ingenie Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 11 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Our ingenie Car Insurance reviews can help you to find out what life as a ingenie customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Average

ingenie Review Insight

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review ingenie's Car Insurance now

The worst insurance company

This insurance company is a fraud and so are these fake reviews.... Read more

This insurance company is a fraud and so are these fake reviews.
I had to change my car half way through the policy, I told them so. The car I bought was faulty so I returned the car to the garage on the day it was bought. I informed them of it yet they charged me for a month even though the car was not in my hands and increased my policy price to an extra 1 third of the price I had agreed with, which was almost the double price of other insurance companies. When you first sign up for it they omit the use of a tracker etc and then send you one, which you have to pay for!!! I mean their customer service is so bad that they answer enquires only by online chat! I’ve been driving for many years and have used a dozen of insurance companies, never found one as bad as this one! Don’t get their service, choose another one.

Reviewed on 19th July 2021
Pam's avatar
Pam

Avoid avoid avoid

Finally was able to cancel this joke of a company, hidden admin fees for everything, threats of cancellations for black box indescrepencies, quoted the cheapest insurance but all in all bunch of robbers glad to see the back of them, do not put yourself through these insurers!!!!

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
L morgan's avatar
L morgan

Too many cancellation notices

2 months I received too many cancellation notices. Signal didn;t receive from my black box but faulty blackbox in the end they cancelled my insurance without listening to customer end. Intention very clear take money annually and refund less than half of your money. Faulty black box paid 80pounds.

Reviewed on 10th August 2020
Salim Abdulkareem's avatar
Salim Abdulkareem

black box fitter didn't arrive causing policy cancellation

I booked the black box fitting and nobody came, i phoned ingenie and rebooked it, then i got an email saying that my policy is cancelled because they didn't fit the box

Reviewed on 9th December 2019
GC's avatar
GC

Take your money, ignore you if you have an accident

My son paid £1000 for insurance through Ingenie. After 9 months, his car was hit by someone at a roundabout. Ingenie were absolutely no help whatsoever and wouldn't even reply to letters. At renewal time, they just emailed to say they wouldn't quote for a further year's insurance. All they want is your money - no service or assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed on 16th April 2019
Alan Younger's avatar
Alan Younger

Pay whatever!

Absolute shambles of a company! Took out insurance for a teen in my household, informed them that he no longer uses the car and cancelled the policy. Was told I had to email them. So after a phone call and an email, I think it's sorted. Three months later, we get a letter from a debt-agency - wanting money for car insurance for a policy I cancelled! Debt agency asked for evidence, which i gladly supplied. They terminated the request from Ingenie for the funds instantly, because Ingenie lied about the dates I called and emailed and even said that he was still using the car (a car which has been scrapped). Would never use again!

Reviewed on 1st October 2017
Kayleigh White's avatar
Kayleigh White

Good

Great insurance helped me bring my premiums down drastically would recommend for new and young drivers

Reviewed on 13th September 2017
Ty Loureiro's avatar
Ty Loureiro

Just as expected.

Basic black box car insurance. Nothing more, nothing less. Great for young drivers though due to costs and having to be more aware of your driving skills.

Reviewed on 5th September 2017
Solomon Smith's avatar
Solomon Smith

Cheap but could improve

Got my first time insurance and subsequent year at a competitive price by having a black box. Were very helpful when a 3rd party wrote off my vehicle. However lots of additional costs for issues and some staff have been very unhelpful.

Reviewed on 5th September 2017
Jaime Lloves's avatar
Jaime Lloves

Cheapest price I found!

Great service. Helpful and friendly customer service. Feedback and black box reports very useful. Even better as you can get discounts :)

Reviewed on 16th August 2017
Jack Cooke's avatar
Jack Cooke

very good

good app, good black box feedback, and comparatively good price

Reviewed on 16th August 2017