous accusations in an attempt to cancel or increase my premium after a non fault accident. After disputing the matter, providing evidence and speaking to an investigator the company had realised they were wrong they refused to admit to and increased my premium over £15,000 and demanded that I pay within 7 days or else my policy would be cancelled and they will not be refunding my premium.

I have failed several complaints the company have refused to take any action and i have passed the matter onto the financial ombudsman and I have asked specialist to look into the matter.

AVOID! at all cost the cheap premium is not worth the headache and nightmare of customer service you will receive from this incompetent and criminal like insurance company. They do not deserve a single star.

Also avoid there other sister company GoGirl Insurance!!!!!

Reviewed on 7th April 2020

Useless machines on the end of the phone.

Phoned for a windscreen replacement, initially got a human but then transferred to a machine that could not understand a word I was saying. Infuriating and frustrating experience! Auto windscreens found us in spite of being given a partial address and gave excellent, efficient, friendly service.

Reviewed on 25th July 2017

I would give Sabre 0 stars if I could, 1 is too many.

We took out car insurance through Compare the Market, with Sabre Insurance (Smart Drive). We have had the worst experience with them and have now cancelled our... Read more

We took out car insurance through Compare the Market, with Sabre Insurance (Smart Drive). We have had the worst experience with them and have now cancelled our policy.

Their customer service had different levels of training and so on multiple occasions we would be told different things by different people. We paid our insurance premium only to be told that we had to pay and additional premium with an admin fee for no apparent reason.
In addition to that we had to organise for a black box to be installed, we were told by a customer representative that they would be coming at 9am and they didn't turn up until 12.30pm. At which point they told us they wouldn't be able to install the device as they didn't have signal to call and register it.

When we called to cancel our policy the manager was extremely rude, unhelpful and unapologetic for the terrible experience we had.

I would give this 0 stars if I could. 1 star is too many.

Reviewed on 2nd July 2017
Bella Hollis's avatar
Bella Hollis

Appalling customer service - AVOID!!

I was involved in an incident where a motorcyclist crashed into my car. Despite providing Sabre with photographic evidence that the motorcycle was not damaged, they say it was and it has been written off. They made me feel like the person at fault despite the fact that I had witnesses, they have failed to keep me informed as to what stage my claim has reached, they have failed to notify me about anything - i haven't even received a copy of the claimants statement or details of his alleged claim, and some 13+ months later, the claim is ongoing and I am still in the dark. I will never use this company again and advise others to avoid at any cost.

Reviewed on 1st May 2017
Samantha Houlden's avatar
Samantha Houlden

Assistance when it was most needed.

First claim ever after years of driving in many countries so needed help and advice which was given readily and promptly with no hassle. The necessary documentation was dealt with speedily, efficiently and politely.

Reviewed on 19th February 2017
Ronald Hider's avatar
Ronald Hider

Excellent communication after a traumatic experience

After 29 years driving I had my first accident, which I found very traumatic, although luckily I escaped with only minor... Read more

After 29 years driving I had my first accident, which I found very traumatic, although luckily I escaped with only minor injuries.

Sabre were very efficient in sorting the claim and expediting the payment to me. Their communication with me was faultless and I have no hesitation in recommending their services should the worst happen to you.

Reviewed on 28th January 2017
Colette Wilson's avatar
Colette Wilson

1600GT Beetle

Very impressed with how quickly I received a cheque in settlement of my claim. My veteran Beetle was very sadly written off after being hit while parked outside its own home! Cheque arrived the day after car was collected! Sabre were happy to appeal the write-off categorisation on my behalf and also immediately raised the valuation of my car when I queried this. Not only swift but courteous and helpful throughout!

Reviewed on 15th December 2016
Maureen Bulford's avatar
Maureen Bulford

Hassle free

Following an accident Sabre handled my claim speedily and efficiently and from initial contact to final settlement was less than three weeks.I was guided through the claim process and found it stress free.

Reviewed on 3rd December 2016
Dawn Philipson's avatar
Dawn Philipson

Overall great experience - takes a bit of work on the customer side

Had a great experience with my car insurance - took a few too many calls to get the ball going but they were diligent and quick at every step of the way. Would recommend.

Reviewed on 1st December 2016
Leo Meneguiti's avatar
Leo Meneguiti

Claim efficiently dealt with with kind help on the telephone. Write-off valuation revised upwards by a second inspection. All as stressfree as possible. Thank you very much.

Reviewed on 21st November 2016
John Weston's avatar
John Weston

Good service, no complaints

My daughter only had a minor collision, however all airbags were deployed on both vehicles, so both a write off, unfortunately it was her fault. Apart from the vehicle sitting in the garage for quite a while hence running up storage fees, I cannot fault their service. From date of accident to cheque being received was 6 weeks. I would certainly recommend them.

Reviewed on 18th November 2016
Sue's avatar
Sue

Victim of a sabre client car crash

I was the victim of an accident which was non fault, the 3rd party is a client of sabre. Unfortunately my car was written off, however sabre have been outstanding & bent over backwards to get everything sorted for me. My own insurance were appalling & non sympathetic. I can honestly say when I am back on the road I will be seeking this company to insure my next vehicle. Everything has been sorted within a month. I cannot praise this company enough. Every member of staff I have spoken with has been amazing. I find it surprising anyone has had a hard time with them. 10/10 for me. I cannot praise the claims team enough :)

Reviewed on 4th November 2016
Stacey scott's avatar
Stacey scott

I would never recomending using this company

I had a collision that was not my fault as I was hit up the rear. I did everything for this insurance company they did nothing!!!! My car even sat in the salvage yard for a week before it was recovered for assessment and when it was collected it was because I have arranged that.
They wanted to pay me and the finance company by cheque instead of BACS!! How ancient is that and then it still took 3 days to clear even in this day and age where you don't have to pay for immediate transfer!! I am sorry but they really were not helpful at all and now I have got to go through the horrible process of claiming back my access because they took that off me even though this was a no fault accident and they will receive the money from the 3rd party insurance they wont give it to me go figure!!!!

Reviewed on 2nd November 2016
Juliette's avatar
Juliette

Claim review

The claim has been dealt with very well and throughout the whole thing I've been kept up to date. The only thing I could criticise on is how long everything has taken. There has been a long gap inbetween everything happening.

Reviewed on 5th October 2016
Eva jones 's avatar
Eva jones

Absolutely shocking! AVOID!

I was involved in an incident 5 months ago. There was no damage to the other vehicle and I have photographic evidence confirming this. Nonetheless, Sabre has agreed to the other vehicle being written off. They have been unhelpful throughout the whole process and only provide updates on the claim when I chase them. To add insult to injury they have sold details of the accident to a third party claims company who are trying to persuade my passenger to sue me for 'minor discomfort' and recover £2,500 which, they say, Sabre has put aside to pay out. AVOID!!!!

Reviewed on 5th August 2016
Samantha Houlden's avatar
Samantha Houlden

Car Accident Report

My car was involved in an accident which was reported by me to Sabre Insurance LTD within minutes of it happening. I can but give full credit to Sabre for their immediate reaction to my call. Two hours after the call a car transporter arrived at my address, drove the car onto the transporter and whisked it away the a Repairers.
Over the next few days I was swamped with letters from various departments and companies including the DVLA,(All with different Reference numbers) Of course all sorts of information was required.
One activity I felt I should have been a part of was the inspection of my car at the repairers work shop. My car was 11 years old but it had been well looked after and had only done 34,000 miles. The accident only damaged the nearside front wing, bonnet, Headlights etc, plus a small quiarter window in front of the passenger door. There was no other damage to the interior or bodywork right round to the offside doors and panels and front.
The car was still driveable, I drove it home the three hundred yards from the accident The car was inspected by a damage assessor who declared that the repairs would cost more than the value of the car so it should be scrapped.
I felt that I had been ignored and that I should have been allowed to attend the inspection so that I might be able to discuss any possible options with the assessor engineer and the Repairers
Apart from that item described above, I have to say that Sabre were very helpful and called me back with answers to my questions without delay. I also received my compensation cheque much sooner than expected.
Gwyn.

Reviewed on 22nd July 2016
Gwyn Prickett's avatar
Gwyn Prickett

Terrible and RUDE customer service

Absolutely RUDE customer service and a terrible insurance company. They behave like crooks.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2016
M Meah's avatar
M Meah

Exceptional Service

My car was reversed into several times by my neighbour whilst my car was parked in the drive and unoccupied. The neighbour refused to admit he'd done it and there were no eye witnesses but despite this, Sabre were able to negotiate a without prejudice deal with the neighbour's based on strong circumstantial evidence and supporting Engineers Reports. The neighbour's insurers agreed to pay all the repair costs to my car (£1,500) and the £200 Excess I had to pay up front was also Refunded to me. Sabre kept me fully informed throughout the investigation and their dealings with the third party insurers and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Sabre to others and indeed, have already done so!

Reviewed on 9th May 2016
Deborah Carrel's avatar
Deborah Carrel

Car insurance claim

Had a accident in my car and my insurance company paid out within 2 weeks I was happy with the way they acted from start to finish really good insurance company to go with.

Reviewed on 17th March 2016
Richard Clements's avatar
Richard Clements

Excellent service. Thank you.

After an accident where a holiday maker ran into the back of our car and did not report the accident. Debbie Milward of Sabre insurance successfully retrieved all the costs from the third party which included our excess. (which she did not have to do) So she went the extra mile. Many thanks Debbie.

Reviewed on 28th July 2015