first direct 1st Account Reviews

First Direct 1st Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest First Direct 1st Account reviews to find out what life as a First Direct customer is really like. And remember, if you are a First Direct customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of First Direct 1st Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Winner of Best Current Account Provider Winner of ‘Best Current Account Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017
Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your 1st Account Reviews

Review first direct's 1st Account now

Excellent banking service

We have been long standing customers for over 20 years and the service has always been excellent. The customer service staff are a pleasure to deal with nothing is too much trouble for them. I hope to stay with the bank for many years to come.

Reviewed on 25th May 2022
Gjb's avatar
Gjb

tried to apply for an account

Tried 4 times to apply for a current account online but every time got 'sorry technical error we have it recorded. No reason why. I suspect it was because i did not have a mobile to validate myself but.... Tried the number given online if the process fai Read more

Tried the number given online if the process fails - waited 15 minutes - no answer - obviously they didn't know i was a potential new customer.
Tried a number for new customers - got put through to the mortgage department who started taking details about the account i don't have. Explained I was trying open an account He said he would give me the number for new accounts - he gave me the number i started off with - said there would be at least a 20 minute wait - good customer service!!!??? I surrendered - if this is the service for new accounts what is it like for existing customers? Another bank who cannot accommodate non-mobile users.

Reviewed on 3rd May 2022
Ian's avatar
Ian

Best current account

Best customer service of any bank's current account

Daniel Austin's avatar
Daniel Austin

Long standing Account

I have been with First Direct for over 20 years , nothing is ever too much bother, i always coming away very satisfied i have a bank i can trust 24 hours a day.

Racoon0075's avatar
Racoon0075

NO. 1 CUSTOMER SERVICE

EVERY TIME I NEED TO SPEAK TO ANYONE I GET EXCELLENT SERVICE. ALL THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AND LISTEN BEFORE JUMPING IN. I CANNOT PRAISE THEM ENOUGH.

Steve Gothard's avatar
Steve Gothard

First class service

Prompt at answering the telephone with a friendly English-speaking operator, from the UK.

Margaret Riordan's avatar
Margaret Riordan

Really Easy To Use

Always really easy to use on line or by phone. Rarely have any issues but on the odd occasion there has been it was always sorted out quickly, correctly and with an apology

John Breuer's avatar
John Breuer

Amazing Customer Service, Limited Perks

Customer Service from First Direct is always spot on, probably the best out of all the banks. They also offer a £250 interest free overdraft which we rarely use but is a good piece of security if needed. Only downside is that they don’t offer any cashback Read more

Customer Service from First Direct is always spot on, probably the best out of all the banks. They also offer a £250 interest free overdraft which we rarely use but is a good piece of security if needed. Only downside is that they don’t offer any cashback or rewards by shopping at certain companies and you can only carry out in-person tasks at HSBC branches.

Colin Hird's avatar
Colin Hird

Great customer service but app needs improvement/!

Always received excellent customer service,however the app is often difficult to navigate and not user friendly.

Karen Wright's avatar
Karen Wright

Fantastic Service and good app

I switched to First Direct around 12 months ago. The switch was very straightforward and communications excellent. Very good online banking app. I have used the customer service helpline and received an excellent service.

Martina Nugent's avatar
Martina Nugent

Fab First Direct

I switched to First Direct 10 years ago and have never had a problem with them. The app is really simple and easy to use, I couldn’t recommend them enough.

Mel waszkiel's avatar
Mel waszkiel

Very happy

Excellent customer service, the app works well, clear emails, yet to discover any hidden fees. To be honest, First Direct has provided me with the best customer service of any company that I have dealt with here in the UK.

Helen's avatar
Helen

Always there for you

Great service, I've been with them for years. I had a couple of problems with non receipt of goods I'd ordered and they refunded me immediately.

Christine Monk's avatar
Christine Monk

Good telephone banking service

The callcenter staff are knowledgeable and= helpful. Sometimes there is a bit of a call waiting time.

Alison Barker's avatar
Alison Barker

Amazing customer service

I've had very little reason to contact First Direct in the past, because the service is so excellent, however when I have spoken to anyone they have always been very helpful and friendly. I would not bank with anyone else now.

Helen Elizabeth Plant's avatar
Helen Elizabeth Plant

All good. No problems. No quibbles

I switched to first direct from Halifax and have had no problems or difficulties at all.

JoHo's avatar
JoHo

It's just so easy to bank with them

There is nothing better than calling your bank and getting through to a real person within seconds, no press this number for this or that number for that. Real people ready to help straightaway

Belynda's avatar
Belynda

Great bank and customer service

Have been with this bank since they started up. Always excellent service, prompt replies to queries, always answer phone calls within a short time spam ( quite a rarity these days). Excellent for personal banking.

christina elliott's avatar
christina elliott

Great Service

Excellent online facility. Even better phone service.

Reviewed on 2nd April 2022
Deborah Gilbody's avatar
Deborah Gilbody

Failing Customer Service

I've been a first direct customer for 30 years, and the quality of customer service has declined over the last 5 years. I couldn't report a fraudulent transaction via their website/app and when I called them I was out on hold for 10 minutes and then cut o Read more

I've been a first direct customer for 30 years, and the quality of customer service has declined over the last 5 years. I couldn't report a fraudulent transaction via their website/app and when I called them I was out on hold for 10 minutes and then cut off 3 times before I eventually managed to report the transaction.

Reviewed on 1st April 2022