Axa Reviews

Ratings based on 185 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

Axa reviews can help you to find out what life as an Axa customer is really like. Axa believe that when their customers need them...the little things they do to help can sometimes make the biggest difference. Smart Money People is the place for Axa reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Axa Review Insight

Home Insurance

Policy worth nothing as they will not pay out on valid claims

Vile company. Abusive liars, out to defraud legitimate claimants. Mis-sold me a policy and refused to honour it putting me through years of hell. Out 25k. They have used every trick in the book to wheedle out. Beneath contempt. Do not use Axa. To date they refuse to answer key questions.

Reviewed on 6th January 2021
Sophie M's avatar
Sophie M

Car Insurance

A disgrace to the UK Insurance industry.

DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY - MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR TIME. Absolutely terrible insurance company. I have never claimed insurance in my life however have paid for over 25 years... due to this company I will be reviewing all of my policies. During my trip i contacted AXA on the telephone to ensure I was covered for some tooth ache I was experiencing, they explicitly advised that i was covered and i should seek immediate treatment, they even offered to find me a dentist. 2 days after treatment they informed me that I was not covered and should settle the bill my self. Shock horror - and consequently the good part of 2 days I spent mitigating this. Thank goodness I wasn't ran over by a car as I would now be paying medical bills for the rest of my life. Be very very aware of this company. They will ruin your holiday but more importantly they could ruin your life.

Reviewed on 21st December 2020
Laurence's avatar
Laurence

Great customer service!

The lady I spoke to on the phone was incredibly helpful and explained to me how I could get the best deal for my car insurance. They were upfront and honest and I feel that they are a good company to have trust in.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Charlotte Carter-Dunn's avatar
Charlotte Carter-Dunn

Excellent and helpful

Claims made easy with approachable and helpful staff during what can be a potentially difficult time.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2020
NK's avatar
NK

Dental Insurance

Fair service

I had 1 claim with them and they were fair with their response and prompt.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2020
Andrew Mccann's avatar
Andrew Mccann

Great value

Great service easy to fill in the forms etc. and great value

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Quizz Guy's avatar
Quizz Guy

Car Insurance

Terrible communication and shocking customer care

Terrible communication and shocking lack of customer care. On the rare occasions I could finally get through I attempted to get my bank changed over which you'd think was simple. They continued to try to take it from an old account so payment failed. As I was having so much trouble I decided not to renew. Just to add salt into the wounds they beat me to it and cancelled my policy because of payment problems. Cheap insurance but you really get the service you pay for.

Reviewed on 23rd July 2020
sten969's avatar
sten969

Trusted and relatively cheap

Didn't get to claim yet so can't say anything about that but the price is ok, getting the insurance was easy and fast. No problem with contact.

Reviewed on 15th July 2020
Izabela's avatar
Izabela

Travel Insurance

Great experience

Quick process and reliable for cover

Reviewed on 14th July 2020
Sbrwn's avatar
Sbrwn

Car Insurance

Never needed them, but prices good

Very cheap premium, but I've not needed to claim so I don't know how good they really are.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
NathanS's avatar
NathanS

Private Health Insurance

Easy access to fast medical treatment at an affordable price

Every time I claimed the claiming process was smooth and claims staff really friendly. Even once when things did go slightly wrong, the issue was resolved quickly.

Reviewed on 9th July 2020
Craig Rogers's avatar
Craig Rogers

Excellent Service

Efficient, caring, listening and competitive.

Reviewed on 7th July 2020

Reviewed on 2nd July 2020
Gardiner's avatar
Gardiner

Home Insurance

Axa insurance is a fraud

The rating is... Read more

The rating is zero.
Do not take out insurance with Axa, they are fraudsters. They take your money and claim you are insured. When you make a claim they tell you that you are not covered.
I have three separate documents, two stating that I am covered for legal assistance and one now refuting the previous two, all documents are from Axa.

Reviewed on 7th May 2020
No's avatar

Protected no claims

Dissapointed that the protected no claims didn't mean that at all, misleading product

Reviewed on 6th May 2020
Lisa Anderson's avatar
Lisa Anderson

Travel Insurance

Fair Travel Cover

Given current world situation, I took care to look at cover offered and compare different companies. Axa provided a favourable level of cover in a way that seemed fair in current circumstances and at a competitive price.

Reviewed on 1st May 2020
Ian A's avatar
Ian A

Car Insurance

Avoid at all costs not worth the hassle if you need to claim

Someone used me to stop 3 weeks ago, so non fault. Not heard a thing since i reported it, must have spent 15hrs of my life to date trying to speak to people, i have supplied all information to date, not bothered chasing the other party, not bothered getting my car looked at and not bothered getting my injuries sorted either, if your rich, great you pay for everything and then they will reimburse you when or if they can be bothered to do anything

Reviewed on 4th March 2020
matthew's avatar
matthew

A brilliant service from Axa Homesmart Insurance

Axa Homesmart insurance has been absolutely brilliant. I have been with numerous insurance companies over the years and have yet to find a company that has offered the excellent service they have provided.... Read more

All their call centres are staffed by individuals who are personable and professional. Their legal advice team - Lyons Davidson Solicitors - are fantastic and have given me excellent advice time and time again.

What's surprising is that their price for insurance beats all the other companies and that includes home emergency and legal advice.

I was previously with Prudential who were also pretty good but not in the same league, and then swapped to Churchill who without doubt were the worst company I have ever dealt with on all fronts. They seem to have the most appallingly rude and incompetent staff you could possibly imagine across claims, customer service, legal and complaints. I can only presume the management team are just not up to the job.

I have just renewed for a second year with Axa and hope to stay with them in future. I highly recommend the company and their home insurance.

Reviewed on 25th February 2020
Julie Davies's avatar
Julie Davies

Car Insurance

Threaten to send debt collector for outstanding premium

Had an accident. Told them I would buy a new car on 14th January and asked for help to carry on with the insurance. 10am phoned them and they quoted me £2000 plus which was the same size of the cheque settlement. I begged the woman to reduce the premium. She said no. Now they are threatening to send 3rd party debt collector for the £160 outstanding premium. How is this fair? I tried my hardest to inform them of my intention and why should they charge £2000 when other companies quoted £800? Because of their greediness, I had to buy another car breakdown service. If they had gone for £1000, I would have stuck with them. No, they just wanted the settlement cheque back. They referred to a quote on page 30 of the policy. How do they expect a layman to read to page 30 of the document. I might as well use a solicitor to buy these stupid insurance.
If I hadn't tried, I would have been so angry. My son has been driving for 6 years. Once you had an accident, you became a leper!

Reviewed on 17th February 2020
A Parrott's avatar
A Parrott

Car Insurance

Endless waiting times, missing money

I'm in contact with AXA since October and now end of January the process is still going on. I've send countless messages and everytime you wait days, if not weeks till you get an answer. Sometimes with the same information you had already thrown at... Read more

I'm in contact with AXA since October and now end of January the process is still going on. I've send countless messages and everytime you wait days, if not weeks till you get an answer. Sometimes with the same information you had already thrown at you again.
The worst thing tho is that they don't want to pay me back all the money from my car rental, although the damage is clearly listed as covered in the document I received when signing the contract.

It's dissapointing. Never AXA again.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2020