first direct 1st Account Reviews

First Direct 1st Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest First Direct 1st Account reviews to find out what life as a First Direct customer is really like. And remember, if you are a First Direct customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of First Direct 1st Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

first direct Review Insight

Winner of Best Current Account Provider Winner of ‘Best Current Account Provider’ in the British Bank Awards 2017
Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your 1st Account Reviews

Review first direct's 1st Account now

Customer relations do not give a damn

After being a customer for 20 years of first direct, I will be closing my account and going elsewhere due to the lack of customer services received on a... Read more

After being a customer for 20 years of first direct, I will be closing my account and going elsewhere due to the lack of customer services received on a complaint.
Customer relations do not care about the rude and unhelpful service.
Will be raising a complaint with the financial ombudsman!

Reviewed on 10th November 2020
Loan Uong's avatar
Loan Uong

Best service I have ever had!

Just come off the phone after being guided with opening a new account and setting up online banking,... Read more

with the most amazing kind, respectful, and patient young man called Jordan.
I am 74 years old, and technology inept, but Jorden made me feel like I was the most important person on the planet!
I hope everyone over 60 opening an account with First Direct, could have Jordan to set them up, he's amazing! Thank you.

Reviewed on 10th November 2020

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Andy's avatar
Andy

Outstanding Customer Service

All banks should run like First Direct. Although I predominantly use their digital services (which are simple, easy, and feel safe), it's the ability to call and speak to a real human straight away that sets them apart. For anyone worried about using an "internet" bank, you can pop into any HSBC bank for the in-person stuff like depositing money.

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
nczak's avatar
nczak

Unauthorised cancellation of policy

Cancelled my policy without concept when I thought it was active resulting in me driving my car insured for 3 week. Luckily they admitted error and insured me retrospectively but not impressed.

Reviewed on 12th August 2020
Sophie's avatar
Sophie

Downhill

They were great now are just HSBC customer service ...

Reviewed on 17th July 2020
Jez Abel's avatar
Jez Abel

Tankks

Tank kdus I hg if in vbuhnvy ou u jjgcbvhjgh lugfhhh kgfhkjh kvcnjh

Reviewed on 16th July 2020
Petr Dzurko's avatar
Petr Dzurko

Great Service

Great Service. Easy to use AP and 24 hour customer service.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Andrew Wyllie's avatar
Andrew Wyllie

Great app functionality and customer service

I really rate this bank always polite and efficient and the app allows you to do so much such as pay cheques in by scanning them

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Dale Askew's avatar
Dale Askew

A great bank that has been contactable each time we've needed them

I really think First direct are the best bank I've used . I feel they are reliable and trustworthy.

Rebecca Beesley's avatar
Rebecca Beesley

Very helpful, option to do on line or talk to someone

Bayview 's avatar
Bayview

I've been banking with first direct for 20 years, never had a complaint against them in that time. excellent service

Mike Clarke's avatar
Mike Clarke

Great Service

15 years and one bad issue to report. I used to work for one of the big High St banks and can honestly say they were dreadful by comparison

Reviewed on 6th July 2020
Deborah Gilbody's avatar
Deborah Gilbody

Always there

Always answer and a UK call centre

Reviewed on 1st July 2020
am167krp's avatar
am167krp

Great service, great products

Always easy to get hold of, never had a problem with service, never been unhappy with products. Would never move!

Reviewed on 30th June 2020
Lwalklate's avatar
Lwalklate

Very easy and lots of options

The app in particular allows for great control over the 1st account. Very simple and easy to organise.

Reviewed on 27th June 2020
Joe's avatar
Joe

Great and flexible account

Excellent customer service and really helpful .

Reviewed on 20th June 2020
Sarah.Saddiq@gmail.com's avatar
Sarah.Saddiq@gmail.com

No hassle company

I have never had any hassles with them, when I switched from another provider. Sometimes, their app is a little fiddly when requesting passwords.

Reviewed on 4th June 2020
Janice Docherty's avatar
Janice Docherty

Best choice I ever made

I’ve been with first direct for about 4/5 years now & I am so happy that I made that change. Their customer service is first class. They’re banking app is quick and easy to use. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 29th May 2020