Lloyds Bank Travel Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 13 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

Do you buy travel insurance before going abroad? There are hundreds of different travel insurance policies on the market, all designed to help you stay protected while travelling...and giving you piece of mind, whether you're enjoying a sun swept beach or on an adverture-packed holiday. But with so many different policies to choose from, finding the right policy for you can be quite confusing. Reading our Lloyds Bank travel insurance reviews can help you find out what other travellers have to say. You can also write your Lloyds Bank travel insurance review too!

Average

Lloyds Bank Review Insight

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review Lloyds Bank's Travel Insurance now

travel insurance

There is no way to contact lloyds travel insurance. They offer a service that is impossible to access despite trying for several days at various times, for hours on end. No one at Lloyds seems to care about problems with this service that they offer to gold account holders. This no response from Lloyds is disgusting. What a shambles. Shame on you Lloyds

Reviewed on 28th September 2021
Bill Baxter's avatar
Bill Baxter

Lloyds Axa Insurance horrific experience

I have been with Lloyd’s since I was 18 years old. I always thought that having the platinum account was great but I had never had to claim. This year, I was on holiday with my family skiing in France. I got engaged whilst we were there and everything was great until sadly a few days into the holiday, my dad passed away in his sleep. It was a horrendous shock and we had to get home. As soon as we were back, there was a lot to do including completing our claim with Lloyd’s. We gave everything we could give as evidence of what had happened. It is now 6 months later and they have been slow to come back to us, asking us for more information even though this had been given to them and querying everything we had claimed for. They ended up settling for a small amount of the claim with no explanation. The amount they settled was incorrect based on what they had said they had settled on plus they had ignored majority of the claim. How I see it, is that they had settled the minimum of what they thought they could get away with in the hope that we didn’t get back in contact with them. At the hardest time of life, something like this shouldn’t have added to the high levels of stress we were already experiencing. I have chased but not heard back at all. So disappointing.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2020
Lauren Fitzgerald's avatar
Lauren Fitzgerald

No quibble refund

Was held up at knifepoint on Copacabana Beach and lost a lot. Cash , phone, shoes. All refunded immediately with minimum of paperwork. Recommended.

Reviewed on 25th April 2020
NBJ's avatar
NBJ

supportive claim handling

travel insurance claim handled very well

Reviewed on 24th November 2019
djkk's avatar
djkk

Excellent Service

Very sadly, I had to return from holiday 2 days early, due to a dental... Read more

Very sadly, I had to return from holiday 2 days early, due to a dental emergency.
Due to us having a Lloyds Premier account, we get travel cover as part of the benefits, although I should declare that we buy out the excess for a small fee.
I approach travel claims with caution, as although I make very few, past experience has been terrible. To be honest then, this time Lloyds (via Axa the actual insurer) have both surprised, and delighted me.
One 10 minute call was enough to lodge the claim, initial acceptance of it was given on the spot subject to confirmation, and 1/2 a day later, such confirmation received.
I admit my claim was very simple, there were no strange or complicating factors, and I wasn't claiming for anything contentious, but nonetheless, credit where it is due. If the money is paid in 3 to 5 working days as promised, i will have received truly excellent service. And that comes from a professional insurer, which I am.
Insurers have too often disappointed their clients for a variety of reasons some justified, many not, but that is no justification for failing to compliment when it is due.
Well done Lloyds / Axa - you have a genuinely pleased customer!

Reviewed on 5th September 2019
James Maudslay's avatar
James Maudslay

Thoroughly disappointing

If you are looking for ways to throw money down the drain.. bingo you found one! Was going for 0 star but 1 is mandatory

Reviewed on 20th May 2019
M K's avatar
M K

Awful

If you end up having to claim you'll forever be on hold and when you do get through the service is awful. Do not upgrade your Lloyds account for the travel insurance - it's a waste of your time

Reviewed on 11th March 2019
MB's avatar
MB

Racist staff

Terrible customer service and unhelpful in basic banking needs. I tried to complain about the poor service I received but incompetent and racist complaints handlers such as Eileen McShane gives Lloyds Bank a bad name. This bank discriminates against those that are most in need of help and offers no help online or by phone.

Reviewed on 3rd March 2019
Effy's avatar
Effy

Platinum Account - Travel Insurance is AWFUL

Do not pay for the platinum account - the travel insurance is the worst thing. You would be better off chopping your arm off in a travel emergency than using AXA. They A) give you misleading and incorrect advice from the outset. B) bounce you around for months C) do everything humanly possible to avoid paying you out.
Platinum account is not worth it. Waste of 17 pounds per month.

Reviewed on 16th February 2019
Melanie Rosato's avatar
Melanie Rosato

Lousy travel insurance from Lloyds bank arranged by AXA

After submitting a reasonably straightforward travel claim the response by AXA was slow and painful. They did not answer a single email - they would not answer the phone and yet sent me 41 computer generated texts which were worthless. This was the worst customer experience I have ever known. Even their complaints team do not respond-!

Reviewed on 14th September 2018
Alun Davies's avatar
Alun Davies

Automatic renewal was a pain!

I purchased an annual worldwide travel insurance from Lloyds (who I bank with). It seemed comprehensive. I didn't need to use it to claim for anything during the time. Annoyingly it had an automatic renewal so I had a surprise to see £80 taken from my account again 12 months later! I got the refund thankfully, but it caused unnecessary hassle!

Reviewed on 24th July 2017

Good product travel insuranc

Took a bit of time to complete online but this made me feel secure that we were covered for any eventuality

Reviewed on 5th February 2017
Sue 's avatar
Sue

Do not rely on Lloyds Bank (bundle) Travel Insurance

Lloyds Bank are in Breach of about 75% of the Insurance Intermediary... Read more

Lloyds Bank are in Breach of about 75% of the Insurance Intermediary Regulations
They refuse point Blank to provide a copy of the Insurance Policy
Their Benefit Summary is full of errors omissions and ambiguities, many would consider it to be a fraudulent document.
The following are the hurdles to clear to claim for a travel accident
1. You must have been travelling on a public conveyance when the accident happens.
2. You require to have a hand or foot amputation in order to claim
3. If you claim against any other clause in the Benefit Summary a claim for a travel accident will not be paid.

The insurance regulations require Lloyds Bank International IOM to have a professional Indemnity policy but they do not have it.

The regulations require Lloyds Bank's Insurance Intermediary select the best policies available and to visit/speak to the client and to offer the client the most suitable policy

Lloyds Bank don't appear to employ insurance intermediaries. No one spoke to me about the travel insurance in advance. the policy in the bundle was not suitable to my needs, The Bene fit summary does not detail any claims procedures and Lloyds did not supply any claims assistance .

To indicate how helpful Lloyds Bank can be. They receive my letters, they read them, take note of them and file them but do not reply to them.

There is a refusal to pay for a genuine travel accident which required 5 operations on a right arm a multitude of hospital visits and which is paralysed after 3 years of treatment.

Reviewed on 25th October 2016