Hastings Direct: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 479 reviews, last reviewed 30th Jan 2023
92% decrease in 5 star reviews

Reasonable and easy Super easy to sign up and very reasonable price Reviewed on: 30th January 2023

Totally rubbish Renewed policy two weeks before old one ran out same conditions as my as my old policy paid for in full I told them I was retired as I was the year be... Read more Reviewed on: 24th January 2023

About the Car Insurance

Looking for your new car insurance provider? Check out the Hastings Direct car insurance reviews on Smart Money People, left by genuine customers to help you make an informed decision when choosing your next provider. Founded in 1997, Hastings Direct offers car, van, bike and home insurance, providing flexible policies with a wide range of optional extras. Its car insurance policies come with varying levels of cover, alongside a telematics policy, YouDrive, which rewards good driving with lower renewal rates. What factors do you consider to be most important when choosing a car insurance provider? Are you looking for a telematics policy that can save you money? Perhaps you require breakdown cover or courtesy car cover? What about windscreen cover, or protection from vandalism? Whatever your needs, check out our Hastings Direct car insurance reviews to see how existing customers rate their policies. Have you had a Hastings Direct car insurance policy? Share your experience with the Smart Money People community to help us increase trust and transparency in financial services. Tell us how satisfied you were with the price of the premium, and whether you managed to find cover for all of your needs? If you’ve had a YouDrive policy, did you find the scoring of your driving fair, and did you find a noticeable discount on your renewal? Leave a Hastings Direct car insurance review today and help other drivers.

Review Hastings Direct: Car Insurance now

Hastings Direct Car Insurance reviews (479)

Reasonable and easy

Super easy to sign up and very reasonable price Reviewed on: 30th January 2023

Totally rubbish

Renewed policy two weeks before old one ran out same conditions as my as my old policy paid for in full I told them I was retired as I was the year before as I receive pip they rang me to say i was unemployed and it would cost an extra 152 pounds I explained you can be employed and still receiving pip and I was retired so my 246pound policy was going to be 397 so i refused that and was told I would have to pay admin fee to cancel policy what wasn't due to start for another 2weeks totall scam Reviewed on: 24th January 2023

Awful!

Lost my car after they recovered it from the roadside. No courtesy car. No payout. I’m an nhs midwife that relies on her car for work and it has now been missing for eight days. Google it. This is not uncommon for them. Avoid. Reviewed on: 18th January 2023

Avoid...Pay a bit more and go with a quality Motor Insurance Company.

Garbage. Remember...you get what you pay for! Garbage company. Reviewed on: 3rd January 2023

Do you have a different Hastings Direct product?

Hastings Direct has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products