Hastings Direct Home Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 25 reviews       Last review 1 week ago
  Visit website

Hastings Direct home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Hastings Direct handle your home insurance claim? Our Hastings Direct home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Hastings Direct? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Good

Hastings Direct Review Insight

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Hastings Direct's Home Insurance now

Terrible

Bought a house insurance to cover building and content. When I tried to claim for a cracked and chipped toilet bowl after accidentally dropping a glass perfume bottle in it, I was advised this was not covered at all by neither content or building insurance. This was after 5 days of communication (!) Having disseminated the policy for both, I uncovered that I had paid for a very expensive document that was not worth the paper it was written on. I immediately cancelled it and went back to my old trusted insurer despite being more expensive. PLEASE don't make the same mistake as I did and waste your time or money! Hastings Direct are only a broker not the insurer. The only people benefitting are Hastings.

Reviewed on 16th July 2021
vs8864's avatar
vs8864

Terrible!

Reviewed on 16th July 2021
vs8864's avatar
vs8864

Great price & everything clearly explained

I was very impressed with the quote I was given by Hastings Direct. Staff were very helpful & answered all my questions. I renewed for a second year with Hastings Direct.

Reviewed on 13th July 2020
Mary 's avatar
Mary

Great quote, shoddy service

Their quote on Confused.com for home and contents insurance ticked every box; that is until I tried to complete my purchase with the provider, all I got was a twily wheel which continued for the next 30 mins until it timed out. I contacted by Facebook Messenger, to be informed they were having "technical" issues and they could get someone to call me but it would take up to 3 days (my insurance was due for renewal before that). They then gave me a link to webchat trying to speak to anyone proved impossible. Then I tried phoning - the number given was one which costs £6 to call (very small letters - beware if considering phoning!!). but eventually, after persisting via Facebook messenger they supplied two other numbers - neither of which actually worked! either the person supplying them was clueless about this or they were trying to fob me off
personally I would never consuder thiscompany again; they are a complete joke - if that is how they go about trying to attract new custom I shudder to think about the treatment I could get if I were with them and needed to make a claim. I am glad I never actually parted with any money and took out a policy with them. How they continue to function with this kind of shoddy service is beyone me!

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Christine Evans's avatar
Christine Evans

Home Insurance

Home insurance excess too high to deal with water damage

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
EL's avatar
EL

Avoid immoral staff and ethics

One star rating but would rather zero... Absolutely dreadful company to have dealings... Read more

One star rating but would rather zero... Absolutely dreadful company to have dealings with.
We have had our car stolen so 3 weeks on and no further forward getting a resolution.
Our first communication with Hastings straight away the advisor threw down our necks how much it was going to cost us. Sympathy doesn’t ring out of their mouths they don’t care it’s turned your life upside down.
We have had to purchase another car on finance whilst we wait for them to sort their sorry backsides out.
We sought a new policy with a 64 plate ŠKODA Octavia AA were offering 12 months fully comprehensive for £330 a month £200 excess. We called Hastings (30 mins of being on hold) to see if they could be competitive so the adviser told us if we paid £116 for the rest of the policy (4 months left) we would have no more to pay till Renewal. How wrong she was!!! It turns out as well as the £116 they lied about they still want £29.85 for the next 4 months as well That’s costing us nearly £240 for 4 months insurance!!! When we could have had 12 months for £90 more! Hastings you’re absolutely despicable every member of your “team” doesn’t know if they are a flag or a balloon every adviser pulls bs from the back of their imagination and fill us with lies.
I’m livid and will do my upmost to share the disgusting experience I’ve had. From hours and hours of being on hold sitting through your monotonous Hypocritical recordings, trying a to find an adviser that actually knows something... it’s a joke you’re a joke and as long as I have a hole in my head I will make sure I never use you again and slate your company till I’m blue

Reviewed on 9th November 2019
Adele Dellie Williams's avatar
Adele Dellie Williams

Admin charges after you have taken out the policy

I have had nothing but problems with this... Read more

I have had nothing but problems with this company.
As we had an insurance policy for one car already with this company,
I asked for a quote for another car and got a great price. Unfortunately when the policy came through, they had made it a multicar policy, so the great price was for only 6 months not 12 months, so not great at all.
When I phoned and pointed this out, they wanted to keep £20 for administration even though the policy had not started. The next trick was to pay back £100 less, as they decided they would keep this to cover the remaining months direct debit payments due on the original car policy they had added this vehicle to. After 2 hours of phone calls they agreed to pay everything back.
I then did a quote on two comparison websites and took one of those out. Hastings then called to say the quotes did not match and they would need £55 to amend the policy. I was told I could cancel the policy, but would have to pay £20 admin fee, even though my exact job was not listed on the comparison site. After another two calls they agreed to reduce the extra I would have to pay from £55 to £20 as they would waive their £35 admin fee.
When this policy expires I will not deal with Hastings again as I have a feeling this is their way of bumping up your insurance cost in admin fees.

Reviewed on 10th October 2019
Tom's avatar
Tom

good company

really good company to deal with makes the purchase so much easier

Reviewed on 28th July 2019
Kimberle Steel's avatar
Kimberle Steel

No frills no hassle

Straight forward to engage with, good value and so easy to make changes.

Reviewed on 6th July 2019
Firefly's avatar
Firefly

excellent

very good customer service shall recommend

Reviewed on 11th December 2018
Sue Southurst's avatar
Sue Southurst

Fantastic Customer Service

Each time i have needed to speak to Hastings there customer service has been very good, helpful at every stage

Reviewed on 19th September 2018

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
Michael Carter's avatar
Michael Carter

Took a year to pay out

Took a year to pay out on an escape of water claim and then refused to cover me for the following year

Reviewed on 29th September 2017
Tracey Marks Yardley's avatar
Tracey Marks Yardley

Competitive but serious price increases

Still competitive, but inflicting major price rises on loyal customers - but less than the market, so still doing something right

Reviewed on 27th September 2017
Julian Hardy's avatar
Julian Hardy

Good Experience

I always had good support from them, they delivered on all their promises and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2017
Steve Fitzpatrick's avatar
Steve Fitzpatrick

Good Product, Shame About the Extra Charge

Found the insurance through a comparison website. Good coverage and good price. However, I wanted to think things over and maybe arrange the insurance direct (in case I had any further questions not covered by the info I got online) but that would have cost me an extra £12 plus just to speak to someone on the phone about the policy... Did end up taking the policy but didn't go direct.

Reviewed on 31st July 2017
Judith Mitchell's avatar
Judith Mitchell

Great service....

its just a shame about the admin charge every time you change something. Apart from that I have had no problems.

Reviewed on 24th July 2017
Laura Gibson's avatar
Laura Gibson

easy and cheap

got my home insurance with hastings direct. it was easy and the best and cheapest quote i got so i took them up on it!

Reviewed on 18th July 2017
liz marr's avatar
liz marr

Not bad

Easy to set up and reasonably priced Can be difficult to get through to

Reviewed on 13th October 2016
Michael Utterson's avatar
Michael Utterson

No problems

Never had any problems, very cheap and reliable

Reviewed on 1st August 2016