After 10 weeks of voting, with over 53,000 votes received so far, we can now reveal our finalists for the British Bank Awards 2022.
Commenting on the awards, Jacqueline Dewey, Chief Executive of Smart Money People, said:
“The British Bank Awards are now in their eighth year, and 2022 looks set to be another great year for the awards, with fantastic voting numbers and a wide variety of firms participating. The consumer feedback we’ve seen from the votes is extremely encouraging, and it's great to see so many consumers taking the time to vote for their favourite banking products and services. With three more weeks of voting remaining, there’s still much to play for with our finalists.”
What happens next
In the next phase of voting, we'll be finding the winners of the British Bank Awards 2022, so vote for your favourite finalist now if you haven't already. Voting will close on 4th April 2022.
To help us find our winners, you can vote for any of the companies within the categories listed below by going to our voting page, searching for the company you would like to vote for, and telling us what type of account or product you have with them. You will be asked to verify your vote by leaving us your email address or by verifying with Facebook or Google in order to be eligible for the prize draw to win £1,000!*
Alternatively, if you wish to vote in one of our Partner categories, please contact us and we will provide you with the voting link.
Who are the finalists for 2022?
Product Specific Awards
- Best Alternative Finance Provider – CapitalRise, CrowdProperty, Fund Ourselves, Satago
- Best Business Banking Provider – Cashplus Bank, HSBC Kinetic, Monzo, Starling Bank, Tide
- Best Business Finance Provider - Allica Bank, FIBR, Fleximize
- Best Children's Financial Provider – HyperJar, Nimbl, RoosterMoney, Starling Bank, Wealthify
- Best Credit Card Provider – Aqua, Bip, Cashplus Bank, Marbles, Zopa
- Best Crypto Exchange *New for 2022* - Coinpass, Ziglu
- Best Current Account Provider – Cashplus Bank, First Direct, Monzo, Suits Me, Starling Bank, Triodos Bank
- Best Ethical Financial Provider – Cumberland Building Society, Ecology Building Society, Triodos Bank, Wealthify
- Best Investments Provider – Claro Money, InvestEngine, Moneyfarm, Nutmeg, Triodos Bank, Wealthify, WiseAlpha, Wombat
- Best Mortgage Broker – Habito, Haysto, Mojo, Tembo, Trussle
- Best Online Trading Platform – Freetrade, Wealthify, Wombat, Ziglu
- Best Personal Finance App – Claro Money, Chip, HyperJar, ilumoni, Kroo, Moneybox, Moneyhub, Snoop, Twig, Wombat
- Best Personal Loan Provider – Bamboo Loans, JN Bank UK, Novuna, Post Office, RateSetter, Updraft, Zopa
- Best Savings Provider – Allica Bank, Close Brothers, Darlington Building Society, Dudley Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Newbury Building Society, RCI Bank, Saffron Building Society, The Melton Building Society
- Best Specialist Mortgage Provider - Bath Building Society, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, Newbury Building Society, Saffron Building Society, Suffolk Building Society, The Melton Building Society
Top Level Awards
- Best British Bank - Cashplus Bank, Monzo, NatWest, Starling Bank, Triodos Bank
- Innovation of the Year – Bip, Claro Money, HyperJar, InvestEngine, NatWest (Cora), Raisin, Snoop, Wombat
- Best Banking App - Cashplus Bank, HSBC Kinetic, Monzo, NatWest, Starling Bank, Tide
- Best Newcomer - Claro Money, HyperJar, ilumoni, InvestEngine, Tembo, Wombat
- Best Building Society (Category sponsored by finova) - Bath Building Society, Darlington Building Society, Dudley Building Society, Mansfield Building Society, Newbury Building Society, Saffron Building Society, Suffolk Building Society, The Melton Building Society, Vernon Building Society
- Customer Service Champion – Habito, JN Bank UK, The Melton Building Society, Updraft
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion - Close Brothers Savings, Darlington Building Society, Habito, RateSetter
- Personal Finance Journalist of the Year (Category sponsored by 71a) – No finalists stage. Winners will be announced on 5th May
- Online Financial Influencer of the Year – No finalists stage. Winners will be revealed on 5th May 2022
As voting continues, two Finalists in our ‘Customer Service Champion’ and ‘Treating Customers Fairly Champion’ awards will only be announced at the awards celebration on 5th May 2022.
Following feedback from our partner entrants, voting in our five partner categories will continue until 4th April 2022 without a finalist stage. The five partner categories are below, and winners will be announced on 5th May 2022 at our awards ceremony.
- The Pioneer Award
- RegTech Partner of the Year
- Technology Partner of the Year
- Consultancy of the Year
- Marketing & PR Partner of the Year
Winners announced on the 5th May 2022
You can continue voting for your favourite finalist until 4th April, when all voting will close.
The winners of the British Bank Awards will be announced on Thursday 5th May at a glamorous ceremony at the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane. Tickets are available now so get in touch with us today to secure your seat at an evening that’s sure to be the highlight of the banking industry calendar.