After 10 weeks of voting by customers for their favourite credit providers, we are delighted to announce the finalists of our Consumer Credit Awards 2022.
Over 25,000 votes have already been cast in the awards this year, with voting for the finalist firms remaining open until 11:59PM on 14th August 2022. We'll announce the winners on 8th September 2022.
Jacqueline Dewey, Chief Executive of Smart Money People, said:
“The Consumer Credit Awards are now in their seventh year, and 2022 looks set to be another great year for the awards. The consumer feedback we’ve seen from the votes demonstrates the importance of credit providers who offer great service and outcomes, at a time when these products are becoming a necessary lifeline for many, with the struggles people may be facing with their finances. Whether it’s mandatory or otherwise, people should expect good customer service and we’re championing those that do. With three more weeks of voting remaining, there’s still much to play for with our finalists.”
What happens next
In the next phase of voting, we'll be finding the winners of the Consumer Credit Awards 2022, so vote for your favourite finalist now if you haven't already. Voting will close at 11:59PM on 14th August 2022.
To help us find our winners, you can vote for any of the companies within the categories listed below by going to our voting page, searching for the company you would like to vote for, and telling us what type of account or product you have with them. You will be asked to verify your vote by leaving us your email address or by verifying with Facebook or Google in order to be eligible for the prize draw to win £1,000!*
Alternatively, if you wish to vote in one of our Partner categories, please contact us and we will provide you with the voting link.
The Consumer Credit Awards Finalists 2022
Company specific awards
- Best Car Finance Provider - Close Brothers (Car Finance), First Response Finance
- Best Consumer Credit Broker - Aspire Money, Click Finance, Credit Karma, Freedom Finance
- Best Credit Building Product Provider - Aqua Credit Card (New Day), Pave
- Best Credit Union (North) - Central Liverpool CU, Glasgow CU, Manchester CU, Partners CU, Sheffield CU
- Best Credit Union (South) - London Mutual CU, My Community Bank, Penny Post CU, Plane Saver CU, Wiltshire & Swindon CU
- Best Loan Provider (lending >£2.5k) - Bamboo Loans, BetterBorrow, My Community Bank
- Best Loan Provider (lending <£2.5k) - Central Liverpool CU, Cockle Finance, Fair For You, Glasgow CU, Great Western CU
- Best Retail Finance Provider - Klarna, Payl8r, PayPal
- Best Financial Support Provider - Back2Credit, PayPlan, StepChange
Partner specific awards
- Technology Partner of the Year - LendingMetrics, Onfido, TruNarrative, Yapily
- Credit Information Partner of the Year - Credit Kudos, Equifax, Experian, TransUnion
- Firm of the Year - Bamboo Loans, First Response Finance, NewDay, PayPal, PayPlan
- Innovation of the Year - Bip. (NewDay)
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion* - Back2Credit, First Response Finance, Penny Post CU, Sheffield CU
- Customer Service Champion* - Back2Credit, First Response Finance, Glasgow CU, PayPlan
*Two additional finalists will be announced in these two categories on the 8th September.
Winners announced on the 8th September 2022
You can continue voting for your favourite finalist until midnight on 14th August 2022, when we’ll close the voting.
For more information about the Consumer Credit Awards, please visit our website or contact us at [email protected]