Hastings Direct: Home Insurance reviews

Based on 30 reviews, last reviewed 22nd Feb 2023

Great value insurance I have my house contents insurance with Hastings and have automatically renewed it due to the cost and service Reviewed on: 13th September 2022

*AVOID* they take your money but hate paying out! Accidentally damaged a ring and lost the stone. Despite repair cost being under the quoted 'value' they wouldn't pay out because the entire ring was w... Read more Reviewed on: 22nd February 2023
Roy's avatar
Roy

About the Home Insurance

Hastings Direct home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Hastings Direct handle your home insurance claim? Our Hastings Direct home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Hastings Direct? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Review Hastings Direct: Home Insurance now

Hastings Direct Home Insurance reviews (30)

*AVOID* they take your money but hate paying out!

Accidentally damaged a ring and lost the stone. Despite repair cost being under the quoted 'value' they wouldn't pay out because the entire ring was worth more..???.. So, if you want a valued item repaired under insurance don't bother claiming. Take good advice: *Go elsewhere* Reviewed on: 22nd February 2023
Roy's avatar
Roy

Do not buy Hastings home insurance

We had a roof leak after a storm just before Christmas and suffered internal damage . We have now been told it was our fault as it was “wear and tear” on the roof !! They sent a drone up and that was that !! No one came to have a look . Please do not use Hastings home insurance as it’s not worth the paper it’s written on . I don’t believe they would pay out for anything. How can you not be insured for storm damage ??? Go to a proper insurer . TOTAL RUBBISH Reviewed on: 16th February 2023
John Harman's avatar
John Harman

Not fit for purpose

Hastings Direct, so they tell me, are not an insurance company, they are a broker. Integra is said to be the insurer, with customer issues/complaints being bounced between both. They took over 4 months to deal with my claim, for water damage. They then charged me a £500 augmented excess to 'trace and access' the leak, while at the same time telling me I would have to pay for tracing and dealing with the leak, leaving me considerably out of pocket. Hastings passes the buck to Integra and vice versa. Hanging on the phone, again one day I was struck by the call-waiting message on replay, listing things that couldn't be claimed for, including storm and flood damage. I have escalated the matter with the financial ombudsman and warned others to avoid them at all costs. Steer clear! Reviewed on: 3rd November 2022

Great value insurance

Do you have a different Hastings Direct product?

Hastings Direct has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products