Wow, what an exciting day for us! Not only have we gone live with our smart new look, we’re now ready to announce the finalists for the British Bank Awards 2023.
We’ve had an incredible start to the awards and we’ve already received over 100,000 reviews from consumers since the awards opened on 9 January. For all our finalists, consumers can continue to leave a review and vote for them until voting closes on 11 April at 11.59pm. We’ve shared more details on the next steps below.
Commenting on the finalist announcement, Jacqueline Dewey, Chief Executive of Smart Money People, said:
“The British Bank Awards are now in their ninth year, and 2023 looks set to be another great year for the awards and for Smart Money People. The consumer and client feedback we’ve seen coming in from the reviews is extremely encouraging. It's great to see so many people taking the time to leave a review and vote for their favourite banking products and services. With three more weeks remaining until the voting closes, there’s still much to play for with our finalists.”
What happens next?
To help us find our winners, you can leave a review and vote for any of the companies within the categories listed below, as long as you’re a customer with them. Voting will close in the awards on 11 April at 11.59pm.
Simply go to our review page, search for the company, tell us what you like about them and anything you think they could do better. You’ll need to verify your review by confirming your email address or by verifying with Facebook or Google in order to be eligible for the prize draw to win £1,000!*
Alternatively, if you’d like to vote in one of our partner categories, please contact us ([email protected]) and we’ll send you the voting link.
You can also continue to vote for your favourite online financial influencer right up until 11 April and, voting for your top personal finance journalist, will also close on 11 April.
Who are the British Bank Award finalists for 2023?
- Best alternative finance provider – CapitalRise, Satago
- Best building society savings provider - Bath Building Society, Chorley Building Society, Darlington Building Society, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, Leek Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Melton Building Society, Newbury Building Society, Saffron Building Society, Scottish Building Society, Suffolk Building Society
- Best business banking provider – ANNA, Cashplus Bank, CountingUp, HSBC Kinetic, Metro Bank, Monzo, Starling Bank, Tide
- Best business finance provider – Allica, Cashplus Bank, Cubefunder
- Best children's financial provider – Hyperjar, Metro Bank, NatWest Rooster Money, Starling Bank, Wealthify
- Best credit card provider – Aqua, Bip, Cashplus Bank, Metro Bank, Monzo, Yonder, Zopa
- Best current account provider – Cashplus Bank, Chase Bank, First Direct, Kroo, Metro Bank, Monzo, NatWest, Starling Bank, Suits me, Triodos Bank
- Best ethical financial provider – CIRCA5000, Monzo, My Community Bank, Starling Bank, Triodos Bank, Twig
- Best investments provider – CIRCA5000, InvestEngine, Moneybox, Portfolio, Plum, Triodos Bank, Wealthify, Wombat
- Best mortgage broker – Habito, Mojo, Tembo
- Best online trading platform – Freetrade, Wealthify, Wombat
- Best personal finance app – Chip, Emma, Hyperjar, Kroo, Moneybox, Moneyhub, Plum, Snoop, Twig, Updraft, Wombat
- Best personal loan provider – JN Bank UK, Monzo, My Community Bank, RateSetter, Updraft, Zopa
- Best savings provider – Allica, Chase Bank, Close Brothers Savings, Metro Bank, Moneybox, My Community Bank, OakNorth, Plum, Raisin, SmartSave, Triodos Bank, Zopa
- Best specialist mortgage provider – Chorley Building Society, Darlington Building Society, Dudley Building Society, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, Leek Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Melton Mowbray Building Society, Newbury Building Society, Saffron Building Society, Suffolk Building Society
- RegTech partner of the year – Acin, Encompass, FullCircl, Know your Customer, Qomply, TAINA Technology
- Technology partner of the year – 11:FS, Clearbank, CSI, Finova, Snowdrop Solutions Ltd
- Consultancy of the year – 11:FS, Capco, Vantage Point Global Ltd
- Marketing & PR partner of the year – 71a, Blue Train Marketing, Teamspirit
Finalists in our pioneer award category will be announced on 11 May!
- Best British bank – Cashplus Bank, Chase Bank, JN Bank UK, Kroo, Metro Bank, Monzo, NatWest, Starling Bank, Tide, Triodos Bank
- Innovation of the year (Category sponsored by 71a) – Bip, Monzo (Flex), NatWest CORA, Nous, Tembo, Twig
- Best banking app (Category sponsored by GDS Link) – Cashplus Bank, Chase Bank, Kroo, Metro Bank, Monzo, NatWest, Starling Bank, Tide, Triodos Bank
- Best newcomer (Category sponsored by The Fintech Times) – Chase Bank, Lightyear, Nous, OakNorth, Plend, Twig, Yonder
- Best building society (Category sponsored by finova) – Bath Building Society, Chorley Building Society, Darlington Building Society, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, Leek Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Melton Building Society, Newbury Building Society, Saffron Building Society, Scottish Building Society, Suffolk Building Society
- Customer service champion – Darlington Building Society, Leek Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Moneybox, RateSetter, Updraft
- Treating customers fairly champion – Habito, Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, JN Bank UK, Leek Building Society, Marsden Building Society, Moneybox
- Personal finance journalist of the year – Charlotte Gifford, Helen Crane, Georgie Frost, Jessica Sheldon, Lauren Almeida
- Online financial influencer of the year – Budget Jones' Diary, Finance with Raji, I'm Broke Baby, Money Savvy Mum UK, Mortgages with Serena, mrdealsmanchester, Stocks and Savings, The Humble Penny, The Savvy Spender
As voting continues, two finalists in our ‘customer service champion’ and ‘treating customers fairly champion’ awards will only be announced at the awards celebration on 11 May.
We’ll announce the winners on 11 May
You can continue to leave a review and vote for your favourite finalist until 11 April, when all voting will close.
We’ll announce the winners of the British Bank Awards Thursday 11 May. We’ll be celebrating with a gala event at The Londoner in the heart of Leicester Square. Tickets are available now, so get in touch with us today to secure your seat at an evening that’s sure to be the highlight of the banking industry calendar.
For more information about the British Bank Awards contact us at [email protected].