Step Change Reviews

Ratings based on 1,673 reviews       Last review 4 months ago

Step Change is a "debt charity" which has offered debt management programmes to consumers since 1992. if you're looking for a debt management provider, read our reviews to see what our community has to say about Step Change, or if you've already used one of their programmes, leave a review of your own to help others make their own decisions.

Step Change Review Insight

Fees & Charges

Step Change Products 1,673

Life Saving Organisation

We Found ourselves in an inevitable and difficult to control financial... Read more

We Found ourselves in an inevitable and difficult to control financial situation.

The service and advice offered by StepChange meant that two young men could regain their foothold on their careers and their parents could resume making positive contributions towards them and others.
Almost every time I speak with a StepChange advisor I remind them that their service is literally life saving

Reviewed on 5th September 2020
John Coates's avatar
John Coates

Check out

Stepchange guide you all the way through step by step and make it easy join and keep helping you all the way through

Reviewed on 28th August 2020
Jackie Collins's avatar
Jackie Collins

Very good service

Stepchsnge really did change my life I was very stress out before they started to help me sort out my money problems. New I can see my way forward .

Reviewed on 26th August 2020
Jean's avatar
Jean

Debt Management

Helped with my depth problem

took a weight of my mind helped me get back on track again really helpful service Highly recommend you

Reviewed on 20th August 2020
kelly carline's avatar
kelly carline

Debt Management

Light at the end of a dark tunnel

The customer service team are wonderful, helpful and very thorough. They want to understand what has caused things to get to where they are so they can help you. When you're honest, they are able to help you in a way that changes your perspective on your debt. Instead of a burden, it becomes just another everyday bill. Thank you for your continued help stepchange.

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
DanielleD's avatar
DanielleD

Debt Management

My situation has been greatly helped by StepChange and their very helpful and understanding staff.

Whenever i have contacted StepChange I have always been helped by the very understanding staff.

Reviewed on 12th August 2020
Barbara Jacquesson's avatar
Barbara Jacquesson

Incredible debt charity

They are great! Very non judgemental and took the time to explain things thoroughly. I really like the fact you have a login so you can check your monthly statements and info.

Reviewed on 11th August 2020
Canyon Nobrega-Jones's avatar
Canyon Nobrega-Jones

Life savers

I got help from step change when could not see any other way to go highly recommendable.

Reviewed on 10th August 2020
Syed Hussain's avatar
Syed Hussain

Step Change

Step Change helped me when I got into debt, I think they are marvellous, they are caring helpful and efficient at what they do and I am very grateful to them.

Reviewed on 9th August 2020
Susan Smith's avatar
Susan Smith

Great team

Always very helpful and easy to speak to , would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 7th August 2020
June Pettengell 's avatar
June Pettengell

Gets my vote - Ease the pain of debt

Stepchange colleagues were very helpful and guided me through the worry of facing my debts and sorting out the best way forward.

Reviewed on 6th August 2020
Ann's avatar
Ann

Very good review

Very helpful & understanding . Never had any issues & always keep me informed of any changes which may occur

Reviewed on 5th August 2020
Craig smallman 's avatar
Craig smallman

Step change

The team r brillant team helping

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Brian davison's avatar
Brian davison

Splendid Organisation

They are a very caring efficient and understanding charity. I have an online DMP with them, and all I can say is I cannot fault anything they do, absolutely first class.

Anthony Record's avatar
Anthony Record

Great help

very helpful and non judgemental staff

Elaine Scott's avatar
Elaine Scott

Supportive.

Supportive, helpful nonjudgmental always available.

Jennifer Lawton 's avatar
Jennifer Lawton

Debt Management

Excellent simple and friendly advice that doesn't cost you anything.

I have used StepChange for a few years and it was brilliant at managing my debts. Next year it will all be paid off !

Reviewed on 25th July 2020
Mr Allen's avatar
Mr Allen

Very good

I would recommend my family and friends to go with step change as they are very good,there staff are very helpful

Sharon 's avatar
Sharon

Changed my life

I got way over my head in debt....didnt know what to do and thought my only option would be bankruptcy until someone told me about stepchange in 2016.... I've been paying since summer 2016 and my debt free day was 1st may 2020. It's like a weight lifted, I can answer my door and answer the phone to anyone. I am never getting into debt again. I'm now a mum of a 18 month old and it's great knowing I'm not in debt anymore

Izzy w's avatar
Izzy w

Helped Me So Much!

Step Change made a huge difference to my life and stress levels. Very knowledgeable and kind people to talk to. Gave me something to work towards and hope for the future!

tracy fishlock's avatar