icount Reviews

The icount Current Account with prepaid MasterCard is a re-brand of the ClearCash Prepaid MasterCard. Smart Money People is the place for icount reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

icount Review Insight

icount Products 6

Prepaid MasterCard

Not satisfied and a waste of Fund

Open my account. Check balance before I paid money to the account, it states I got 9 Pounds. I put nothing to the account at this point. Check balance again after few hours, got a zero balance. I decided to pay money into it so I can make a payment. Try out 20 pounds to start with, check balanace in a few hours, available balance was 20 pounds. Check balance few days after 1 pound left. Shocking as I did not use the card as I was waiting for the pin number. Shocking.

Reviewed on 30th October 2018
OBee's avatar
OBee

Banking at its easiest

Was turned away from high st banks due to previous debts. Was recomended icount and never looked back since. Amazing functionalities too

Reviewed on 17th May 2017
Justine's avatar
Justine

Great Current account

I was recomended this account by a friend. Got my account details straight away and card 4 days later. I have my salary paid in and got all my direct debits set up. Banking made easy really!

Reviewed on 17th May 2017
Justine's avatar
Justine

Avoid Like Hell

Applied, Sent Certified Documents £5 Declined, No Refund for Certified Documents, AVOID LIKE HELL

Reviewed on 2nd December 2016
QQQ's avatar
QQQ

Prepaid MasterCard

I think the previous reviewer must be confused

icount is the new name of ClearCash and all that has changed is the branding and website. Fees are the same as they have always been.

Reviewed on 11th May 2016
Marc Gregor's avatar
Marc Gregor

Prepaid MasterCard

A sly and crafty organisation

I have used this company for a few years, and it was fine until about 6 month's ago, when it changed to... Read more

I have used this company for a few years, and it was fine until about 6 month's ago, when it changed to icount.
They changed to an Indian call centre. They started taking random amounts each month (Clearcash was fee free). They totally messed up my PayPal account (and then charged me £10 for the privilege!).
The final straw was when I paid a bill with the card, and they took £5.95 for their fee, left me in debt, and tried to charge me £15 "because there were insufficient funds to cover the original bill!"
Avoid this company at all cost, they will attempt to rob you blind!!!

Reviewed on 14th April 2016